Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What if CBB signs 5-6 very rated JUCO studs on both sides of the ball

Started by nwahogfan1, November 03, 2017, 04:17:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

which seemingly addresses all of our immediate needs plus reassures us he will leave the coaching to the coordinators allowing them to install what ever it takes (according to them) to make us much better next year plus lets Anderson go.  Will he get one more year?

Lots of ifs I know but most like the guy but his coaching is not getting it done. 

Hoginsavga

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on November 03, 2017, 04:17:51 pm
which seemingly addresses all of our immediate needs plus reassures us he will leave the coaching to the coordinators allowing them to install what ever it takes (according to them) to make us much better next year plus lets Anderson go.  Will he get one more year?

Lots of ifs I know but most like the guy but his coaching is not getting it done.

Wasn't this already tried with John L. Smith regarding leaving the coaching to the coordinators? I prefer a head coach that stays involved in all aspects of the coaching.

247Hog

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Stop with the what ifs. What ifs are short term to save his ass for a season or two. If i want us to be relevant in 3 years, he needs to go PERIOD.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Hogdomer

We signed Brandon Martin this year and he has done next to nothing.

HogHomer

Quote from: Hogdomer on November 03, 2017, 04:30:07 pm
True when do we get immediate stud JUCO players? It always takes at least a year before they break out. Nance is a nice find tho

nwahogfan1

Quote from: HogHomer on November 03, 2017, 04:35:27 pm
True when do we get immediate stud JUCO players? It always takes at least a year before they break out. Nance is a nice find tho

I am saying this because CBB is really going hard after the JUCO players.  He has offered several from JUCOs.    LB, OT, DE, DT and WR so far from AZ JUCOs plus a NG from Kansas JUCO and a OLM from Iowa JUCO. 

247Hog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on November 03, 2017, 04:40:32 pm
I am saying this because CBB is really going hard after the JUCO players.  He has offered several from JUCOs.    LB, OT, DE, DT and WR so far from AZ JUCOs plus a NG from Kansas JUCO and a OLM from Iowa JUCO.

That tells me our coach lacks the ability to evaluate at a high level and is in panic mode.

You do that in year one or two...not five.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: 247Hog on November 03, 2017, 04:42:13 pm
That tells me our coach lacks the ability to evaluate at a high level and is in panic mode.

You do that in year one or two...not five.

If you are in his position, would you be in any other mode? At this point, he knows he has at MOST 1 more year to improve drastically. You aren't working on a 3 year plan.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

247Hog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 03, 2017, 04:45:39 pm
If you are in his position, would you be in any other mode? At this point, he knows he has at MOST 1 more year to improve drastically. You aren't working on a 3 year plan.

If i was him in that situation outside of Arkansas, i'd be fired.

JaketheSnake

Firing coaches doesn't seem to take recruiting into account.  Nor should it.

farmhawg

who cares, he can't coach them so it would be a waste.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Marshfieldhog

You lost me at CBB recruiting 5-6 studs. We have a small class coming in and you think we would have been able to go after 15 high profile guys but the rankings tell otherwise. Help isn't on the way and we will leave it at that.

sowmonella

Brandon will be a big time SEC receiver. Give him time.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

jgphillips3

You mean, what if he tries to bandage it up to win just enough to survive and keep us lower tier to mediocre for another 2-5 years...no thanks. 

Steef

PygmalionEffect2

What if we fired CBB and hired someone that could actually coach and recruit?

And when he talked about hard work and discipline, he would somewhat look like he practiced what he preached.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on November 03, 2017, 05:37:24 pm
What if we fired CBB and hired someone that could actually coach and recruit?

And when he talked about hard work and discipline, he would somewhat look like he practiced what he preached.
Do you have a target BMI in mind for our next HC? 

I wouldn't want Bret being our coach if Saban agreed to recruit us a couple of #1 rated groups back to back and pass all of them on to us.  I feel toward Bret as I do about Nutt, neither could win a NC if Saban recruited them the #1 rated group 5 years in a row.  Honestly, I doubt if either could even get in the NC game much less win it.

And Nutt is the better coach of the two but Bret has more character.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HeathWimp

11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

East Clintwood

Enough with the "what-ifs".

The guy wasn't a good fit here to begin with and he's had almost 5 years to adapt and show us that he is capable of winning here and he's failed miserably to do so.  Not just failed, but set multiple records in futility that have never happened in the entire history of Razorback football.

Give it a rest.  Fire the guy and find someone that can get the job done here.  This guy can't.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

From Tusk Till Dawn

farmhawg

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 03, 2017, 07:38:23 pm
Enough with the "what-ifs".

The guy wasn't a good fit here to begin with and he's had almost 5 years to adapt and show us that he is capable of winning here and he's failed miserably to do so.  Not just failed, but set multiple records in futility that have never happened in the entire history of Razorback football.

Give it a rest.  Fire the guy and find someone that can get the job done here.  This guy can't.
Yep, all the dumpling gang just keep going with stupid poasts.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hogdomer

EastexHawg

Wait, I thought the key to Bielema's success was redshirting freshmen so he would have a team laden with 4th and 5th year players.  Now it is spending scholarships on guys with two years to play.

Don't feel bad about throwing stuff against the wall and hoping something sticks, though.  It's exactly what our head coach is doing.  Long term good of the program be darned, he needs to get lucky and find a way to keep drawing his $4 million per year salary.  Maybe he can also change offensive and defensive schemes again while he is at it.

Porkchop#1

Maybe he could also attend a lot of coaching clinics and try to pick up a lot of pointers...a whole heck of a lot too!

He'd need to be listening and not talking too....seems he likes to hear himself talk.

JayHog

And Patton was the #1 juco TE, and he hasn't provided the splash that we all thought he would.

MuskogeeHogFan

Bielema's fate has probably already been decided as it relates to 2018, unknown to any of us. If he is retained for another season, he would have to probably go 9-4 or better in 2018 to stick around.

So what do we have coming back next year? On the O-Line we lose Paul Ramirez (OT), Ragnow and Raulerson (OG), but return quite a few. All of the TE's are back. All of the WR's will be more experienced and we will only lose Jared Cornelius (unless he somehow is granted an NCAA Med R/S and sticks around for another year). At RB we only lose David Williams. At QB we lose AA, but Cole Kelley has already shown that he has a lot of potential, he just needs more experience this year and off season development.

On defense along the front 3, we lose Bijhon Jackson. We lose Dwayne Eugene and Karl Roesler at the Razor and Hog LB spots. In the Secondary we lose Toliver, Richardson, Coley and Liddell, so we will be younger in the back end and need to hope that some of the under-classmen really develop and step up for 2018.

There is actually the potential of a better team for 2018 than we have produced so far for 2017, but enough so to produce 9 wins or more? Maybe, but who knows.

Frankly I hope that after the season, none of this is even a consideration for 2018.
Go Hogs Go!

Hoggish1

IT would seem likely that he would, if he does all those things.

Many on here won't like that scenario but it is the only logical outcome given the personnel on this roster.

Hawghiggs

That should tell us exactly how bad of a recruiting and developing situation that Bielema has Arkansas in. 

Hawghiggs

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 04, 2017, 07:35:51 am
Bielema's fate has probably already been decided as it relates to 2018, unknown to any of us. If he is retained for another season, he would have to probably go 9-4 or better in 2018 to stick around.

So what do we have coming back next year? On the O-Line we lose Paul Ramirez (OT), Ragnow and Raulerson (OG), but return quite a few. All of the TE's are back. All of the WR's will be more experienced and we will only lose Jared Cornelius (unless he somehow is granted an NCAA Med R/S and sticks around for another year). At RD we only lose David Williams. At QB we lose AA, but Cole Kelley has already shown that he has a lot of potential, he just needs more experience this year and off season development.

On defense along the front 3, we lose Bijhon Jackson. We lose Dwayne Eugene and Karl Roesler at the Razor and Hog LB spots. In the Secondary we lose Toliver, Richardson, Coley and Liddell, so we will be younger in the back end and need to hope that some of the under-classmen really develop and step up for 2018.

There is actually the potential of a better team for 2018 than we have produced so far for 2017, but enough so to produce 9 wins or more? Maybe, but who knows.

Frankly I hope that after the season, none of this is even a consideration for 2018.

I hadn't looked at next season. But the schedule does set up for the next coach to make a huge splash.

Captain Morgan

JUCOs often times are just special teamers and program fillers. I want stars and those guys from the HS ranks

depressed_fan

Is this a joke or are you being serious?

Juco "studs" are hard for anyone to find, let alone 8 or 10 in one year for one team.
Juco players generally go Juco b/c they aren't real good in the classroom and struggle learning the playbook.
Juco players generally come with baggage.
Juco players are generally overrated and don't offer much, if they ever make it to the field.
Juco players that do contribute are only going to be here 2 years on average but tie up a scholarship of what could be younger developing players or players that have been in the system 3 or 4 years
Juco players leave a hole in your roster when they're gone. When they are gone you either have to replace them with other juco players or get real real young doing it the right way and rebuild 2 more years.

havok

First he would have to get them interested, then Sign them.  Getting them on Campus and then on the field to play is another story.  The end of the story is.. the Low quality assistant coaches we have would need to learn how to develop talent.

sounds more like a Fairy Tale than a Possible non-fiction story.

Hogdomer

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 04, 2017, 07:35:51 am

So what do we have coming back next year? On the O-Line we lose Paul Ramirez (OT), Ragnow and Raulerson (OG), but return quite a few. All of the TE's are back. All of the WR's will be more experienced and we will only lose Jared Cornelius (unless he somehow is granted an NCAA Med R/S and sticks around for another year). At RB we only lose David Williams. At QB we lose AA, but Cole Kelley has already shown that he has a lot of potential, he just needs more experience this year and off season development.

Cornelius will be back.  Ryan Pulley too.

lumphog

I was... a HUGE supporter of CBB, thought he could do it, BUT... after year 5 & what we SEE... He is NOT the guy & can't get it done. Something's going on, just look at Georgia's staff & what they have done.... some of those guys were on this staff, WHY are they not now ?
Long NEEEDS to hire Norvel... NOW!!!! get a young energetic coach that KNOWS how to coach & win.... There is Talent on this team to win now.... CBB CAN'T DO IT!!!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 04, 2017, 08:09:48 am
JUCOs often times are just special teamers and program fillers. I want stars and those guys from the HS ranks

Not at Alabama and on the other end of the spectrum, neither are they at K-State.
Go Hogs Go!

HoggyCat

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 03, 2017, 05:12:24 pm
You lost me at CBB recruiting 5-6 studs. We have a small class coming in and you think we would have been able to go after 15 high profile guys but the rankings tell otherwise. Help isn't on the way and we will leave it at that.

Actually he said "signs".  Like we're gonna wait and see what his class looks like before firing him....
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Paul

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Captain Morgan on November 04, 2017, 08:09:48 am
Weve has several recent difference makers from Juco.

elksnort

If if and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas

HogPharmer

What if CBB hires Saban as his DC, Gruden as QB coach, Chip Kelley as OC and the #1 recruiting class of 2018. Does he keep his job?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 04, 2017, 12:53:28 pm
What if CBB hires Saban as his DC, Gruden as QB coach, Chip Kelley as OC and the #1 recruiting class of 2018. Does he keep his job?

This is just crazy talk.  No way we get the #1 class next year; I think there's only like 15 spots available.

Vantage 8 dude

First of all, that most definitely WON'T be happening. Secondly, I seriously doubt it would help next year.