Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Line Play

Started by Hog10S, October 09, 2017, 10:16:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on October 09, 2017, 03:35:32 pm
None taken.  Brian and Jalen are talented.  I expected to see them on the field this season.  Zach Rogers too for that matter.

We have similar expectations.  And the fact they aren't in or even seeing any time is mind boggling. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 09, 2017, 05:42:01 pm
Mike Markuson says Hi.

Reports were out that it was not on field related but never saw what that meant.

leroyhawg

Unproven RBs a QB that is slow on the read, change to Cole it will look like an offensive line is supposed to look, finally a QB that the players will get behind and play their asses off, would like to see it happen but AA is going nowhere fast BB has a man crush on the Allen's, love to see Cole leading this team!
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

HogGrad18

I'm afraid Bama's D-Line might intercept the snap!

Cinco de Hogo

We can talk about problems all day long and everyone will have an opinion, I'm certainly not shy about mine.  I think what we can all agree on is that the lack of development on the o-line is incomprehensible.  This talk about players not being smart enough or too big, too little, too slow is hogwash.  This is more than a bad coach, all these guys have been coaching a long time.  This is more like sabotage, but who, why?   It's incomprehensible.

Wild Boarnado

All very good points - thanks for the explanation - you've helped me see what the problem is - I simply cannot understand how the "professionals" cannot or will not see it. How can they not understand that you take the players you have and put them in the best position to be successful rather than trying to impose upon them something they are not. Total bullheaded incompetence. How long does it take someone to figure out that square pegs do not fit round holes.

I wish this thread would be read by our coaching staff - but judging from what we are seeing, it wouldn't do any good. Infuriating :-[.
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 10, 2017, 08:30:45 pm
Reports were out that it was not on field related but never saw what that meant.

Other reports said the offensive line went to Bret and basically told him Mike was a bad fit and they didn't like playing for him and his style. Bret sided with the players and fired him.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cmheinley

This has been a fantastic and very informative thread. Thanks Hog10, FANONTHEHILL, and others that have contributed!

Peter Porker

October 12, 2017, 01:20:29 pm #58 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:59:41 pm by Peter Porker
Interesting take by FANONTHEHILL because I've been saying that all along. We went away from smashing people when Enos was hired.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

RexMentor

Excellent thread that explains a lot. But here's the deal: If this is a tug of war thing between the head coach and the offensive coordinator, it should have been resolved either 1. Before the OC was hired or 2. After the OC's first season. That is hasn't been is on the head coach. CEO coaches are fine, but CEO's HAVE TO LEAD. If you won't or don't want to invest the time and energy -- find something else to do. At a salary of $4.2 million, laziness, lack of leadership, failure to pay attention and failure to resolve conflicts are firing offenses. Hell, they are firing offenses at any salary.