Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Longhorns officially suck

Started by Mike Irwin, March 19, 2017, 04:48:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

March 19, 2017, 04:48:57 pm Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 05:02:23 pm by Mike Irwin
This won't mean much to you youngsters but for us old guys, we've lived long enough to see the Shorthorns officially bad in football & basketball and mediocre in baseball. Only their baseball team is above .500 for this academic year. They are 13-9 currently after getting swept this weekend in Austin by Texas Tech. I have every confidence that by the time Big 12 play is over they will be below .500 in baseball.  Football was a bad 5-7 last fall. Basketball just completed a miserable 11-22 season.  ::hornsdown:: :)

But hey, their tennis team is ranked 8th in the country so I'm sure their academic people are happy about that.  ;)

AlmaHog2011

And it's awesome. Let the Tea sippers sit around and brag about their money..

Snizzzo

Younger fans have no idea the joy this brings to those of us who "know" that athletic program.  Whether it's comeuppance or karma, it puts a smile on my face. 

Sweet Feet

They still have won a title in Football/Baseball and been to the final four more recently than we have. We haven't been to the Sweet 16 in 20 years.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Sweet Feet on March 19, 2017, 05:36:05 pm
They still have won a title in Football/Baseball and been to the final four more recently than we have. We haven't been to the Sweet 16 in 20 years.
Okay, you want to trade for their programs right now? You want their sorry basketball team? Football? Baseball?

Science Fiction Greg

They still suck and so do you for saying anything positive about them in this thread.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

hoglady

Right now today - we are a better program in the major sports.
We're not talking about history - we're talking today.
And that should make every Hog fan, especially us old time fans very happy.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 19, 2017, 04:48:57 pm
This won't mean much to you youngsters but for us old guys, we've lived long enough to see the Shorthorns officially bad in football & basketball and mediocre in baseball. Only their baseball team is above .500 for this academic year. They are 13-9 currently after getting swept this weekend in Austin by Texas Tech. I have every confidence that by the time Big 12 play is over they will be below .500 in baseball.  Football was a bad 5-7 last fall. Basketball just completed a miserable 11-22 season.  ::hornsdown:: :)

But hey, their tennis team is ranked 8th in the country so I'm sure their academic people are happy about that.  ;)
I can promise I'm shedding many "crocodile tears" at their predicament. Gee......how the mighty and exalted have fallen! Then again, it couldn't happen to a nicer, more deserving bunch. Hope they continue to wallow in mediocrity, or worse, for many, many seasons to come. They're truly getting theres.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 19, 2017, 05:03:16 pm

They can stick those dang oil wells so far up their *** that they choke on the crap, period.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Mike Irwin

The people that make policy at UT Austin don't like oil. They're windpower people.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 19, 2017, 08:46:59 pm
The people that make policy at UT Austin don't like oil. They're windpower people.

Well big a****s that they are, a wind mill would fit just right!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

ChicoHog

Shaka Smart will keep the basketball program insignificant.  Herman will resurrect football I think but it won't be overnight.  Actually if they get good in football it will help us as they will go back to the hot team in Texas and less HS studs will go to A&M.  Even though I was in school during the SWC days and hated Texas I have to say the Aggies have replaced them as my most despised rival (along with Auburn). 

ChitownHawg

You simply don't understand. Any defeat for the Longhorns is a reason for a Hawg to celebrate.  ::hornsdown::

Where our program currently stands is not relevant to the joy of seeing those arrogant pricks being down. That is just how I was raised.  ;D  :razorback:
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Mike Irwin on March 19, 2017, 06:02:59 pm
Okay, you want to trade for their programs right now? You want their sorry basketball team? Football? Baseball?

Arkansas sports got so much better for me when you logged in here Mike.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

I love these "feel good" threads.  Thinking about Texas being crappy in all sports can even temper the tough loss of our basketball Hogs.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

arlhog

You better enjoy it while you can.  They will be good, especially in football again.It's just a matter of time.  They have tradition, money and a huge recruiting base.   I love it now but they will be good again.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: arlhog on March 19, 2017, 10:51:43 pm
You better enjoy it while you can.  They will be good, especially in football again.It's just a matter of time.  They have tradition, money and a huge recruiting base.   I love it now but they will be good again.
Sounds like deep inside you can hardly wait despite your comments to the contrary.

Inhogswetrust

I wouldn't want them even if every sport they sponsored won the NC this year.....................Tied with ND for the most arrogant bunch in all the history of all college sports. Burnt orange sucks.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Mike_e

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 20, 2017, 12:20:20 am
I wouldn't want them even if every sport they sponsored won the NC this year.....................Tied with ND for the most arrogant bunch in all the history of all college sports. Burnt orange sucks.

Now, now, tied?  They're not even That good.

Thanks Mike, you've made this Monday better!
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Jackrabbit Hog

Makes me so happy to know that somewhere, Bill Montgomery, Sidney Moncrief and Kevin McReynolds are all smiling about this.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

(notOM)Rebel123

We have 6 national titles in men's outdoor track & 8 indoor titles since 1997.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

RagingHawgOn

Screw texass. I've hated them for over 40 years. Nothing better than seeing them wallow in the depths of mediocrity.

Rockinghog

I like to watch Texas lose no matter what the sport is.

Pigsknuckles

<<<<<<<< :) :) :) :) :) Proud to be an old guy.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Inhogswetrust

Spoken like a true Wolf fan. No matter what you say your posts proves it over and over again.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Peter Porker

If only we rooted against Alabama like this....
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

go hogues

It's truly incredible how little they do with more. They should never be outside the top 5 in any given sport.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

DeltaBoy

Many Orangebloods I know are nearly on Suicide watch.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: go hogues on March 20, 2017, 08:26:25 am
It's truly incredible how little they do with more. They should never be outside the top 5 in any given sport.

Scholarship limits and other things can have an effect.

311Hog

Thanks for this post.  I grew up hating the shorthorns, and nothing has changed.  I loath no team like the Whorns, i mean darn this board has a horns down emoji should tell you all you need to know  ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

HighcountryHog

Texas can burn to the ground for all I care.  Haven't stepped foot in that state for over twenty years.  Screw that entire state.
no bumps, no fat chicks

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Rockinghog on March 20, 2017, 07:29:59 am
I like to watch Texas lose no matter what the sport is.
I root for them Against Oklahoma and ONLY IN THAT GAME.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: go hogues on March 20, 2017, 08:26:25 am

They have lost a lot of quality production in their football program. Despite continuing to have better ranked recruiting classes, they have gone from having 26 players drafted, with 16 of those being in the 1st through 3rd rounds from 2007-2011, to having just 15 drafted with only 4 of those being in the 1st through 3rd rounds from 2012-2016. That's a big drop off for a P-5 program. Perhaps the biggest downturn of any P-5 program over the same period of time.
Go Hogs Go!

The NewEra

Quote from: arlhog on March 19, 2017, 10:51:43 pm

People said that about the Dallas Cowboys for 15 years and it didn't happen till last year.  I hope the Short Horns take that long to fulfill your prophecy. 

Darren DeLoach

Nothing proves my age like enjoying a good ole piling on of the orange team from Texas. It does an old soul some well deserved medicine.

::hornsdown::
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Dark Helmet Hog

Any natural born Arkansas fan over 40 has hate for the Shorthorns as part of their DNA. It is part of who we are as fans. As a kid, 1981 vs Texas is one of my favorite memories. Owning them in Dallas in the old SWC tournament was pretty damn fun too. I love seeing them suck.

31to6

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 20, 2017, 08:14:55 am
Completely different level of hatred and it always will be.

Alabama leverages the Birmingham offices to screw over the entire SEC.

Texas leveraged the entire SWC to screw over Arkansas.

With Texas, it's personal.

Razorpigg

HamSammich

Their football team has a better coach and a more talented team with an easy recruiting base... I hate Texas but they might win a championship next year... in other words yet another thread that defines hogville.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 31to6 on March 20, 2017, 02:01:55 pm
Completely different level of hatred and it always will be.

Alabama leverages the Birmingham offices to screw over the entire SEC.

Texas leveraged the entire SWC to screw over Arkansas.

With Texas, it's personal.

If you think it's personal with hog fans think how personal it must be for Aggies. They even have it in their official song................................

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 19, 2017, 05:03:16 pm

Actually, you have inspired me to coin a new nickname for the EOE-A gang . . .

"Tea-brags" . . . .

Or, for branding purposes . . . "T-brags" . . . .

::hornsdown::

GolfnHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 20, 2017, 09:33:18 am
Many Orangebloods I know are nearly on Suicide watch.

Can any of them drive a truck in the Middle East? (Too harsh or non PC?)
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

hog.goblin

Quote from: Peter Porker on March 20, 2017, 08:14:55 am

We only play Alabama once a year.  Back in the day, we played the state of Texas week in and week out.  The bad guys in orange were just the leaders of the pack.

I hate all things Texas.

Alabama?  I'm just starting to get annoyed.

bennyl08

Define youngsters? Pretty much any hog fan over the age of 20 has a hatred of the longhorns no different from the old timers. Many were raised in a proper household that taught them about the ways of the razorbacks and longhorns and why to dislike the latter. For those that weren't, the games played in the 2000's were enough to instill it otherwise.

Maybe then, the confusion is in the word "much". No doubt, for the oldtimers, the hatred of Texas is going to be stronger for having lived through much more of the competition than most anybody under 40 can fully understand. Truth be told, you needed to be in your 20's during the 60's to fully know the hatred for Texas and anybody younger than that is only going to know a pale shadow relatively speaking. However, as far as dislike for another team goes, Texas rates at least at a 7 for pretty much everybody over the age of 20. So, seeing them in poor shape athletically means a great deal to most any razorback fan. Hatred for the program is going to 10 for people in their 70's or older, so to them, a 7/10 may "not mean much".
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Birminghog

Quote from: hog.goblin on March 20, 2017, 03:52:28 pm
We only play Alabama once a year.  Back in the day, we played the state of Texas week in and week out.  The bad guys in orange were just the leaders of the pack.

This is the crux of the biscuit. I lived in Texas for 8 years during SWC days. People there rooted for two teams every week - "their" team (be it UT, A&M, Tech, Houston, etc.) & whoever was playing Arkansas. 8 Texas teams and us.

In the SEC, generally people root for their team & whichever victory can help their team. Generally, we are looked upon favorably among fans of other teams. It's a much better, albeit tougher, neighborhood. If you do well, you're respected. If not, then you're not.

swineology

It makes me a happy man

;D

Science Fiction Greg

Can't believe how many Texas apologists have shown up in this thread.  Should have their Razorback card revoked.  Sad!
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

factchecker

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on March 20, 2017, 08:03:45 pm
Can't believe how many Texas apologists have shown up in this thread.  Should have their Razorback card revoked.  Sad!

Sad so many Hog "fans" give leeway and respect to texass while dumping on the razorbacks.  They were probably in the group claiming that Texas was back after beating a horrible Notre Dame team.  Didn't last long because the whorns got beat by Kansas and fired Charlie a few months later.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

j-mann

calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs