Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eighteen Consecutive SEC Victories

Started by WilsonHog, October 16, 2017, 07:04:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 18, 2017, 08:46:03 am
Agreed. The longer this goes on with Bielema the more I'm beginning to realize Houston Nutt was a lot better of a coach than I gave him credit for at the time.

That's probably not saying much, but in comparison with Bielema? Our teams were overall COACHED a hell of a lot better back then. Plain and simple Houston Nutt and his staff were better coaches than what we have seen with Bielema.

10 years of Nutt 42-38, the 10 years since 29-46.   

Never believed that when he left we would have a drop off, never would have believed it would have been so big of a regression.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2017, 08:35:37 am
Based on what?  Bama?

LSU won two national titles when Nutt was here.  They have regressed from a top 5 team to a top 25 team.
Auburn went undfeated in '04 and Tubberville's record was 80-36 while Nutt was here, better than Gus'
Ole Miss under Tubberville and Cutcliff had a better conference records than Freeze and Luke have had while CBB been here
Miss. State has been better recently than when Nutt was here, although State did win the SEC West in '98
Obviously Arkansas has taken a major step back when you compare the two records of Nutt & CBB.
TN won a NC, Fla won a NC and was perennial top 10, GA was perennial top 10. When Nutt was at Ark, I always felt the East has the better teams, certainly their top 3 vs West's top 3, on average each year.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hogwild

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 18, 2017, 09:27:25 am
TN won a NC, Fla won a NC and was perennial top 10, GA was perennial top 10. When Nutt was at Ark, I always felt the East has the better teams, certainly their top 3 vs West's top 3, on average each year.

Ok, I can agree with the East being stronger, especially in Nutt's early years. Now how does the East being stronger than the West in the late 90s, make the current SEC West stronger than the West was 10 years ago?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2017, 08:58:14 am
10 years of Nutt 42-38, the 10 years since 29-46.   

Never believed that when he left we would have a drop off, never would have believed it would have been so big of a regression.

Well we didn't have a drop off until April of 2012. That is when the drop happened.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?