Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many players from AR

Started by Tuskya, March 26, 2017, 01:30:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuskya

are in the Elite Eight even though the University of Arkansas is not one of the teams?!!!!!

Sheez!

rzrbackramsfan

rzrbackramsfan

Those three are Leon - UF, K. Allen - UF, and Monk.  Jonathan Williams, for gonzaga, is from Memphis too.

b_stackhouse

What is the story with Leon? Was he ever a possibility to go to Arkansas?

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: b_stackhouse on March 26, 2017, 01:39:38 pm
What is the story with Leon? Was he ever a possibility to go to Arkansas?
We tried to recruit him late but he was already committed to White at La Tech and then followed him to UF.

Leon was maybe 6'4 when he graduated HS and by the time he left JUCO he was 6'9. I saw him in HS and a couple of times playing AAU after his Sr year and all the kid could do was dunk. His improvement in two years is pretty remarkable.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

(notOM)Rebel123

March 26, 2017, 01:53:46 pm #5 Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 02:11:53 pm by (notOM)Rebel123
Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on March 26, 2017, 01:32:48 pm
Those three are Leon - UF, K. Allen - UF, and Monk.  Jonathan Williams, for gonzaga, is from Memphis too.

Chris Chiozza of Florida is from Memphis.

For what it's worth...
Florida has 5 from Florida
SC has 4 from SC
Kentucky has 3 from Kentucky
Arkansas has 6 in-state players
...and for good measure, Gonzaga has 1 player from the state of Washington.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

TNhawgfan

It's not the number of Arkansas boys we have on the team, it's that monk and Allen are better than any player we have. That's tough to stomach
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 26, 2017, 02:20:50 pm
It's not the number of Arkansas boys we have on the team, it's that monk and Allen are better than any player we have. That's tough to stomach

They are bas good, or better, than most on any team. I'm sure there are a lot of coaches in Texas that would love De'aaron Fox who is from the Houston area. Kids go to out-of-state schools every year. You hate it. But a staff can only do so much to try and convince a kid and his family to stay home.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DeepFreeze

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 26, 2017, 02:20:50 pm

I have to agree.

It is kinda sickening when you hear the starting lineups, especially since we are a small state.....not like we have guys like that coming out of here every year.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 26, 2017, 02:30:15 pm
One is Calipari's spawn, right?

He's actually listed as being from Franklin Lakes, NJ. He played his last two years of high school ball in Massachusetts. So I guess you could say there are 4 from KY.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: DeepFreeze on March 26, 2017, 02:33:26 pm
I have to agree.

It is kinda sickening when you hear the starting lineups, especially since we are a small state.....not like we have guys like that coming out of here every year.

Yes, it is frustrating. But 2 of the 3 were "bu$ine$$ decisions" & one was via Juco. Still hate to see it though

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Tuskya on March 26, 2017, 01:30:06 pm
are in the Elite Eight even though the University of Arkansas is not one of the teams?!!!!!

Sheez!

It's a result of losing for so long that these guys never saw us win in their lifetimes. Makes a big difference in this day and age.

Also Little Rock based AAU programs were bad mouthing our program to their kids for years. Crawford was mouthing the program and coach on Drive Time just this season until he had to eat it once they turned the corner late.

Monk was rumored to be in love with Kentucky as far back as 8th grade.

Great news is that the worm is turning as we have locked up the top 3 kids this year and the top 5 for next season.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 26, 2017, 03:15:18 pm
It's a result of losing for so long that these guys never saw us win in their lifetimes. Makes a big difference in this day and age.

Also Little Rock based AAU programs were bad mouthing our program to their kids for years. Crawford was mouthing the program and coach on Drive Time just this season until he had to eat it once they turned the corner late.

Monk was rumored to be in love with Kentucky as far back as 8th grade.

Great news is that the worm is turning as we have locked up the top 3 kids this year and the top 5 for next season.

This^^^...Time to move forward with those who want to be a part of the program.

SemperFi

I liken Monk's roll on UK much like Pippen's roll was for the Chicago Bulls. Fox is UK's Michael Jordan, however Monk could have been our Michael Jordan.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

ShadowHawg

Quote from: SemperFi on March 26, 2017, 04:20:29 pm
I liken Monk's roll on UK much like Pippen's roll was for the Chicago Bulls. Fox is UK's Michael Jordan, however Monk could have been our Michael Jordan.

Hardly. Fox is the guy who kicks you when you are down. Monk is the guy that brings them back from ledge of losing.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 26, 2017, 05:12:03 pm
Hardly. Fox is the guy who kicks you when you are down. Monk is the guy that brings them back from ledge of losing.

Hardly.  Fox is the one with the BMW convertible and Monk is the one with the Maserati.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 26, 2017, 05:22:56 pm
Hardly.  Fox is the one with the BMW convertible and Monk is the one with the Maserati.

Fox is the better player. NBA scouts know this. That's why he is projected to go top 6. Monk is projected around 10-15.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

TNhawgfan

I would take Fox over monk in a heartbeat. But would be happy with either
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

RaisinHog

Woo hoo .. none of Arkansas players made it too the final 4 .. that makes me happy happy

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pigasaurus

"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

XavierZane

All traitors taken out in one glorious afternoon.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on March 26, 2017, 05:56:58 pm
Fox is the better player. NBA scouts know this. That's why he is projected to go top 6. Monk is projected around 10-15.

Didn't say he wasn't, but Kentucky won both games he didn't play in.

Fox did hit a 3 late but he also short armed a wide open 10 footer after Carolina took the lead.

Jordan was clutch, Fox hasn't been most of the time.

Monk just brought Kentucky back in this, not Fox AGAIN as usual.

Atlhogfan1

Unfortunate we didn't have a program for which they wanted to play.

Best thing about this game was one of these teams lost. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HawgnCorona

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 26, 2017, 01:53:46 pm

For what it's worth...
SC has 4 from SC

U of A recruited Chiozza at one point...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HawgTide

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on March 26, 2017, 05:56:58 pm

Fox is going to be an all star. Monk will be good

onebadrubi

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 26, 2017, 01:53:46 pm

For what it's worth...
SC has 4 from SC

He's the reason they lost today, chiozza that is.  He took the pg spot over around 10-12 minutes to go and played 1 on 5 with it.  Dribbling the shot clock down to 10 or less seconds then trying to drive. His coach wasn't smart enough to stop him or seat him, his replacement is Casey hill, more than adequate. 

Quote from: XavierZane on March 26, 2017, 06:34:25 pm
All traitors taken out in one glorious afternoon.
So every single player for UNC is from North Carolina, and the same for South Carolina? Good to hear none of them turned their back on their home state school.

jjdlc

We can argue all day about wether or not we should have gotten Monk and or Allen, but Leon was a player that was barely recruited out of JUCO, much less HS.  People here would have been screaming bloody murder had we offered him.

HossHog

I mean it would have been nice to have Kevaughn but atleast he committed when he was a junior and didn't lead us on

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Karma on March 26, 2017, 10:42:00 pm
So every single player for UNC is from North Carolina, and the same for South Carolina? Good to hear none of them turned their back on their home state school.
dont be coy. you know (or should know) tha we had marcus on staff and had been told malik was ours.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

lumphog

RaisinHog

Quote from: jjdlc on March 26, 2017, 10:55:01 pm
We can argue all day about wether or not we should have gotten Monk and or Allen, but Leon was a player that was barely recruited out of JUCO, much less HS.  People here would have been screaming bloody murder had we offered him.

Yep no hard feelings for Leon .. cuddos to white for taking a shot on him

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HossHog on March 26, 2017, 11:02:18 pm
I mean it would have been nice to have Kevaughn but atleast he committed when he was a junior and didn't lead us on

I still like Allen. I pull for him, just not against us. He always seemed like a high character and humble kid.

HossHog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 27, 2017, 12:43:59 am
I still like Allen. I pull for him, just not against us. He always seemed like a high character and humble kid.
Yes, as I do not like players who are all about themselves and want the spotlight on them all the time, Allen seems like a very good player and an even better person. I did not enjoy him dropping however many points on us when he came to BWA however. That sucked

onebadrubi

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 27, 2017, 12:43:59 am

I'd still like to know the full details on the Allen situation.  Rumors were it had to do with a certain individual in the AAU program Allen was with.  I'm not trying to speak around a name, as I really don't know much more than that.  Anderson didn't like something and it has to do with allens AAU circuit. 

NWAHog479

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 27, 2017, 02:05:35 am
I'd still like to know the full details on the Allen situation.  Rumors were it had to do with a certain individual in the AAU program Allen was with.  I'm not trying to speak around a name, as I really don't know much more than that.  Anderson didn't like something and it has to do with allens AAU circuit.

Rumor has it that Allen & Anton Beard do not get along at all and Allen didn't want to play with Anton

BannerMountainMan

How many are in the final four?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Jim Harris

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 26, 2017, 02:25:13 pm
They are bas good, or better, than most on any team. I'm sure there are a lot of coaches in Texas that would love De'aaron Fox who is from the Houston area. Kids go to out-of-state schools every year. You hate it. But a staff can only do so much to try and convince a kid and his family to stay home.

Hogs were able to offset the loss of KeVaughn Allen by getting Jimmy Whitt out of Missouri, who many around the program claim MA wanted more. So that worked out well. Really really well.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

ShadowHawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 27, 2017, 02:05:35 am

I don't know which AAU people are in question for certain but my guess it was from Crawford's camp. I will never forget him bad mouthing Nolan for recruiting Emeka Okafur claiming that he wasn't very good on the air in a statewide radio program.

Anyway, word is that some of the bigger sponsors of in state summer bball programs recently told those programs they would pull their support if they didn't do something about the perception that there was bad blood between themselves and the University of Arkansas.