Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Austin Allen national ranking

Started by LRRandy, March 29, 2017, 12:50:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogzzGo

Very nice, I'll take it. 14th overall. Really hope he has a great season and finishes top 5, I think he has all the tools, will need the protection that is for sure.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

lasthog

Hurts. #11?

Throws football like it's a baseball. Be great quarterback for wishbone team.

Great athlete, quarterback, not so much.

And to save time for any who wish to tell me I know much less than the experts, I already know.

hogcard1964

bennyl08

How on earth is Stidham ranked so high?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HogFansReunited

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 29, 2017, 02:56:47 pm

That had me scratching my head as well.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

gmarv

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 29, 2017, 02:56:47 pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^????????????????????????????????

Stidham is going to a very good team without a QB.  Had they had a QB last season, they would have been really good.  Gus hasn't had a QB in 3+ years.  I regret he may be getting one this year.  While I doubt Aubbie will beat us this season like they did last season, they likely will have a superior team and record to us and will likely be in the top 5 seasons end.  This team will carry Stidham until he gets his feet under him.

oldbear

Quote from: 12247 on March 29, 2017, 05:15:36 pm
Stidham is going to a very good team without a QB.  Had they had a QB last season, they would have been really good.  Gus hasn't had a QB in 3+ years.  I regret he may be getting one this year.  While I doubt Aubbie will beat us this season like they did last season, they likely will have a superior team and record to us and will likely be in the top 5 seasons end.  This team will carry Stidham until he gets his feet under him.

Actually a first year quarterback under Gus has been a somewhat dangerous combination. Now if history holds true, they need to transfer before their second year because they all regress. Not sure what he does to them but they seem to get worse.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: 12247 on March 29, 2017, 05:15:36 pm
Gus hasn't had a QB in 3+ years.

Recruitng ranking say talent wasn't the issue

LZH

I'll say it again....give him a bit of time and he'll find open receivers.  He'll be just fine.  His footwork is OK, and his arm is more than adequate.  What I like?...he ain't scared of shiit.  He'll win two or three games for us this year.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Sportster365

Quote from: factchecker on March 29, 2017, 09:26:51 pm
https://twitter.com/SDS/status/847180993119358978

The quote from CBB here is what gets me... really the entire thread in general. Here we have a stud or what's close to a stud at QB in our fold and coach is running out Brandon Allen for three years straight. I mean it was clear to me from day 1 that Austin Allen looked like the best QB on the Arkansas roster since he stepped foot on campus. When compared to the others, he's intangibles made him a clear distinction. I followed offseason after offseason checking the numbers and it was consistent Austin looked to be the best choice. This kid in the backfield with JWill and AC would have done wonders for the program and CBB image.

His lack of foresight or his unwillingness to put his best players on the field will spell the end of what could be a very prominent career.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Sportster365 on March 30, 2017, 04:39:39 pm
The quote from CBB here is what gets me... really the entire thread in general. Here we have a stud or what's close to a stud at QB in our fold and coach is running out Brandon Allen for three years straight. I mean it was clear to me from day 1 that Austin Allen looked like the best QB on the Arkansas roster since he stepped foot on campus. When compared to the others, he's intangibles made him a clear distinction. I followed offseason after offseason checking the numbers and it was consistent Austin looked to be the best choice. This kid in the backfield with JWill and AC would have done wonders for the program and CBB image.

His lack of foresight or his unwillingness to put his best players on the field will spell the end of what could be a very prominent career.
Satire game on point.

HawgTide

You are consistent

goodguytex

BA wasn't the big problems with the offense during his junior and senior years.

hogcard1964

Quote from: The ColonelHog on April 02, 2017, 01:51:03 pm
If AA is the 14th best QB in the country it's going to be a great season!

He's clearly the best QB in the SEC West.

daBoar

Quote from: The ColonelHog on April 02, 2017, 01:51:03 pm
If AA is the 14th best QB in the country it's going to be a great season!
AA finished last season as #29 in passing efficiency, in his first year as a starter. 12 seniors and underclassmen have moved on since January. He was #3 last season in passing efficiency; the two above him were seniors.

onebadrubi

Thanks for telling us how dumb you are.

Vantage 8 dude

theshiva

No SEC qb should be above AA.

Hurts is average at throwing, and has the luxury of being surrounded by 5 stars. Kiffin worked wonders in creating a system the worked to his strengths, but Hurts still has alot of issues.

The Auburn kid is all hype just like like Jeremy "former pre-season heisman favorite" Johnson. 

Ex-Trumpet

Am I the only one who thinks Lamar Jackson is the most over-rated QB since Gino Torretta?!?!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

daprospecta

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on April 03, 2017, 10:42:47 am
Am I the only one who thinks Lamar Jackson is the most over-rated QB since Gino Torretta?!?!
Yes, yes you are.  He may not be the next Vick but he is most certainly his little brother at a minimum.

onebadrubi

He was over hyped by the media last year and owes them the heisman he won.  He is in no way better than Watson was last year.  Jackson single handidly lost htem 1 possibly 2 games last year.  He is also a system QB. 

hogcard1964

He's definitely up there.  The other inbred criminal from Florida St.-Jameis Winston was also pretty shi^^y.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 03, 2017, 01:21:31 pm
He's definitely up there.  The other inbred criminal from Florida St.-Jameis Winston was also pretty shi^^y.

How is Jackson a criminal and how would either be called inbred?

hogcard1964

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 03, 2017, 01:28:55 pm
How is Jackson a criminal and how would either be called inbred?

I was referring to Winston.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: The ColonelHog on April 03, 2017, 02:23:40 pm
Wow!  I heard this board didn't allow this kind of stuff!  Winston got the customary freebee from a store, showed his arsp in the student union, left a bar with a girl who later regretted she did a no-no and he's a criminal?  Jackson?  Haven't seen anything on Jackson..  inbred?  Really?  Winston is a starting QB in the NFL and Jackson deserved to win the HT!  He is an electric talent and without him UL would not have had the season they had...  and, I think a team from his conference won the natty so I don't won't to hear the weak conf crap!  Real classy posters at Hville I see...  don't mention Hog players by name but call other guys the same age criminals and inbred...  interesting but typical!

You've been registered here for a few days now...I'm guessing this isn't your first account here.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

southeasthog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on April 03, 2017, 02:52:42 pm
You've been registered here for a few days now...I'm guessing this isn't your first account here.
With his excuse making for Winston he probably had Seminole in his last account.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: oldbear on March 29, 2017, 05:44:19 pm
Actually a first year quarterback under Gus has been a somewhat dangerous combination. Now if history holds true, they need to transfer before their second year because they all regress. Not sure what he does to them but they seem to get worse.

Gus molds his offense around his QB, and uses smoke and mirrors to get players into space. In year two people have seen how the offense fits with each QB and they close in on it. Gus is very good at his "Peek-a-Boo" gimmick. You get sporadic results, but when it's good it's REALLY good, and when it's not it still ain't too bad...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HogPhan

I'm excited to see the QB from USC and Penn St. play. That was my first time to see them in the bowl game. Those dudes are studs.

Al Boarland

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on April 03, 2017, 04:19:28 pm
Gus molds his offense around his QB, and uses smoke and mirrors to get players into space. In year two people have seen how the offense fits with each QB and they close in on it. Gus is very good at his "Peek-a-Boo" gimmick. You get sporadic results, but when it's good it's REALLY good, and when it's not it still ain't too bad...
That "Peek-a-Boo" run game gave us fits. They have a new OC now, so who knows what their offense will look like through the air.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 03, 2017, 01:21:31 pm

You are nothing short of a racist pig.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HogPhan on April 04, 2017, 06:44:33 am
I'm excited to see the QB from USC and Penn St. play. That was my first time to see them in the bowl game. Those dudes are studs.

USC QB will win a heisman, I think. 

HogPhan

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 04, 2017, 12:40:51 pm
USC QB will win a heisman, I think. 
I was blown away by that dude in the bowl game. Can't wait to see what he does this year.

010HogFan

Probably. He is fun to watch.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Al Boarland on April 04, 2017, 08:48:02 am
That "Peek-a-Boo" run game gave us fits. They have a new OC now, so who knows what their offense will look like through the air.

It gives everyone fits at first. The guy is not a bad coach, but his philosophy is to exploit teams in a way never before thought of. It's fully exploitational. They do not do anything well with the exception of keeping you guessing. Saban is a brawler. Gus has someone put pepper juice in your cut ointment... His cheating tendencies will catch up to him again.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hogcard1964

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 04, 2017, 12:39:48 pm
You are nothing short of a racist pig.

What in the name of all idioms are you talking about?   I mentioned absolutely nothing about the race of Jackson, Winston or Allen.

Who were you directing this at?  ...and I'd like you to retract that name you just called me.

majestic

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 04, 2017, 07:29:26 pm
What in the name of all idioms are you talking about?   I mentioned absolutely nothing about the race of Jackson, Winston or Allen.

Who were you directing this at?  ...and I'd like you to retract that name you just called me.
Why are any of them "inbred"? But yes, you are a racist POS. Your post history 100% backs that up. And you are most definitely not a Hog fan. Just a troll.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

hogcard1964

Quote from: majestic on April 04, 2017, 07:37:51 pm
Why are any of them "inbred"? But yes, you are a racist POS. Your post history 100% backs that up. And you are most definitely not a Hog fan. Just a troll.

I don't know what you're talking about.

I wish you the best regardless kid.

majestic

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 04, 2017, 07:43:31 pm
I don't know what you're talking about.

I wish you the best regardless kid.
Same reason you got banned from the other site, kid.

majestic

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 04, 2017, 07:46:11 pm
Peace
of darn. You are. Own it with the inbred comment. You lose at life.

hogcard1964

Ok

Save it for the political board.  You have about 25 days.  I'm just asking for you not to clutter up this board with the irrational hate and nsme calling.

Once again, I hope you find peace.

majestic

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 04, 2017, 08:00:16 pm
Ok

Save it for the political board.  You have about 25 days.  I'm just asking for you not to clutter up this board with the irrational hate and nsme calling.

25 days? You started the nonsense, you imbecile. Stop posting complete crap and maybe you won't be called on it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 04, 2017, 07:29:26 pm

you are.  The only thing those two have in common is race and heisman winners.  You actually are even more wrong because Winston has proven to be more than serviceable in the NFL. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogcard1964 on April 04, 2017, 08:00:16 pm
Ok

You are acting like a little 5 year old boy that ran and punched a 9 year old the nuts then is running to mommy. 

You made the comment, name calling. Now asking to not clutter up an Austin Allen thread because you made a racist comment about someone not even in this thread. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: The ColonelHog on April 03, 2017, 02:23:40 pm
Wow!  I heard this board didn't allow this kind of stuff!  Winston got the customary freebee from a store, showed his arsp in the student union, left a bar with a girl who later regretted she did a no-no and he's a criminal?  Jackson?  Haven't seen anything on Jackson..  inbred?  Really?  Winston is a starting QB in the NFL and Jackson deserved to win the HT!  He is an electric talent and without him UL would not have had the season they had...  and, I think a team from his conference won the natty so I don't won't to hear the weak conf crap!  Real classy posters at Hville I see...  don't mention Hog players by name but call other guys the same age criminals and inbred...  interesting but typical!

Just to be clear you know it wasn't me that was calling them those things don't you?

hogcard1964

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 04, 2017, 09:38:28 pm
you are.  The only thing those two have in common is race and heisman winners.  You actually are even more wrong because Winston has proven to be more than serviceable in the NFL.

That's "the only" thing they have in common?

Let it go and drop it.  For future reference try not to call people names that are unfounded.

Peace