Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ricky Town

Started by Music City Hog, August 18, 2015, 07:55:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hoggard on August 18, 2015, 04:44:24 pm
Almost 14,000 post on this site and you have NEVER read one single article about Coach Dan Enos ? Really ? Is that it ? Or maybe you just missed the article about his abilities as a recruiter ? Maybe I should read up on your post history before I decide if you are being negative. I'll figure out how to do that and get back to you with what I find.

I've read plenty about him, just not much about his recruiting evidently. That's why I, you know, asked the question. You can click my name and check out my post history by clicking "show posts". I'd love to see you pull an example of me being negative or downing the hogs. i guess it's easier to feign outrage and throw accusations around.

RazorPiggie

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 18, 2015, 04:52:18 pm
I've read plenty about him, just not much about his recruiting evidently. That's why I, you know, asked the question. You can click my name and check out my post history by clicking "show posts". I'd love to see you pull an example of me being negative or downing the hogs. You still haven't posted any links to the articles you've read.  I guess it's easier to feign outrage and throw accusations around.

All my friends say I'm a Razorback homer.  Everyone on this board thinks I'm just the most negative person ever.  It cracks me up.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on August 18, 2015, 04:54:46 pm
All my friends say I'm a Razorback homer.  Everyone on this board thinks I'm just the most negative person ever.  It cracks me up.

This guy is lecturing ME about being negative. AYSM?

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 18, 2015, 04:57:21 pm

Yeah, you're a real gomer. :)
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Hoggard

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 18, 2015, 04:57:21 pm

I'm not lecturing anyone. I just don't care for all the negative stuff. I'm done with this. I'm not here to get in pissing matches. I did read several of your post when CDE was hired and its really easy for me to believe that you completely forgot everything you read from back then. As much as you post I can see where you would forget a lot. I don't think you are negative we just got off on the wrong foot. Lets just leave it at that.
God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Hoggard on August 18, 2015, 05:24:06 pm
I'm not lecturing anyone. I just don't care for all the negative stuff. I'm done with this. I'm not here to get in pissing matches. I did read several of your post when CDE was hired and its really easy for me to believe that you completely forgot everything you read from back then. As much as you post I can see where you would forget a lot. I don't think you are negative we just got off on the wrong foot. Lets just leave it at that.

He didn't say anything negative. Not one thing

Hogs-n-Roses

I think you get him if possible. Prolly have transfers after this year anyway. We should. These kids shouldn't sit over there on our bench if they can go play somewhere. 4 years for him to play has him competing with a junior and a soph if someone transfers.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Wildhog on August 18, 2015, 04:54:46 pm

Realistic also gets interpreted as "negative" in here pretty often.  I actually share your views on most stuff and am diehard Razorback fan/alum.  no worries, you're not alone. 

:razorback:

yraciv

Grier was a bigger recruit than Towns, has a year of experience on him, and likely a year of starting time on him.  Barring injury or disastrous season, he'd be battling for a backup spot.  Here he is almost guaranteed a shot to compete to start.   

tophawg19

as far as they reported Florida may not even offer . So we may be worrying about a team not involved
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

lefty08

I dont see it having anything to do with whats already on campus or what Enos may think of what we have, its a matter of a supremely talented kid. You take anyone who you think might be able to help you win, as long as the other check marks are checked off
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Pig in the Pokey

August 18, 2015, 07:51:06 pm #114 Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:02:37 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: yraciv on August 18, 2015, 07:14:19 pm
Grier was a bigger recruit than Towns, has a year of experience on him, and likely a year of starting time on him.  Barring injury or disastrous season, he'd be battling for a backup spot.  Here he is almost guaranteed a shot to compete to start.
I agree with some of this but you are overselling Grier a bit don't you think? they were both ranked basically the same. both around 50th in the country.

here's grier- 0.9758 -
Natl Comp
here's town-0.9602 -
Natl Comp
Ranked by 247Sports as the nation's No. 3 pro-style quarterback in the class-of-2015, Town is looking for a pro-style offense to play in when considering his next destination.

Arkansas and Florida are two programs that 247Sports is hearing will be a contender.

Schools Town cannot consider per his release from USC include all of the Pac 12, Alabama, Arkansas State, Idaho, UNLV, Notre Dame, Utah State, Western Michigan, Texas and BYU. All are future opponents of the Trojans.

The 6-foot-3, 206-pound Town was a U.S. Army All-American. The No. 50 recruit in the country regardless of position.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

deedster84

For what it's worth, Coach Enos and Town have now followed each other on twitter.

ricepig

Quote from: deedster84 on August 18, 2015, 07:58:39 pm
For what it's worth, Coach Enos and Town have now followed each other on twitter.

Has Barry Odom??

HOGINTENNESSEE

Nice

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2015, 08:00:22 pm
Has Barry Odom??
who?
God, dude, your shtick is so tired.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 18, 2015, 08:03:13 pm
who?
God, dude, your schtick is so tired.

Lol, you're one to talk......

Music City Hog

Direct message time for those two.  Reel him in coach.

Pig in the Pokey

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 18, 2015, 08:04:18 pm
Direct message time for those two.  Reel him in coach.
Yup, I actually like our chances on this one. And am really glad we didn't get the Purdue kid.

deedster84

Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2015, 08:00:22 pm
Has Barry Odom??

Just trying to bring some actual info to the post instead of a bunch of cat fights.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: deedster84 on August 18, 2015, 08:05:08 pm
Just trying to bring some actual info to the post instead of a bunch of cat fights.
and it was appreciated and is relevant. thank you.

Wildhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 18, 2015, 08:06:51 pm
and it was appreciated and is relevant. thank you.

I'm sorry, did you say meow?
1909/1964/1965/1977

duckman

Hey Super

(eats popcorn and enjoys another classic Hogville forum argument)
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

deedster84

Wonder if the mods can have a post just for crying, arguing, or things people do to derail a topic. Sorta like a timeout post. Stick em in there for a couple days and close down the rest of Hogville to them. Give em time to kiss and make up and help the rest of us save time from reading 3 pages of (b)itching.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

poloprince

Maybe Sabam will still take him.
$PoLoPrInCe$

duckman

yraciv

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 18, 2015, 07:51:06 pm
I agree with some of this but you are overselling Grier a bit don't you think? they were both ranked basically the same. both around 50th in the country.

here's grier- 0.9758 -
Natl Comp
here's town-0.9602 -
Natl Comp
Ranked by 247Sports as the nation's No. 3 pro-style quarterback in the class-of-2015, Town is looking for a pro-style offense to play in when considering his next destination.

Arkansas and Florida are two programs that 247Sports is hearing will be a contender.

Schools Town cannot consider per his release from USC include all of the Pac 12, Alabama, Arkansas State, Idaho, UNLV, Notre Dame, Utah State, Western Michigan, Texas and BYU. All are future opponents of the Trojans.

The 6-foot-3, 206-pound Town was a U.S. Army All-American. The No. 50 recruit in the country regardless of position.

Town's national comp was 79, his 247 rating was 50. Grier's comp was 48, and his 247 rating was 66.  It's pulling hairs because they are both really good prospect but I was referring to national comp and ratings.

TDHawgs

Ty Storey is now following him as well.

duckman

Quote from: TDHawgs on August 18, 2015, 08:40:19 pm
Ty Storey is now following him as well.

Nope, not at the moment...

ricepig

duckman

racinghog

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 18, 2015, 09:06:50 am
it is clear the coaches are wanting another QB on the roster to compete for the starting job next year by continuing to be included in QB transfers like the kid from Purdue and now Town.  There was even that pic of Enos making the donation to the RF that had a personalized letter to JC QB and Tenn transfer Riley Ferguson (whatever happened there anyways?).  With Enos now having gone through a full spring as well as a couple weeks of fall camp- he must not be 100% sold the answer for the 2016 season is already on campus.

IF our OC and HC deem it necessary to bring in another QB after being around these guys as much as they are then who are we to argue?  Reading between the lines it seems like it is pretty cut and dried to me

On a side note- I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if Cooper Rush- Enos QB at CMU- isn't mentioned and/or sought out as a graduate transfer after this season to play his RS Sr season here competing for the starting job.  Kid is an academic all American and will be graduated and will have 3 years starting experience at the D1 level and has played 3 years under Enos counting his RS season which might be just what our inexperienced offense will need in 2016
Interesting that you brought this up. Enos has been recruiting just about every transfer QB that has been available since he became a hog. I know of another one he went after hard that most on here do not know about.

Music City Hog

Quote from: racinghog on August 18, 2015, 08:47:34 pm
Interesting that you brought this up. Enos has been recruiting just about every transfer QB that has been available since he became a hog. I know of another one he went after hard that most on here do not know about.

Other than the Purdue transfer?

racinghog

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 18, 2015, 08:54:13 pm
Other than the Purdue transfer?
yes other than the Purdue kid

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: racinghog on August 18, 2015, 09:11:02 pm
yes other than the Purdue kid

The only other 2 high profile Kids I can think of are O'Connor from Penn State and the Stanton Kid from Nebraska.

racinghog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 18, 2015, 09:16:17 pm
The only other 2 high profile Kids I can think of are O'Connor from Penn State and the Stanton Kid from Nebraska.
there was another that wound up at another SEC school. Enos is not enamored with the kids on campus and is trying to find a bridge until his kid gets to campus.

Music City Hog

Quote from: racinghog on August 18, 2015, 10:26:41 pm
there was another that wound up at another SEC school. Enos is not enamored with the kids on campus and is trying to find a bridge until his kid gets to campus.

Grayson Lambert?

Huds_HawgTide

Ricky only follows like 188 ppl or a low number...but his last person yo follow is dan enos...no other new follows outside enos...now he may prob be following nussmeier from last yr but i wasnt looking that far into it
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

aloha_kid

So do you want a kid that just graduated high school who didn't make the first week of fall camp at USC before deciding to transfer because he was fighting for 3rd string reps?  A kid that thinks his high school career was any better than the 2 other 5* recruits with NCAA experience.  One a RSSR and the other a RSJR.

That is rather uncommon ... just not the kind of uncommon CBB looks for ... is it?

Hoggard

Pork I apologize for assuming that you were being negative. And I owe the board an apology for derailing this thread. I really don't know everyone here very well yet. And yeah I was being bitchy. I just don't have a lot of patience for trolling or for all the negative stuff. CBB is really building something we haven't had here and its something that , as a fan , I'm very proud of. I know you weren't being negative Pork.

I'll read more and post less. And hope that things stay positive. (not referring to you Pork)

:razorback: :razorback:
God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: WriterWrong on August 18, 2015, 12:56:49 pm
Which QB has never lived up to his hype? Rafe? Are Rafe and Storey the elite QB's you're referring to? Or, is Austin one of them?

In my mind, we have three very capable QB's behind BA. All three have talent. It's just a battle to see who wins the spot when BA is gone. It could be any of them. I personally feel that it will be Storey, but they are all capable, which is why they're here.
Top 5 at your position is elite in my definition, and that was BA. So I was referring to Ty we don't know and BA has not been elite. Certainly Rafe especially and AA are not chopped liver, but they were not top 150 to 200 players like the other 2.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: aloha_kid on August 18, 2015, 11:11:28 pm
So do you want a kid that just graduated high school who didn't make the first week of fall camp at USC before deciding to transfer because he was fighting for 3rd string reps?  A kid that thinks his high school career was any better than the 2 other 5* recruits with NCAA experience.  One a RSSR and the other a RSJR.

That is rather uncommon ... just not the kind of uncommon CBB looks for ... is it?

That's awfully presumptuous of you. You have no idea what this kid's story is. If the coaches want him then so do I.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: aloha_kid on August 18, 2015, 11:11:28 pm

Yes, I want the kid who has better arm talent than the current kids on campus, had offers from every school in the nation, and our coaches jumped on immediately once he became an option.

HogWall Jackson

If he wants to come here and compete that is one thing, but I wouldn't put on the Dog to go out and get him. Projects like this usually run less than a 50% success rate. I wish the kid the best and hope he gets it right this time.