WardamnHOGGLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTx8DQQeowk

Casey at the 1:03 mark laying the wood for DMC
#sacrifice for the team

JRHoward

Prayers for Casey.  Hope you are feeling better soon!   :razorback:
Woooo Pig!

Doug

Quote from: rusvegashogCurious as to why he's in Rogers? He coaches in Texas.
I believe that he relocated back to NWA to join the coaching staff at a HS.

Casey took a LOT of flak from several people in Nutt's later years... especially through the Mustain era. Almost all of it was undeserved (gee, sounds like Brandon Allen's situation).

While not an NFL caliber QB, the fact of the matter is that he was (and IS) a workhorse. VERY dependable, worked hard and was respected by many. He just got a bum rap (unfairly at times).

I, too, hope he can pull out of this and get back on track with his coaching career.

And yes, his LSU hit is quite possibly one of the most memorable moments in Razorback CFB history ever. The way he laid out LSU's Safety #3 Chad Jones was beyond incredible.

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Doug on January 25, 2015, 09:11:12 am

Casey took a LOT of flak from several people in Nutt's later years... especially through the Mustain era. Almost all of it was undeserved (gee, sounds like Brandon Allen's situation).

While not an NFL caliber QB, the fact of the matter is that he was (and IS) a workhorse. VERY dependable, worked hard and was respected by many. He just got a bum rap (unfairly at times).

I, too, hope he can pull out of this and get back on track with his coaching career.

And yes, his LSU hit is quite possibly one of the most memorable moments in Razorback CFB history ever. The way he laid out LSU's Safety #3 Chad Jones was beyond incredible.

Thanks for that.  Hadn't seen it in awhile. 

flagstaffhog

Dang. I hope Casey gets better soon.
Go HOGS Go!

Ragnar Hogbrok

I like to think that DMac yelled to Casey, "Casey!  Get this fool!"

DMac wouldn't have scored on that play without that block.  It was awesome

I hope Casey recovers and recovers quickly.  He is a great Razorback and one of the best Rocky-esk stories with his winning TD pass against LSU.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Hope he gets better, prayers sent.

Thanks for the video, had forgotten about that hit.

hoglady

Casey always got blamed for the ineptitude of Houston Nutt's offense.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Pudgepork

Prayers going out.   Thanks Mike Irwin for keeping us updated

HF#1

Really hope the best for him.  His last pass as a Razorback is still one of my all time favorite plays. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Hogs GoneWild on January 24, 2015, 07:24:25 pm
That's concerning. Unless it's the result of trauma, pericardial effusions are usually the result of systemic illness such has cancer, autoimmune disease, or severe infections.
you might want to hold off on the dire predictions here...many more reasons exist than you listed...and some are not that bad...so let's wait and see....but more importantly offer up a prayer to the Great Physician to whom no illness is beyond cure
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

DeltaBoy

Prayers sent for Casey and thank Mike Irwin for the update.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

The way he laid out LSU's Safety #3 Chad Jones was beyond incredible.

I bet Chad Jones counts Arkansas as a rival... LOL..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Großer Kriegschwein

Missing audio, let me fill in the gaps."

"Come in zah here."

"Nein!!"
This is my non-signature signature.

DeltaBoy

Casey laid a lick on that Tiger.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

rmcchris

Prayer for Casey and his family.  Get well soon!

Wild Bill Hog

Hogfaniam

Quote from: GirlHog on January 26, 2015, 02:30:18 pm
Darren could have quite possibly said something like that to Casey. Notice how Casey is running and looking to his right, then all of a sudden, he looks left and knocks the defender for a loop.  Thanks, Doug, for posting the video. Made my day! Casey, get well quickly. We need more alums like you spreading Hog love!

I swear it looks like DMac looked towards CD and pointed over his shoulder with his right.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

SquidBilly

Quote from: Hogfaniam on January 26, 2015, 02:58:55 pm
I swear it looks like DMac looked towards CD and pointed over his shoulder with his right.

Yeah and it even looks like he says something.

mhuff

Prayers for a speedy recovery and excellent care.

jboro-hog

Get well soon Casey. Will be praying for you.

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Hope he makes a full recovery, he's way too young for that. I had something similar in Nov. 2011, was told I had a heart attack. The tests showed congestive heart failure.

I thought I was dying maybe. The heart cath procedure showed no heart problems, not even arterial blockage. It turned out to be a severe infection that caused the fluid buildup.

Taking those water pills, urinating every 5 minutes, etc was miserable. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Prayers for Casey.
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

WarPig88

Praying for a speedy recovery and no lasting harm.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on January 26, 2015, 09:10:57 pm
Hope he makes a full recovery, he's way too young for that. I had something similar in Nov. 2011, was told I had a heart attack. The tests showed congestive heart failure.

I thought I was dying maybe. The heart cath procedure showed no heart problems, not even arterial blockage. It turned out to be a severe infection that caused the fluid buildup.

Taking those water pills, urinating every 5 minutes, etc was miserable. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Prayers for Casey.
be thankful your kidneys performed well and also remember them darn pills likely saved your bo-hiney....pissing more often each day is nothing compared to pushing up daisies all day long
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

urkillnmesmalls

Man, I hope he's OK.  I know a lot of people have forgotten, but Casey was a gamer.  TW took some unbelievable hits, but Casey took his share too, and he just kept getting up and trying again.  HDN really never gave him much of a chance to succeed, but with just a single year under BP's system, he looked like a different QB.  I always had a lot of respect for him.  I remember him taking over the QB position at a time when we really didn't have anyone that showed much promise, and he really played hard and gave it 110%.   

I hope there's no lingering issues from his condition, and he's back up and at it in no time.  Best wishes Casey. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 26, 2015, 11:50:37 pm
Man, I hope he's OK.  I know a lot of people have forgotten, but Casey was a gamer.  TW took some unbelievable hits, but Casey took his share too, and he just kept getting up and trying again.  HDN really never gave him much of a chance to succeed, but with just a single year under BP's system, he looked like a different QB.  I always had a lot of respect for him.  I remember him taking over the QB position at a time when we really didn't have anyone that showed much promise, and he really played hard and gave it 110%.   

I hope there's no lingering issues from his condition, and he's back up and at it in no time.  Best wishes Casey. 

Yep CBP made Casey look All SEC!

1hogfan

Hoggy Bear

The last I heard is that they have moved Casey to Baylor Medical Center in Dallas for further tests.

1hogfan

Wow!  I had not heard that. Thanks. I will continue praying.

Waldron_Hog

With a wife that hot, a high heart rate is not that unexpected.

rusvegashog

Well said +a million couldn't have said it much better. That's why for so many folks like me he's such an endearing figure in Razorback history. Get well soon Casey.

kdwatki

Heard he was released from the Rogers hospital early this week and chose to go to Baylor Medical for some further test which will be done later in the week.  Sounds like he is in good hands there.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: kdwatki on January 27, 2015, 09:24:59 pm
Heard he was released from the Rogers hospital early this week and chose to go to Baylor Medical for some further test which will be done later in the week.  Sounds like he is in good hands there.

That is good news.

Arkfan

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 24, 2015, 07:30:18 pm
Just because:

http://youtu.be/3x6jvbLBHvs

I remember the play but had forgotten it was 4th and 1!

Thanks for the memory Casey and get better soon!

Vantage 8 dude

Casey quarterbacked us to some great victories. Now it's time for the "great physician" to lead him to a complete recovery! Get well soon CD.

jgphillips3

Prayers for Casey.  If he had 4 years under Petrino instead of the QB killah who knows how well he might be remembered.  As it is, I still am thankful for what he gave us during his career.  All Hog was he!

phadedhawg

Casey won't be defeated in this.  The man is all heart.  One of my all time fav hogs.  He put up with so much but he always kept his chin up. 

Sir Oinksalot

...Casey became the tip of the spear for the Nutt hate and he had to craw through foul smelling stench only to come out clean on the other side.
On his last play as a collegian he threw the winning touchdown pass against our arch rival as time elapsed...

W O W .... well done Casey, you finished a winner and a hero ---  ALL PROPS TO YOU...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

10thPlanet

Keep getting well Casey! Prayers!

rcopela

Update on Casey Dick...we just finished talking to Dr. Woolbert and he let us know that Casey's heart, muscles and valves were not damaged by the pericardial effusion!! This is great news for us!! He also let us know that he thinks this is an isolated incident so we shouldn't have to worry anymore! We have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow and if there is no fluid then we will be headed home! Again, we are so thankful for all of our family and friends and for all of the support and prayers! We serve an awesome God!!!

This was posted by Felicia, Casey's wife:

younghog

good news..

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME
GO HOGS

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hawg IQ

Quote from: rcopela on January 29, 2015, 08:07:36 am
Update on Casey Dick...we just finished talking to Dr. Woolbert and he let us know that Casey's heart, muscles and valves were not damaged by the pericardial effusion!! This is great news for us!! He also let us know that he thinks this is an isolated incident so we shouldn't have to worry anymore! We have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow and if there is no fluid then we will be headed home! Again, we are so thankful for all of our family and friends and for all of the support and prayers! We serve an awesome God!!!

Excellent news, God is good !
go hogs go !

DeltaBoy

Praise the Lord and God be with you and Casey during this Felicia.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

hoglady

Wonderful news!!
Casey is one of my all time favorite Razorbacks.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hog Fan from Camden

Good to hear this!