Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Analysis: Senior Bowl

Started by Kierkegaard, January 24, 2015, 04:17:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kierkegaard

I'm curious what you guys think player development is? What are the ingredients to making a 3 star into a 5 star playing level? Spaight for example was a 3 star coming out of Juco, but by all accounts I consider him a 5 star. What do you guys think? Trey flowers was also a 2 star, but they are both looking great in the Senior Bowl. Who else is enjoying the Senior Bowl. I love it, because it gives the players another chance to showcase their stuff.

Brer Hog

Flowers getting held alot. Spaight getting blocked out of alot of plays.

hogfan14

Spaight tied for the most tackles and had some big hits. Didnt notice Flowers much though but he was around the ball some.

UCA WR Dezmin Lewis made some nice plays

PaintballHog

Anyway to rewatch it if I don't have nfl network?

The NewEra

Quote from: Brer Hog on January 24, 2015, 05:34:50 pm
Flowers getting held alot. Spaight getting blocked out of alot of plays.

I don't think there was one holding penalty call that entire game. Trey didn't get the opportunity to show out. Spaight looked really good. He was tied up for most tackles in the game with five.

The NewEra

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 24, 2015, 07:04:26 pm
Anyway to rewatch it if I don't have nfl network?

Someone will probably put it on YouTube.

Kierkegaard

JHicks3636

younghog

GO HOGS

hoggusamoungus

Spaight run

NFL.com's Chase Goodbread gave a shout on Twitter to former Arkansas linebacker Martrell Spaight late in the Senior Bowl on Saturday.
Goodbread wrote in the fourth quarter: "Arkansas LB Martrell Spaight showing he can get to the perimeter this drive. Underrated."

Senior stats

Martrell Spaight tied three other former SEC players for the South team lead with five tackles in the Senior Bow.
Former Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall, playing defensive back, former Ole Miss safety Cody Prewitt and former Mississippi State defensive tackle Preston Smith also had five tackles.
Dezmin Lewis of the University of Central Arkansas led the South with three catches for 59 yards.

Flowers impresses

Former Arkansas defensive end Trey Flowers helped his stock during Senior Bowl practices, the Charlotte Observer noted.
Flowers and Utah's Nate Orchard were deemed as the two of the best pass rushers at the all-star game in Mobile, Ala., and Flowers' ability to play outside linebacker was highlighted.
"It's no thing to me being a 3-4 standing up as an outside linebacker or a 4-3 hand in the dirt," Flowers told the Observer.

Dr. Starcs

Or as the espn scroll put it "Martrell Spraight"