Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Bielema talks new OC Hire

Started by Peter Porker, January 23, 2015, 03:19:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

DukeOfPork

Love it.  He really does well with the Press.

Laughing Hog

"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

SquidBilly

Best part is the Woo Pig he always ends his PC with.

Dr. Starcs

John (mrchambo) Chamberlain

26.2Hog

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 23, 2015, 03:19:54 am
Every time I hear him speak I'm more impressed.

http://youtu.be/qB_nEgxc_qA

Excellent, thanks.

"you don't hire a resume, you hire a person"

I remember when many on Hogville proclaimed BBs first staff as the best ever maybe even in all of college football.  And that was before seeing one down of football played. 

Time showed they weren't.  BB made changes.  Most were better changes.  I hope this OC change is for the better.  My opinion is that it will be.

RazorWild

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Greyhands

tophawg19

having trouble with the link . can someone give a summary of it please
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Vantage 8 dude

The one thing I really found very interesting was the comments at the very beginning of the interview describing the vetting process with Enos. I'm not sure there are that many HCs who would take his entire offensive staff to sit in while reviewing a candidate for the OC position. I believe most head coaches would select the person and basically say to the rest of his staff something like "Here's the guy I've chosen; figure out a way to work with this guy". Savvy move to allow the entire group to have an input into the hiring process.

The more I learn about CBB the more I'm convinced this guy would be a successful CEO just about anywhere he might be. He understands that a key to success is teamwork and the engagement of support staff into the planning process.

BearsBisonsBoars

younghog

GO HOGS

younghog

ANYBODY catch the Arkansas vs Alabama 93/91 OT win scrolled at the bottom.. I bet recruits did.. :)

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

BOAR_N2BWILD

I am glad this man is our coach. He is a great representative of Arkansas.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Hogsmo Kramer

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

PorkRinds

Coach looks like he's sporting a faux hawk.

hoglady

The most amazing part of it - he and the entire offensive staff managed to interview OC's without details leaking out.
Beleima handled that interview like a pro.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: younghog on January 23, 2015, 09:32:41 am
ANYBODY catch the Arkansas vs Alabama 93/91 OT win scrolled at the bottom.. I bet recruits did.. :)

GO HOGS

Yep - I noticed that, too.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hawgboy64

Quote from: 12247 on January 23, 2015, 07:56:09 am
I remember when many on Hogville proclaimed BBs first staff as the best ever maybe even in all of college football.  And that was before seeing one down of football played. 

Time showed they weren't.  BB made changes.  Most were better changes.  I hope this OC change is for the better.  My opinion is that it will be.
I couldn't agree more. +1
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

OLDHOG

XX

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 23, 2015, 09:01:07 am
The one thing I really found very interesting was the comments at the very beginning of the interview describing the vetting process with Enos. I'm not sure there are that many HCs who would take his entire offensive staff to sit in while reviewing a candidate for the OC position. I believe most head coaches would select the person and basically say to the rest of his staff something like "Here's the guy I've chosen; figure out a way to work with this guy". Savvy move to allow the entire group to have an input into the hiring process.

The more I learn about CBB the more I'm convinced this guy would be a successful CEO just about anywhere he might be. He understands that a key to success is teamwork and the engagement of support staff into the planning process.
Couldn't have said it any better myself...
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

Dropkick

OT a bit, does anybody know if Enos had a buyout and what he was making at CMU?

TheHAWGfather

opineonswine

ballz2thewall

i noticed that as well.  however, i'll bet most coaches do that, or similar to it.  maybe not take them all on the ride but certainly some up-front discussion.

nevertheless, it's great that coach has foresight in this regard that seems to be inherent in his selection process, and overall management style.
The rest of the frog.

sickboy

"You don't hire a resume, you hire a person." -- everyone should write that down.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sickboy on January 23, 2015, 01:57:43 pm
"You don't hire a resume, you hire a person." -- everyone should write that down.

No doubt..
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

WayneHawg

I liked the way he carried himself from the opening press conference when he was hired, and he has done nothing but reinforce that! #Woo Pig

reddogjcss

Lake City Hog

Yes he did and UA is "taking care of it".

Pig Worshipper

Thanks for posting this. You have to be very proud to be a Razorback football fan right now. Thanks to Coach B and Jeff Long for getting the job done so far. I believe we are on the cusp of something very special. Boy, is that nice to say after the mess we were in with Houston Nutt and then the Petrino debacle. This sure feels nice and I can't wait to see what great strides we'll make in the next few seasons.

Hawgzinbowlz

Thanks for the post.
My favorite words from CBB were when Dari asked him what he (CBB) would think when people talk about Arkansas having a good year in 2015, and CBBs response was " I don't think it, I know it". Coach is a smart guy.

" GO HOGS "

BigPapaHawg

Bielema is the man! So glad to have him!
WOO PIG

Hog N Bama

When Coach B talks, people listen. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

SamBuckhart

Woo Pig indeed.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

trashcan maN

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 23, 2015, 09:50:51 am
Coach looks like he's sporting a faux hawk.
Receding hairline game too strong

Pork Twain

I like that he included the whole staff and not a peep was heard.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

DocHogliday

January 24, 2015, 08:23:48 am #42 Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:22:43 am by DocHogliday
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 23, 2015, 03:19:54 am
Every time I hear him speak I'm more impressed.

http://youtu.be/qB_nEgxc_qA

Talk about an absolute perfect fit for Arkansas. Smart, focused, embraces our history, and even looks the part. Future is very bright.
I beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. "Play for Blood," remember?

geauxhawgs

I love it!

LSU BLEAUXS. WOO PIG INDEED!!