Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm getting depressed

Started by grayhawg, October 17, 2017, 07:17:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

grayhawg

I honestly don't believe Bielema can get the job done and hope he is let go at the end of the season.

I think if he wins 5 games he will be back so he I'm thinking needs to lose 8 games, but I cannot and will not root against the Razorbacks.
  The thought of losing 4 more games is depressing and Bielema not leaving is also depressing.

Cambridge Hog

Took till now to get depressed?

hobhog

hard to be a fan in bad times no doubt....

The Hawg Marshal

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Albert Einswine

Don't get depressed, get apathetic. It's better for you.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

bphi11ips

PM hogsanity. He can help you adjust your priorities in life.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Malvin

After the first game of the season is when you should have been depressed.

Mo_Better_Hogs

I was well on my way during game 2.

alohawg

I've already conceded another craptastic year. The worst part is the hogs are not even close to being good in any phase of the game right now.
But I watch to contrast and better appreciate the good times coming under a new head hog. Can't wait, that's something to look forward to.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

WaltonCollege

Our O line may be the worst I've seen since I ever started watching football. Makes me so depressed I want to jump off my 3rd story balcony every Saturday. I'd rather pluck my eyes out with toothpicks than watch a third and long with other teams bringing in their nascar package to blow past us.

Stewhog 11

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 17, 2017, 07:45:50 pm
Dilly Dilly!

Come Bret, follow sir Brad. He's going to give a private tour of the pit of misery!

MissippHog

moses_007

This is my 6th straight year of depression. 

CPO Hog

One of my prenuptial agreements was:  When HOG Football is on TV I will be watching, so plan accordingly.
Flash forward 20 years and my wife asks; aren't the HOGS on TV, are you going to watch? My response is; I'll record it and watch when I don't have anything else to do.

NuttinItUp

You are just now getting depressed?

DeltaBoy

I back to recording and check ESPN for the final score , We win I watch it if we lose I delete it . I started it back since the TCU loss.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Kevin

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 18, 2017, 08:05:05 am
I back to recording and check ESPN for the final score , We win I watch it if we lose I delete it . I started it back since the TCU loss.

tough times don't last, tough people do. you got to hang in there
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Ex-Trumpet

XFinity has the "C" button on the remote...while viewing one game I can monitor all of the sports scores on TV at that time and switch to the game/sport of my choosing.

This and Canadian whiskey have make Saturdays quite enjoyable!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

grayhawg

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 18, 2017, 07:59:13 am
You are just now getting depressed?
I was depressed earlier, but these guys I have confidence in seemed sure CBB was history after the season. But now they aren't so sure and this is round two of depression.

hogcard1964

Quote from: grayhawg on October 17, 2017, 07:17:53 pm
I honestly don't believe Bielema can get the job done and hope he is let go at the end of the season.

I think if he wins 5 games he will be back so he I'm thinking needs to lose 8 games, but I cannot and will not root against the Razorbacks.
  The thought of losing 4 more games is depressing and Bielema not leaving is also depressing.

He's gone. 

Money talks.  If the stadium starts having tumbleweed blowing across it (and it probably will by week 10), he may not even make it to January 1.

HawgTrough

I don't think the story of this season has officially been told. Going 3-9 wouldn't have enough flare. We need it to have some pizzazz.

Something along the lines of beating Auburn in dramatic fashion and then a flawless victory over Ole Miss. Followed by a loss to Coastal and not winning another game.

That's more hog-like
WPS

Jimmy

To combat depression, I will tailgate but not attend the game.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on October 17, 2017, 07:35:09 pm
Took till now to get depressed?
Well it IS amazing what meds can do these days ;) 8) :P

HoggyCat

If you're depressed over a game played by 18-22 year olds, then you really need to evaluate yourself.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 18, 2017, 12:27:38 pm
If you're depressed over a game played by 18-22 year olds, then you really need to evaluate yourself.
Indeed and I have to agree...HoggyCat made a sarcastic post but he is right if you are truly depressed...

Next1_04

CPO Hog

Think I'll watch the Aubarn game to see how CK develops. Might be a couple "WOW" moments - good ones that is.
If AA was still under center I would do a Delta, record/delete.

hogsanity

Quote from: Next1_04 on October 18, 2017, 12:37:56 pm
It's a game.

sadly to some of these guys it is life. They way they act you would think they were playing or coaching the team.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Next1_04 on October 18, 2017, 12:37:56 pm
It's a game.

It's a game that has a lot of influence on the local economy; lot's of jobs are made--and made a heck of a lot more prosperous--when the games are won more than lost.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HoggyCat

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on October 18, 2017, 12:36:16 pm
Indeed and I have to agree...HoggyCat made a sarcastic post but he is right if you are truly depressed...

That was not sarcasm.

grayhawg

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 18, 2017, 04:47:19 pm
That was not sarcasm.
It's not depressing to you that we pay CBB over a million dollars a year and Long about a million a year and this is the best they can do? Not to mention the assistant's salaries.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: grayhawg on October 18, 2017, 04:59:09 pm
It's not depressing to you that we pay CBB over a million dollars a year and Long about a million a year and this is the best they can do? Not to mention the assistant's salaries.
Perfect solution to all that-drugs. And that's not sarcasm.  ;)

Rzback

In my 66 years as a hog fan this is the closest I've ever been to giving up on my team and being able to jump ship. I know if they ever get it turned around before I die, I'll be back on board but it sure is hard to see anything promising. Coaching sucks, recruiting sucks, level of play sucks, AD sucks, BOT sucks, heck even I suck
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

grayhawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 18, 2017, 05:05:27 pm
Perfect solution to all that-drugs. And that's not sarcasm.  ;)
Wrong, winning and that's a fact.

jcbville

That's why I hope for the Hogs to run the table from here on out. That way I get to watch them win and I also get to watch the utter chaos and confusion it causes because they won. Its a win-win.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hogsanity on October 18, 2017, 01:18:23 pm
sadly to some of these guys it is life. They way they act you would think they were playing or coaching the team.

And this somehow bothers you..I am not bothered that you aren't really into Razorback Football..But you are on here commenting all the time. Humm??

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Rzback on October 18, 2017, 05:09:45 pm
In my 66 years as a hog fan this is the closest I've ever been to giving up on my team and being able to jump ship. I know if they ever get it turned around before I die, I'll be back on board but it sure is hard to see anything promising. Coaching sucks, recruiting sucks, level of play sucks, AD sucks, BOT sucks, heck even I suck
man I feel you.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HoggyCat

Quote from: grayhawg on October 18, 2017, 04:59:09 pm

Aggravating, yes.  Depressing?? AYFKM??

Besides, it's not my money.  I quit giving and won't give until Long is gone.

grayhawg

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 19, 2017, 07:42:28 am
Aggravating, yes.  Depressing?? AYFKM??

Besides, it's not my money.  I quit giving and won't give until Long is gone.
I see, you are no longer a fan.

jkstock04

I've been thinking about this and you could make the same argument on the other end of the spectrum...which no doubt you and the likes of Hogsanity probably do.

Being happy or simply hoping for a Hog win is braindead dumb too? Would have to be with this logic.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

WPS2k18

If you stay depressed you dont gotta get depressed. Easy as 123.  ;D
Im calling it now... Hogs 2047 National Champs.

code red

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on October 18, 2017, 12:59:14 am
Come Hog Fan, follow sir Brett. He's going to give a private tour of the pit of misery!
FIFY
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

18-22 year olds play for every single D1 team including Bama.  Bama fans seem ok.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hog-Corleone

This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

The Hawg Marshal

I'm nowhere near depressed , but I do care a little bit less every day.

Athog

Quote from: grayhawg on October 17, 2017, 07:17:53 pm

You need a life!!

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 19, 2017, 03:25:57 pm
I'm nowhere near depressed , but I do care a little bit less every day.

That's called apathy...  I'm right there with you...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

grayhawg

Quote from: Athog on October 19, 2017, 03:28:33 pm
You need a life!!
I wouldn't trade my life with anybody here, you need to either be a fan or get off the boat.