Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did the Concourse Shrink? It was awful!

Started by Porked Tongue, September 11, 2017, 09:48:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on September 19, 2017, 09:42:31 am
Well, when I tried to pay for 3 meals in the EIC, the CC machines were not working, the head Levy guy said forget paying, it's on us for not being able to do our part. I've been looking for an email from the university wanting their $30, haha.

We have SEZ outdoor club seats. Went to get couple of drinks for the wife and myself in the second quarter. Lines were much longer than they had been before. The head guy there didn't say anything to help the customers. He was told that the line I was in had run out of credit card receipt paper by the cashier. Waited and waited for him to come back with paper. Never saw him come back. Meanwhile the line next to mine was moving albeit slow so I jumped over to it. I was second in line where they had ran point of paper and was about fifth or sixth in line when I switched lines. I got my order filled before the lady at the counter that had been right in front of me got hers. She was still waiting on paper when I walked away with my order. My wife had even came out to see what was taking so long. The issue I had, with my experiences having opened restaurants in the past, is that Levi is such a large contract catering company that they should have worked out all the kinks before the game ever started. They should have brought in management and workers from other locations to help. Maybe they did but if so it was still chaos. I'm reasonable though. I expect to have some long lines immediately prior to the start of the game and during halftime. I do not expect EVERY cashier line to be 20 or more deep at every station throughout the whole game.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Athog

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 11, 2017, 09:48:58 pm
I've been going to games in Fayetteville for a long time and been around for lots of large crowds but I've never experienced a worse situation for fans than Saturday.  It was if the concourse had shrunk and the entire stadium was stacked up underneath the seating area.  Of course, we have had more people before but something was amiss this time.

1. Concessions seem to be the culprit and their lines created the congestion.
2. A new provider with some new offerings was advertised but the bottomline is it was harder to get a bite or a drink than I've ever seen it.  This was all around the East, West and South end concourse.
3. I'd compare it to a permanent halftime rush to the toilet.
4. Without a doubt, there were few release points for congestion.  Many vendors are gone and the main concessions could not handle the load.  The lines were all the way across the concourse and you had to play red rover red rover to break through line after line to get somewhere.
5. There was no popcorn at stands that advertised them, some of the stands ran out of water and no selling being done around the stadium.
6.  The Chick Fil-A had been converted into a poor man's Mini-Mart.  Lame doesn't describe the lack of selections

It was so poorly planned it created congestion like I've never seen.

Thinking about it afterwards, I think it has to do with less vendor around the concourse and the main concessions that were open had less counter workers and less lines. Instead of 6-8 lines to order with 6-7 people in a line, you'd see 3-4 lines of 12-14 people.

Yet they did have room for a car dealership and a auction of memorabilia clogging the passage ways.

This all occurring despite the game being in the middle of the afternoon when most people would have eaten a meal already.

If they'd spend more effort like keeping the basics, having more stands and enough people to work them it would help.

The good news is it left money in my pocket that I gladly spent outside the stadium.

I'm not usually a complainer on these kinds of things but when the wait is 45 min, they run out of water, combo meals don't have all the offerings and popcorn can't hardly be found then its a astronomical failure.

Don't get me started on the inside game continual infomercial of ads and repetitive pomp.

Yeah, the game sucked but I'm about used to that.  But this other?  Inexcusable.

The UA does a great job of presenting themselves and getting me to buy tickets.
The do a pretty good job of getting you to and from the stadium.

But they SUCK at in game and stadium logistics.

That was as bad as it gets!!

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 19, 2017, 07:04:10 pm
We have SEZ outdoor club seats. Went to get couple of drinks for the wife and myself in the second quarter. Lines were much longer than they had been before. The head guy there didn't say anything to help the customers. He was told that the line I was in had run out of credit card receipt paper by the cashier. Waited and waited for him to come back with paper. Never saw him come back. Meanwhile the line next to mine was moving albeit slow so I jumped over to it. I was second in line where they had ran point of paper and was about fifth or sixth in line when I switched lines. I got my order filled before the lady at the counter that had been right in front of me got hers. She was still waiting on paper when I walked away with my order. My wife had even came out to see what was taking so long. The issue I had, with my experiences having opened restaurants in the past, is that Levi is such a large contract catering company that they should have worked out all the kinks before the game ever started. They should have brought in management and workers from other locations to help. Maybe they did but if so it was still chaos. I'm reasonable though. I expect to have some long lines immediately prior to the start of the game and during halftime. I do not expect EVERY cashier line to be 20 or more deep at every station throughout the whole game.

Yeah, I went in to cool off at halftime, my youngest got in line to get something to drink, he returned right after TCU fumbled on our goal line.