Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What a great day it has been.both Monk and K.Allen lost

Started by forrest city joe, March 26, 2017, 06:53:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

And i love it. i am one who admits that i do not wish them well.they turn their backs on Mike Anderson,and the razorback program.screw them. i am glad both KY and FL lost.and glad that neither Monk or Allen will get a chance to play in the final 4.WPS---------------------GO HOGS.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

98hogs

The_Iceman

Well, bad day for them. But we have just watched South Carolina get to a Final 4. Frank Martin was hired the same year as Mike Anderson.

snoot hoggy hog

I still think that Barford and Macon will end up being the better deal.

hawgsalot

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 26, 2017, 07:24:23 pm
Well, bad day for them. But we have just watched South Carolina get to a Final 4. Frank Martin was hired the same year as Mike Anderson.

And was on the hot seat for never making the tourney.  Amazing what kids staying in the program does.

ballinhog

Justin Leon would've made a huge impact on our team. His length and the fact that he can hit the open 3. Wish we had him. Seems like we offered him late if I remember

forrest city joe

Love me some Frank Martin. he was one of the coaches defending Mike when you fire Mike people were coming after him. that's why i have been pulling for him and the Gamecocks this entire NCAAT. glad they made the final 4.Frank is one of Mike's best friends.and he stood up and told folks what a great coach Mike was when some was calling for his head.Monk is a throat slashing punk. i am so glad he lost.GO HOGS.

ADavisTheGOAT

I really don't hate KeVaughn. I hate his dad who led us on.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hogfan991 on March 26, 2017, 07:32:04 pm
I really don't hate KeVaughn. I hate his dad who led us on.
I don't hate either.i don't like either. i just don't wish either well. i hope they both fail.

JIHawg

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 26, 2017, 06:56:16 pm
Phunk them..

Monk had a very mediocre game, and was hardly a factor.  Too little too late.

RazorPiggie

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

wachhog

Walk-On Vs. The Promised Man. David slays Goliath. Gotta love.

forrest city joe

forrest city joe

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 26, 2017, 08:25:21 pm
Just because we had to play UNC in the 2nd round.  :)
Yep. and because the refs flat out took the game from Arkansas. Monk was on a loaded team. and he still lost. I FREAKING LOVE IT!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 26, 2017, 08:47:32 pm
So. he lost just like we did. only the refs beat us.

Refs gave one to us the game before. Remember that Joseph.

mbgrulz

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 26, 2017, 09:37:43 pm
No they didn't. They made the absolute correct call, according to the rule book.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

GO

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 26, 2017, 07:31:09 pm
Love me some Frank Martin. he was one of the coaches defending Mike when you fire Mike people were coming after him. that's why i have been pulling for him and the Gamecocks this entire NCAAT. glad they made the final 4.Frank is one of Mike's best friends.and he stood up and told folks what a great coach Mike was when some was calling for his head.Monk is a throat slashing punk. i am so glad he lost.GO HOGS.

You have a really creepy obsession of all things Mike Anderson don't you?

BallHog1

Lucky for SC they didn't fire him last year isn't it.

The_Iceman

Quote from: BallHog1 on March 27, 2017, 08:10:16 am
Lucky for SC they didn't fire him last year isn't it.

Like others have said, the luckiest thing for South Carolina is Thornwell staying 4 years.

Mike didn't get that with Portis or Qualls, or even BJ Young.

Champs04

It is amazing how everyone is against Arkansas, the refs,the coaches,the kids leaving. Some want to come here some don't.Get over it. Recruit harder,play harder and win with what you got.We had a great year with what we had.

JayBell

This is a weird obsession supposedly grown men have with teenagers who don't go to Arkansas.  And it's reserved for only the top athletes.  How much bi***ing has Hogville seen about Eric Curry helping Minnesota earn a higher seed than the Hogs?  What about Austin Reaves at Wichita State?  Hell, you didn't even mention Justin Leon and he plays on the same team as Allen.

Malik Monk and KeVaughn Allen represent our state and they represent it well.  It's juvenile and childish to cheer against them just because they didn't go to Arkansas.  It's so much easier to cheer against them as players at other SEC schools.

I personally was cheering for both Florida and Kentucky yesterday.  Would have been good for the conference and good for the state to be so well represented in the Final Four.

CPL HOG

Malik does not represent our state well, from what I see he really has no class. I was rooting against both Florida and Kentucky, mostly b/c I cant stand either team or the fans, but also b/c I didn't what to see either of them win a championship if it was not with Arkansas. Childish probably, do i care no. I guess I am a Razorback fan first and an adult second.  Also my wife is from NC and a huge UNC fan so had to pull for them. Now they can both go to the NBA and we will never have to talk about them again.

Hawg Red

I used all my venom up on Archie Goodwin (because he went to my high school). It is what it is. It's been posted here many times, but a lot of these kids have not seen the Razorbacks do anything in March in their lifetime. We should all be thankful for the loyal soldiers we get in spite of that. Now, because of players like Portis, Macon, and the Hawks, we should have a much better chance to keep the top players in-state going forward. Kentucky will always be tough to turn down for the truly elite prospect, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there again. For now, it looks like we have the state locked up for a few years and we should give the kids coming up a reason to want to be a Hog.

I understand the anger of how everything went down with Monk. I'll admit that it brings a little smile to my face when he struggles or Kentucky loses in the Elite 8 (especially knowing that the Hogs should have gone that far, too, without him). But the kid is good. We can't hope that he isn't. There's a reason why we're upset with him not coming to Arkansas. He's much better than Archie Goodwin. I want to say that he's less of a punk than Archie Goodwin, too, but I've seen some things this season that make me question that.

KeVaughn Allen is all class and never led anyone on. Never said anything bad about the state or fans. Never acted like a punk. I don't think he even has Twitter. He just wanted to get out of the state and I can respect that more than I can players that "considered" Arkansas but instead chose a conference rival. Arkansas was never in the mix for KeVaughn. Like Monk, the kid is just good. He'll be 3 times All-SEC if he sticks around for the duration of his eligibility. Sucks to see him playing for Florida but he never strung us along.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Champs04 on March 27, 2017, 08:51:09 am
It is amazing how everyone is against Arkansas, the refs,the coaches,the kids leaving. Some want to come here some don't.Get over it. Recruit harder,play harder and win with what you got.We had a great year with what we had.

Isn't the word on the street is that Florida out hustled MA and staff for K Allen? Yes, MA needs to recruit harder.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 27, 2017, 09:13:04 am
I used all my venom up on Archie Goodwin (because he went to my high school). It is what it is. It's been posted here many times, but a lot of these kids have not seen the Razorbacks do anything in March in their lifetime. We should all be thankful for the loyal soldiers we get in spite of that. Now, because of players like Portis, Macon, and the Hawks, we should have a much better chance to keep the top players in-state going forward. Kentucky will always be tough to turn down for the truly elite prospect, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there again. For now, it looks like we have the state locked up for a few years and we should give the kids coming up a reason to want to be a Hog.

I understand the anger of how everything went down with Monk. I'll admit that it brings a little smile to my face when he struggles or Kentucky loses in the Elite 8 (especially knowing that the Hogs should have gone that far, too, without him). But the kid is good. We can't hope that he isn't. There's a reason why we're upset with him not coming to Arkansas. He's much better than Archie Goodwin. I want to say that he's less of a punk than Archie Goodwin, too, but I've seen some things this season that make me question that.

KeVaughn Allen is all class and never led anyone on. Never said anything bad about the state or fans. Never acted like a punk. I don't think he even has Twitter. He just wanted to get out of the state and I can respect that more than I can players that "considered" Arkansas but instead chose a conference rival. Arkansas was never in the mix for KeVaughn. Like Monk, the kid is just good. He'll be 3 times All-SEC if he sticks around for the duration of his eligibility. Sucks to see him playing for Florida but he never strung us along.

Monk was really the only one I followed. At the time of his decision, the fan base was divided on the longevity of MA. I cannot blame Monk for going elsewhere. Especially with the visibility of KY. Choose between a struggling program, at the time, and a program that consistently gets to the Final Four? Not a tough decision.

Now if he were choosing today then I would say something as it does seem we are on the rise.

In the 80s I was told to "Buy American", but I bought a Honda instead. My attitude was when Detroit builds a quality car then I will buy one. I'm not buying a piece of junk to show my patriotism. It is up to Detroit to show me they are worth my money - not the other way around.

The same with our sports programs. We have to show the kids we are worth their selection. At the time Monk made the better choice.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

hogsanity

Quote from: JayBell on March 27, 2017, 08:56:30 am
This is a weird obsession supposedly grown men have with teenagers who don't go to Arkansas. 

In FCJ's case it is an obsession with Mike Anderson and anyone he thinks did Mike wrong. He does not care about Curry, Reaves or Leon because Mike did not recruit them, or at least not very hard.  HE does not think those 3 would have helped Mike so he could not careless where they are playing. Monk & Allen on the other hand - FCJ thinks those guys did Mike wrong so of course they are on his @#s blasting list. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Breems

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 27, 2017, 09:13:04 amI want to say that he's less of a punk than Archie Goodwin, too, but I've seen some things this season that make me question that.

I don't remember Goodwin throat slashing and taunting the Arkansas bench, even in Bud Walton when thousands were chanting "Archie sucks!" Beating them by 13 probably helped, though.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HogFoo

This is a weird obsession supposedly grown men have with teenagers who don't go to Arkansas.  And it's reserved for only the top athletes.  How much bi***ing has Hogville seen about Eric Curry helping Minnesota earn a higher seed than the Hogs?  What about Austin Reaves at Wichita State?  Hell, you didn't even mention Justin Leon and he plays on the same team as Allen.

Malik Monk and KeVaughn Allen represent our state and they represent it well.  It's juvenile and childish to cheer against them just because they didn't go to Arkansas.  It's so much easier to cheer against them as players at other SEC schools.

I personally was cheering for both Florida and Kentucky yesterday.  Would have been good for the conference and good for the state to be so well represented in the Final Four.
glad they lost.   I'm not cheering for any of them.  Why would you?  SO they can win and then get better recruits because of it?  Even pulling some from our state with the belief that they should go to that school as the only way to win a championship??  give me a break.  Sorry, but glad they lost. Glad SC beat UF.    glad UK lost to the same team we lost too. What you seem to forget is that people aren't mad because Monk chose UK.  They are mad because of the way he and his brother and pal Nick5000 went about it! 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

yraciv

I don't have any ill will toward either of them, and certainly won't root for them to fail. I save that for punks like Dyer and Goodwin who left the state, and talked negatively about us.

I don't believe Malik Monk is a punk based off of what I have heard around state. Yes he has some cocky/childish moments, went to the hated UK, and has people around him like Marcus that tried to profit off of him at the dime of Northwest Arkansas people, so I get it if you don't like him. That being said, I don't think most of the current roster feel any ill will and wish him well. I do think it was a tough decision for him, and he obviously didn't make a terrible choice with the success he had this season.

Kevaughn is also one I have no problem with like what HawgRed said the. The only thing remotely questionable about him was his dad going on radio saying we still had a shot, only with him to stick with Florida. He wanted out of state and went to a good program! It happens and he gave us plenty of time to move on to another option.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Breems on March 27, 2017, 09:25:23 am
I don't remember Goodwin throat slashing and taunting the Arkansas bench, even in Bud Walton when thousands were chanting "Archie sucks!" Beating them by 13 probably helped, though.

For sure. But Archie was a big-time punk about everything on Twitter.

Next1_04

Hawg Red

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 27, 2017, 09:20:54 am
Monk was really the only one I followed. At the time of his decision, the fan base was divided on the longevity of MA. I cannot blame Monk for going elsewhere. Especially with the visibility of KY. Choose between a struggling program, at the time, and a program that consistently gets to the Final Four? Not a tough decision.

Now if he were choosing today then I would say something as it does seem we are on the rise.

In the 80s I was told to "Buy American", but I bought a Honda instead. My attitude was when Detroit builds a quality car then I will buy one. I'm not buying a piece of junk to show my patriotism. It is up to Detroit to show me they are worth my money - not the other way around.

The same with our sports programs. We have to show the kids we are worth their selection. At the time Monk made the better choice.

I can blame someone who says they grew up a Hog fan for going elsewhere when the Hogs had just been to the NCAA tournament and Moses and Dusty were returning, so there'd have been 3 players capable of carrying the team in scoring without even accounting for Macon and Barford. None of that compares to Kentucky, but it's not like he would have been playing in the CBI tournament. We expected to make the NCAAs without him, and did. But Drake isn't going to come hang out in our locker room and every scrimmage isn't going to be on the SEC Network. I get that there are things the U of A just can't offer, but Arkansas had a quality roster. I think the roster was good enough to justify him staying and building something for his state. I don't blame people for thinking less of him since he has stated that he grew up a Razorback fan and is proud of his state. In that since, he definitely betrayed us. But I get why he went to Kentucky. That doesn't mean I have to respect his decision because, like I said, he made no secret that he grew up a Hog fan and talked about representing the state. Well, you could have easily done that at Arkansas and still probably gone to the Elite 8 (the team got screwed out that without him). His draft stock wasn't taking a hit at Arkansas, so spare me the line about looking out for himself and his family if that's coming. The projected #1 draft pick played for 9-22 Washington. They'll see you at Arkansas. He went to Kentucky for all that extra little bullsh-t and notoriety. No one has to respect him for that.

XavierZane

And the heroes of both winning teams were their antithesis:  home state kids who struggled to play for their teams.  Maye turned down offers (including to Gonzaga) to walk on at NC until he earned a scholarship, and Thornwell slowly improved over his entire career until he could become a senior superstar. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: XavierZane on March 27, 2017, 09:45:20 am
And the heroes of both winning teams were their antithesis:  home state kids who struggled to play for their teams.  Maye turned down offers (including to Gonzaga) to walk on at NC until he earned a scholarship, and Thornwell slowly improved over his entire career until he could become a senior superstar.

I really became a fan of Thornwell during the latter part of this season.  I didn't know much about him prior to this year and I think he even served a suspension early this season for "violation of team rules."  All I do know is that during the conference season and through the tournament so far, you can just see how much it means to him.  He's unselfish, he makes the other players better, and he comes through in the clutch with an all-around game.  I'm glad he's starting to get accolades.  Seems like a good kid.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

The_Iceman

Quote from: yraciv on March 27, 2017, 09:26:11 am
I don't have any ill will toward either of them, and certainly won't root for them to fail. I save that for punks like Dyer and Goodwin who left the state, and talked negatively about us.

I don't believe Malik Monk is a punk based off of what I have heard around state. Yes he has some cocky/childish moments, went to the hated UK, and has people around him like Marcus that tried to profit off of him at the dime of Northwest Arkansas people, so I get it if you don't like him. That being said, I don't think most of the current roster feel any ill will and wish him well. I do think it was a tough decision for him, and he obviously didn't make a terrible choice with the success he had this season.

Kevaughn is also one I have no problem with like what HawgRed said the. The only thing remotely questionable about him was his dad going on radio saying we still had a shot, only with him to stick with Florida. He wanted out of state and went to a good program! It happens and he gave us plenty of time to move on to another option.

Correct. If it wasn't for his dad going on Bo's  show, id feel about Kevaughn much like I do about Eric Curry. Wish we had them, but no hard feelings. Still, not really that mad at Allen.

Monk on the other hand....

GlassofSwine

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 26, 2017, 09:37:43 pm

We were up 1 and Barford would have been going to the line for a one on one with less than 20 seconds. Seton Hall is in no position to claim they had the game stolen as they were losing.

Brandon72

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 26, 2017, 08:47:32 pm
So. he lost just like we did. only the refs beat us.

And if you go to the KY message board, they are crying that the refs beat them, yesterday.   Every team complains about the refs.  Yes, we got hosed big time against UNC!!!  But just about every team's fan base complains about having to play XXX team + the zebras.   It gets really old, even when 100% true.   

Hawg Red

Quote from: Brandon72 on March 27, 2017, 10:09:09 am
And if you go to the KY message board, they are crying that the refs beat them, yesterday.   Every team complains about the refs.  Yes, we got hosed big time against UNC!!!  But just about every team's fan base complains about having to play XXX team + the zebras.   It gets really old, even when 100% true.

Okay but do other teams have the national media, coaches, etc. commenting on how bad the officiating was in their game like they did our game? Hogs have a legit gripe, unlike most other fan claims.

XavierZane

Doesn't get old to me to point out the bias and incompetence of the refs.  It gets old having to watch it every year. 

It wasn't just the Razorback fan base that was complaining about and pointing out the refs mistakes in the UNC game.  Everybody with eyes was pointing it out, from the L.A. Times to the N.Y. Times and everybody in between. 

hogsanity

Quote from: XavierZane on March 27, 2017, 10:27:31 am
Doesn't get old to me to point out the bias and incompetence of the refs.  It gets old having to watch it every year. 

It wasn't just the Razorback fan base that was complaining about and pointing out the refs mistakes in the UNC game.  Everybody with eyes was pointing it out, from the L.A. Times to the N.Y. Times and everybody in between. 

Ok, fine, but what about after every other Hogs loss this year when we had threads here about how the refs beat the Hogs. Even after the curb stompings in Stillwater and Lexington there were people making threads about how it was the refs that beat the Hogs. It gets old, and it is lame, to blame the refs for every loss. That goes for any fan base, not just the Hogs.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogsanity on March 27, 2017, 10:29:32 am
Ok, fine, but what about after every other Hogs loss this year when we had threads here about how the refs beat the Hogs. Even after the curb stompings in Stillwater and Lexington there were people making threads about how it was the refs that beat the Hogs. It gets old, and it is lame, to blame the refs for every loss. That goes for any fan base, not just the Hogs.

I wouldn't say that the referees beat us in either of those matchups, but they quite clearly were still not calling the game anywhere near fairly or evenly in those Kentucky matchups. Can't really remember what it was like for the OSU game because we got floored from the jump. But in that Rupp game, we had a chance the refs just squashed it. Clearly. Two teams playing by two different sets of rules. Can't deny it. Maybe we still lose but remove that doubt and call the game evenly.

mckinneyhog5

I didn't care who won yesterday between these two, but the calls did seem to favor NC.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

XavierZane

Quote from: hogsanity on March 27, 2017, 10:29:32 am

What about every victory?  And during every game, even the ones that don't involve the Razorbacks?  People complain about the refs all the time, because they are relentlessly bad.  The notion that there is only complaint after losses is as false as the notion that only the Arkansas fan base was pointing out the ref errors after the UNC game. 

The defense of the refs all the time and those who complain about other people's complaints are just as tiring and old.

PorkRinds

There's more bull darn in that post than in an actual bull...

PorkRinds

Let me say this about Allen. I have no real issues with him. Leaving the stat is fine if you do it in a reasonably classy way. Monk is garbage.

cableguy

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 27, 2017, 09:13:04 am

I agree with this 100%. My understanding was that KeVaughn Allen wanted to play out of state, the same reason some kids want to go to college out of state. I saw KeVaugh Allen play twice in high school and seem to be the ultimate character guy. Future Hog Darious Hall seems to be the same way.