Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OC and his influence on the 2-Deep

Started by Lake City Hog, January 25, 2015, 03:30:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lake City Hog

How much influence will the OC have on our offensive 2-deep?
O'Line--I figure Pittman will decide on the O'Line pretty much on his own. BB might make some suggestions?

R'Backs-- Does Thomas make this call on his own or does BB "help" him? I'm sure that certain sets might be better suited to 1 RB over the other.

T'Ends-- Lunney or by formation?

Q'Backs-- OC all the way??

W'Receivers-- Smith or by formation or will the OC have a hand in setting the WR rotation?

Will the OC have a hand in choosing all of the starters on O, all skill players, all receivers+ QB's or just the QB? I hope that he has a major influence on who plays when on all of the "skill" positions. Since he is calling the plays on knows what to expect from the play I think he should have a great deal of input on the guys that have to execute the play.

Inhogswetrust

Let me get this straight......We hire an OC to RUN the offense and you want to know if the money we pay him will be used for him to do something that is obviously within his job description.........................that is to coordinate the offense.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Tim Harris

I would say every assistant has influence on the 2 deep but ultimately Bielema has the final say.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 25, 2015, 03:36:25 pm
Let me get this straight......We hire an OC to RUN the offense and you want to know if the money we pay him will be used for him to do something that is obviously within his job description.........................that is to coordinate the offense.
I'd hate to think that a new offensive coordinator would come in and start meddling with the offense.

Seebs

I'd like $550K to simply make a few suggestions and be a yes man.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

tophawg19

the OC will have the say in running the offense and players . he knows who can and can't run his offense . He's not going to use players who can't run his plays
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 25, 2015, 04:34:56 pm
I would say every assistant has influence on the 2 deep but ultimately Bielema has the final say.

As it should be.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 25, 2015, 04:37:55 pm
I'd hate to think that a new offensive coordinator would come in and start meddling with the offense.

And I'd hate to think someone would take a job, not review what's happened before, think there could be some things that should be different, talk it over with his boss and then not change things that they thought would make it better. That means that usually there is always some percentage of "meddling".

tophawg19

the offense will have his stamp on it. it's his job on the line if it doesn't work. he didn't leave a H/C job with most of his team returning to come here without being given a freedom to run the offense his way
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Razorbacker79

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 25, 2015, 04:37:55 pm
ROFL ;D ;D Funniest thing I've read on here in a while.  Might want to put a /sarcasm tag on it tho...
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

Lake City Hog

trust, I'm simply asking if you think that he will have the ability to over-ride a position coach on who should be starting. Even someone as dumb as me knows that the OC co-ordinates the offense, but I do appreciate you pointing it out to me rather than actually contributing anything to the thread.

My point was that I thought that in more than a few situations during the season we might have had personnel better suited for the play on the sidelines. And, was that due to a position coach or the OC. But you go ahead and feel free to play Captain Obvious!

Pork Twain

This thread has a lot of wow in it.

Does any position coach have the ability to override the coordinator and would any HC allow it?  Talk about undermining a person's authority.  That being said, I am sure they will all sit down and discuss it and come to an agreement that puts our best players on the field and gives us the best chance to win.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 25, 2015, 04:34:56 pm
Go Hogs Go!

Uncommon

I will be interested to see what our "base" offensive formation is this season under Enos.

For the 2013 season, it was 1 FB (Kiero Small), 2 WR (Keon Hatcher and Javontee Herndon), and 1 TE (Hunter Henry).

For the 2014 season, it was 0 FB, 2 WR (Keon Hatcher and Demetrius Wilson), and 2 TE (AJ Derby and Hunter Henry).

PonderinHog

Quote from: Razorbacker79 on January 25, 2015, 08:14:07 pm
ROFL ;D ;D Funniest thing I've read on here in a while.  Might want to put a /sarcasm tag on it tho...
I thought it was fairly obvious.  8)