Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chicken

Started by "Boar", August 19, 2013, 05:56:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

Quote from: "Boar" on September 11, 2013, 09:31:01 pm
I'll give her a try.

My favorite use for Cavenders is salad dressing.  50% olive oil, 50% vinegar, and Cavenders to taste.  That's by far my favorite salad dressing mix...simple to make and tastes great.

That's a little different.  What kind of vinegar?

BTW, Fresh Market has Porterhouse's on sale this weekend for $9.99 a pound.  Headed up there Saturday am.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

Sounds like a winner.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

"Boar"

Waiting in the fire...

"Boar"

"Boar"

Never kabobed with sweet potatoes before, but they cooked up just right. 6 mins then flip for 5 minutes with the grill at 400.

"Boar"

Quote from: Boarcephus on September 12, 2013, 06:12:00 am
That's a little different.  What kind of vinegar?

The wife made it tonight with red wine vinegar.  I just grab the distilled white vinegar and regular ole olive oil...nothing special.  It works, Boarcephus.

Boarcephus

Quote from: "Boar" on September 12, 2013, 09:08:35 pm
The wife made it tonight with red wine vinegar.  I just grab the distilled white vinegar and regular ole olive oil...nothing special.  It works, Boarcephus.

Appreciate it.  That sounds like it could be a winner.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

Thanks for the sweet potato tip.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

"Boar"

We never get tired of it...might change it up some but it's just hard to beat some Tyson chicken thighs. The wife requested wet thighs and a mustard based sweet sauce. I'll put up with a few times a year.

"Boar"

Not a fan of sauce but...

"Boar"

"Boar"

Pretty decent for a sweet mustard sauce.

"Boar"

Getting pm's on recipes so I'll start adding some as we cook.

For the grilled green beans...just cover with olive oil, add some garlic salt, mix it up then add more garlic salt and crushed black pepper.  Let it slow cook with the chicken then once the chicken is removed, open the vents so the temp will rise and spread the beans on the grill for about 10 minutes while the chicken is cooling off.

Forgot  the butter..go for it.

"Boar"

Tomato Basil Salmon Burger and Lemon Orzo with Pine Nuts night...

"Boar"

"Boar"

Made up some Basil Mayo and added Lemmon...

"Boar"

I'm off on Tuesday...cooking brisket...tune in for step by step info that I learned at Myron Mixon's cooking school.

dhornjr1

Quote from: "Boar" on September 15, 2013, 06:57:53 pm
Made up some Basil Mayo and added Lemmon...

I'd like the recipe for that rice. That stuff looks delicious.

LSUFan

Look!

You keep this up and I'm pulling strings and favors to get you permanently bant......................................to my house..........................to cook :)
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

"Boar"

Quote from: dhornjr1 on September 15, 2013, 07:42:23 pm
I'd like the recipe for that rice. That stuff looks delicious.

The Orzo is a pasta shaped like a large grain of rice. We added toasted pine nuts, grape tomatoes, spinach, olive oil, juice from a lemmon, kosher salt, and pepper. Let it sit up and marry for about 30 minutes.

My favorite part was the Basil Mayo...mayo, chopped fresh basil, lime juice, kosher salt and pepper.  Just right with salmon burgers and crab cakes....or on a spoon.

dhornjr1

Quote from: "Boar" on September 15, 2013, 09:00:05 pm
The Orzo is a pasta shaped like a large grain of rice. We added toasted pine nuts, grape tomatoes, spinach, olive oil, juice from a lemmon, kosher salt, and pepper. Let it sit up and marry for about 30 minutes.

My favorite part was the Basil Mayo...mayo, chopped fresh basil, lime juice, kosher salt and pepper.  Just right with salmon burgers and crab cakes....or on a spoon.

Oh, that's orzo. God, that sounds good.

I was gonna ask you about the basil mayo next. I just didn't want to be too worrisome. :)

"Boar"

September 16, 2013, 02:42:58 pm #71 Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:02:26 am by "Boar"
Marinade for Brisket

Bring 32 ozs water to a boil then add a 14.5 oz can of Beef Broth, 3 tbls of Beef Base, and 3 tbls of French Dip Au Jus. Boil and stir for 5 minutes. Let coll down then refrigerate.

Inject cold marinade the night before you cook. Injection tips and photos coming tonight.

"Boar"

LSUFan

Quote from: "Boar" on September 13, 2013, 07:29:16 pm
Pretty decent for a sweet mustard sauce.

Damn, check out the surgically enhanced toes! lol
Those look like my youngest son's lol
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

"Boar"

Remove as much fat as possible before injecting. There's plenty of fat inside and the rub that I'll add tomorrow wont stick to fat.

"Boar"

Inject with the grain...about every inch in a checker board pattern. 

"Boar"

Pour the remaining marinade on top and tightly seal the scent free garbage bag. Then refrigerate over night.

"Boar"

7a Remove from the refrigerator and apply the rub.

"Boar"

8a Place on the smoker (indirect heat over a pan of water) for 2.5 hours @ 350. Fat side down.

"Boar"

10:30a Place in a pan and cover tightly with foil. Cook at 350 for 1.5 hours or until 205 at the point. You have to bend in the corners of the pan to fit in a large egg.

"Boar"

Once the brisket reaches 205 at the point, wrap the foiled pan in a furniture blanket or wrap in towels and place in an ice chest for a minimum of 2 hours.

"Boar"

For cooking burnt ends:

After the Brisket has rested for 2 hrs, remove the fat cap(point).  Re-wrap the large flat part of the brisket and place back in the ice chest.  Remove the fat from the fat cap and season the cap with rub.  Place the fat cap back on the smoker at 275 for a out 1.5 hrs. rub side down.  Remove and place in the pan and blanket again.

When done, cut across the grain to make cubes.  Place in a pan with au jus.

DeltaBoy

Chicken soup is on the menu tonite I took the left over Chicken and put in the Pot last nigth and simmered it with seasoning from 5 pm to 10 pm then I fitered it and put up for the night.  When work is over I am going to add the veggies, cubed chicken and noodlers.

"Boar"

"Boar"

Doing the burnt ends different from Myron's way. 30 minutes one side at 275 then flip the trimmed side up for 30 minutes.

"Boar"

DeltaBoy

Burnt ends are BBQ GOLD!

DeltaBoy

Soup turned out great I did use too much Red Pepper Flakes in it so it was a tad hot.  Next time I will use a 1/4 in stead of a 1/2 of a teaspoon.

"Boar"

Squirrel wings and fried corn...

"Boar"

Hillbilly Salmon...

DeltaBoy

Dang gum I am hungry already !

"Boar"

Ozark Cluck Taco day.

Deboned chicken thighs, pico, cheese, and low carb tortillas.

"Boar"

"Boar"

"Boar"

"Boar"

DeltaBoy

Dang it Boar you making me fat and happy just looking.

"Boar"

"Boar"

October 24, 2013, 05:15:14 pm #98 Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:36:43 pm by "Boar"

HuntinHog

I bet Ozark CLuck taco day was amazing.  Frick.