Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

radio show?

Started by hogville38, January 27, 2015, 07:26:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogville38

What is the name of the razorbacks sports show in the morning with tommy craft?

capnamerica

havok

hogville38

Thx guys. Had a brain fart.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Grizzlyfan

They seem to be committed to finding a former Razorback QB who can add something to the show.  So far, 0 for 2.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 27, 2015, 09:19:46 am
They seem to be committed to finding a former Razorback QB who can add something to the show.  So far, 0 for 2.

Tyler wilson gone?  Who was the other?

Rocket23

They tried Clint, who was second?  I miss that show in Little Rock. 

PorkRinds

I think Tyler does a good job.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: Rocket23 on January 27, 2015, 09:23:05 am
They tried Clint, who was second?  I miss that show in Little Rock. 

Me too.  That show they replaced it with is garbage.

Wildhog

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on January 27, 2015, 09:31:55 am
Me too.  That show they replaced it with is garbage.

I was listening to Bo the other day, and a Jimmy B and the Crew commercial came on.  It was so bad I had to turn the station because of a COMMERCIAL. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Wildhog on January 27, 2015, 09:33:04 am
I was listening to Bo the other day, and a Jimmy B and the Crew commercial came on.  It was so bad I had to turn the station because of a COMMERCIAL.
No joke. I love Game On, but really question that station's recent changes.

whippersnapper

Wilson has been awesome so far. Really glad he joined the show.

OLDHOG

I know It's pretty bad. Game on and Bo's show are pretty good.

Wildhog

Quote from: OLDHOG on January 27, 2015, 10:16:44 am

Bo has the best show in the state.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Wildhog on January 27, 2015, 10:19:54 am
Bo has the best show in the state.

and it's not even close
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: OLDHOG on January 27, 2015, 10:16:44 am
If anyone from 93.3 were to read this and care about my sorry opinion, here's my problems with Jimmy B and the crew:

1. They don't talk about the Hogs very much - if at all. I remember a couple of Monday's ago, the BBall team had won a crucial game and we'd hired our new OC over the weekend but they were talking about #deflategate the whole time  ::)  (edit: it was a Friday, not a Monday. And we had lost to Ole Miss, not won. But the point stands)

I get it that they're supposed to be more national since there are other programs in that slot that talk Hawgs. But honestly, we can get national from ESPN at a higher quality. You're a local station - talk local, please.

2. I don't know if there are actually any Razorback fans on that crew. I know one of them is a  ::hornsdown:: fan, and is very open about it. That's ok I guess, but take a page out of Bo's book and know your audience.

3. They're not funny, but they try way too hard to be. And that bell - my goodness that thing needs to stop. Talk sports, guys. That's why we're listening. Fill the "jokes" in around the content rather than the other way around.

I've given them a lot of chances. Basically every morning since they started until about a week ago when I couldn't take it anymore. I want them to succeed because they seem like nice guys.

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 27, 2015, 10:32:18 am
If anyone from 93.3 were to read this and care about my sorry opinion, here's my problems with Jimmy B and the crew:

1. They don't talk about the Hogs very much - if at all. I remember a couple of Monday's ago, the BBall team had won a crucial game and we'd hired our new OC over the weekend but they were talking about #deflategate the whole time  ::)  (edit: it was a Friday, not a Monday. And we had lost to Ole Miss, not won. But the point stands)

I get it that they're supposed to be more national since there are other programs in that slot that talk Hawgs. But honestly, we can get national from ESPN at a higher quality. You're a local station - talk local, please.

2. I don't know if there are actually any Razorback fans on that crew. I know one of them is a  ::hornsdown:: fan, and is very open about it. That's ok I guess, but take a page out of Bo's book and know your audience.

3. They're not funny, but they try way too hard to be. And that bell - my goodness that thing needs to stop. Talk sports, guys. That's why we're listening. Fill the "jokes" in around the content rather than the other way around.

I've given them a lot of chances. Basically every morning since they started until about a week ago when I couldn't take it anymore. I want them to succeed because they seem like nice guys.

Well said.  I gave it a chance as well.  I gave up on them with the Houston Bowl build up. "Texas Rose" was the dumbest bit ever.

I agree on all of your points. I'll add that I don't like how they insult the listeners.  About once or twice a week, Jimmy B makes some comment like "don't use words like that, it will confuse our listeners" or "I watch more basketball than you, so I know more than you".

What's even more disappointing is that The Morning Rush was a great show.  I thought I finally found an alternative to the crap on 103.7 in the mornings.  I didn't think that there could be anything worse that Tommy Smith stuttering or The Bazz's girly giggling...but Jimmy B proves me wrong.

Wildhog

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on January 27, 2015, 11:43:04 am
Well said.  I gave it a chance as well.  I gave up on them with the Houston Bowl build up. "Texas Rose" was the dumbest bit ever.

I agree on all of your points. I'll add that I don't like how they insult the listeners.  About once or twice a week, Jimmy B makes some comment like "don't use words like that, it will confuse our listeners" or "I watch more basketball than you, so I know more than you".

What's even more disappointing is that The Morning Rush was a great show.  I thought I finally found an alternative to the crap on 103.7 in the mornings.  I didn't think that there could be anything worse that Tommy Smith stuttering or The Bazz's girly giggling...but Jimmy B proves me wrong.

I listen to the Morning Rush on 104.3 in the mornings.  I think it's also on 96.1 in some areas, IIRC.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Snowball the Pig

It astonishes me that no one can put together a decent morning sports talk show in central Ark. The Show with No Name is a terrible "sports" broadcast.  I thought 93.3 had something with Bradley and Stoerner but that fell apart quickly

jcharkansas

What 93.3 really needed to do was keep the morning rush and just fill that 9 to 11 gap with something other then those national Yankees, they were terrible. I don't get why they can't at least get arkansas fans to do an arkansas show. Jimmy b is still better then tommy smith but calling fans dopes and saying on air that you are not a fan of the hogs is no way to get more listeners. Big Jake is the only hog fan on there.

Piggage

1. They don't talk about the Hogs very much - if at all.

Evidently they're not from here and/or recently moved here from places where the Hogs aren't on the radar. They struggle to say anything significant about the Hogs--and when they do, they have no perspective of this season compared to the last 8-10 in either main sport. Then they take any excuse to let the conversation drift toward the NFL, NBA, golf or tennis. Suddenly that's when they hit their stride.

I don't know about that. If a sports talk station in Baton Rouge had a regular who was a Razorback fan, do you think LSU fans would be okay with it?

All in the past, though, because Texas will never be able to sniff the bowl game we go to next year. By the time we play them again in the regular season, we'll barely remember this radio show.

pondwater jack

Matt Jones is the best former QB on radio in AR. 

I like Mike Irwin.  Not just because he threw Ballhog1 off the bored (which should have been done years ago). 

Mike tells it like it is. 
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: pondwater jack on January 27, 2015, 01:27:24 pm

I like Mike Irwin.  Not just because he threw Ballhog1 off the bored (which should have been done years ago). 

And plays a mean steel guitar beside his pool to boot.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Piggage on January 27, 2015, 01:18:12 pm
Evidently they're not from here and/or recently moved here from places where the Hogs aren't on the radar. They struggle to say anything significant about the Hogs--and when they do, they have no perspective of this season compared to the last 8-10 in either main sport. Then they take any excuse to let the conversation drift toward the NFL, NBA, golf or tennis. Suddenly that's when they hit their stride.
[...]
I don't know about that. If a sports talk station in Baton Rouge had a regular who was a Razorback fan, do you think LSU fans would be okay with it?

All in the past, though, because Texas will never be able to sniff the bowl game we go to next year. By the time we play them again in the regular season, we'll barely remember this radio show.
I think Jimmy B is from Nebraska? Don't quote me, but I seem to remember them saying that.

Anyway, that's what I mean by taking a page from Bo's book. He's not from here and isn't (or wasn't when he started) a Razorback fan. Neither was Adam, for that matter. (Former producer/fill in host)

But they both do a great job by doing their homework so they can provide quality content. And they keep it Razorback-centric because that's why we're listening to local radio - so we can get the in depth local news not covered by the major sports networks.

Honestly, I'd be ok with an ASU morning show or a high-school morning show if the just want something different. But it has to be local, otherwise there's no point in my mind.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 27, 2015, 01:30:52 pm
I think Jimmy B is from Nebraska? Don't quote me, but I seem to remember them saying that.

Anyway, that's what I mean by taking a page from Bo's book. He's not from here and isn't (or wasn't when he started) a Razorback fan. Neither was Adam, for that matter. (Former producer/fill in host)

But they both do a great job by doing their homework so they can provide quality content. And they keep it Razorback-centric because that's why we're listening to local radio - so we can get the in depth local news not covered by the major sports networks.

Honestly, I'd be ok with an ASU morning show or a high-school morning show if the just want something different. But it has to be local, otherwise there's no point in my mind.
I've always been curious as to where Bo's allegiance lies.  I know he's from Florida, and I've heard that he's a Gators fan, but I wonder if he's turned into a Hog fan after being here for so long.  Either way, I think he has, by far, the best show in Arkansas, and I will continue to listen to him.  Just wondering. Anyone have any insight?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

PorkRinds

Quote from: Poppa Tart on January 27, 2015, 02:01:26 pm
I've always been curious as to where Bo's allegiance lies.  I know he's from Florida, and I've heard that he's a Gators fan, but I wonder if he's turned into a Hog fan after being here for so long.  Either way, I think he has, by far, the best show in Arkansas, and I will continue to listen to him.  Just wondering. Anyone have any insight?

There's almost no doubt in my mind that Bo is a hog fan at this point.  They may not be his team, but he's a fan of the hogs.  Anyone who defends them as much as he does has to be!

presidenthog

Quote from: pondwater jack on January 27, 2015, 01:27:24 pm

Ok I hear this all the time can someone tell me or pm me the ballhog1 story.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: presidenthog on January 27, 2015, 03:07:20 pm
Ok I hear this all the time can someone tell me or pm me the ballhog1 story.
Me too please

pondwater jack

Ballhog1 is a garden variety troll.  Thinks he's big because he owns a pawn shop.  Good beans....you'd think he owns a country club the way he flaunts it ::)  .   Anyway he got Lippy with hogville godfather Mike Irwin.  Mike said sit down and know your roll....BH1 popped off again.  Mike unceremoniously banned him. 

Anyway what happened later was even more entertaining.   I was in the pawn shop one afternoon when Mike Irwin flashed on the TV and BH1 threw a bottle of miller genuine draft 22-25 ft, end over end, and thru the screen.  A pawn.  Cost him near $100. 

He cussed a blue streak. Still sore about it.  And it was ALL his fault.   

OTR can tell you about BH1 ire toward mike irwin.  Especially when he drinks (anytime after about 10am).

That's the nickel version.

Pwj
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: pondwater jack on January 27, 2015, 03:21:34 pm
Ballhog1 is a garden variety troll.  Thinks he's big because he owns a pawn shop.  Good beans....you'd think he owns a country club the way he flaunts it ::)  .   Anyway he got Lippy with hogville godfather Mike Irwin.  Mike said sit down and know your roll....BH1 popped off again.  Mike unceremoniously banned him. 

Anyway what happened later was even more entertaining.   I was in the pawn shop one afternoon when Mike Irwin flashed on the TV and BH1 threw a bottle of miller genuine draft 22-25 ft, end over end, and thru the screen.  A pawn.  Cost him near $100. 

OTR can tell you about BH1 ire toward mike irwin.  Especially when he drinks (anytime after about 10am).

Pwj

Thank you sir! Haha, I think I actually heard about that but didn't put two and two together. Didn't he have some sort of blow up with TigerBait where the police had to get involved? Or am I confusing separate incidents?

pondwater jack

Matt Jones gives an honest take and seems relaxed

pondwater jack

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 27, 2015, 03:23:49 pm
Thank you sir! Haha, I think I actually heard about that but didn't put two and two together. Didn't he have some sort of blow up with TigerBait where the police had to get involved? Or am I confusing separate incidents?
no BH1 is Internet tough.  In real life he's jittery.  Bad jittery.  Like if you yell boo he jumps and yelps.  When he was in shape yes.  But his enormous beer belly makes fighting out if the question. He looks like an apple with 2 toothpicks stuck out the bottom.  And he has a goiter because of salt. 

Pwj

WriterWrong

The Morning Rush with Clint Stoerner Tyler Wilson, Derek Ruscin and Tommy Craft.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: pondwater jack on January 27, 2015, 03:21:34 pm

Pwj

Here's the best part of that story....iron mike don't even remember doing it.  He has busted so many heads through the years that this was just another day at the office.  Just another day.  He may have forget it but Ballhog1 sure ain't forget it. 

One thing I wish is that Lanny would open up his war chest and pay for mike to report to hogville live from the super bowl.  For what he has meant to this board and for the lessons he has learned all of us I think he deserves a little trip. 

Iwastherein1969

Stoerner wasn't on more than half the time...he'd be on for one segment, then 15 minutes later he was not available, then at the top of the hour Clint came back on and would do two segments then take anothe half hour break....never could figure out what that guy was doing...seems like he took his break when Craft and Ruscin took calls from the audience, then came back just in time to get into a three-way without calls....who knows ? 
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

pondwater jack

I'd love to see mike live at the super bowl on Hogville's dime.  Lanny walks around with pockets stuffed with gold and silver from the proffit from this cash cow.  Seems like he'd spring for that and never miss it. 

pondwater jack

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 27, 2015, 04:40:12 pm
Stoerner wasn't on more than half the time...he'd be on for one segment, then 15 minutes later he was not available, then at the top of the hour Clint came back on and would do two segments then take anothe half hour break....never could figure out what that guy was doing...seems like he took his break when Craft and Ruscin took calls from the audience, then came back just in time to get into a three-way without calls....who knows ?
I'm a Clint fan.  But he seemed nervous and unsure at times.  Matt sounds like he don't know the are live

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: pondwater jack on January 27, 2015, 04:41:29 pm
I'd love to see mike live at the super bowl on Hogville's dime.  Lanny walks around with pockets stuffed with gold and silver from the proffit from this cash cow.  Seems like he'd spring for that and never miss it.

He could take the money just from the clicks from those responding to fcj since the first of the year and send me, jack, odell, and Mike to the game.  Wouldn't that be a imposing foursome with hogville media credentials getting hotheaded quotes from Sherman and angry exchanges between us and kraft and Brady and bellichick.  There's still time to send us out there.  I'm certainly not doing anything of importance this week (or any week for that matter) and odell is available.  Jack can you be ready by tomorrow?

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: pondwater jack on January 27, 2015, 04:43:02 pm
I'm a Clint fan.  But he seemed nervous and unsure at times.  Matt sounds like he don't know the are live
I was a huge Stoerner fan....just wished I could have heard more of his commentary and less of the other two, especially considering how silly Ruscin and Craft can get at times
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

pondwater jack

I know people who know kraft.  He's mostly good people.  I like what he has to say.  Ruscin grows on you. I used to have a wart on my back.  Couldn't shake it.  Could barely reach back there to put the compound W.  When I hear Ruscin in the morning I think of that wart.  Once it dried up and fell off.....a part of me did too. 

J holly blasingame ii

snoblind

Pretty sure I've never called into a radio show.  After reading Jack's comment now I have the urge to call into the morning rush and talk to "Wart" Ruskin.

pondwater jack

Id like to issue a retraction.  Tyler sounds markedly better this morning. Great insight.  On basketball no less...

Hog N Bama

Well good luck cause THE BUZZ is nothing BUT commercials!

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: pondwater jack on January 28, 2015, 08:24:51 am
Id like to issue a retraction.  Tyler sounds markedly better this morning. Great insight.  On basketball no less...
Yeah, I really like him actually. He's kind of low key, which is a good balance to Ruscin who can be a little over the top sometimes.

Plus, I love a player's perspective. That's why Michael Smith makes Game On my favorite show during Football Season

H&D

Tyler does ok. You can tell he is new at it and starts talking about things without thinking it out first. Sometimes this causes him to pause mid sentence, then kind of get lost in things.  I blame all of the head shots he took.

He adds good insight on what coaches and players may have been thinking in certain situations. It's good to hear that stuff from someone who actually has been there.

And what was wrong with Clint?  Having him on radio seemed like you were six beers in with him and sitting around the BBQ at a tailgate. You never knew what was going to come out of his mouth.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"