Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petrino Lovers

Started by soooieman, September 18, 2017, 11:28:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

soooieman

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 19, 2017, 12:12:44 am
You will never convince me the 2010 and 2011 season were sucky or that the sec was an awful conference then. Maybe you will convince some of that...but not me.

Your logic that if a team/coach beats teams that they are better than...isn't any sort of accomplishment, is a joke. You are basically saying the Ohio States, Clemsons, and Alabamas of football aren't any good because they just beat up on weaker teams and are just lucky to get high end recruits.
Be sure to ignore the competition. Did you throw a party after the Florida A&M win? That would have been a tough game in 2010-2011 if we could squeeze them into that gauntlet of 2-6 1-7 sec teams

jkstock04

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 12:13:49 am
Look....I know Bobby isn't coming back here. But here is where a whole lot of people bring Bobby up. Put your stats on the back burner for a minute. What Bobby showed a whole lot of people was that Arkansas could have nice things. Then the taxman came and our nice things were gone. 10-3, 11-2 were nice. Sure, we couldn't brag to our Bama and LSU brethren but we could dang sure clown everybody else....These guys just reference Bobby with having nice things. It isn't Bobby, it is the nice things. We were proud of those nice things...even going back to Hooten Nutt...every once in a while, he made us think we could have nice things. That is where alot of them are at.

PRJ
These guys don't get that it was about the winning. Being in the top 10 on a regular basis, playing in big marquee games, being respected nationally for having a good football team. The coach is just the #1 tool in the toolbox. I couldn't care less who the coach is and how he coaches if he gets results.

These guys worship these coaches (only while they are here of course) as Gods bigger than the football program. Way up on the pedestal. I've never viewed coaches in that manner. They are here for the $$$ and the fame of winning...that's it. They don't deserve to be treated bigger than the program.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: ZERO on September 19, 2017, 12:15:06 am
Fifth year senior at QB. Second year 4* RB in Whaley, who we know is good. We have another 4* grad transfer at RB who seems to be working out fine. Cornelius is a solid and experienced WR. He's the only one, but at least we have one. And the TEs are mostly fresh, but it seems to be the one thing we never struggle with under Bielema. The o-line's problems run a little deeper than young, that's what's irritating a lot of people.
Well, if the OL issues don't get worked out it doesn't matter who we have at RB..but again a transfer RB and one wide receiver returning isn't a lot. IMO as uneducated as it is..we need to pick 2-3 receivers and spend all of their time working with AA. To much throwing guys out there hoping someone will make a play. Just stick with a small set of guys plus the tight ends and go with it. I think we get it figured out before half the season is over and roll at the end.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

soooieman

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 12:13:49 am
Look....I know Bobby isn't coming back here. But here is where a whole lot of people bring Bobby up. Put your stats on the back burner for a minute. What Bobby showed a whole lot of people was that Arkansas could have nice things. Then the taxman came and our nice things were gone. 10-3, 11-2 were nice. Sure, we couldn't brag to our Bama and LSU brethren but we could dang sure clown everybody else....These guys just reference Bobby with having nice things. It isn't Bobby, it is the nice things. We were proud of those nice things...even going back to Hooten Nutt...every once in a while, he made us think we could have nice things. That is where alot of them are at.

PRJ
I agree 100%... but I promise you CBB would have won just as many. Why not? Better resume with a history of playing D at Wisky. You or I would have won 20 with our roster vs that dumpster fire in league

jkstock04

Quote from: soooieman on September 19, 2017, 12:20:45 am
Be sure to ignore the competition. Did you throw a party after the Florida A&M win? That would have been a tough game in 2010-2011 if we could squeeze them into that gauntlet of 2-6 1-7 sec teams
I gotcha boss...the SEC in 2010 and 2011 were beyond awful. Never mind our SOS in 2010 was #3 and in 2011 was #8. Easy schedules....you keep going man you are really bringing it tonight.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

soooieman

Hell, make them #1 both years.  I'm looking at who actually had winning records. Not what a computer in a basement says. I go by you know, games won

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 19, 2017, 12:21:10 am
These guys don't get that it was about the winning. Being in the top 10 on a regular basis, playing in big marquee games, being respected nationally for having a good football team. The coach is just the #1 tool in the toolbox. I couldn't care less who the coach is and how he coaches if he gets results.

These guys worship these coaches (only while they are here of course) as Gods bigger than the football program. Way up on the pedestal. I've never viewed coaches in that manner. They are here for the $$$ and the fame of winning...that's it. They don't deserve to be treated bigger than the program.

For reasons beyond my comprehension, I have a feeling Bret will be the one they worship after he is gone but I digress....

Bobby was just the new job that while it didn't make us filthy rich, it made us at least live comfortably through the weekend. Hell, who cared if we were broke on Monday becasude we knew another big payday was coming next week. We cared about our job. We loved our job. Sure, we didn't have the 80 inch flat screen, but we did get a 60 inch...it was all about nice things....and as a fan you want nice things. It was fun to talk to your Bama friends and them to actually talk and say they were worried about Arkansas this year...now they just giggle.

Today, we are constantly broke. No jingle in our pocket and even when we do have a bit of coin, somebody from Toledo or Lubbock or Columbia, Blacksburg or Ft. Worth take it from us....

But we remember the nice things....

PRJ

jkstock04

Quote from: soooieman on September 19, 2017, 12:28:09 am
Hell, make them #1 both years.  I'm looking at who actually had winning records. Not what a computer in a basement says. I go by you know, games won
Whats interesting with this line of thinking is that the more said team beats other teams their record gets worse. Essentially when we beat a down Ole Miss or Tennessee it contributed to them having a losing record.

Here's a good question, over the last 10 years what % of SEC teams have winning conference records? 5-3 or better? That's prob something Benny could answer quickly.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: soooieman on September 19, 2017, 12:24:33 am
I agree 100%... but I promise you CBB would have won just as many. Why not? Better resume with a history of playing D at Wisky. You or I would have won 20 with our roster vs that dumpster fire in league

Bret wouldn't have won 20 those years. The conference is actually pretty down this year. We will see where he is in November...

PRJ

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 12:34:47 am
Bret wouldn't have won 20 those years. The conference is actually pretty down this year. We will see where he is in November...

PRJ
Well, seeing we haven't played one conference game this year, why don't we wait to see what our record is at the end of the year? I'm sure though you have it already figured out and we won't win any of those games.
You're like the guy at the craps table always betting on the don't pass line.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 19, 2017, 12:37:59 am
Week, seeing we haven't played one conference game this year, why don't we wait to see what our record is at the end of the year? I'm sure though you have it already figured out and we won't win any of those games.

Dude...I know you are a Hog fan...I won't dare question your fandom...but it comes down to the way we play. We don't look good. We just dont...and haven't since last year against Florida really...I would love to be absolutely wrong about this and you to tell me in Dec, I told you so...but miracles are going to have to be preformed....

PRJ

soooieman

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 12:31:49 am
For reasons beyond my comprehension, I have a feeling Bret will be the one they worship after he is gone but I digress....

Bobby was just the new job that while it didn't make us filthy rich, it made us at least live comfortably through the weekend. Hell, who cared if we were broke on Monday becasude we knew another big payday was coming next week. We cared about our job. We loved our job. Sure, we didn't have the 80 inch flat screen, but we did get a 60 inch...it was all about nice things....and as a fan you want nice things. It was fun to talk to your Bama friends and them to actually talk and say they were worried about Arkansas this year...now they just giggle.

Today, we are constantly broke. No jingle in our pocket and even when we do have a bit of coin, somebody from Toledo or Lubbock or Columbia, Blacksburg or Ft. Worth take it from us....

PRJ
I do love a good analogy. I agree with 90% of it. I go to most road games and I was there in 2011. Trust me they were already talking about the tailgate menu for next week more than the Arkansas game. I remember the postgame that day listening to the Alabama postgame after they blasted us and shut our offense down. They interviewed a line backer that said

"we knew they always run that under route as safety and knew that with their offense the WR's could not get down field.. coach Saban told us to just wait for the shallow safety crossing route and punish them." They did. Our WR's were pounded all day. It hit me then. The only way to beat Bama is do what we did in 2014 or something similar. Under BB we've played Bama closer than we traditionally have. Other than last year the 3 previous were 4th qtr games.
I do love the analogy tho. Well done. lol

Gonzo

I'm not which is stronger, the brainwashing or the drunkenness. Maybe the timing is a clue, who knows.

Go Hogs!

mckinneyhog5

September 19, 2017, 12:44:17 am #63 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 07:45:35 am by mckinneyhog5
Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 12:41:41 am
Dude...I know you are a Hog fan...I won't dare question your fandom...but it comes down to the way we play. We don't look good. We just dont...and haven't since last year against Florida really...I would love to be absolutely wrong about this and you to tell me in Dec, I told you so...but miracles are going to have to be preformed....

PRJ
You're right I am and I'll be there Saturday rooting for them. Just remember things are never as good, or as bad, for the hogs as people make them out to be. I believe This team will improve. I also promise you that if we don't improve and win less then 6 games BB needs to go but I'm gonna wait and see how it plays out first.

soooieman

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 12:41:41 am

PRJ
Remember not looking good at SMU then beating Alabama at Bama?

GoHogs1091

Robert is 0-4 against Saban

Robert is 0-4 against Venables (Robert had a Heisman QB for 2 of those games, and he still lost)

Robert only had 1 big win here when he was our Head Coach, and that was in 2010 against LSU.  The next year, Chavis played one of his Safeties real deep, and Chavis schooled Robert.

Robert really should go back to the NAIA level.  His Carroll College offense is all smoke and mirrors.  He was a NFL failure, and even Louisville fans now feel that he is not like he was back when he first coached at Louisville.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: soooieman on September 19, 2017, 12:44:28 am
Remember not looking good at SMU then beating Alabama at Bama?

It's the mind numbing pattern brotha....

PRJ

soooieman

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 19, 2017, 12:47:33 am

Robert is 0-4 against Venables (Robert had a Heisman QB for 2 of those games, and he still lost)

Robert only had 1 big win here when he was our Head Coach, and that was in 2010 against LSU.  The next year, Chavis played one of his Safeties real deep, and Chavis schooled Robert.

Robert really should go back to the NAIA level.  His Carroll College offense is all smoke and mirrors.  He was a NFL failure, and even Louisville fans now feel that he is not like he was back when he first coached at Louisville.
I love this guy!!!! My new favorite Hogville brother. Nice.

soooieman

We all want the best just have a different opinion on how to get there. If BB bounced I would get Hudspeth. He's a legend in Mississippi and turns programs around. Currently at L Laf. When I lived in Tennessee both schools wanted him. Old school Mississippi boy who plays physical and rules with an iron fist. Look him up sometime. He just wins everywhere he goes.

jkstock04

I actually take you semi seriously even though you have an obvious agenda against our 2008-2011 campaigns. I have a question for you...other than obvious elite coaches at elite schools that you describe...who is there out there that isn't a "failure?"

I'm starting to get the feeling that for some of you guys...anything short of Saban (or whoever is our present head coach) is a failure or "lucky."
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Qadi999

Where to start, call it lucky, call it the crappy competition, call it whatever makes you happy, All I know about BP is he keeps his teams in the top 25 and in the national conversation. I think PRJ is right the whole point of your post was to deflect from whats happing with the current coach. Arkansas should not be focusing on beating Bama or Ohio or any other top school, they should only be concerned with getting in and staying in the top 25. That is something they can and should do.

Hoggish1

You are correct.

Petrino had a lucky streak where he beat a grass eater about half the time and that was it.  The SEC was way down then had no resemblance to what it is now.

The same thing is happening to him at Louisville for the 2nd go around.  Getting whacked by the better teams in his league. 

Porkchop#1

Quote from: soooieman on September 19, 2017, 12:20:45 am
I'll simplify the difference between CBP & CBB for you, since you're just not getting it.  Those 2-6 & 1-7 teams CBP played, were 3-5 & 2-6 teams when CBB played them.

VBCHog

ChitownHawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 12:31:49 am

PRJ

Come on PRJ some us were living through this too.  There was plenty of threads complaining about the D or a lack of a running game. Hogville wasn't heaven during CBP anymore than it is now.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

hogfanincajunland

You are so right. I mean, the man had ONE losing season in 12 seasons and only 4 seasons with less than 9 wins. The one losing season was his first year at UofA but, unlike the current coach who we dare not name per your OP, his team showed improvement each year thereafter. I've never considered him an "elite" head coach but, compared to what our current coach has shown so far, he kind of was. We will never know just how far he could have taken us or if those two years were flukes. It is what it is. But anyone who is happy with the current direction of the team is high, stupid, or suffering from little ol' Arky syndrome.

QuoteAlso, he fell into a natural lucky recruiting situation.

That's an oxymoron.

IronHog

🙄

Real Bobby would take the current Hog team and have them in top 10 within two years.

Nice Bobby is a shell of mad Bobby.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 19, 2017, 04:42:59 am
You are correct.

Petrino had a lucky streak where he beat a grass eater about half the time and that was it.  The SEC was way down then had no resemblance to what it is now.

The same thing is happening to him at Louisville for the 2nd go around.  Getting whacked by the better teams in his league. 

The SEC peaked in 2010-2011 and is currently way down.

jkstock04

Quote from: hogfanincajunland on September 19, 2017, 07:37:09 am
You are so right. I mean, the man had ONE losing season in 12 seasons and only 4 seasons with less than 9 wins. The one losing season was his first year at UofA but, unlike the current coach who we dare not name per your OP, his team showed improvement each year thereafter. I've never considered him an "elite" head coach but, compared to what our current coach has shown so far, he kind of was. We will never know just how far he could have taken us or if those two years were flukes. It is what it is. But anyone who is happy with the current direction of the team is high, stupid, or suffering from little ol' Arky syndrome.

That's an oxymoron.
He's just a lucky coach. According to the OP, anyone on Hogville could've accomplished what he did in 2010 and 2011. Extremely weak SEC, extremely weak schedule. 100% luck to land the players that he did...anyone could've done that too.

These are seriously things the pro-Bielema people believe. Since Louisville got smoked by Clemson last weekend this is a good time for them to chest thump.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Redhogs

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 18, 2017, 11:47:34 pm
You do know we weren't supposed to beat TCU this year?
Well..BB didn't disappoint then did he?
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

RazorbackAlways

CBP was the best coach weve had in the modern era. He was an elite coach. Unfortunately, his transgressions cost him and us.

Been10Hog

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on September 18, 2017, 11:46:55 pm
It's true that 2011 was a few plays away from a 7-5 regular season, but that's true for pretty much every team every year. Football is a game of inches and most teams have close games every year that could have gone the other way. I mean if you apply the same logic to the team last year, they were a few plays away from being 4-8, and the 2015 team was a few plays away from being 5-7 in the regular season. On the flipside, the 2014 team was a few plays away from being 10-2 in the regular season.

What I do remember about the A&M, Vanderbilt, and Ole Miss games in 2011 was that team just absolutely refused to lose those games. Compare that to what we have now where 2nd half meltdowns seem to be standard fare.
Ole Miss was 0-8 in conference in 2011. It's easy to refuse to lose when you have better talent than the other team. Remember, A&M fired Sherman after that season and Vandy is Vandy

Redhogs

Quote from: soooieman on September 18, 2017, 11:28:58 pm
I told myself I'd never speak his name again, but after seeing his name pop up in countless posts as "Arkansas can compete for a championship in the SEC with BP" replies and people thinking it was coaching that got us there in 2010-2011 during those "magical" years.
Before I start, let's see how well Hogville can comprehend. DO NOT REPLY WITH BUT BUT BUT CBB this CBB that. Stay on topic and leave Bielema out of this thread. This post is simply to bring some reality to the 2 good years BP had. Go on another post to gripe and moan.

BP only beat 2 SEC teams with winning conference records over those 2 years. TWO! Remember Troy and the Vanderbilt games? Yeah, very similar to the Toledo game. Very lucky to win either of those games. Whenever he played a good team (Alabama) he got blasted just like he did Saturday night vs Clemson.
Also, he fell into a natural lucky recruiting situation. Chris Gragg, DJ Williams, Tyler Wilson, just to name a few were razorbacks no matter who was here. Put all the in state talent combined with an SEC that was really, really, down equals an overvalued 2 years and fools gold. He did beat LSU with Jordan Jefferson. Congrats to him for that feat. Not that we haven't done that in the past few years or anything (cough cough)
At Louisville last year he had the Heisman Trophy WINNER and still struggled with that team. Losses to Virginia and Kentucky combined with several close calls to teams like Duke. He is one of the most overrated coaches in the history of college football when you really dig into his record. Do not just look at W's and L's but who he beat. Point is stop acting like we had an elite coach ... truth is we never had one.
Another 6 inch post on why Arkansas should always settle for less....good job. Don't see why all the anger, you got your guy and he's under performing, you should feel awesome.  CBP has been gone 6 years and you still see the need to diminish anything he accomplished here, which was plenty by Ar. standards, so keep typing away on you keyboard about a coach that at this point has zero to do with the state of the program today, good or bad. Nice deflection though, for the windbreaker who currently roams the sidelines......

mckinneyhog5

BB winning percentage as a HC 68% 4-5 in bowl games. 1 losing season/1st year at Arkansas
BP winning percentage as a HC 72% 5-5 in bowl games. 1 losing season/1st year at Arkansas
Both are solid coaches at least by the numbers.

jkstock04

Quote from: Been10Hog on September 19, 2017, 07:51:55 am
Ole Miss was 0-8 in conference in 2011. It's easy to refuse to lose when you have better talent than the other team. Remember, A&M fired Sherman after that season and Vandy is Vandy
Once again...the correlation with you guys is plain as day. If the Hogs have a good team = weak SEC. if the Hogs have a bad team = strong SEC.

It's like you guys want to penalize or take away from talented Hog teams. "Well it doesn't count because they were so much better than their competitors." With this mindset, you must think Bama plays a weak schedule year in and year out.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

WilsonHog

"Petrino lovers" is the wrong term, the wrong label.

I think the correct label would be "Going 21-5 over two seasons lovers."

I suspect that if Bret did that, they would love him, too.

If not, they won't.

jkstock04

To the OP, when I get home tonight if I have time I'm going to compile SEC winning percentages over the last 10 years. That's YOUR measuring stick...I understand. I'm not certain but I think what I'm going to find is most of the time most teams in the SEC won't have winning conference records...I think a majority will be .500 or below.

IF that is the case...and going by YOUR standard...the SEC is a trash conference and always has been. Therefore any coach who has ever won here did so because of a weak schedule.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

IronHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 19, 2017, 08:07:50 am

If not, they won't.

5 games were:

Bama twice.

NC Auburn team with help from refs.

LSU after the death of a team member.

OSU in a tough fought Sugar Bowl

That's pretty freaking good for year 3-4 at Arkansas after the dumpster fire left when Mustain brought down the old BAC......

hoghearted

Quote from: RedRazorHog on September 18, 2017, 11:56:44 pm
Petrino is a sharp football mind.  I would remind people that he was still building the program when he was terminated.   His style was a polar opposite and due to the nature of a scoring offense it created a different type of pressure.   I don't like him but he is nonetheless a better football coach than Bielema.   Bielema is a better guy, but does not win games.  I would rather have someone else that either of them

This is an underappreciated post. Well done.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

hogfanincajunland

QuoteI'm not certain but I think what I'm going to find is most of the time most teams in the SEC won't have winning conference records...I think a majority will be .500 or below.

Exactly. Especially prior to the most recent expansion. There were only 12 teams playing an 8 game conference schedule. It stands to reason that there would be 3-5 teams with winning conference records, 3-5 with losing records, and a few right at the .500 mark most years.

PonderinHog

Quote from: IronHog on September 19, 2017, 08:16:38 am

5 games were:

Bama twice.

NC Auburn team with help from refs.

LSU after the death of a team member.

OSU in a tough fought Sugar Bowl

That's pretty freaking good for year 3-4 at Arkansas after the dumpster fire left when Mustain brought down the old BAC......
Yeah, all five of those losses were to teams that were ranked #1 at some point in the season that e played them.  EVERY ONE.  And we had our chances in all of them.  But Petrino sucks.

hoghearted

If not, they won't.

Succinct and correct
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

EastexHawg

Quote from: soooieman on September 18, 2017, 11:28:58 pm
BP only beat 2 SEC teams with winning conference records over those 2 years.

You know, it's funny how when one team wins a game the other team has to lose it.  Just off the top of my head, Auburn finished 8-5 and 4-4 in 2011.  Had Petrino's Hogs not beaten them like they stole something...38-14...they would have finished 9-4 and 5-3...another winning SEC record.

The same goes for Mississippi State in 2010.  They were something like 7-2 and ranked when Petrino's Razorbacks went into Starkville and beat them.  MSU finished that season 9-4 and 4-4.  Once again, if we had been a mediocre team and had taken our loss down there like good little boys they would have finished 10-3 and 5-3.  Look, there would have been another SEC team with a winning record within the conference.

Nothing happens in a vacuum.  Or...for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.  Take your pick.  When one team loses 28 SEC games in five years it increases the odds that the winners of those 28 will end up with  winning conference records.  That one game is 1/8 of the data set.

IronHog

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 19, 2017, 08:35:18 am
You know, it's funny how when one team wins a game the other team has to lose it.  Just off the top of my head, Auburn finished 8-5 and 4-4 in 2011.  Had Petrino's Hogs not beaten them like they stole something...38-14...they would have finished 9-4 and 5-3...another winning SEC record.

The same goes for Mississippi State in 2010.  They were something like 7-2 and ranked when Petrino's Razorbacks went into Starkville and beat them.  MSU finished that season 9-4 and 4-4.  Once again, if we had been a mediocre team and had taken our loss down there like good little boys they would have finished 10-3 and 5-3.  Look, there would have been another SEC team with a winning record within the conference.

Nothing happens in a vacuum.  Or...for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.  Take your pick.  When one team loses 28 SEC games in five years it increases the odds that the winners of those 28 will end up with  winning conference records.  That one game is 1/8 of the data set.

Exactly

Like TCU being "ranked".  Well beat that average team and they are no longer ranked.......

IronHog

Other SEC teams had bad records because Bama, LSU, and ARKANSAS were stepping on their necks.

BB has done more for Dan Mullens career than any other man alive.

Redhogs

If not, they won't.
And the winner is..Wilsonhog. Exactly right.

EastexHawg

The "only beat blah, blah, blah teams with winning SEC records" is a great made up stat, designed to make an illusionary point.  It conjures up images of beating a bunch of terrible teams and losing to even the breakeven squads.  In reality, in order to beat a team with a winning record within the SEC you have to knock off a team that would have finished 6-2 or better in conference if they had beaten you.  Beat that team and you knock them down from 6-2 to 5-3. 

What it ignores is that Arkansas has quite a bit to do with the final records of its opponents, especially in conference.

jkstock04

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 19, 2017, 08:35:18 am

Exactly....there is no logic behind what they are arguing. Of course...if you are a better or elite team the schedule is going to be "easier." On the flip side, the worse your team sucks the "harder" the schedule is going to be.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 18, 2017, 11:37:12 pm
How about this? Blah, blah, blah...Petrino sucks...can't coach...blah, blah, blah...I love Bret...you don't question when it is a reasonable expectation for Bret to improve because Petrino sucks...blah...blah...Bret...great...blah..blah...the end..

PRJ

Pure comedic gold.  When you don't know what to say but ya just gotta get something out there...LOL +1

Etowah

Pretty much agree with everything the OP said.  The SEC was a two team league in 2010 and 2011.  Arkansas was a very distant 3rd.  Not in the same league as the other two but better than the rest.

With that said, the SEC is now only a 1 team league.  This is BB's 5th year.  Has his own players.  There has never been a better time, with a weaker schedule, than now.

Let's see how it plays out.  TCU will be middle of the pack Big 12 team.  He failed the first test.