Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8 years ago today

Started by Sho Nuff, October 17, 2017, 10:05:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

Quote from: HardCore on October 18, 2017, 06:36:05 am
Florida was #1, Alabama was #2......and they played each other the next week.  I still have no doubt in my mind that was all set up.  Have a 1 vs. 2 game was a ratings dream.  They called more than that in this game.  There was a bogus unsportsmanlike conduct foul, another bogus pass interference call on our guy against Cooper in the endzone, which should have been Offensive PI on Cooper.  FL's OL was holding the entire game, but they hardly got called, whereas we did every time we got close to the endzone. I was livid about 80% of the way through that fourth quarter, just built up over the entire game.  The fans around us at the Swamp actually cheered when we left the stadium.  We just raised the fingers and kept on walking.  They knew what was going on.....or, maybe they didn't, they are not the brightest fan base I have ever been around.  It was a fourth quarter set up to protect that matchup the following week, I will go to my grave convinced of that.

It's something I'll never forget...I'm not one of these guys that believes in the conspiracy theories that the refs are trained to make sure one team wins over another. But this game was so blatantly called one sided for Florida it could warrant an argument.

They literally had to tackle our D-line to slow them down any...it went on all game. Jake Bequette in particular, it was obvious...blatant..whatever you want to cal it, and they weren't about to throw any flags.  That was for sure one game I've witnessed where the refs stole a game away from the Hogs.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ChicoHog

Quote from: Rayzback on October 17, 2017, 07:52:16 pm
Just tack on the first Sophomore to win a Heisman to that.
He won the Heisman in 2007.  McFadden should have won that year and probably would have if we did n't choke against UK and Auburn. 

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 18, 2017, 08:30:40 am
I'm really looking forward to today's anniversary of something terrible in Razorback history.

Oh, I'm certain that something is out there.   :'(
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork