Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

question

Started by jackflash, December 09, 2017, 11:41:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jackflash

How long can we afford to wait on Venables, which my choice. Before we have to move on

Bacons Rebellion

Until after the playoffs, if we are relatively confident he will come.

JusJim

Agree with Bacons Rebellion, there shouldn't be a problem waiting.  In fact I think the longer we wait the more "sure" we can be that it is someone who is currently in the playoffs or maybe another major bowl.

I'm not so sure that it's "that" important that a DC has to be in place at this point.  The early signing period is in a week.  He's not going to make that big of a difference in recruiting over a one week period.

RockyMtnHog

Coach Morris has an ace up his sleeve and is about to cash in his cards.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

TeufelHog

If it's Venables . . . AS LONG AS IT TAKES!

elviscat

It's CM' decision and not ours.

HogNTX

Personally I think we need to wait SILENTLY as long as necessary. If it is Venables then we honestly make it less likely by talking about it. We need to wait and see!

The longer the chatter is out there then the more Venables has to deal with it and the more it distracts from what they are focused on doing. The more he has to deal with it the more of a problem it becomes and more he has a need to refute it and ultimately make his refutations become the truth.

If he's coming then he's coming once Clemson is eliminated from the national championship... at the soonest. We endanger it by talking about it.

DuckTalesLOL

DC can wait, HC and OC were top priorities.

popcornhog

Quote from: jackflash on December 09, 2017, 11:41:31 am
How long can we afford to wait on Venables, which my choice. Before we have to move on

How do you know we're waiting on him or anyone else?
WPS

The real Hogules

Quote from: popcornhog on December 09, 2017, 02:29:41 pm
How do you know we're waiting on him or anyone else?

Well, if we're not waiting on someone that will knock your socks off when you hear their name announced for the DC position, waiting makes no sense. With the early signing period beginning in 11 days, I would think we'd be rushing to get one named. For recruiting purposes and letting the new DC assemble his staff, if nothing else.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

WorfHog

Quote from: elviscat on December 09, 2017, 11:53:39 am

Like all things regarding the football program. Why have a forum?

hogfooey

Coach already knows whether or not BV is coming. Even if it's not BV (which most likely it is not)  we might be waiting on another bowl or playoff coach to finish up.  Hopefully, anyway.
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

Smashmouth2004

I'm not worried at this point. I agree if it's BV wait as long as we have to but based on what our new AD said, we will hire the best coaches who can recruit the best players so I expect a very good DC hire!

The NewEra

Quote from: jackflash on December 09, 2017, 11:41:31 am

Whoever it is, I'm sure Morris already has it locked up.  In a recent interview Morris was talking too many specifics about what the defense would look like for him not to have the guy virtually hired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YV-4coyJE4

Mjs84

Future DC is still coaching games.  Probably is Venables the way CCM is acting.

lumphog

IF..... he's our guy, we can wait till August    ;D

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: elviscat on December 09, 2017, 11:53:39 am
So you would like MMQB to be simply about stating known facts, no speculation or second guessing of any sort? That sounds like a fun message board.