Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Future Little Rock Games

Started by WoooPigBrewie, November 23, 2017, 08:48:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kneph13

There is no Political Correctness in war

ricepig

One game, every other year, will be the compromise. I have no idea who the opponent/opponents will be.

hog911

Quote from: Snouty on November 24, 2017, 03:57:16 am
A little arrogant, don't you think?  Tell that to Cliff Harris.

Yes it's arrogant, I'm perfectly okay with it! Arkansas State fans are absolutely annoying insisting we play them and think big brother UofA owes them something! Playing A State does absolutely nothing for UofA and eventually can start hurting us in recruiting. A state can play their game with UCA every year  that should be enough!

hassettsportsman

I'm for any matchups in LR....against any of our former SWC pals.

shown006

Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2017, 08:03:05 am
One game, every other year, will be the compromise. I have no idea who the opponent/opponents will be.
That's possible.  I think it'll end up being 1 non conference game against a Sun Belt, MAC team, or Conference USA team every other year, and then the Mizzou game on the day after Thanksgiving every other year.  What is clear is the Governor and the majority of the BOT support continuing the LR games.  It was very interesting to learn the Governor told Long to stop his presentation regarding discontinuing the games in LR.
WPS!

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Simple Swineman on November 24, 2017, 07:53:35 am
How bout a DIAMOND BOWL jamboree? Start a new tradition of a Labor Day weekend kickoff classic in Little Rock.

UCA vs UAPB kickoff at 11:00am
Arkansas vs Arkansas State at 6:00pm

A full day of football and tailgating with all corners of the state coming together in the capital city to welcome in the new season.
I'm in NWA and I would drive down to see that.

Torqued pork

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 24, 2017, 07:44:24 am
Jeff is gone. Frank is gone. Let's all move on.

Time to come together as one.

DIAMOND BOWL!

Think about how much Asa would love presenting that trophy!! Pure joy.
Quote from: hog911 on November 24, 2017, 07:54:25 am
Having Arkansas State build their program off the backs of Arkansas is never a good idea! State of Mississippi has a ton of Division I talent but splitting it amongst two major programs and mid major has left both programs being mediocre at best! Let's keep one football school on the hill and not built A st and UCA's programs!
Funny how tough times for the Hogs brings out the leeches.

ricepig

Quote from: shown006 on November 24, 2017, 08:29:04 am
That's possible.  I think it'll end up being 1 non conference game against a Sun Belt, MAC team, or Conference USA team every other year, and then the Mizzou game on the day after Thanksgiving every other year.  What is clear is the Governor and the majority of the BOT support continuing the LR games.  It was very interesting to learn the Governor told Long to stop his presentation regarding discontinuing the games in LR.

He was giving the pro's and con's, the Governor didn't tell him to stop the presentation because it was one to stop the games. That might have been Long's position, but it was just a presentation of the numbers.

hog911

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 24, 2017, 08:31:46 am

You said it!  A State fans are parasites!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Simple Swineman on November 24, 2017, 07:53:35 am
How bout a DIAMOND BOWL jamboree? Start a new tradition of a Labor Day weekend kickoff classic in Little Rock.

UCA vs UAPB kickoff at 11:00am
Arkansas vs Arkansas State at 6:00pm

A full day of football and tailgating with all corners of the state coming together in the capital city to welcome in the new season.
You need to be on the stadium commission!!

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

buldozer

There is absolutely nothing to gain for the Razorback Football Program to start playing lesser in-state programs. Nothing. Playing other in-state programs allows them the possibility to elevate themselves to a level to compete in recruiting our in-state kids. Right now the lesser in-state schools do not compete with the UA in recruiting.

Razorback games need to continue in WMS in order to keep the entire state behind the Razorback program and to keep the Razorbacks number 1 with the kids and fans in Central, South and East Arkansas, but the opponents need to be SEC or out of state programs.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: hog911 on November 24, 2017, 07:54:25 am
Having Arkansas State build their program off the backs of Arkansas is never a good idea! State of Mississippi has a ton of Division I talent but splitting it amongst two major programs and mid major has left both programs being mediocre at best! Let's keep one football school on the hill and not built A st and UCA's programs!
Their programs are already built...UCA #4 seed in the FCS playoffs and Arkansas State always in the running for the Sun Belt.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 24, 2017, 08:31:46 am
No leech here!

Time for change.

Time for healing.

Time for...

THE DIAMOND BOWL BABY
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2017, 08:03:05 am
In WMS can adhere to the laid out SEC standards, it will be Missouri.

If they can't it will be the LA Tech, ULM, Toledo, North Texas type games. Sad!

That is why...

DIAMOND BOWL BABY
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

hog911

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 24, 2017, 08:53:29 am
Their programs are already built...UCA #4 seed in the FCS playoffs and Arkansas State always in the running for the Sun Belt.

Built, huh? When will A State be joining one of the major five conferences, or UCA step up to FBS level? Neither program is anywhere near built! It requires more than 30k fans and actually winning on a big stage to be considered stepping up.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: buldozer on November 24, 2017, 08:53:18 am
There is absolutely nothing to gain for the Razorback Football Program to start playing lesser in-state programs. Nothing. Playing other in-state programs allows them the possibility to elevate themselves to a level to compete in recruiting our in-state kids. Right now the lesser in-state schools do not compete with the UA in recruiting.

Razorback games need to continue in WMS in order to keep the entire state behind the Razorback program and to keep the Razorbacks number 1 with the kids and fans in Central, South and East Arkansas, but the opponents need to be SEC or out of state programs.
Oklahoma v. Tulsa
Oklahoma St. v. Tulsa
Tennessee v. Memphis
Tennessee v. MTSU
LSU v. Louisiana-Lafayette
LSU v. LA Tech

The list goes on and on!

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: hog911 on November 24, 2017, 09:03:07 am

Built, huh? When will A State be joining one of the major five conferences, or UCA step up to FBS level? Neither program is anywhere near built! It requires more than 30k fans and actually winning on a big stage to be considered stepping up.
A-State will never join a Power-5 conference.

If UCA moves to the Sun Belt or Conference USA, who cares?

They run solid programs for their levels.  Not sure you can dispute that.

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Torqued pork

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 24, 2017, 08:56:02 am
No leech here!

Time for change.

Time for healing.

Time for...

THE DIAMOND BOWL BABY
It isn't the UofA's job to help other instate schools at its own expense.  It's just flat-out stupid to think it should if you're a Hog fan first.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 24, 2017, 09:13:22 am
It isn't the UofA's job to help other instate schools at its own expense.  It's just flat-out stupid to think it should if you're a Hog fan first.
What expense?

We already lose money playing in WMS and are going to be forced to continue playing in WMS.

Why pay a Sun Belt, MAC, C-USA, AAC, or Mountain West team $1.5 million to play us in WMS?  Add that to the loss already incurred. Ouch! Sad!

Arkansas and Arkansas State could enter into a true neutral site game.  We pay them $0, they pay us $0. Only expense is our own.

If it means that much to Arkansas State they would take that offer in a heart beat.  Why? Exposure.

DIAMOND BOWL BABY
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

IronHog

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 24, 2017, 09:13:22 am

The reality of putting humans in seats will probably force AState to help UAF out with a game......
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Torqued pork

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 24, 2017, 09:21:53 am
What expense?

We already lose money playing in WMS and are going to be forced to continue playing in WMS.

Why pay a Sun Belt, MAC, C-USA, AAC, or Mountain West team $1.5 million to play us in WMS?  Add that to the loss already incurred. Ouch! Sad!

Arkansas and Arkansas State could enter into a true neutral site game.  We pay them $0, they pay us $0. Only expense is our own.

If it means that much to Arkansas State they would take that offer in a heart beat.  Why? Exposure.

DIAMOND BOWL BABY
I'm not assuming the Hogs will be forced to play in WMS and I'm hoping politicians will not do enough grandstanding to force them.

Let me know how that UCA/UAPB game goes. I'll be nice and pretend to give a crap.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Torqued pork on November 24, 2017, 09:56:37 am
I'm not assuming the Hogs will be forced to play in WMS and I'm hoping politicians will not do enough grandstanding to force them.

Let me know how that UCA/UAPB game goes. I'll be nice and pretend to give a crap.
We will be forced so let's make the best of it!

One love, man, one love.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2017, 08:34:39 am
He was giving the pro's and con's, the Governor didn't tell him to stop the presentation because it was one to stop the games. That might have been Long's position, but it was just a presentation of the numbers.

Whose numbers? 

Numbers can be and are manipulated and presented every day in all sorts of places from boardrooms to courtrooms for persuasive purposes.  Long's purpose was to kill any games in Little Rock after 2018.  Neither his numbers nor his assertions included in the PowerPoint have been tested by any independent or adverse inquiry.  Maybe he presented it in private sessions to avoid scrutiny.

You are not in favor of games in Little Rock because you prefer premium seating in Fayetteville.  That colors your thinking on this subject.

The problem Arkansas now has on its hands is that the NEZ project is going to force it to make decisions that may not be in the best interst of the university and football program.  The overriding immediate concern is selling and paying for the new premium seating.  Games in Little Rock, especially marquee games, compromise the ability to sell that real estate.  That is without regard to the difference in revenue between RRS and WMS games.  Meanwhile, the young demo in central Arkansas and south continues to erode as people lose a sense of ownership.  That loss will continue to damage in-state recruiting, which will damage the quality of the team.  Fewer wins and eroding loyalty will in-turn lower the number of butts actually in the cheap seats.  But the premium seats will all be sold in advance, so now big deal.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hog911

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 24, 2017, 09:05:25 am
A-State will never join a Power-5 conference.

If UCA moves to the Sun Belt or Conference USA, who cares?

They run solid programs for their levels.  Not sure you can dispute that.

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!
UofA playing A State would only hurt UofA in recruiting and split the already hurting fan base! No thanks, sell that crap somewhere else! Diamond Bowl - UCA vs Ark St!!!! That's the diamond bowl, never the hogs!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogtimes on November 23, 2017, 02:49:49 pm
Maybe so, but they would be crazy to pass up playing this game in Little Rock

Sure IF the opponent were the Hogs. IF not they will not play there. No good reason to just like the hogs have no good reason too anymore. I actually went to a game when they played in WMS many years ago when they came into the game as the number 1 team in their division at the time. Granted it wasn't the NCAA D1 level but they were number 1 and still didn't draw well at all. They also got beat.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: hog911 on November 24, 2017, 10:37:29 am
  UofA playing A State would only hurt UofA in recruiting and split the already hurting fan base! No thanks, sell that crap somewhere else! Diamond Bowl - UCA vs Ark St!!!! That's the diamond bowl, never the hogs!
University of Arkansas > Arkansas State

SEC > Sun Belt

Fayetteville > Jonesboro

Would not hurt in recruiting. Period.

DIAMOND BOWL BABY
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 24, 2017, 10:30:14 am
Whose numbers? 

Numbers can be and are manipulated and presented every day in all sorts of places from boardrooms to courtrooms for persuasive purposes.  Long's purpose was to kill any games in Little Rock after 2018.  Neither his numbers nor his assertions included in the PowerPoint have been tested by any independent or adverse inquiry.  Maybe he presented it in private sessions to avoid scrutiny.

You are not in favor of games in Little Rock because you prefer premium seating in Fayetteville.  That colors your thinking on this subject.

The problem Arkansas now has on its hands is that the NEZ project is going to force it to make decisions that may not be in the best interst of the university and football program.  The overriding immediate concern is selling and paying for the new premium seating.  Games in Little Rock, especially marquee games, compromise the ability to sell that real estate.  That is without regard to the difference in revenue between RRS and WMS games.  Meanwhile, the young demo in central Arkansas and south continues to erode as people lose a sense of ownership.  That loss will continue to damage in-state recruiting, which will damage the quality of the team.  Fewer wins and eroding loyalty will in-turn lower the number of butts actually in the cheap seats.  But the premium seats will all be sold in advance, so now big deal.
More people bought tickets for RRS from SE Ark, then they did for WMS, lol. It's funny that you want to say the people put up numbers for their side, when all you've done for the past 5 years is give us numbers on why they should play in WMS. The BOT knew the numbers on the NEZ before they signed off,  they have no room escaping responsibility.

IronHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2017, 10:44:14 am
More people bought tickets for RRS from SE Ark, then they did for WMS, lol. It's funny that you want to say the people put up numbers for their side, when all you've done for the past 5 years is give us numbers on why they should play in WMS. The BOT knew the numbers on the NEZ before they signed off,  they have no room escaping responsibility.

Gonna laugh if that end zone is the catalyst for an A state game....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 24, 2017, 10:30:14 am
Whose numbers? 

Sure numbers can be manipulated BUT that is better than making a decision based on raw emotions. The sense of ownership losing is because of the football team losing. Besides most teams across the country have had dwindling viewership and attendance from the younger demo. Trying to offset that by not adding a lot of "cheap" seats is not an illogical thought. The only question then becomes will the new amount of premium seating generate enough revenue to pay for all of the NEZ.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: hog911 on November 24, 2017, 10:37:29 am
In state recruiting isnt a birthright.  You should have to earn it.  How many SEC caliber players have we lost to ASU?  ASU is no different than any other sunbelt team.  We win the overwhelming majority and once in a blue moon we drop one. 

WoooPigBrewie

Am I the only one troubled by the fact the BOT approved a $160+ million expansion renovation and also is steering roughly $30 million to buyout an AD, a coach, the coaching staff, pay another coach buyout just to get him, pay that new coach, his staff and a new AD?

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: IronHog on November 24, 2017, 10:51:46 am

Gonna laugh if that end zone is the catalyst for an A state game....

No matter whether it's good or bad anytime anything about the Razorbacks or Hogs is mentioned you laugh............It's what you do and why you are a troll.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 24, 2017, 10:55:37 am
In state recruiting isnt a birthright.  You should have to earn it.  How many SEC caliber players have we lost to ASU?  ASU is no different than any other sunbelt team.  We win the overwhelming majority and once in a blue moon we drop one.
Nailed it!

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

IronHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 24, 2017, 10:57:30 am
No mAtter whether it's good or bad anytime anything about the Razorbacks or Hogs is mentioned you laugh............It's what you do and why you are a troll.

You better be able to laugh at the Razorbacks or it's gonna be a sad existence

They're freaking scared of a sunbelt team. Little ole Arkansaw comes straight from the Hill.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: IronHog on November 24, 2017, 10:59:52 am

You better be able to laugh at the Razorbacks or it's gonna be a sad existence

They're freaking scared of a sunbelt team. Little ole Arkansaw comes straight from the Hill.

Wen one seriously laughs at something or someone they care about then they don't really care. I care. You don't. But keep trolling it's what you do best.

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2017, 10:44:14 am

The only numbers I've ever presented here are related to endowments at Arkansas, ASU, Mississippi State and Ole Miss.  I'm not going to repeat the reasons here why those numbers are a lesson for Arkansas alumni and fans, but my guess is those lessons are not lost on the BOT.

You focus on a 1% difference in season ticket holders for SEA.  Cling to that as a victory if it gives you comfort, even though that 5 year average was composed primarily of FCS and Sunbelt caliber opponents.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

IronHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 24, 2017, 11:01:35 am
Wen one seriously laughs at something or someone they care about then they don't really care. I care. You don't. But keep trolling it's what you do best.

I'd care a lot more if they'd actually try at football instead of making excuses about everything under the sun.....

Dmacattack

I live in Little Rock and hoped they'd move all the games to Fayetteville. Our players don't owe Little Rock a thing. They certainly don't come to play for the Hogs bc they can play at War Memorial. As fans, shouldn't we want what's best for the program? We need to quit thinking about what the program "owes" us. Just because things were a certain way 20+ years ago doesn't mean they should stay the same. Alabama used to play a home game away from campus. I'm pretty sure their boosters have sustained their success. Why do we have to act any different?

Inhogswetrust

November 24, 2017, 11:28:46 am #138 Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 11:52:35 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 24, 2017, 10:56:39 am
Am I the only one troubled by the fact the BOT approved a $160+ million expansion renovation and also is steering roughly $30 million to buyout an AD, a coach, the coaching staff, pay another coach buyout just to get him, pay that new coach, his staff and a new AD?

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

The BOT doesn't pay a huge majority of any coaches or AD's buyout. That is done by the RF and donors.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 24, 2017, 11:28:46 am
There BOT doesn't pay a huge majority of any coaches or AD's buyout. That is done by the RF and donors.
Isn't it all technically money that would have been used for athletics??

One in the same...

The State owns the facilities, so technically, those donations for seats, belong to the State...

DIAMOND BOWL BABY
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Hogwild

I live in a state where all of the in state schools play one another in all sports. I've never understood why Arkansas doesn't, but it would have to be favorable to UA.

What would be wrong with this scenario-

1) Stop playing A&M in Jerry's World, do a straight home and away.
2) Play Mizzou in Little Rock, after agreeable up grades to WMS.
3) In years that Mizzou is a road game, play Arkansas State in Little Rock. When Mizzou is a home game, play Arkansas State in RRS.

ur

Play Astate every year swapping between wms and rrs. On off years play mem, la tech, or la Monroe. All the away teams get the normal $1-1.5 mill fee with no home return game. WMS is not sec worthy. Honestly though, if a team can't sell out a 55k stadium with its own fans, do we need to be playing there?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 24, 2017, 11:35:55 am
Isn't it all technically money that would have been used for athletics??

One in the same...

The State owns the facilities, so technically, those donations for seats, belong to the State...

DIAMOND BOWL BABY

Some people donate and don't have seats but a lot do. That being said the tie for seats to the donations only IF you want seats relative to your donation level. The athletic department doesn't own donations not given to them. They only "own" an agreement to provide seats for a certain level of donation to those that want those seats.

ricepig

Quote from: ur on November 24, 2017, 11:47:51 am
Play Astate every year swapping between wms and rrs. On off years play mem, la tech, or la Monroe. All the away teams get the normal $1-1.5 mill fee with no home return game. WMS is not sec worthy. Honestly though, if a team can't sell out a 55k stadium with its own fans, do we need to be playing there?

Nope, we don't.

HawgWyld

Quote from: buldozer on November 24, 2017, 08:53:18 am

If the UA ever finds itself competing with a Sun Belt school for recruits, then the Hogs have some fundamental problems. The "playing ASU could hurt in-state recruiting" argument is nonsense.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 24, 2017, 11:49:41 am
Some people donate and don't have seats but a lot do. That being said the tie for seats to the donations only IF you want seats relative to your donation level. The athletic department doesn't own donations not given to them. They only "own" an agreement to provide seats for a certain level of donation to those that want those seats.
I just think it's an interesting argument...

That's said...

DIAMOND BOWL BABY!
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!