386 (39.2%)
Mississippi St
908 (92.3%)
Missouri
925 (94%)

Total Members Voted: 984

popcornhog

Quote from: Wildhog on January 05, 2015, 03:28:28 pm
The minimum for me is eight wins.  Anything less than that will be disappointing.

I'd be disappointed with 7 too, but not so much so to turn in CBB.

Six would be another story.

Once we see whether Philon is returning, what happens with the staff, and how the offseason shakes out around the SEC we'll have a better idea, but if I had to pick now, I'd go with 9-3.
WPS

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 05, 2015, 03:33:38 pm
I hope for at least 8, but it is the SEC, and nothing is guaranteed.  If we aren't continually improving, we are falling behind.

No reason we shouldn't be able to get 8 next year.  Four OOC games.  Mizzou, MSU, and AU at home (would expect to win two of these).  And then two more out of Bama, LSU, Tenner, OM, and TAMU.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: popcornhog on January 05, 2015, 03:36:16 pm
I'd be disappointed with 7 too, but not so much so to turn in CBB.

Six would be another story.

Once we see whether Philon is returning, what happens with the staff, and how the offseason shakes out around the SEC we'll have a better idea, but if I had to pick now, I'd go with 9-3.

I'm not saying I'd turn on CBB.  I'm just saying less than 8 would be disappointing and discouraging.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

popcornhog

Quote from: Wildhog on January 05, 2015, 03:37:20 pm
I'm not saying I'd turn on CBB.  I'm just saying less than 8 would be disappointing and discouraging.

Semantics I guess. I think our position is essentially the same.

For me, seven would represent improvement but less than I think I'm realistically hoping for.

8-10 would make me very happy as we continue to build.
WPS

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 05, 2015, 12:47:39 pm
I dunno.  We play them both on the road IIRC.  They'll be tough games.  Both of their seasons may depend on how they fill their QB positions.
While I certainly understand the advantage of playing any good team at home, the way we've played LSU the past 8-10 years it really hasn't mattered all that much if we play them in BR or in Fayetteville. It still comes down to the big question of do the Tigers still have problems at the qb position.

TommyTwoHog

Quote from: mizzouman on January 05, 2015, 03:12:11 pm
Why are so many afraid of Tenner?  They are like Notre Dame.  A bunch of hype only to lose games.  They were the hottest team in the SEC with Dobbs starting at QB when little ole' Mizzou went into Knoxville this year and beat them. 

Arkansas will have no problems with Tenner.  Over rated.
This is the same talk we heard about UGA all year. Then they broke it off in em!

cbhawg03

GolfnHog

Those that watch coaching moves can you answer this? I've heard rumblings that Mike Stoops is being looked at as DC at LSU. If that's the case and comes to fruition, I like our chances against LSU and would be optimistic for a 9-3 season.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

elksnort

I picked 9 wins.

The losses are @Bama, @LSU, and @ Tennessee.
I think we win at Oxford. Who will be Ole Miss's QB next year?

Like Wildhog posted, 8-4 is my basement. Anything lower will be disappointing.

MissippHog

Quote from: beansandtaters on January 05, 2015, 12:44:05 pm
10-2 with losses at TN and AL
That's what I'm thinking, but I can see us going 11-1 or 8-4 too. 

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 05, 2015, 12:47:39 pm
I dunno.  We play them both on the road IIRC.  They'll be tough games.  Both of their seasons may depend on how they fill their QB positions.
Bama's is filled

jimmiewkersh

9 -3 (first Choice)or 10 - 2 (Second Choice)

redeye

I like that Alabama's losing 7 starters on offense and we get them early.

Theolesnort

We are entering a new era in Arkansas football where our projected win loss total should reflect on who we are and how good we are instead of who we play and how good they project to be. A different way of looking at things will come to pass but some still don't get it. I am not saying we are there just yet but we are getting close.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Hogfaniam

So far, Polling data says 8-9 wins  are expected. Definately 7.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

intoxhog

10-2 or 9-3

I think LSU and Mississippi schools are down this year, easy non conference and we have Auburn at home. Plus Tenn is improving but they still look like a soft team to me, that could change. A&M is wild card with new DC.  plus Misery at home. i like the set up next year.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

demonHOG1013

10-2. Losses at LSU and at Bama.  But there is not a game on the schedule that we cant win.  If we catch a few breaks next year that we did not catch this year we could be looking at playing in the SECCG.

bigdaddyhawg

Does anyone know what kind of losses Mizzou will have off this year's squad?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

hogcard1964

Quote from: cbhawg03 on January 05, 2015, 04:39:51 pm
10-2

High 11-1

Low 8-4

That's exactly what I was thinking.  There's no way we'll lose more than 4.

GuvHog

11-1 with the only loss @ Bama but even that game is winnable.

LSU won't be any better next season and their Defense may be worse after losing Chavis.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

popcornhog

Why are so many afraid of Tenner?  They are like Notre Dame.  A bunch of hype only to lose games.  They were the hottest team in the SEC with Dobbs starting at QB when little ole' Mizzou went into Knoxville this year and beat them. 

Tennessee has sucked for years. The Tennessee name no longer scares anyone.

That said, their staff and level of young talent should garner fear and respect next year from anyone who has been paying attention.
WPS

Sportster365

We beat everyone with the exception of Auburn and Alabama. With a ? next to A&M, the addition of Chavis could make the talented Aggies a real threat in years to come.

LSU will be interesting to see what they're defense will look like now that Chavis is gone. With or without the inclusion of E. Golson

thefisher

Going with 9-3. 

10 wins is a real possibility ... but then so is 8. 

Regardless, next year will show a lot more of the progress the Hogs have made showing up in the "W" column!
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 06, 2015, 08:35:04 am
Does anyone know what kind of losses Mizzou will have off this year's squad?
In perusing the Mizzou roster it appears, baring anyone declaring early for the NFL, they have about 19 who are seniors. Evenly divided between offense and defense-9 a piece-with the remaining player the punter, Chrisitian Brinser.

I'm not all that familiar with the big names on the team, however, it appears that they'll be losing some 5 on the OL, their big name WR, Bud Sasser, and one of their stud DEs, Markus Golden.

popcornhog

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 06, 2015, 10:48:25 am
We beat everyone with the exception of Auburn and Alabama. With a ? next to A&M, the addition of Chavis could make the talented Aggies a real threat in years to come.

LSU will be interesting to see what they're defense will look like now that Chavis is gone. With or without the inclusion of E. Golson

Interesting, I would not have AU as one of the toughest games next year. If we go 10-2, I'd expect the losses to be @Tuscaloosa and @Knoxville.

I also expect LSU and A&M to be tougher games than Auburn.
WPS

Sportster365

Quote from: popcornhog on January 06, 2015, 11:04:10 am
Interesting, I would not have AU as one of the toughest games next year. If we go 10-2, I'd expect the losses to be @Tuscaloosa and @Knoxville.

I chose AU reflecting back to our season opener against them. Their back up played a really good first half of football and actually impressed me more so in that half than N. Marshall has been able to do in 2 years. Aside from that, it's Malzahn and his all-flexible offense with the inclusion of a Muschamp defense... should be interesting.

hogcard1964

We will not take our boot heels off A & M' s necks next year.

bigdaddyhawg

Auburn is still going to have a roster of highly rated athletes and a great OC.

Plus they'll have a QB that may be the best thrower in the conference, assuming he gets the job.

I also expect them to have a better defense than last year, not because of Muschump but most of those guys being a year more experienced.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

rickm1976

We lose in close games to Bama and LSU.  We pull out close wins against Auburn, Tenn, and Ole Miss.  We cruise in the rest.  10-2 regular season, and the turnaround is in full swing.

The_Iceman

This is the SEC, all of those games are going to be tough. This league is full of great athletes, talent, and coaches. There are no easy wins.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 06, 2015, 11:18:35 am
This is the SEC, all of those games are going to be tough. This league is full of great athletes, talent, and coaches. There are no easy wins.

That's true.  Sometimes I forget that.

BluegrassRazorback

Back to back road games - lots of spent energy on a TAMU team that will have defense this year

it could be a trap game - Ark could jsut bury them too but I'm taking some caution because Ark has had issues with road games -  but that's just me

popcornhog

Quote from: Theolesnort on January 06, 2015, 06:44:17 am
We are entering a new era in Arkansas football where our projected win loss total should reflect on who we are and how good we are instead of who we play and how good they project to be. A different way of looking at things will come to pass but some still don't get it. I am not saying we are there just yet but we are getting close.

Projections always have to do with both the team and the opponents.
WPS

sooeey pig pig pig

7 regular season wins would be an improvement.  We have at least as tough if not tougher schedule than last year.

HogFansReunited

9-3 with our losses being at Bama, Ole Miss, and LSU.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

gawntrail

10 wins including a solid bowl performance.

HogFanFromTheHills

Quote from: popcornhog on January 05, 2015, 03:33:58 pm
I think we can win and might even be slightly favored, although Tenner will likely be favored by about 1.5 at home. But to mark that game down as a sure win? You must not have watched them this year. They played like 20 freshmen who improved every week and Butch has a very good class coming in.

Outside of Bama, UT will likely be our toughest game. I Wouldn't be surprised to see the Vols in Atlanta in 2015.

Boom he hit the nail on the head.... UT is young and the hogs will be going to a hostile environment with a rabid fan base, and an emerging big time qb.

I see LSU as an easier road win. Qb situation there blows, lose two sr tackles i believe. Chavis is gone and its les there by himself to Frank it up.

I picked us 9-3 would be shocked if we did better. Could easily slide to 7 with the sec though.

Artex501

My wwwwayyyyy to early prediction is 10-2 with losses @BAMA @LSWHO ... This could change but for now I think we can handle the VOLS after they get back from the swamp, and I think we find a way to beat GUS, and Miss St

BENTON PIGGEE

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tbhogfan

@ Alabama and @ LSU -- I don't see us having a great chance to win
The rest of the games -- Winnable, but I don't see us taking all of them, maybe 1-3 losses out of that bunch.

So, if I'm right, we would be looking at 9-3 at the top end and 7-5 at the bottom. 

I'm guessing 8-4, but hoping for better.
Go Hogs!

HogScoutMaster

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

HotlantaHog

I voted 9-3, wouldn't be too surprised by 8-4 and would be very happy with 10-2. Obviously winning at Alabama and LSU are the two toughest games on the schedule. I think they beat A&M in Dallas and win at Ole Miss, and could lose a close game at Tennessee.

CattleCorn

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on January 09, 2015, 01:22:01 pm
we are going undefeated

Yep.  This is the year we run the table.  Book it.   :razorback:

RazorBassin

Barring key injuries I think the ceiling is 11-1, but 9-3 is expected and I think 10-2 is a GREAT possibity.  8-4 will be a good season, but a bit of a disappointment.  I cannot wait until next fall!

redswarmrising

I came up with 11-1 with our only loss being at bama.

That's right,I'm not only drinking the kool-aid,I'm bathing in that sh1t!

code red

Tennessee is legit they got better every week....Tenn made lots of mistakes vs Mizzou other wise they would have won.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hogfaniam

Now that recruiting has progressed and the holes are filled on the staff, I thought a bump might be in order.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

popcornhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 06, 2015, 11:18:35 am

Well, yeah. 7-5 is totally realistic next year. And we're gonna be damn good.
WPS