Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone have a good smoked/grilled potato recipe?

Started by BBHog, August 25, 2007, 06:14:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BBHog

I've tried wrapping quartered potatoes, garlic, butter, and salt in aluminum foil and throwing on the smoker for a while.  It's good, but not great.  Maybe missing something.  Do y'all have any good potato recipes?

hawgfandude

I had great hopes that you would have gotten a great one from someone.  I'll be checking back.

markmchog

I have one that's similar to your's.

Slice some potatoes (about 1/8 in. thick) and some onions and layer them in an aluminum pan with a tablespoon of butter per layer and some jalapeno slices and your favorite spices. I like to use soul food seasoning. Cover with foil and place on the grill. Just before you take them off the grill, toss in some grated cheese.
You can substitute olive oil for the butter.
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. - Thomas Paine, 1776

Cresthog

2hogfans

cast iron skillet, sliced potatoes 1/8 inch think, purple onion slices, olive oil, Grill Seasoning or Tony C's = Yum-O

Since 1894

1.  Get the big potatoes and cut them length wise.  Put a large slice of onion, bacon, butter and Cavenders between the halves and wrap them up in foil.  Put on the smoker / grill until the potato is done.

2.  Cut the potato into small squares and put into foil with onions and mushrooms.  Season with Witchisheaurs (sp) sauce,Cavenders and butter.  Close the foil, cook on the top rack and cook until done.

Here endith the lesson. 
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

maniax22bolts20

October 07, 2007, 08:28:58 pm #6 Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 08:34:31 pm by maniax22bolts20