Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Win Total for 2017/18 Season?

Started by Pork Twain, March 21, 2017, 06:51:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

How many games do you believe Arknasas will win next year?

11 (8.5%)
2 (1.5%)
12 (9.2%)
37 (28.5%)
25 (19.2%)
27 (20.8%)
13 (10%)
0 (0%)
Frito Pie
3 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 130

Pork Twain

Here is a much better poll that gives you exact win totals to pick from.  ;)

Here is my Pick (how I think a team will perform compared to last year)

09/02/17 1-0 W Florida A&M
09/09/17 2-0 W TCU (same)
09/23/17 3-0 W Texas A&M* (same)
09/30/17 4-0 W New Mexico State
10/07/17 5-0 W @South Carolina (better)
10/14/17 5-1 L @Alabama (better)
10/21/17 6-1 W Auburn (worse)
10/28/17 7-1 W @Ole Miss (worse)
11/04/17 8-1 W Coastal Carolina
11/11/17 8-2 L @LSU (better)
9-2 W Mississippi State (same)
10-2 W Missouri (worse)
11-2 W Bowl Game

Benny's post mirrors my feelings and why I believe this year will be much better.  I do not see any position, other than WR/TE, that we will be equal to/any worse at than we were last year, but I do see room for vast improvement at almost every other position.

QB - Year number 2 as starter
RB - Year number 2 as starter/backup for our studs and improved depth
WR - A lot of talent but mostly unproven in the SEC
TE - Same as above
OL - Improved depth and year number 2 for several on the OL
DL - Better depth and more seasoned and I believe the switch to a 3-4 is going to pay off.
LB - Same as above
DB - Same as above

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 19, 2017, 02:00:33 am
How is O-line an unkown? We return 4/5 of our starters as well as two other players that have some starting experience. Last years team was playing 3 brand new starters and thus it was known that they'd make some mental mistakes. This year, it is known that they shuld be much improved from having all of last year for experience. Sure, it is possible that they defy average expectations and perform below, but then that applies to everything. Will RW3 and Whaley regress to give us a worse run game than we had in 2011? Technically that is an unknown. For me, I expect a big jump from a first year player to a second year and a solid jump from a first year with actual experience to a 2nd year with actual experience and then modest improvement in every other year. The only exceptions to that is if the player/coaching staff has provided evidence to the contrary such as players not getting better from one year to the next or an individual has a history of not improving. For us, I can't think of a single position group or individual where that is the case.

This year was nearly identical in situation to our 2013 OL year, with the caveat that we actually have good depth now and better talent top to bottom. The OL performed much much better than it did in 2013 and it would take a defiance of expectations for a group with 3 brand new starters to not improve as a group that now returns 4/5. So, we should see even better results than 2014/15.

This is an unknown. We return exactly 1 WR (Cornelius) this coming season who has more than 1 career catch. Can't argue that this isn't an unknown; however, I can point out that of all the positions to have first year starters, this is the easiest one to replace. Further, we have third year players who are more than capable of filling these roles with Pettway and Stewart. We have highly recruited Jordan Jones who will be a 2nd year player, and we have the #1 JUCO who is a big bodied player with good speed coming in.

How is this an unknown? We know he can be that guy, it's already on tape and demonstrably proven. I.e. check out the first half of the season. Now, IMO, where the real unknown is, is can he consistently be the leader that he has previously proven to be? That first half of the season, he was undoubtably the best qb in the conference, bar none. 2nd half, he wasn't as good and dropped to the measly rank of being about the third best qb in the entire conference. A lot of the change seemed to come after the auburn game where he was pulled for a bit after a dirty hit and he wasn't quite the same. Could also have to do with him not trusting his OL to give him much time or the defense to do their job.

This is something that happens to even the best of qbs. Drew Brees had a particularly bad season a couple years ago when they had a historically bad defense. For him, he knew he had to score a td on every single drive just to have even a chance to win the game. Punting was no longer an option for him, so he pressed. Through more dangerous throws that led to turnovers, hurting the defense and creating a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy. When the qb has faith in the team around him, those types of things don't happen.

Good question. Given how much depth and experience we return this year, it is my opinion that we could hire half the coach that Robb Smith was and the defense would still be better. I think Rhoads is better than half the coach that Smith was. How much better is definitely an unknown and how quickly the defense will respond to, buy into, and learn/execute the new scheme remains unknown.

Shouldn't be an unknown there. Greenlaw was a freshmen all american. Harris consistently graded out above an 80 by an NFL rubric as a true freshmen. Ramsey showed ability to rush the passer. Eugene graded solidly last year and his play showed it as well. Beyond that, we have very talented youngsters in players like LaFrance and AJB that are more of the traditional LB a la Spaight, Franklin, and Ellis along with some DE's who can rush the passer and have good speed, though whether they can cover the pass is also an unknown.

Another valid question. OGrady came on later and barring a Reed-esque regression should be ready for an even bigger role next year. Coaches seem to be high on Gunter. Gragg was highly recruited and wouldn't be the first player who just took a while to really come into his own. Finally, Patton coming in reminds of a Chris Gragg/Evan Engram type player. We'll see how good of a blocker he is, but in the passing game, he could keep OGrady on the bench.

Punting probably won't be better because that was a high bar, but I think Johnson comes in and keeps up the tradition of us having excellent punting for the past many punters. Hedlund improved on fg's last year so lets hope that he goes forward some more this year. Special team tackle/return units I think can be a function of either how good your third stringers are or how willing you are to put your starters in (like the Seahawks).

There are several unknowns, though many of the unknowns you listed are not what I would call unknowns. However, the  major message of your point appeared to be that we have too many unknowns to win too many games. A lot of that comes from knowing your own team better than other teams. We have fewer unknowns than most. Moreover, while we undoubtably do have some unknowns, we have a lot of knowns, and they are pretty impressive knowns.

1. 5th yr senior qb. As I mentioned earlier, first half of the season, every other qb in the SEC was fighting for 2nd best. Even after Austin's coup de grace, he was still top 3 and that was his very first season starting as a qb. On average, players experience a decent jump in play from their first year as a regular player to their second. I.e. think of how much Mallett improved from year 1 to year 2.

2. OL play: We return 4 out of our 5 starters which puts us ahead of the curve in the SEC this year. Now, many people have some bad memories of our OL last season. However, if you move past feelings and into facts, things look a lot more promising. First, despite the issues on the OL, last season was still was one of the best offenses in program history. We still had one of the top passing attacks and the leading regular season rusher. So, what led to the bad memories? Early in the season in particular, we were missing assignments. Throughout most of the season, we were not often beat 1 on 1, but typically allowed pressure by being confused. Anybody who has competed in any event knows that is the biggest part of the improvement from the first year to the next, the mental part of the game slows down and you don't make nearly as many mental errors. That improved throughout the season as well. Secondly, they didn't have the experience to know how to stay mentally tough at the end of games. That becomes easier too, though not quite as easy.

3. Running backs: As mentioned before, we had the top regular season rusher last year in RW3. He should be even better next year as well. Further, we have Whaley, who is not only getting the first year to second year bump, but is also getting the first year playing a lot to second year playing bump too.

4. Non-linearity: You might think this is a bit of a cheat point, but hear me out. The sum of those three things is going to be greater than the sum of their parts. Think about it, strong run game to help a qb out and help out the new crop of pass catchers. Strong, experienced OL to even greater emphasize the talented running backs. Already that will help out the qb and slow down the pass rush. Fewer missed assignments with that offensive line will basically halve the amount of pressure that Allen was under without our running game being even better next year. So while we do lose a lot with the receivers, they have one of, if not the best signal caller to get them the ball, they have a great backfield to keep the defense honest and from selling out to stop the pass, and an OL to give the receivers (and qb) more time to get open and get the ball.

5. We lose a lot of production, but the guys we are replacing them with are more athletically gifted. The guys most likely to be heavy in the rotation are not green players either. They don't have a lot of experience, but for most of them, they will be in their third year under Enos. And that is something to smile about.

6. We have stud players at every level of our defense. Agim on the DL, Dejon Harris at LB, and Pulley at CB. When I say stud, I'm not just talking about draft pick, I'm talking top 10 at their position by the time they graduate IMO draft pick. Combine that with both depth in numbers and talent at each level and the ONLY issues we should have on defense next year will be coaching and scheme which we've ideally corrected from the past two years.

7. New coach can bring new energy and shake up what opponents know about us. Look at Smith's first year here. top 10 defense. Other teams didn't know what to game plan for, players who had been here a while showed out even more than you would expect from one year's improvement.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

bennyl08

I typed "through" for some reason when I meant to type "threw"

:'(
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

LZH

Nine wins....That's not too much to ask.  Any less and it'll give me room to bitch for 9 months next year.

cosmodrum

I see 8 we should win, probably lose to mizzou or msu just because we werent supposed to. 7 wins.
Go away, batin'

Poker_hog

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 21, 2017, 06:39:27 pm
I see 8 we should win, probably lose to mizzou or msu just because we werent supposed to. 7 wins.

7 wins for the 4th year in a row is not acceptable.  That is the definition of mediocre. 

Easiest schedule in a long time and a good sr qb.  This needs to be a 10-3 type year.  Sure we have holes to fill but so every team does.  No excuses this year.

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

HamSammich

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 21, 2017, 06:39:27 pm

I'm like you. I see 7 .... maybe 8 wins. Tough schedule and a lot of holes. If cbb gets to 7 I think he deserves an extension

jkstock04

I see 7/8 wins regular season. I don't see any reason to believe that TCU, Auburn, A&M, and @ South Carolina are automatic wins. The most likely scenario is that we split them and go 2-2 with those games.

"Automatic" wins as I see it: Florida A&M, New Mexico st, Coastal Carolina, Ole Miss (we seem to own them), Miss. State, Mizzou.

Most likely losses: Bama, LSU

That leaves around 8 wins. I'm sure we will lose one we should win like every year Bielema tends to do. And wouldn't surprise me if we win one we are supposed to lose.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HamSammich

bennyl08

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 21, 2017, 07:29:12 pm
I see 7/8 wins regular season. I don't see any reason to believe that TCU, Auburn, A&M, and @ South Carolina are automatic wins. The most likely scenario is that we split them and go 2-2 with those games.

"Automatic" wins as I see it: Florida A&M, New Mexico st, Coastal Carolina, Ole Miss (we seem to own them), Miss. State, Mizzou.

Most likely losses: Bama, LSU

That leaves around 8 wins. I'm sure we will lose one we should win like every year Bielema tends to do. And wouldn't surprise me if we win one we are supposed to lose.

Automatic wins should be aFm, NMst, and CCU and that is it. No SEC game is an automatic win for any team.

Should definitely win: MSU, SC (almost every conceivable offensive stat ranked worse than 110th last year. Their red zone scoring ranked 30th, but almost every other statistic ranked 60th or worse and sometimes much worse. So, picture the ineptitude of Florida's offense against us while also facing a defense that was worse than our 2015 defense which was hanging around the 50's).

Likely wins, but I only put it around the 60% margin, TCU (both teams return a lot of players including a senior qb so don't see either team having an edge in improvement from the year before, but we won that game on their turf last year and get the benefit of it being a home game this year, so we were the better team and have a better location),

Toss-ups: Aggies, Auburn, OM, Mizzou. Aggies games have been close in recent years, we just haven't been able to close out the game. We are trending up while they are treading water/trending down though. Auburn we are neck and neck with, no reason to expect any different next season. OM and Mizzou are the most likely to win of the two. OM we have had their number recently, but the games have still been pretty close, and I don't like them having home field advantage. Mizzou we have been by far the better team on the field since we've been playing them in the SEC but they have been good at scratching their way to a victory despite the odds. They had one of the top offenses in the SEC last year and return almost everything, so their offense does give me pause.

Wildcard: LSU. First, the rivalry. We can be 0-fer and they could be undefeated (or reversed) and it still isn't a good bet due to the rivalry nature of the game. They should have a more physically talented team than we will next year which gives me pause. However, they also have Orgeron as HC which is not a plus for them in the coaching department. They are easily the 2nd most talented team we will face and by that, we should lose, but given all the other factors, hard to say what way this game could go.

Should lose: Bama. 'Nough said.

So, that puts us at 6 games we should win as the favorites. 5 games (including LSU) that are toss ups, and then Bama. If we split the toss ups, that gives us 8-9 wins, but IMO, with all the advantages and talent that this team has compared to the questions and unknowns from other teams, I put splitting it 3-2 and going 9-3 regular season.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

moto625

7 Wins and a bowl would be on par for the Hogs

hogcard1964

W Florida A&M
W TCU
L Texas A&M
W New Mexico State
L @South Carolina
L @Alabama
L Auburn
W @Ole Miss
W Coastal Carolina
L @LSU
W Mississippi State
L Missouri

6-6

The bowl game won't matter again 

goodguytex

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 21, 2017, 06:51:29 am

10-2 W Missouri (worse)
11-2 W Bowl Game

Benny's post mirrors my feelings and why I believe this year will be much better.  I do not see any position, other than WR/TE, that we will be equal to/any worse at than we were last year, but I do see room for vast improvement at almost every other position.

TE - Same as above
DL - Better depth and more seasoned and I believe the switch to a 3-4 is going to pay off.
LB - Same as above
DB - Same as above
I like your thinking here, and I like the Hogs chances this season. 9 wins seem very doable.

Games I'm most concerned about right now anyway, are bama, LSU, and auburn. TCU is our toughest non conference game, but we play them in Fayetteville. Our Oline as a unit should be better. Our defense should play better. And we should be good enough to beat the horny toads in Fayetteville.

The Aggies seem to be in free fall and breaking in a new QB. We should beat them this time. Really this is our best shot to date during the Bielema era of beating the Aggies.

Ole Miss is in free fall as well, and also breaking in a new QB. They have no post season hopes. I like our chances.

South Caroline we play at Columbia. They will be better, but I'm still hoping we are good enough to get past them.

Mississippi State are still missing too many pieces to be able to beat the Hogs in Fayetteville.

Missouri are still way down. I see no reason we don't beat them in Fayetteville. 9 seems very possible. Maybe 10.

Polecat

6 or 7 wins. Zero arrests. Lots of kids on the honor roll. University makes tons of money, team continues its mediocrity in terms of wins and losses and the beat goes on
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Polecat on March 22, 2017, 09:19:59 am
6 or 7 wins. Zero arrests. Lots of kids on the honor roll. University makes tons of money, team continues its mediocrity in terms of wins and losses and the beat goes on

Nice. Priorities are in order. Give Jeff Long and CBB another raise.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Polecat on March 22, 2017, 09:19:59 am

+1000

Although isn't there always at least one or two arrests/or student athletes that get kicked out for some off the wall shart?

Hogwild

code red

7-5 Losses to A&M, Bama, South Carolina, Auburn and LSU.  The seat gets warm.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

bennyl08

Barring some weird unfortunate series of events, if we outright lose to SC and beat any other SEC other than MSU, then CBB should probably leave. That loss would end up being worse than Toledo by a long shot (Toledo seemed bad at the time but they ended up with 10+ wins that year and in hindsight, they would have beaten probably 3-4 SEC teams that season). I'm talking ULM level loss.

hogcard1964

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 22, 2017, 02:42:28 pm
Barring some weird unfortunate series of events, if we outright lose to SC and beat any other SEC other than MSU, then CBB should probably leave. That loss would end up being worse than Toledo by a long shot (Toledo seemed bad at the time but they ended up with 10+ wins that year and in hindsight, they would have beaten probably 3-4 SEC teams that season). I'm talking ULM level loss.

As of right now, I would wager SC would be favored in that game.

Hogwild

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 22, 2017, 03:00:55 pm

I think you are right, a few national projections have them listed as having a more talented roster and the game is on the road.

navyhog24

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 22, 2017, 10:28:52 am
+1000

Although isn't there always at least one or two arrests/or student athletes that get kicked out for some off the wall shart?

Probably another shoplifter right before the bowl game

PorkSoda

so much depends on our defense. 

on one side, its hard to imagine turning chit into shinola in one season,  but on the otherhand, I refuse to believe we were really that bad, so hopefully whatever was holding us back is gone, and the defense will be at least average this year. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

bennyl08

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 22, 2017, 03:00:55 pm

SC was favored over us in 2007 too. Pretty sure they were the "favored" team several times during the Petrino era where we crushed them too.

Their offense was as bad or worse than Florida's last year, where it would take on average a 15 spot improvement for them to just barely be in the top 100. The defense last year made our 2015 defense look very good by comparison as well.

It is very rare for a team to improve their ranking by double in a single year. If they were able to do that in all facets of the game, they'd still not quite match up with us, though it would be much closer.

SC will get some love in the off season, they always do, no matter how terrible of a product they put on the field. However, they'll sadly likely already be exposed before they play us. They are play games @NCstate, @Mizz, vs Kent, and @aTm before we play them could all easily be losses for the game cocks. Even LaTech could give them some trouble though I expect they win that game.

LRRandy

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 22, 2017, 04:03:25 pm
so much depends on our defense. 

on one side, its hard to imagine turning chit into shinola in one season,  but on the otherhand, I refuse to believe we were really that bad, so hopefully whatever was holding us back is gone, and the defense will be at least average this year.
believe it. They were that bad.
This is fun, isn't it.

PorkSoda

Quote from: LRRandy on March 22, 2017, 04:15:16 pm
believe it. They were that bad.
we had SEC athletes, we had experience, there was no reason we should have been ranked 76th in total defense.

something was wrong.  I'm not an insider so I don't know what was wrong, but CBB made the changes he thought were necessary in the off season, so I guess we are going to see if it works.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

LRRandy

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 22, 2017, 04:35:36 pm
we had SEC athletes, we had experience, there was no reason we should have been ranked 76th in total defense.

something was wrong.  I'm not an insider so I don't know what was wrong, but CBB made the changes he thought were necessary in the off season, so I guess we are going to see if it works.
if the defense improves, that should be good for at least 2 more wins.
This is fun, isn't it.

Pork Twain

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 21, 2017, 05:11:56 pm
I typed "through" for some reason when I meant to type "threw"

:'(
Completely negates my previous comments.  You are stupid and your post is stupid
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Pork Twain

Al Boarland

I'm really trying to find the optimism some on here have. It appears to me it's all based on it's another year, hope and it can't be as bad as last season. It really can. The analysis of who should be better or worse being applied to our competition appears to be as inaccurate and the projections of us being better. I just don't get it and haven't come across a post, no matter how long, that's convincing. Our boys are working harder than everyone else?  Not buying it. Just look at the talent. Who are we more talented than? Put a W by those as a starting point. Show me where this staff is out-coaching someone. Show me where they are getting more out of less. Didn't happen last season. CBB contract year? Back against the wall? Come on! That's just not cutting it.

longtimeHogfan

It's year five, I'm expecting 10 'W's. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Al Boarland on March 23, 2017, 06:30:26 pm
I'm really trying to find the optimism some on here have. It appears to me it's all based on it's another year, hope and it can't be as bad as last season. It really can. The analysis of who should be better or worse being applied to our competition appears to be as inaccurate and the projections of us being better. I just don't get it and haven't come across a post, no matter how long, that's convincing. Our boys are working harder than everyone else?  Not buying it. Just look at the talent. Who are we more talented than? Put a W by those as a starting point. Show me where this staff is out-coaching someone. Show me where they are getting more out of less. Didn't happen last season. CBB contract year? Back against the wall? Come on! That's just not cutting it.
Its always hard to predict because there are so many variables people aren't even aware of.  even if you pick the win total right, chances are it wont be the same games you thought we would win.  That's what makes it fun to watch.  I never would have guessed the baskedball team would have been a couple minutes shy of making the sweet sixteen.  The football team may very well surprise everyone as well.

Hawgar The Horrible

What are you looking for? High fives from folks that think the Hogs will suck this year?

TheRazorback500

CBB needs at least 9 or the natives will be restless for sure. I think we can do it if we avoid injuries and the switch to the 3-4 pans out.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Al Boarland

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on March 23, 2017, 07:24:18 pm
What are you looking for? High fives from folks that think the Hogs will suck this year?

High fives? It's a discussion board. I laid out the points that don't have any merit, IMO. Last time I check there was a spell check, not a sunshine checker on the board. If you think I'm wrong state your case. I'm all ears.

Al Boarland

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on March 23, 2017, 07:39:04 pm
CBB needs at least 9 or the natives will be restless for sure. I think we can do it if we avoid injuries and the switch to the 3-4 pans out.

The natives are restless after every loss. TV money keeps everything in check. It's really comes down to the admin.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Al Boarland on March 23, 2017, 07:40:59 pm
The natives are restless after every loss. TV money keeps everything in check. It's really comes down to the admin.
lol, I'm some guy from the accounting dept is calling the plays of game day.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Al Boarland on March 23, 2017, 07:39:50 pm
High fives? It's a discussion board. I laid out the points that don't have any merit, IMO. Last time I check there was a spell check, not a sunshine checker on the board. If you think I'm wrong state your case. I'm all ears.

I've read your points. You make them frequently, as in nonstop. Doesn't matter if I disagree or not. Your MO is to baptize as many people as possible into your train of thought. I ain't playing that game.

Chivas

7-5 and Bielema enters 2018-2019 season on the hot seat.

cosmodrum

Quote from: HamSammich on March 21, 2017, 07:17:04 pm
I'm like you. I see 7 .... maybe 8 wins. Tough schedule and a lot of holes. If cbb gets to 7 I think he deserves an extension

If he gets to 7 I think I'm done with him.
Go away, batin'

Mike_e

QB:  Better than most.

RB:  Better than most.

WR:  Good, Very good and to young to tell.

TE:  Good, maybe better than most depending on the Juco we signed.

Tackles:  Average.  Not bad though.

Guards:  Better than most as per last season's end.

Defense

I don't know who is playing where on the front but we should be serviceable.

LB:  Good to very good.  Yes, take a look at who got PT last year their potential to progress.  (remember that these guys are essentially kids and they can and do actually get better)

CBs/DBs:  See above.

Safety:  Unknown.  Depends on whether or not we can get some of thses Redshirts up to speed.

The upshot on defense though is the old saying that you teach offense and recruit defense.  The thing about that is though that on defense you also have to get them to play.  Something that didn't happen much last year from the DC.

If Rhodes can light a fire under these kids then we might just see some real fireworks this year.  I have the feeling that Rhodes is a fiery kind of guy.

It all adds up to have the chance at a fine year.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Al Boarland

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on March 23, 2017, 07:58:34 pm
I've read your points. You make them frequently, as in nonstop. Doesn't matter if I disagree or not. Your MO is to baptize as many people as possible into your train of thought. I ain't playing that game.
Seems like your MO is to talk about other posters instead of discussing their posts.  I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm only giving my opinion. I've yet to see anyone change the mind of another poster on a message board.

popcornhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 21, 2017, 06:51:29 am

10-2 W Missouri (worse)
11-2 W Bowl Game

TE - Same as above
LB - Same as above
DB - Same as above

I never understood predicting the bowl game without knowing the matchup.
WPS

hogcard1964

Quote from: Chivas on March 23, 2017, 08:13:50 pm
7-5 and Bielema enters 2018-2019 season on the hot seat.

No

He could go 4-8 this season, and still not be on the "hot seat".

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 24, 2017, 02:29:56 pm
No

This is just not true man.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

PorkSoda

Quote from: popcornhog on March 24, 2017, 01:52:21 pm
I never understood predicting the bowl game without knowing the matchup.
its kind of an inverse relationship.

the less wins you have the crappier the bowl will be the easier the opponent will be and the better chance you will have of beating them

vice versa, the more wins you have the better your opponent will be and the less chance you have of winning.

PorkSoda

Adjusted from my point of view

Quote from: Mike_e on March 24, 2017, 05:14:12 am
QB:  Better than other teams I follow

RB:  Better than other teams I follow

WR:  Better than other teams I follow

TE:  Better than other teams I follow

Tackles:  Better than other teams I follow

Guards:  Better than other teams I follow

Defense: Better than other teams I follow

LB:  Better than other teams I follow

CBs/DBs:  See above.

Safety:  Better than other teams I follow

number of other teams I follow: 0

Poker_hog

Most of the teams we play have recruited better than us but thankfully talent is only part of the equation.  Experience and player development are equally if not more important.  That is especially true at the qb position.  To me that is the reason for optimism.  We have probably the best returning passing qb in the league.  Good qb play can overcome recruiting deficiencies.  Likewise bad qb play can kill an otherwise talented team.

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

NotSoFastMyFriend

lol blood pressure medicine is your friend

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 24, 2017, 02:29:56 pm
No

What a drama queen martyr statement.