April 26, 2024, 12:06:24 am

Fyi

Started by island hog, November 22, 2017, 08:25:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawaiianhogster

Lame Kiffin no like him at all as a head coach. OC yes

Kevin

Would sumlin bring John chavis with him. I would love that
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

apcapri

I would take Sumlin over Gus because I think his offense translates better to the talent we could recruit.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on November 23, 2017, 03:14:55 am
You know what Frost, Norvell, and Campbell have in common? They havent proven they can do less with more like Kiffin,Sumlin, and Gus have. I'd take an up and comer we could catch lightening with over a retread any day. Unless it was the perfect retread like Petrino after the falcons or Nicky  after the dolphins.

Actually that isn't the case. Sumlin, Kiffin and Gus all have had similar success at less talented Schools. FAU, Ark St and Houston.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: TX HOG on November 22, 2017, 08:36:17 pm
I'd take that deal. Gus and Sumin's records over last 5/6 years with the recruits they'd get here probably  correlate  to 6/7 wins a year. I'm sure Kiffin could do at least that and probably better

You keep spreading the lie that we cannot recruit. True, there are not as many low hanging apples in the branches, but if the farmer works his ass off he can get just as many in the truck. It can be done. and It either will be done or we won't ever be more than we are and people owe Nutt an apology, Petrino an Ef Yew for proving you can win here and CBB a Bloody Mary for showing that nice buys finish last.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

TX HOG

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on November 23, 2017, 08:34:34 am
You keep spreading the lie that we cannot recruit. True, there are not as many low hanging apples in the branches, but if the farmer works his ass off he can get just as many in the truck. It can be done. and It either will be done or we won't ever be more than we are and people owe Nutt an apology, Petrino an Ef Yew for proving you can win here and CBB a Bloody Mary for showing that nice buys finish last.

Lol. I'm not saying we can't recruit. I'm just saying I don't see us finishing top 10 every year. No lies. When did I say "we can not recruit"? Who's telling a lie 🙄

But good talk 👀

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 22, 2017, 10:29:58 pm
Sumlin- I worry about his lack of control of his teams. Lots of discipline problems at aTm.
Gus- Lots of drama always. Don't like his past history of recruiting (even in high school)
Kiffin- has done nothing major. A mannequin could win as OC at Alabama
Leach- Scares the crap out of me- never know what he is going to do.
Norvell- really has not done anything to be an SEC head coach. Not saying he couldn't just saying he hasn't

I will support whomever the AD hires as long as they are running a clean program.
Re: Sumlin's teams having a lack of discipline, don't forget about him. There are pics of him falling down wasted in public and rumors of crazy stuff like whipping out his junk in front of recruits. Dude is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

TX HOG

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on November 23, 2017, 08:34:34 am

Also, just last night I mentioned how fantastic of a job Petrino did for a few years here. Keep trying if you want...

Potosihog

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on November 23, 2017, 08:38:20 am
Re: Sumlin's teams having a lack of discipline, don't forget about him. There are pics of him falling down wasted in public and rumors of crazy stuff like whipping out his junk in front of recruits. Dude is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

We don't need to hire a drunk.

oldman1015

Quote from: code red on November 22, 2017, 09:27:19 pm
Folks on here don't want Sumlin?  Really?  All I have heard is we can't recruit Texas?  Well.  Here you go the dude has beat Bama?  Shut the freak up I'd take him in a New York minute.
He won 53% with some of the best Texas recruits. Cmon man.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Mike_e

I don't want Gus.  The fanbase is divided enough as it is.  And NO, winning enough won't change that.  Sure, a year or two would be fine but after we've gotten that the us against them or the we were here first and you can't play would melt down the whole sports minded state.

I would like Norvell because his tactics will work in the SEC and would fit the players we have access to.  He is also a young enough gun to close the deal on recruits and old enough to know what he won't put up with.

Kiffin.  Hmmm, might be an amazing hire or it might be Nightmare On Mainstreet.  I'd like to think that he is smart enough to have learned from his past misfires and have gotten what Sabin had to offer experience wise.

If Kiffin passed muster with the interview process (assuming those who did it were actually any good) I think that he would be my second choice.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

TX HOG

Kiffin knows his next stop has to be good. He's too smart to mess it up

Maybe..

GuvHog

Quote from: Mike_e on November 23, 2017, 09:42:30 am
I don't want Gus.  The fanbase is divided enough as it is.  And NO, winning enough won't change that.  Sure, a year or two would be fine but after we've gotten that the us against them or the we were here first and you can't play would melt down the whole sports minded state.

I would like Norvell because his tactics will work in the SEC and would fit the players we have access to.  He is also a young enough gun to close the deal on recruits and old enough to know what he won't put up with.

Kiffin.  Hmmm, might be an amazing hire or it might be Nightmare On Mainstreet.  I'd like to think that he is smart enough to have learned from his past misfires and have gotten what Sabin had to offer experience wise.

If Kiffin passed muster with the interview process (assuming those who did it were actually any good) I think that he would be my second choice.

When is the last time the PTB at the U of A had enough common horse sense to hire a football head coach that recruits his butt off though????
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

okrazorback

Quote from: TX HOG on November 23, 2017, 09:49:18 am
Kiffin knows his next stop has to be good. He's too smart to mess it up

Maybe..

You have to do what you know how to do and he knows how to do that. I think Gus will be our best bet.

jackflash

Lets give it a break for today its Thanksgiving we can wait another day or so

TX HOG

Quote from: okrazorback on November 23, 2017, 10:01:16 am
You have to do what you know how to do and he knows how to do that. I think Gus will be our best bet.

BB was a safe bet. I'm ready to roll the dice. Gamble. Have some fun and play. Game on...!!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: jackflash on November 23, 2017, 10:01:26 am
Lets give it a break for today its Thanksgiving we can wait another day or so

...yet here we all are, including you!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Horse racer

I think my want is intensity. I want to see fire and emotion during the game. I want our head coach to get in somebody's a$$ when it's needed.

kingshogs22

Brent Venables should be number 1 on our list. He will move the needled throughout the SEC. Norvell is what the national media thinks we deserve an unproven coach with Arkansas Ties. We can do better Fayetteville is a great town and the overall health of the Athletic Department is in the top 5 of the conference. SEC championship game in Baseball, Basketball, Soccer and of course our normal success in track. Stop letting the media convince little Arkansas what they can and cant have and go after Venables. He will change the narrative at Arkansas. Hard nose attacking defense and let the OC run the offense. He has learned this from OU and Clemson and will bring the same system here.

hog1984

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 22, 2017, 10:29:58 pm
Sumlin- I worry about his lack of control of his teams. Lots of discipline problems at aTm.
Gus- Lots of drama always. Don't like his past history of recruiting (even in high school)
Kiffin- has done nothing major. A mannequin could win as OC at Alabama
Leach- Scares the crap out of me- never know what he is going to do.
Norvell- really has not done anything to be an SEC head coach. Not saying he couldn't just saying he hasn't

I will support whomever the AD hires as long as they are running a clean program.
Sounds like that commercial that runs on Rush's show about diversity...