Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thank you, Coach B

Started by mj4president, November 24, 2017, 10:20:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

I'd like to take a moment to thank you for your service to the University of Arkansas, as well as the state. It's not an easy job and could see the stress you're under, it does come with the territory. I can tell you gave it your best shot.

Thank you and best wishes,

MJ4P
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Smalltownhog95

I like it. We're not under sanctions. We have some talent (more 4 star players on the team than i can remember). The right hire can turn us around quick. He's a good man that took a job he wasn't ready for. Lots of us have done it. Thank you Bret.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

The OTR

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on November 24, 2017, 10:28:33 am
I like it. We're not under sanctions. We have some talent (more 4 star players on the team than i can remember). The right hire can turn us around quick. He's a good man that took a job he wasn't ready for. Lots of us have done it. Thank you Bret.

Nice legacy. Not leaving us under sanctions.

I will always think fondly of him and root for his teams.

duckman

I truly like the man, this job / conference is an animal few can tame.

RexMentor

In the dictionary, under the word class, you see this post. I wish others would show such class.

HF#1

I wish him well but I'm not going to thank him. He came, he failed, he's leaving. Best of luck in future endeavors.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

The NewEra

He's built a good foundation.  Check that box off the list.  I'm extremely appreciative of that after the mess he inherited. 

Now it's time we get a great X's and O's coach to field a dynamic offense, a tough aggressive defense and a well schooled special teams.  It's past time to take this to the next level and start winning football games. 

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: The NewEra on November 24, 2017, 10:52:21 am
He's built a good foundation.  Check that box off the list.  I'm extremely appreciative of that after the mess he inherited. 

Now it's time we get a great X's and O's coach to field a dynamic offense, a tough aggressive defense and a well schooled special teams.  It's past time to take this to the next level and start winning football games.

I see Bielema much the same as Danny Ford. He wasn't getting the most out of the players we have, and some new energy next year could see us winning a lot more than most expect.

FutureMan

Agreed, thank you Coach B.  Thank you for re-building our team with a solid foundation.  Thank you for caring for our players and helping them to grow into fine young men that we can be proud of.  Thank you for serving the position of Razorback Head Football Coach with dignity and respect.  Thank you for all the little things you did that will never be known to the common Razorback fan.

Once a Hog, always a Hog.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

JOKERHOG

Quote from: mj4president on November 24, 2017, 10:20:12 am
I'd like to take a moment to thank you for your service to the University of Arkansas, as well as the state. It's not an easy job and could see the stress you're under, it does come with the territory. I can tell you gave it your best shot.

Thank you and best wishes,

MJ4P

If he would have kept his mouth shut and focused on his job, it might have worked out...
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

HiggiePiggy

Almost 30 million dollars for 5 years of mediocre coaching. Should be him saying thanks. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

OLDHOG

I really wanted it to work, it just didn't. It happens. Thanks for giving it a shot.

pigroots

He took the job under a cloud of scandal. He cleaned the program up and raised the standard in the classroom to new levels .Also he seemed to be a genuine human being while serving others. Unfortunately ultimate success at this level is measured by wins and losses and that's the only requirement he fell short of. Good luck CBB and I fully expect to see him succeed somewhere else

my3boneheads

I'd give him another year if he would void his contract and coach next year for free. It would just be like he got an advance in his salary. If the Hogs go 8-4 than he could negotiate a contract based on incentives. I think he loves Arkansas and wants to succeed but 90% of the time when someone gets a huge contract their production slips mightily.

Boardon Hamsay

CBB is a good guy. Just didn't have success here for a number of reasons. I wish him the best and don't feel like he "destroyed" the program. That's way overreactive based on some fans lacking perspective. Just didn't work out.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

TrueBlue

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 24, 2017, 11:25:52 am
Almost 30 million dollars for 5 years of mediocre coaching. Should be him saying thanks. 

I can be a sweetheart of guy as well if you give me $30MM for doing nothing.