Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOLY CRAP!!! Orgeron is hauling some lunkers into Oxford!

Started by NuttsSacked, January 20, 2006, 07:10:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttsSacked

He just received commits from another 5 star and 4 star today.  That makes TWO-5 star and NINE-4 star (Scout) recruits to date.  They'll be ranked among the Top 10 classes tomorrow. 

They said the guy could recruit, but DAAAYUUMMMM!

TulsaHawg

Quote from: NuttsSacked on January 20, 2006, 07:10:27 pm
He just received commits from another 5 star and 4 star today. That makes TWO-5 star and NINE-4 star (Scout) recruits to date. They'll be ranked among the Top 10 classes tomorrow.

Rivals shows them woth 27 commits.  How many they signing?

http://arkansas.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?Year=2006&Page=1&Type=0&Sort=0

zortoes

NCAA better get in there and find out what he's offering.  NO ONE is that good of a recruiter.

NuttsSacked

Quote from: TulsaHawg on January 20, 2006, 07:21:56 pm

Rivals shows them woth 27 commits. How many they signing?

I have no idea, but there was a mass exodus of players this last season.  Many players couldn't hack Orgeron's idea of "tough love".

pseudorabies

Cajun Hog

Quote from: pseudorabies on January 20, 2006, 07:34:34 pm
There is a limit of 25 players you can sign a year.

Also he lost 12 or 13 freshman last year.  This guy is a NUTT  ;D  and will run off part of these, wait and see.

DukeOfPork

January 20, 2006, 07:42:21 pm #6 Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 10:29:16 pm by PorkPariah
Orgeron is an imbecile.  Apparently that appeals to 4 and 5 star recruits?

NuttsSacked

Apparently a few won't make the grades, but the list is still impressive. 

I mean really...this should put all the "Why would anyone want to come to Fayetteville?" arguements to rest.  We're talking about freaking OXFORD, MISSISSIPPI! 

Tater Salad

Quote from: zortoes on January 20, 2006, 07:27:43 pm
NCAA better get in there and find out what he's offering. NO ONE is that good of a recruiter.

My thoughts exactly. There's gotta be some cheating going on. I heard  USC (orgreron's former home) is being investigated right now for recruiting violations (not sure about when they occurred). Anyone got any info on that?

dotnet

Quote from: Tater Salad on January 20, 2006, 07:53:08 pm
NCAA better get in there and find out what he's offering. NO ONE is that good of a recruiter.

My thoughts exactly. There's gotta be some cheating going on. I heard  USC (orgreron's former home) is being investigated right now for recruiting violations (not sure about when they occurred). Anyone got any info on that?

I don't think it is that serious.  I have not heard anything about it.  If USC, college footballs biggest program, made some huge infraction then everyone would know about it.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Tater Salad on January 20, 2006, 07:53:08 pm

Taking recruits to dinner at a alum eating place (high $$$) and the owner tell all about USC and why they should go there.  The owner played at USC, that's a NO,NO.

zortoes

Looks like he's got that California pipeline flowing, but seriously... why would a five star QB come to Ole Miss instead of attending just about any other school he desires?  Reminds me of that movie Blue Chips...

HatfieldHog

Quote from: NuttsSacked on January 20, 2006, 07:10:27 pm
He just received commits from another 5 star and 4 star today. That makes TWO-5 star and NINE-4 star (Scout) recruits to date. They'll be ranked among the Top 10 classes tomorrow.

Dosen't that guy know that you can't recruit to Oxford, Mississippi?  Hey, let's get Bo, and Drive time, and Sports Rap to set this coach straight.   When he finds out the truth about where you can and can't recruit, he will accept the 50th ranked class then.  Dogone, unimformed southerner's!

(Sarcasam)      See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

NuttsSacked

Quote from: zortoes on January 20, 2006, 09:27:52 pm
Looks like he's got that California pipeline flowing, but seriously... why would a five star QB come to Ole Miss instead of attending just about any other school he desires? Reminds me of that movie Blue Chips...

I suppose this will be the one of the best recruiting classes Ole Miss has EVER signed...despite the fact they sucked last year.  I'm no "scientific rocket", but I can't help to feel some corners are being cut. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA was taking notes.

PigKahuna

mountainhog

Oklahawg

As a state Mississippi has a hard time getting players eligible for D1 football. Orgeron will oversign, just like Jackie Sherrill at State, inking 30 to collect 25, and settle probably for less.

We nabbed Jermaine Brooks when we hired Keith Burns away from USC. He was a 4-star DT, I believe. A good coach has created relationships with younger players while recruiting and Orgeron is mining those contacts. Plus, those HS coaches will respect him for his work at USC.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HouTxRzbck

They were terrible last year.  Something has to be going on.  Either he is a genius or the university will be investigated and he will look like a goat.  Only history will reveal that.  Let's see what Ole Miss does with these recruits.  Like what everyone says about him.  He may run them off before they do anything. 

PS I don't think you can compare Oxford and Fayetteville!!  Remember the state Mississippi is last in everything for a reason.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

RoboRazor

Quote from: HouTxRzbck on January 21, 2006, 11:49:39 am
PS I don't think you can compare Oxford and Fayetteville!! Remember the state Mississippi is last in everything for a reason.

And we're 49th in everything....thank God for Mississippi!!

PigMan

Rivals as of today has Oregon with 17 comments with no 5 star and on four star recruits.  They have an average of 2.76.

bigred7987

QuoteNCAA better get in there and find out what he's offering.  NO ONE is that good of a recruite
not that good of a recruiter...to Ole Piss at least.  No way that many good kids wanna go there

msudawgs64

Hey NCAA..here is the Yahoo map on directions to Oxford... ;) ;D

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?newaddr=&taddr=&csz=indianapolis+in&country=us&tcsz=Oxford%2C+MS&tcountry=us

He may be a hell of a recruiter but guys again we will see that he still can't coach.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

JackJohnson

you can sign as many as you want, but can only enroll 25 in august.

with that said, they signed 5 juco's in december that can count back to last year, so they can sign 30 and if all are eligible, they can have all 30 on their roster next fall.  So any they sign over 30 will tell you how many true "grade risks" they actually have.

T2 RZB

Ole Miss ranks number 11 in Rivals primarily because they have an unusually high number of commits.  Orgeron had eight of his recruits from last year leave before the 2005 season even started.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050817/SPORTS030103/508170352/1109

No doubt they have a good class, but the cupboard is bare and the promise of stepping right in to play in the SEC would seem to be a big draw.  What will be interesting will be to see how many he actually has of that class this time next year.

Robbie Neiswanger apparently in one of his first writing assignements at the Clarion Ledger reported that by the end of this season 9 of the 2005 recruiting class had left and 15 players overall, the latest being Senior back Jamal Pittman.  Robert Lane was rumored to be leaving but did decide to stay.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051223/SPORTS030103/512230349/1109

Tater Salad

Quote from: msudawgs64 on January 21, 2006, 05:54:23 pm
Hey NCAA..here is the Yahoo map on directions to Oxford... ;) ;D

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?newaddr=&taddr=&csz=indianapolis+in&country=us&tcsz=Oxford%2C+MS&tcountry=us

He may be a hell of a recruiter but guys again we will see that he still can't coach.

Hopefully he's the football version of Stan Heath