Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K.J. Hill or not, Arkansas poised for big things this upcoming season

Started by SECisKing, January 26, 2015, 10:47:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SECisKing

Hogville, what up, my peeps? Just wanted to thank you guys for all the love on the Enos article I wrote on Friday, which was a spur of the moment piece, and I wanted to direct y'all to the piece that was originally supposed to come out on Friday about the K.J. Hill situation and how it pertains to the offense.

I can't babysit this particular article like I love to do, so I will have check back at a later time period to see if my folks checked it out.

Special thanks to those who checked me out in the two radio spots, 93.3's Game On (Friday) and the Morning Rush (this morning) I did behind the Enos piece. I should be making an appearance on the Hogcast sometime soon, too.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/k-j-hill-arkansas-poised-big-things-upcoming-season/

SEC writer/analysis for Saturday Down South
Co-host of "Ball Hawg" radio podcast
Twitter: @MurfBaldwin

OneTuskOverTheLine™

"...Don't Be That Person

It's totally understandable the passion most fans have for their beloved program, after all, football is the greatest sport on earth (no, not Fútbol), but direct that fervor toward rooting for your team and don't take your anguish out on some poor 18-year-old kid.

Listening to sports talk radio, and reading message boards, is downright sickening these days as it pertains to Hill's decommitment. Yeah it can be perturbing that a potential homegrown superstar may play for a conference rival; I get that.

But wishing ill will on him and his family is just flat-out silly, especially for an adult (or child for that matter). Put yourself in his family's shoes; can you imagine the amount of pressure being heaped upon them?

Wishing him good luck in his journey and telling him you hope he changes his mind seems like a more appropriate way to handle the situation.

Just because he decommitted doesn't mean he has officially signed with anyone else. He may be weighing his options as it's the biggest decision he may ever make, and he may just be a Hog when it's all said and done with.

And if he isn't, Arkansas will continue its rapid ascension back to prominence...one way or another."

Well said Murph... Man, I'm so glad you bring us your insight. +1
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

TexArkHogFan

There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

younghog

GO HOGS

hoglady

Listened to you this morning on the "Morning Rush".
Nice job.
Agree with your article 1000%.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

rhog1

Another Great read from you. I absolutely agree one wide receiver no matter how talented is not going to make or break our season next year.  I would love to have K.J. be a hog but if he chooses to go elsewhere then good luck to him in every game except against Arkansas.

gmarv

another good read.couldn,t agree more on the comments about fans and recruits,lots of comments should be thought about before its put out for the world to see.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 26, 2015, 11:04:12 am
"...Don't Be That Person

It's totally understandable the passion most fans have for their beloved program, after all, football is the greatest sport on earth (no, not Fútbol), but direct that fervor toward rooting for your team and don't take your anguish out on some poor 18-year-old kid.

Listening to sports talk radio, and reading message boards, is downright sickening these days as it pertains to Hill's decommitment. Yeah it can be perturbing that a potential homegrown superstar may play for a conference rival; I get that.

But wishing ill will on him and his family is just flat-out silly, especially for an adult (or child for that matter). Put yourself in his family's shoes; can you imagine the amount of pressure being heaped upon them?

Wishing him good luck in his journey and telling him you hope he changes his mind seems like a more appropriate way to handle the situation.

Just because he decommitted doesn't mean he has officially signed with anyone else. He may be weighing his options as it's the biggest decision he may ever make, and he may just be a Hog when it's all said and done with.

And if he isn't, Arkansas will continue its rapid ascension back to prominence...one way or another."

Well said Murph... Man, I'm so glad you bring us your insight. +1
Some very sage advise for not only the Hill situation but for any kid who might decide to decommit in the future. We all have to realize that whether or not we like and/or agree with where a young man decides to play in college, it is HIS decision. He has to live his life AND live with his decision(s), right or wrong.

DeltaBoy

Great reading that.  I sure hope that kid comes up to the Hill.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Kevin

don't care either way. the program moves forward. tired of all the begging being done on this kid
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

snoblind

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

LRRandy

Quote from: code red on January 26, 2015, 11:57:47 am
I personally hope we throw less next year.
if they throw less next year it means an uptick in running game efficiency. When everyone knows you are running the ball on 3rd and 3 or 4th and 2 and you make it.
This is fun, isn't it.

Hogswarts

Great article. I agree either way I don't think it affects us much this year.

SECisKing

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 26, 2015, 11:42:40 am
And another +1 for Murph.

Didn't know what exactly what you meant by +1, but then I see that -3 and I put 2 and 2 together lol. Can't front, I hate those type of things as they are anonymous. If someone didn't like something I said, why not just address or confront me on it, you feel me PorkRinds?

But they will sit back, hate and give out anonymous numbers like a housewife or something...smh

Back to business, I believe there is a ton of talent already on the team in regard to how the scheme is predicated. Gotta develop who you have, ya know?

Hoggish1

Good stuff and good advise on Hill.  It's his life...

I've got enough faith in our coaches to be comfortable with what they will do with out talent, which is considerable.

PorkRinds

Quote from: SECisKing on January 26, 2015, 12:52:53 pm
Didn't know what exactly what you meant by +1, but then I see that -3 and I put 2 and 2 together lol. Can't front, I hate those type of things as they are anonymous. If someone didn't like something I said, why not just address or confront me on it, you feel me PorkRinds?

But they will sit back, hate and give out anonymous numbers like a housewife or something...smh

Back to business, I believe there is a ton of talent already on the team in regard to how the scheme is predicated. Gotta develop who you have, ya know?

Just for the record, that doesn't mean I gave you an applaud.  I usually don't mess with that function on this forum.  Some folks do get bent out of shape about it though.  For me, +1 just means basically I'm in agreement and giving you props for your take on things.  You'll even see some say +1000 when they REALLY agree.  It's just internet jargon.  But I wouldn't worry about your smite count.  There are a few random folks here who don't like CBB, so you getting some smites for thinking he's going to be really successful here could have earned those. 

SECisKing

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 26, 2015, 01:02:59 pm
Just for the record, that doesn't mean I gave you an applaud.  I usually don't mess with that function on this forum.  Some folks do get bent out of shape about it though.  For me, +1 just means basically I'm in agreement and giving you props for your take on things.  You'll even see some say +1000 when they REALLY agree.  It's just internet jargon.  But I wouldn't worry about your smite count.  There are a few random folks here who don't like CBB, so you getting some smites for thinking he's going to be really successful here could have earned those.

lol if you don't like Coach BB and don't think he's going to be successful, make it known. Don't hide and hate..

SECisKing

SoCal Hog

Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: SECisKing on January 26, 2015, 01:13:16 pm
lol if you don't like Coach BB and don't think he's going to be successful, make it known. Don't hide and hate..

Oh they do, trust me. Hence the Nutt 2.0, gonna gut the program like Hatfield comments we see from time to time. You have to see the game threads to get a real appreciation for who these guys are.
This is my non-signature signature.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 26, 2015, 02:46:17 pm
Oh they do, trust me. Hence the Nutt 2.0, gonna gut the program like Hatfield comments we see from time to time. You have to see the game threads to get a real appreciation for who these guys are.

This.

Sivad

Quote from: SECisKing on January 26, 2015, 10:47:32 am
Hogville, what up, my peeps? Just wanted to thank you guys...
Thank YOU Murf for the well crafted article.

Poker_hog

I think he's a solid recruit but he's not going to come in next year and be a game changer.  He's ranked anywhere from 15-21 at his position. He'd be a nice addition to this class but not a must get
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

SECisKing

Quote from: SoCal Hog on January 26, 2015, 02:33:40 pm
Great article, Murf. I really appreciate your insights.

It's all good, So Cal Hog. The feeling is mutual for the majority of this board. A lot of knowledgable posters in Hogville.

razorbackkid

Another good read Murf.  Looking forward to N.S.D. and spring football.

+1
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 26, 2015, 02:46:17 pm

Yep they scurry around in the shadows until we have a loss then they pounce. Until we win a game and back into the shadows they go.

What kills me is there were several who didn't like CBB from the start. And that is fine. HV is for stating your opinion. Today some of them have manned up and admit they like the direction we are going in. The others hide in the shadows to feminine to give Coach the kudos he deserves. Speaks volumes to the character of these people.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Pork Twain

If only Robert Shields would take some pointers from you and Jim Harris
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HogNdazs

+1 very nice and understandable. I just hope we have a good balanced we can do whatever offense, starting with running of course.

Agree with everything but the Futbol comment, I mean it is the most popular sport on earth if you are counting numbers ha ha.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: HogNdazs on January 27, 2015, 08:45:08 am
+1 very nice and understandable. I just hope we have a good balanced we can do whatever offense, starting with running of course.

Agree with everything but the Futbol comment, I mean it is the most popular sport on earth if you are counting numbers ha ha.
Haven't you figured out this is uh-merica, us uh-mericans don't care what the rest of them there communists are doin with their soccer and their scores 1-nil

toshortrock

don;t get me wrong,,i want Hill as a hawg,,if he wants to hit the road,,hit it,i b fine,now if he was a big ol DT tat clogs up the middle and takes about 3 offensive players to block him,,or if he;s a can;t miss quarterback that we need to throw the dang ball,,i b crying,,but we;re loaded at the tight end spot and i will b fine,WPS
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

hogcard1964

Quote from: Poker_hog on January 26, 2015, 03:18:52 pm
I think he's a solid recruit but he's not going to come in next year and be a game changer.  He's ranked anywhere from 15-21 at his position. He'd be a nice addition to this class but not a must get

+1000

PorkRinds

Quote from: toshortrock on January 27, 2015, 09:33:03 am
don;t get me wrong,,i want Hill as a hawg,,if he wants to hit the road,,hit it,i b fine,now if he was a big ol DT tat clogs up the middle and takes about 3 offensive players to block him,,or if he;s a can;t miss quarterback that we need to throw the dang ball,,i b crying,,but we;re loaded at the tight end spot and i will b fine,WPS

Somewhere, an English teacher is crying uncontrollably. 

PonderinHog

The_Iceman

SECisKing

Hey guys, wanted to give you all a heads up that I'll be appearing on the best show in Arkansas, by far, 93.3's Game On, again, today at 12:30 Arkansas time to talk about this K.J. Hill article...

Thanks to everyone that read it, sorry I didn't have the time to chop it up with everyone as I'm a lot busier during the week than on Fridays...

WPS, my friends.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: SECisKing on January 27, 2015, 10:36:14 am
Hey guys, wanted to give you all a heads up that I'll be appearing on the best show in Arkansas, by far, 93.3's Game On, again, today at 12:30 Arkansas time to talk about this K.J. Hill article...

Thanks to everyone that read it, sorry I didn't have the time to chop it up with everyone as I'm a lot busier during the week than on Fridays...

WPS, my friends.

Good for you!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogMantheIntruder

Gave Murph his 100th applaud.  I'm totally making this a life event on FB!
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

TrueBlue

OLDHOG

Great read. Heard u on game on today. Keep bringing it Murf. Love your stuff.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: toshortrock on January 27, 2015, 09:33:03 am

Holy punctuation, Batman.

SECisKing

Quote from: OLDHOG on January 27, 2015, 02:31:40 pm
Great read. Heard u on game over today. Keep bringing it Murf. Love your stuff.

I got you, Old Hog! I'l keep bringing it as long as you Hogs want me to. Thanks for the read, my man.