Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gene Chizik Returns to College Football

Started by NaturalStateReb, January 23, 2015, 09:31:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

bigred223

He can coach a defense. Good hire for them.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on January 23, 2015, 09:31:45 am
As DC at North Carolina.  UNC ranked 119th in points allowed and 117th in yards per play allowed last season.

http://www.tarheelblog.com/2015/1/19/7852869/unc-officially-announces-gene-chizik-hired-as-defensive-coordinator
One thing's obvious from the very start: unless Cheezwiz has forgotten everything he ever knew about coaching defense he'll surpass those numbers in his sleep.

DeltaBoy

Good Hire for all his short comings as a head man he is super sharp DC.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Heard he was also going to be the recruiting coordinator.....

His first move as the recruiting coordinator,  was to hire Cecil Newton, as a part time advisor.....   ;D
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on January 23, 2015, 06:05:19 pm
Heard he was also going to be the recruiting coordinator.....

His first move as the recruiting coordinator,  was to hire Cecil Newton, as a part time advisor.....   ;D
Yes, but is Cecil Newton a good test-taker? I know he's good at taking money but the skill-set required at UNC is a little bit different.

Hog N Bama

Is it Rev. Cecil yet? Don't need the IRS snoopin around you know, much less the NCAA. :puke:

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on January 23, 2015, 06:11:30 pm

Yes, but is Cecil Newton a good test-taker? I know he's good at taking money but the skill-set required at UNC is a little bit different.

Lol......well, I think Cecil's experience with "bidding"....trumped everything else....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.