Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can we get one?! UCF stadium expansion: 10,000 sqft BEACH BAR

Started by zcpears, January 26, 2015, 05:45:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

go hogues

The 10,000 square foot broken down front porch with fiddle playin', square dancin and moonshine bar.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

CattleCorn

10,000 sq. ft. of mud wrestling.  With a Sonic.   :razorback:

redeye

Reminds me of the grass hill at Faurot Field, which everyone seems to hate.

lahawg1

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: zcpears on January 26, 2015, 05:45:44 pm
What would ours look like?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ucf-stadium-expansion-includes-new-10-000-square-foot-beach-bar--photos-182238023.html

Interesting concept but only a novelty item at best. That stadium hold a little over 45,000. Interesting they can put it on the 50 yard line half way up and displace some prime seating that in most places would have a big donation requirement. I would suggest putting one in both end zones and leave the prime seating alone. I guess they don't need those prime seats unless they plan to charge extra to sit on a beach.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LightHog

That will fit right in with all those Yankees down there.  They will need a feed so they can keep up with the NBA.

popcornhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 26, 2015, 06:05:51 pm
Interesting concept but only a novelty item at best. That stadium hold a little over 45,000. Interesting they can put it on the 50 yard line half way up and displace some prime seating that in most places would have a big donation requirement. I would suggest putting one in both end zones and leave the prime seating alone. I guess they don't need those prime seats unless they plan to charge extra to sit on a beach.

There will be prime seating in the beach area.
WPS

Carl Lazlo

TexHog188

I'm thinking more of a chicken coop above the Athletic Bldg in the North End Zone.  You can pick your chicken, ring it's neck, get it plucked, gutted, and fried right before your eyes.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

RunHogruN

How about a small lake where you can fish and watch live football all at the same time...that would be a great relaxing time...
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

Hogfaniam

Quote from: RunHogruN on January 27, 2015, 01:41:48 am
How about a small lake where you can fish and watch live football all at the same time...that would be a great relaxing time...

Sponsored by Bass Pro.  Have pontoon boats tied together, floating in the middle.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

twistitup

A brewery and the worlds largest outdoor bar overlooking the field
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Theolesnort

Just another distraction. If you are not that interested in watching the game, why even be there?
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: popcornhog on January 26, 2015, 07:03:18 pm
There will be prime seating in the beach area.

Then they need to provide beach towels as they are removing seats it looks like to add it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Theolesnort on January 27, 2015, 06:13:14 am
Just another distraction. If you are not that interested in watching the game, why even be there?

^this. They might as well add a golf course outside so people can tailgate but not go to the game.............................

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 27, 2015, 06:17:02 am
^this. They might as well add a golf course outside so people can tailgate but not go to the game.............................

Ooooh

Putt Putt

PonderinHog

twistitup

Lazy river all the way around the stadium??

Maybe it could float by 4-6 major tailgating areas....

CabotHog87

A hunting ground on top of the NEZ that way no one has any excuses for not being at the game.

mhsbc59

just have a mini amusment park with rollor coasters and lazor tag for the kids on one side and an outdoor bikini bar that only UA female students work at for the dads.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Torqued pork

Zip lines between the east and west and bungee jumps in the end zones.

BearsBisonsBoars

I think Ole Miss has this covered.

code red

According to Ricky Shaffer there is a rent-able pool for fans somewhere on campus??  First I heard of it.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

jesterzzn

Who's idea was it to put a damn litter box in a football stadium?  The idiocy hurts.

PonderinHog

Quote from: jesterzzn on January 27, 2015, 11:45:52 am
Who's idea was it to put a damn litter box in a football stadium?  The idiocy hurts.
I'll take that as a definite "no."

Seebs

Never on the 50 - maybe on top of the Broyles Center - Make it a mud pit for the Hogs and invite only Coeds  - Recruiting 101
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Seebs on January 27, 2015, 12:38:18 pm
Never on the 50 - maybe on top of the Broyles Center - Make it a mud pit for the Hogs and invite only Coeds  - Recruiting 101

[attachment deleted by admin]

twistitup

Quote from: code red on January 27, 2015, 11:29:06 am
According to Ricky Shaffer there is a rent-able pool for fans somewhere on campus??  First I heard of it.

Baseball pool / hot tub area??

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 27, 2015, 09:47:19 am
I think Ole Miss has this covered.

Ummmmm.....It was more about tailgating on a golf course......like in LR.............................. Golf courses are better than a grove.

DLUXHOG

Barmaid outfit at UCF bar....(or maybe that's just a customer)

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Iwastherein1969

at least for next year, I'm all for putting in a pool (cement pond) on each side of the field in the first 10 rows so our QB will be sure to throw it in the water when his primary receiver isn't wide azz open
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Seebs on January 27, 2015, 12:38:18 pm
"Hey Jeff, maybe we can bury the hatchet. Still need an OC?" - Bobby Petrino

PonderinHog

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Theolesnort on January 27, 2015, 06:13:14 am

Here in Orlando everyone is competing for attention vs the Theme Parks and beaches 35 minutes away.  UCF has about 60K students on campus.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Inhogswetrust

January 27, 2015, 07:21:15 pm #35 Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:34:06 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on January 27, 2015, 07:12:19 pm
Here in Orlando everyone is competing for attention vs the Theme Parks and beaches 35 minutes away.  UCF has about 60K students on campus.

And about 59,000 of them commute.  Maybe not that much but a LOT of them do. It is a typical "urban" university but a nice school.

GolfNut57

Doesn't seem to be helping at WMS. Isn't that course closed on game days?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: jesterzzn on January 27, 2015, 11:45:52 am

Yep.  The renderings look terrible.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 27, 2015, 07:21:15 pm
And about 59,000 of them commute.  Maybe not that much but a LOT of them do. It is a typical "urban" university but a nice school.

Anyone here ever visited the UCF campus?  I have and it's not "Urban" and essentially it is the most massive university campus I've ever been to.   They have many on-campus dorms and Greek houses.   Simply put, UCF a city unto itself on the outskirts of Orlando.
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 28, 2015, 07:52:35 am
Anyone here ever visited the UCF campus?  I have and it's not "Urban" and essentially it is the most massive university campus I've ever been to.   They have many on-campus dorms and Greek houses.   Simply put, UCF a city unto itself on the outskirts of Orlando.

Of course I've been there otherwise I wouldn't have said that. Yes it is on the "outskirts" of Orlando and a big campus. It has to be with 60,000 students. Therefore they also must have a lot of on campus housing. However that doesn't mean that most don't commute. It is an urban type atmosphere with a lot of commuters but like I said nice school.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

twistitup