Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battle Line Rivalry Trophy

Started by osumed14, January 25, 2015, 09:23:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

osumed14

I read the trophy was handed out to Mizzou at halftime of the basketball game (which makes our win all the more sweet).  Any one ever actually see a pic of it?  Sorry if this has already been asked and post before. 

770john111

The real Hogules

Yaaaaaaawn, this contrived "rivalry" really doesn't feel
like a rivalry game.
I consider LSU, or A&M more of an actual rival than I do Missouri.
Of course I want to beat Missouri, but it doesn't hold any special meaning for me personally, other than a conference victory.
Our other 6 SEC-W brethren have a "divisional" opponent as their rivalry game, while we're playing an SEC-E member for our alleged rivalry game.
Maybe someday It'll feel like a border feud, but ATM it's just another conference game to this Hog fan.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Arkansas Fan

A trophy isn't needed. It's just another game.

hawg IQ

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on January 25, 2015, 09:51:05 am
A trophy isn't needed. It's just another game.

should be  a "battle line interstate not determined" or referenced.  Or just " BLIND REF" trophy?
go hogs go !

TeedupHigh

Battle line what?  What the heck is a Battle line Rivalry Trophy?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 770john111 on January 25, 2015, 09:31:11 am
Mine mine mine

I hope you don't do anything stupid to get deleted.. I love your cray cray ways dawg..! +1
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 25, 2015, 09:32:33 am
Yaaaaaaawn, this contrived "rivalry" really doesn't feel
like a rivalry game.
I consider LSU, or A&M more of an actual rival than I do Missouri.
Of course I want to beat Missouri, but it doesn't hold any special meaning for me personally, other than a conference victory.
Our other 6 SEC-W brethren have a "divisional" opponent as their rivalry game, while we're playing an SEC-E member for our alleged rivalry game.
Maybe someday It'll feel like a border feud, but ATM it's just another conference game to this Hog fan.

You awake yet..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

SquidBilly

The trophy was a hot plate and a case of Sudafed.  I suspect since ya'll won it this year it will be used up by the time next year's game rolls around.

rljjr

I thought it was tinfoil with a lighter on top

The real Hogules

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 25, 2015, 10:49:06 am
You awake yet..?

Almost, I'm at work with a trainee, so he's doing the majority of the work.
It makes for a loooong, but easy day.

BearsBisonsBoars

My wife has some family from Misery. I can't stand those people - talk about arrogant and conceited! They brag about everything. So you can imagine what happened after the game last year. It's insufferable past the descriptive capacity of the English language.  :puke:

I've gotten to the point that I don't care about LSU or 'Bama or even Texas ( ::hornsdown::) I just want to beat Mizzou.

I want to beat them so badly that they shut their program down. I want to kick their asses so hard they change their mascot to a tube of BenGay. I want us to wreck them so completely that congress revokes their statehood.

But that's just me and my issues. I understand why no one else considers it a rivalry.

Wooderson

I can understand the A&M sentiment, but LSU has turned their nose up at us like you guys are mizzou. The fact is over the past decade missou has been a better program. Foolish to look down on them.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Wooderson on January 25, 2015, 03:14:12 pm
I can understand the A&M sentiment, but LSU has turned their nose up at us like you guys are mizzou. The fact is over the past decade missou has been a better program. Foolish to look down on them.

Rivalries are chosen by players and fans. Not by conferences and networks.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

redeye

Quote from: osumed14 on January 25, 2015, 09:23:12 am
I read the trophy was handed out to Mizzou at halftime of the basketball game (which makes our win all the more sweet).  Any one ever actually see a pic of it?  Sorry if this has already been asked and post before.

Apparently the answer is NO.

longpig

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on January 25, 2015, 03:48:35 pm
Rivalries are chosen by players and fans. Not by conferences and networks.
true, rivalries develop or they don't. You can't just make a trophy and call it a rivalry.
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 25, 2015, 11:58:20 am
My wife has some family from Misery. I can't stand those people - talk about arrogant and conceited! They brag about everything. So you can imagine what happened after the game last year. It's insufferable past the descriptive capacity of the English language.  :puke:

I've gotten to the point that I don't care about LSU or 'Bama or even Texas ( ::hornsdown::) I just want to beat Mizzou.

I want to beat them so badly that they shut their program down. I want to kick their asses so hard they change their mascot to a tube of BenGay. I want us to wreck them so completely that congress revokes their statehood.

But that's just me and my issues. I understand why no one else considers it a rivalry.
feel your pain, had to move to Missouri a few years ago, and am counting the days till I leave.
Don't be scared, be smart.

acepoker

It's not turning our nose up to misery it is just we don't care. We have played them what 5-6 times during the regular season. It just doesn't do it for us. Their program being better than our the last decade doesn't make them a rival.

Hogfaniam

:puke:

[attachment deleted by admin]
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

LittlePigMan

That thing makes "The Boot" look downright handsome.

Hog N Bama

Please tell me that's not a Shelter Insurance logo on that "trophy"  :puke:

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Hog N Bama on January 25, 2015, 06:04:26 pm

And lie...never

Hogimus Prime

The Battle Rivalry and trophy thing is mother trucking stupid.  It sounds like something mid major would do to get on ESPNU.  You can't force a rivalry. It has to happen naturally. Bama and Auburn cause they are both good and in the same state and other interstate rivalries like Ole Miss vs Missisppi State, Oregeon and Orgeon State, Oklahoma andOSU and even some of those are lopsided wins and losses wise. Then you have tOSU and Michigan cause for years there was conference and national championship hopes on the line.  You can't slap a corporate sponsor's name on a trophy and call it a rivalry.

imtad16

A sponsors logo should never be the center piece of a trophy. It will look really lame if/when Shelter is no longer the sponsor. The Boot is much much better. The boot has a timeless look. You immediately date the trophy (and not in a good historic way, but in a bad outdated commercial way) when sponsors become part of the trophy. Imagine if Dapper Dan had a giant logo on the Paul Bunyan's Axe trophy. I mean I get it I guess, both University's need streams of revenue, but in the words of Tom Jackson... "COME ON MAN!!!"

rhames

Pretty sure that is just a temp trophy
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hawgcaller

Its a meaningless advertisement for an insurance company and not worth the trouble. That Shelter logo turns me off, even if there really was a rivalry.

imtad16

Quote from: rhames on January 25, 2015, 06:30:01 pm
Pretty sure that is just a temp trophy

Good. I hope you are right.

MemphisBossHog

I think that is a good point.  I dont get the impression that LSU gives a rat's arse about the Golden Boot.  They wanted to have their game with A$M be the game after Thanksgiving and punt us.   They (LSU) dont see us as their rival. 

We dont see Missouri as our rival even though they have beaten us in basketball and football. 

I do, however, see the Missouri/Arkansas series really heating up as we will be going up against them for several players.  It got heated just a couple years ago with the DGB saga and we werent even playing them yet. Arkansas looks down on Missouri because we have been in the SEC and Missouri just came in and went to the much easier East side.  Missouri looks down on Arkansas because they have won 2 SEC East titles and have beaten us in football and that's about it.  Missouri is arrogant in football for what reason I really dont know.  They have a nice record recently, but its not like they have been going to BCS bowls or being constantly in the top 10 of the rankings.  They just look down on Arkansas I guess because they are just arrogant folks.

But anyway, I can see this series in both basketball and football really getting heated. I really just dont think the fan bases like each other at all.

jry04

I was at the game, so I saw it. It was the state of Missouri in gold on top of the state of Arkansas in red, and on the front of the trophy where the two states meet it had the battle line rivalry logo.

Edit: i did not read the entire thread before posting. I just saw pictures were posted. That is the trophy that was presented yesterday, too.

Vildsvin

Quote from: jry04 on January 25, 2015, 07:11:26 pm
I was at the game, so I saw it. It was the state of Missouri in gold on top of the state of Arkansas in red, and on the front of the trophy where the two states meet it had the battle line rivalry logo.

Edit: i did not read the entire thread before posting. I just saw pictures were posted. That is the trophy that was presented yesterday, too.

This being the case.. that trophy is absolutely atrocious. I vote when we win, we allow Mizzou to take that ugly thing back home with them. Either that or we just throw it in the dumpster. That thing has no business is any legitimate trophy case.

Vildsvin

It's going to be so embarrassing to see our guys hoist this thing. I honestly hope they dont.. just let shelter insurance get their contractually agreed air time and then throw a tarp over it and wheel it back to the boiler room where it can sit until next year.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Vildsvin on January 25, 2015, 07:34:37 pm
It's going to be so embarrassing to see our guys hoist this thing. I honestly hope they dont.. just let shelter insurance get their contractually agreed air time and then throw a tarp over it and wheel it back to the boiler room where it can sit until next year.

Who is the "official" insurer of the Razorbacks?

immahog

When we win next year they can keep that trash
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogfaniam on January 25, 2015, 07:37:23 pm
Who is the "official" insurer of the Razorbacks?

I'm not sure BUT if the backdrops behind the coaches during Press Conferences is any indication I'd say Farm Bureau.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jswineberiaskirk

All Missourians look at Arkansans as a bunch of toothless hillbillies. Even the ones that live just across the border from me. I hope we destroy them the way Nolan used to do.

The real Hogules

Quote from: Vildsvin on January 25, 2015, 07:34:37 pm
Maybe they can break from tradition and MAKE the losing team hoist the trophy?

😳

TrueBlue

That thing is cheesy - we don't need that in our trophy case.

Vildsvin

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 25, 2015, 07:50:50 pm

😳

Theres a great idea!

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 25, 2015, 07:49:31 pm
I'm not sure BUT if the backdrops behind the coaches during Press Conferences is any indication I'd say Farm Bureau.

Probably.

Those things are embarrassing how they are put up on the road.  I swear I saw it one time that duct tape, electrical tape and masking tape was holding it to the wall.  You would think they would have a folding backdrop screen for the road.

redeye

Truth is that a real rivalry doesn't need a trophy, but why should we care if others wanna push the game as rivalry?  It's added exposure for us, so don't be dumb and complain about it.

WhatsitHOGabout

This is BS!  Shelter Insurance Trophy.

I as a lifelong Hog fan hate this!

What is a battle line anyway?

Contrived corporate BS!

Vildsvin

Quote from: WhatsitHOGabout on January 25, 2015, 09:31:04 pm
This is BS!  Shelter Insurance Trophy.

I as a lifelong Hog fan hate this!

What is a battle line anyway?

Contrived corporate BS!

Should be called the Shelter Insurance Corporate Sell-out rivalry. Maybe for the game, we can replace the  :razorback: on the side of our helmets with a Shelter Insurance logo

TomasPistola

What idiot made that ridiculous trophy?
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Vildsvin

Quote from: TomasPistola on January 25, 2015, 09:57:33 pm

Someone sitting in a cubicle at the Shelter corporate headquarters in Colombia, MO. They probably got a raise for it too.

cosmodrum

Quote from: TomasPistola on January 25, 2015, 09:57:33 pm

Whoever their version of David Bazzell is
Go away, batin'

Hogimus Prime

The Shelter Insurance Battle Line Rivalry followed by Noah's Arcades Wayne's World

Razorbacker79

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 25, 2015, 07:50:50 pm
Sounds like a good idea at first but I don't want it in our trophy case, win or lose, as long as it's focused on a corporate logo and has that stupid name.  Only place it belongs is in the trash.
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

razorback44

"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

greenie

That's not a trophy, it's a Shelter Insurance billboard.
If we're going to have a "trophy game", as CBB calls it, then it should have a trophy!  Something like the Boot, or the Stanley Cup, or whatever.  It needs to look like a trophy.
This rivalry is starting out bad.