Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What about Greg Jackson as our new Dbacks coach?

Started by lefty08, February 05, 2017, 03:08:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

lefty08

From Miami Florida, attended LSU, coached at both Tulane and LA-Monroe, and the Dallas Cowboys
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

ricepig

247 doesn't have much in the way of his recruiting, I'll pass.

HOGINTENNESSEE

lefty08

lefty08

Quote from: ricepig on February 05, 2017, 03:48:25 pm
247 doesn't have much in the way of his recruiting, I'll pass.

Yeah, bit hard to get the big dogs while recruiting for Monroe and Tulane, but I get it

ricepig

Quote from: lefty08 on February 05, 2017, 04:07:08 pm
Yeah, bit hard to get the big dogs while recruiting for Monroe and Tulane, but I get it

I was talking about at Michigan.

King Kong

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 05, 2017, 05:23:20 pm
Why is he the more likely? Is there a connection?

He helped the Stoops Bro's 3-4 transition. Of course CBB and the Stoops go way back. That's his connection.

I'm sure Jerry Montgomery recommended him. Of course the last NFL Asst that recommended a guy to us after turning us down was Brendan Daly and he recommended Rory Segrest

King Kong

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 05, 2017, 07:01:05 pm
I understand getting an NFL guy because obviously they have a high level of knowledge to get where they are, and that helps tremendously for switching to the 3-4. That seems to be what CBB's mentality is for this hire. However, I would prefer a guy that's familiar with all of the ins and outs of a college program and most importantly, is a GREAT recruiter.

If it was Montgomery plus Walker. No issues. Just Walker. We have to do better

Tick Hog

Quote from: King Kong on February 05, 2017, 07:40:33 pm
Just a question not a statement but can we do a lot better? I guess I should ask is there proof in the past that recruiting to Arkansas has been much better? I mean sure if we could consistently have coaches that could out recruit the blue bloods than I'm all for it. I'm just starting the think that maybe 20-30 ranked classes is just what we're going to get here despite where that puts us in the SEC.  If that's the case I would be more for hiring coaches that can coach up kids and get most out of them. Now with that said I have no clue about Walker

King Kong

There are examples of great recruiters translating Pittman, Washburn, Partridge and Coach Smith.

So yes it matters.

Pork Twain

I am not super hung up on recruiter rankings.  Anyone can get high ranking while recruiting to a top school but that does not mean they are a great recruiter and it can be very hard for a guy to pull players to a small to mid-level school and that does not mean they are a bad recruiter.  Some HCs and schools recruit themselves, so recruiter rankings need to be taken with a grain of salt
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 05, 2017, 07:01:05 pm
I understand getting an NFL guy because obviously they have a high level of knowledge to get where they are, and that helps tremendously for switching to the 3-4. That seems to be what CBB's mentality is for this hire. However, I would prefer a guy that's familiar with all of the ins and outs of a college program and most importantly, is a GREAT recruiter.
Chad Walker worked for Saban and won a title @ LSU.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: King Kong on February 05, 2017, 07:40:33 pm
What about Partridge and Walker?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

King Kong

King Kong

WooPig90

redleg

Rhoads will coach the DB's, and Partridge will not be on staff next year.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

lefty08

Quote from: WooPig90 on February 06, 2017, 10:22:43 pm
CPR is going to be the DB coach

He could very well slide down to outside backers coach if BB thinks his best hire is better in the secondary, but I like your self-assuredness

ricepig

Quote from: lefty08 on February 07, 2017, 11:20:01 am
He could very well slide down to outside backers coach if BB thinks his best hire is better in the secondary, but I like your self-assuredness

Well, since Bielema said last night that he was hiring a DL and LB coach, and that Rhoads would coach the DB's, I think he's safe.

lefty08

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2017, 11:34:28 am
Well, since Bielema said last night that he was hiring a DL and LB coach, and that Rhoads would coach the DB's, I think he's safe.

It also means he must know who he is going to hire

ricepig

Quote from: lefty08 on February 07, 2017, 12:33:04 pm
It also means he must know who he is going to hire
Then how come he hasn't told me?

lefty08

ricepig

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2017, 12:34:56 pm
Then how come he hasn't told me?

If you don't know, must mean he doesn't know yet either..

Spektre

Nope. Doesn't fit the bill. Someone has heard of him.

FANONTHEHILL

I'm happy with Coach Bielema's hires since he's been here, but predicting them is next to impossible.  I suggest begin by making a list of people none of us have ever heard of.  That's the way the hires seem to go.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015