Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New staff member?

Started by hawgwatcher, December 10, 2017, 10:22:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgwatcher

I posted in coaching search thread last night but it was late. Anyone have additional info?

Quote from: hawgwatcher on December 09, 2017, 11:07:03 pm
What about this guy; any info on him?
https://twitter.com/coachj_hunt/status/939713510489116673

Jared Hunt joined the Mustang coaching staff in 2017 as the recruiting operations coordinator. Hunt came to SMU after serving as the defensive backs and special teams coordinator at Cedar Ridge High School in 2016
"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing"- Vince Lombardi

HawgwildinMI

Cedar Ridge in Newark, AR? Went to school the when we were the Kangaroos in the early 90s. Never heard the name personally but haven't lived there in 12 yrs. My dad would if it's the same Cedar Ridge HS in Newark. Woo pig!

Ghost Writer in the Sty

Quote from: HawgwildinMI on December 10, 2017, 10:41:33 am
Cedar Ridge in Newark, AR? Went to school the when we were the Kangaroos in the early 90s. Never heard the name personally but haven't lived there in 12 yrs. My dad would if it's the same Cedar Ridge HS in Newark. Woo pig!
[/qu

Most likely is Cedar Ridge Texas High School

Con el Cerdos

AandB

Quote from: HawgwildinMI on December 10, 2017, 10:41:33 am

Graduated 04 from ICC we played Cedar Ridge in basketball every year, can confirm school district changed before then. Don't know if it's this cedar or the Texas one though.

HawgwildinMI

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on December 10, 2017, 10:55:14 am
Probably Cedar Ridge HS, Round Rock, Tx, just north of Austin
Yeah I just done a Google search. Kind of figured it wasn't. Cedar Ridge HS in Arkansas  is small.

Hatleyville454

It's the Cedar Ridge in Round Rock, TX

HawgwildinMI

Quote from: AandB on December 10, 2017, 10:57:28 am
Graduated 04 from ICC we played Cedar Ridge in basketball every year, can confirm school district changed before then. Don't know if it's this cedar or the Texas one though.
Just talked to my dad about ICC last night. I don't know how most of you feel about consolidation, but I loved being a Kangaroo that represented my town.

Snout team

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

hawgXi

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: HawgwildinMI on December 10, 2017, 11:01:54 am
Just talked to my dad about ICC last night. I don't know how most of you feel about consolidation, but I loved being a Kangaroo that represented my town.

I live in Pleasant Plains.  My brother used to live in Newark.  Neither of us from those places, but both of us moved there.  Love this area.
Retired Radio Host

Tim Harris

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 10, 2017, 03:30:01 pm
What about this one?

https://twitter.com/coachrandyross/status/939926709276758016

Does this mean Bobby Allen is gone?

Quote from: hawgXi on December 10, 2017, 04:21:04 pm
Great resume. Huge improvement.

Different job than Allen. This is the job Mark Taurisani had.

Lanlord

So where does Jared Hunt fit it?

Tim Harris

Part of the recruiting staff

pioneerhog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 10, 2017, 04:27:50 pm
I live in Pleasant Plains.  My brother used to live in Newark.  Neither of us from those places, but both of us moved there.  Love this area.
It is a nice area. I do know that cedar ridge doesn't have a special teams coordinator, hell they barely have enough coaches for a team.

HogNTX

I image we'll add this one to the recruiting staff as well...
http://smumustangs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=974&path=football

Especially since she's married to the WR coach.

HawgwildinMI

Quote from: pioneerhog on December 10, 2017, 05:32:22 pm
It is a nice area. I do know that cedar ridge doesn't have a special teams coordinator, hell they barely have enough coaches for a team.
Didn't even have a team when I went. Newark was a school that focused a lot on basketball.

HawgwildinMI

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 10, 2017, 04:27:50 pm
Love that area of the state. It's my home.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: HawgwildinMI on December 10, 2017, 07:51:07 pm
Didn't even have a team when I went. Newark was a school that focused a lot on basketball.

In the 70s, flush with power plant money, Newark re-started football with Ron Calcagni as coach. Played a few years and then dropped football. Newark also had a team in the 30s. But the Cedar Ridge where this coach is from is in Texas, not Arkansas

ChicoHog

Quote from: HogNTX on December 10, 2017, 05:34:51 pm
I image we'll add this one to the recruiting staff as well...
http://smumustangs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=974&path=football

Especially since she's married to the WR coach.

She's already added according to previous articles.  Director of recruiting operations. 

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/dec/09/coaches-tweet-ua-stint-at-end-20171209/

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 10, 2017, 03:30:01 pm
What about this one?

https://twitter.com/coachrandyross/status/939926709276758016

Does this mean Bobby Allen is gone?

It means Mark Taurisani is gone.  Director of football operations.  Bobby Allen is director of high school and NFL relations.  He coordinates visiting NFL scouts and high school coaching staffs. Also coaches that feel they have a player that should be looked at contact him. He doesn't go out and scout.  At least he didn't under the previous staff.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

HawgwildinMI

Quote from: Philip Seaton on December 10, 2017, 07:57:12 pm
In the 70s, flush with power plant money, Newark re-started football with Ron Calcagni as coach. Played a few years and then dropped football. Newark also had a team in the 30s. But the Cedar Ridge where this coach is from is in Texas, not Arkansas
Yeah I seen that it was in Texas. You are exactly right about the circumstances about Newark as well. We pumped a lot of money into basketball in the 90s and 2000s.