Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Casey Dick in hospital....

Started by StoernerJonesFan, January 24, 2015, 06:44:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

StoernerJonesFan

Saw on Twitter that he was at Mercy hospital in Rogers with fluid build up around his heart.

https://twitter.com/ArRazorhog/status/559113158586281985?s=09

secfan30

WardamnHOGGLE

Prayers sent.  Geez, what the heck?

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Dillar Dog

No bueno.  Hope he gets well soon.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Hogs GoneWild

That's concerning. Unless it's the result of trauma, pericardial effusions are usually the result of systemic illness such has cancer, autoimmune disease, or severe infections.

TexHog188

My mother died from this, so I know first hand it can be serious business.  Prayers for you Casey and family.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Dillar Dog

forrest city joe

Sorry to hear this. he will be in my prayers. hope he will be ok.

Razorback Pastor

My goodness! He is in my prayers!

oldfart

man that is serious.... get well soon casey!! you gave your heart to the razorback program

Cave City Joe

Prayers with the Dick family.  Hope everything goes well.
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

Steef

Pigsknuckles

Oh my...Casey Dick / London Crawford. What a stellar memory. God bless you Casey. Tell us about that moment when they let you out. :)

P.S. Far and away. My best memory of Razorback history.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

rhog1

hawg IQ

Quote from: StoernerJonesFan on January 24, 2015, 06:44:31 pm
Saw on Twitter that he was at Mercy hospital in Rogers with fluid build up around his heart.

https://twitter.com/ArRazorhog/status/559113158586281985?s=09

Prayers sent ! Very serious and he needs hog fans praying for him.
go hogs go !

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 24, 2015, 08:01:15 pm
Oh my...Casey Dick / London Crawford. What a stellar memory. God bless you Casey. Tell us about that moment when they let you out. :)

P.S. Far and away. My best memory of Razorback history.

Watching his reaction is the best part.  Excitement then realizing he just did something that will live forever. 

I'd love to hear it in his words over a beer.  Get well, big guy.

Hoggish1

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

Danimal

Always a team player. Thoughts and prayers.

rusvegashog

Truly one of my favorite student athletes to ever represent the Razorbacks in any sport. Just a first class individual. I have no doubt that whatever the diagnosis is, it's in for a fight from him. My prayers.

rusvegashog

Curious as to why he's in Rogers? He coaches in Texas.

RazorBassin

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

hoglady

Man, hate to hear that - prayers go out for a speedy recovery.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

reddogjcss

Paul

Quote from: Hogs GoneWild on January 24, 2015, 07:24:25 pm
That's concerning. Unless it's the result of trauma, pericardial effusions are usually the result of systemic illness such has cancer, autoimmune disease, or severe infections.
. Not rare for otherwise healthy young adults to have this secondary to a viral infection.  Mainly treatment is supportive.  It can be very serious however.

26.2Hog

Ongoing prayers for Casey and his loved ones.

Hawghiggs

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

sowmonella

Prayers for a speedy recovery. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Mike Irwin

We just got a text message back from him. He says he's doing okay. Had a high heartbeat for a while.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Rzbakfromwaybak

Very sorry to hear this, hope there is a speedy recovery.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

hawg IQ

Quote from: rusvegashog on January 24, 2015, 08:54:32 pm
Curious as to why he's in Rogers? He coaches in Texas.
he lives here.. past year he coached at lakeside jr high in Springdale, just took a high school job in Bentonville.
go hogs go !

forrest city joe

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 24, 2015, 09:31:20 pm
We just got a text message back from him. He says he's doing okay. Had a high heartbeat for a while.
Very happy to hear that Mike. he and family are in my prayers.

PORKULATOR

Best wishes Casey.  NEVER YIELD
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PEtrader

Good to hear our Dick is okay.  Prayers for him:
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hogs GoneWild

Quote from: Paul on January 24, 2015, 09:14:04 pm
. Not rare for otherwise healthy young adults to have this secondary to a viral infection.  Mainly treatment is supportive.  It can be very serious however.
Quote from: Paul on January 24, 2015, 09:14:04 pm

I would say it's pretty rare since pericarditis is a rare disease in itself and most cases of pericarditis don't lead to significant effusions.  Since he required a 1 liter pericardiocentesis it had to be hemodynamically significant. I'm sure they will send the fluid for analysis and cytology and hopefully it's nothing serious.

Pigsknuckles

Thanks Mike. I'm sure I speak for many of us that Casey is the...oh damn...can't think of the uber superlative. Well, you know what I mean. This simply sucks for the moment. Prayers, and best wishes for a loved razorback.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hogberry Snortcake

Paul

Quote from: Hogs GoneWild on January 24, 2015, 10:25:35 pm
I would say it's pretty rare since pericarditis is a rare disease in itself and most cases of pericarditis don't lead to significant effusions.  Since he required a 1 liter pericardiocentesis it had to be hemodynamically significant. I'm sure they will send the fluid for analysis and cytology and hopefully it's nothing serious.
. That amount of effusion yes. Didn't read the article. Quite serious.  But we saw pericarditis not infrequently in the university hospital where I trained.  Not unusual to see effusions on echo.

joefootball

I heard he is coaching in NWA. Prayers. Glad he's doing better.

Arkamedes

Prayers to Casey and his family!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

Pavlov's Hog

Westcoasthog

Casey, my prayers are with you.

Delicious~Dreams

texas tush hog

Casey's dad Steve Dick passed away in September 2012, at the start of football season, I believe from similar issues, he was only 56, much too young. Prayers for Casey, Nathan, and Mary Ellen. Hoping for a full recovery for Casey, a classy kid, and Hog qb.