Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

the boot

Started by 770john111, January 24, 2015, 12:16:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: 770john111 on January 24, 2015, 10:47:09 pm
ok guys you can't be a dumb ass  and a smart ass choose one or the other and answer the damn question .

Read more, post less.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

popcornhog

ok guys you can't be a dumb ass  and a smart ass choose one or the other and answer the damn question .

To answer your question, yes, we are continuing to play for the boot.

To answer your second question -- the letters that you're seeing are what is called a "captcha." It's a computer system that is used to verify that you're a real person and not making automated spam posts. It will go away after you have made like 10 or 20 posts.

Finally, just a piece of friendly advice -- make your posts somewhat more coherent and you won't get grilled like this. They don't have to be perfect, just coherent.

WPS
WPS

Arkamedes

Btw...welcome to Hogville!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

Westcoasthog

770John111  Of course Arkansas and LSU will play for the BOOT.  Why would you make such a STUPID POSTING?

Vildsvin

How many posts until you are considered a "hogvillian"? Is it okay to bash this OP?

Do you have to be a Hogvillian to bash non-hogvillians? These are the important questions that beg for answers!

Hogfaniam

January 25, 2015, 04:22:06 am #55 Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 09:19:57 am by Hogfaniam
Quote from: TrueBlue on January 24, 2015, 07:33:20 pm

Sung to "Outta Love Again" by Van Halen (with my apologies to them)

Outta Drugs Again

Ooh, 770 John 111, them are silly games you play, yeah.
Dealin' with your visions drove me to say,

Ooh, well a sayin' that you're freakin',
You don't wanna hear that talk.
Stare at disbelief when You said "mine, mine, mine"
Your outta drugs (outta drugs) again, (outta drugs)
Ahhhhhh, once again.

Ooh, typin' and a postin' and actin' like a fool.
(didn't you?) (didn't you?)
You're doin' all you can worryin' about the boooot
(Didn't you?) Oooh

Ooh, well a sayin' that you're freakin'
you don't wanna hear that talk.
Stare at disbelief when you said "mine, mine, mine"
Your (outta drugs) again, (outta drugs) yaaaah, once again.

(Solo)

Ooh, typin' and a postin' and actin' like a fool.
(didn't you?) (didn't you?)
You're doin' all you can worryin' about the boooot
(Didn't you?) Oooh

Ooh, well a sayin' that you're freakin'
you don't wanna hear that talk.
Stare at disbelief when you said "mine, mine, mine"
Your (outta drugs) again, (outta drugs) yaaaah, once again.

A-g-g-g-g-gain.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hog on the Hill

The OP was really easy to understand.

Yes, we still play for the boot every year.  LSU had it before our game this season, and we won it back from them.  The players ran across the field to take the boot, which was sitting on the LSU sideline, after the 4th quarter ended.

You have to type the letters in order to post because you're a new poster, and they do that to make sure you aren't a computer that's pre-programmed to spam the message board with advertisements.  It's just to make sure you're a real person who's posting.  A computer program can't see those letters so it can't post.

When you have more posts, you'll stop getting that test.

OrvilleRedenporker

I think we should add green bean casserole to the concession stand menu

Hog on the Hill

Quote from: popcornhog on January 24, 2015, 11:32:52 pm
Finally, just a piece of friendly advice -- make your posts somewhat more coherent and you won't get grilled like this. They don't have to be perfect, just coherent.

WPS
Come on, let's be real.  Most of the posts on this forum, even those from regulars, are barely coherent.

Doug

Do you like turdles? ;)

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

popcornhog

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on January 25, 2015, 08:17:13 am
Come on, let's be real.  Most of the posts on this forum, even those from regulars, are barely coherent.

Fair point. Like I said, no need to be perfect, but making an effort to use spell check, trying to punctuate sentences properly, and using paragraph breaks isn't too much to ask.
WPS

Lake City Hog

+1 for the reference to Thunderbolt and Lightfoot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwsSSrKnKO4

TechHawg

I remember the first time I got on the internet.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: ArkieRebel on January 24, 2015, 12:21:45 pm
Frito Pie
yes! Frito pie with Wendy's chili seasoning
Wps
Ny
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: OrvilleRedenporker on January 25, 2015, 08:16:44 am
I think we should add green bean casserole to the concession stand menu

And for this thread it has to have mushrooms.

770john111

okay I deserved all that.I've been in Georgia to long.you guys are funny and a lot nicer than those rival guys#WPS

Doug

Please, don't blame you being in Georgia for all of this. You'll make the rest of us look even worse than we already do (reference Honey Boo Boo). :)
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Großer Kriegschwein

Ranks right up there with the "instink" guy.
This is my non-signature signature.

Doyle Hograves

This thread is almost as good as HogZ28's thread about "working both arms real hard" and the one about Cooper getting caught beating off at the gym...

Doug- can we get a greatest hits forum?

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: 770john111 on January 24, 2015, 12:16:26 pm
Will Arkansas and lsu still play for the boot or is it my precious mine mine mine And why do they check   my freaking vision when I make a post?you know type the letters thing
And dat's da twooooooo!!!
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

TomasPistola

Quote from: Doug on January 25, 2015, 09:47:14 am
Please, don't blame you being in Georgia for all of this. You'll make the rest of us look even worse than we already do (reference Honey Boo Boo). :)

Nothing wrong with being in Georgia. Right Bear?
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Hogfaniam

Doug

Quote from: TomasPistolaNothing wrong with being in Georgia. Right Bear?
I'd rather be in SoCal, Seattle or Massachusetts (all three are home home), but since we own a house here in ATL, that's not gonna happen for a while. ;)

NOE MOAR HUNNI BEW BEW!
--Doug

CabotHog87

"They're not that drunk!, they're not that drunk!"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Doug on January 26, 2015, 09:37:08 am
I'd rather be in SoCal, Seattle or Massachusetts (all three are home home), but since we own a house here in ATL, that's not gonna happen for a while. ;)

NOE MOAR HUNNI BEW BEW!

Considering the cost of living in those three I think I'd rather be in Georgia....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

umpqua

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 24, 2015, 07:19:57 pm
You have to have at least 10-12 post before the Captcha thing goes away.
Someone always has to bring up this 10-12 thing.

secfan30

Quote from: umpqua on January 26, 2015, 06:23:01 pm
Hahahahhaha!!!

+Howevermanyicanremembertogiveyou

Hoggish1

Quote from: 770john111 on January 24, 2015, 12:16:26 pm
Will Arkansas and lsu still play for the boot?

Why wouldn't we?
Actually, we will be permanent holder of it since LSU will suck...

HogShat

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 25, 2015, 09:57:26 am
Ranks right up there with the "instink" guy.

Remember when MRCoolHog used to always talk about needing "delph" when it comes to recruiting? 

"We need players like him to add delph.  By the way, can someone post how tall he is, how much he weighs, and how much he can bench?"
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

FreshHog

Quote from: ArkieRebel on January 24, 2015, 12:25:16 pm
Or proper punctuation I mean when I learned the differences between sentences and run-ons in middle school but not everybody did I guess huh oh well I guess there's still hope for anybody who wants to learn how about those Razorbacks

Makes fun of punctuation.... uses none in post.  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Doug

Quote from: FreshHogMakes fun of punctuation.... uses none in post.  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
Completely misses the point the previous poster was illustrating (quite well, actually) :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
--Doug

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: Doug on January 29, 2015, 09:29:59 am
Completely misses the point the previous poster was illustrating (quite well, actually) :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Thanks Doug... I'm surprised anybody could miss what I was trying to do, because I laid it on pretty thick...

online-with-swine

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 24, 2015, 12:57:45 pm
They'll still play for the boot, but not the fancy gold one you see on TV.  Now they'll play for a tall green rubber boot and whoever wins has their kicker wear it for the opening kick off the following season.   

I wish this were true.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hogfaniam on January 25, 2015, 09:18:37 am
And for this thread it has to have mushrooms.
....and don't forget

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Inhogswetrust

It's Hogville. Of course you can ................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: umpqua on January 26, 2015, 06:23:01 pm

That's usually the wife or girlfriend.......................

Doyle Hograves

The only thing this thread is missing is...

"Will the game be on "paper view" in NWA?"

And just so FreshHog knows, I know what I typed isn't the proper spelling...

Doug

ArkieRebel, at least you used proper punctuation this time so he can't yell at you for that. ;)
--Doug

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: online-with-swine on January 30, 2015, 06:24:23 am
I wish this were true.

Me too.  I'd love to see that.  I think the boot thing is pretty cool, and I'm still mad at the SEC for more or less pooping on us in favor of TAMU.   >:( 

And don't even get me started on this new "Battle Line Rivarly" with Missouri.  I just have an issue with any sporting event that tries to equate itself with anything military related.  It's NOTHING EVEN CLOSE to fighting for your country and putting your life in harm's way, and it just rubs me the wrong way.  I can't stand, "He's a warrior out there."  No...he's not.  He's playing a game that's physically demanding.  Big difference. 

OK...off my soapbox now.  Just killing time until Gold Rush comes on.  Love me some gold shows!   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Westcoasthog on January 25, 2015, 02:26:39 am
    770John111  Of course Arkansas and LSU will play for the BOOT.  Why would you make such a STUPID POSTING?
Is that necessary? I don't see why our fans are so rude to each other on here. Especially when one is simply (well, maybe that's a stretch) asking a question.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: Doug on January 30, 2015, 10:55:25 am
ArkieRebel, at least you used proper punctuation this time so he can't yell at you for that. ;)

Thanks for noticing Douglas... I guess that sort of humor doesn't translate well by text.