@LSU
386 (39.2%)
Mississippi St
908 (92.3%)
Missouri
925 (94%)

Total Members Voted: 984

ThisTeetsTaken

8-4 is what I predict.  Wouldn't be surprised about 7-5 or 9-3.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

grayhawg

8 and 4 with a little luck 10 and 2

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Hawg_Thai'd

11-1. Don't see us going to Tusscaloosa and beating Bama. Everything else we can or should win. LSU will be tough, but we can win down there.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

JaketheSnake

Tex A&M went to Tuscaloosa and beat them with a mediocre team, we can go in and beat them with a good team next year.  Why is everyone so afraid of LSU?  What are they gaining this off season that we are not?  They will have home field advantage but we run a style of offense that can take their fans out of the game.

There is no ceiling next year.  Worst case scenario (barring significant injuries at key positions) would be 8-9 wins IMO.  The time of the Hog is here

Vildsvin

I never do understand the unreasonably high expectations our fans have following a year of any level of success whatsoever. Without going into a big long thing about it, it is perfectly reasonable to say that we may very well get better as a team while still treading water somewhere around 6 or 7 wins. It seems like the consensus here is that going below 8 wins will be disappointing.. I look at these teams we are going to face next season and think, 8 wins would be fantastic!

I'm also puzzled at what seems to be more confidence at beating Miss St at home rather than beating Tennessee in Neyland. Even with the home field advantages considered.. I really think Tennessee is going to be a pushover for our team regardless of the venue. Unless Butch and co make some historic leap forward, The Vols are just not built to play our type of football. Miss St is much more evenly matched. Tennessee has a few stud players but are basically still a card house.

The NewEra

I think this is our year to beat Bama in Tuscaloosa.  I can only hope Kiffin is still on the staff :)

heatmiser

Arkansas Razorbacks

jkstock04

Quote from: Vildsvin on January 25, 2015, 02:26:17 am
I never do understand the unreasonably high expectations our fans have following a year of any level of success whatsoever. Without going into a big long thing about it, it is perfectly reasonable to say that we may very well get better as a team while still treading water somewhere around 6 or 7 wins. It seems like the consensus here is that going below 8 wins will be disappointing.. I look at these teams we are going to face next season and think, 8 wins would be fantastic!

I'm also puzzled at what seems to be more confidence at beating Miss St at home rather than beating Tennessee in Neyland. Even with the home field advantages considered.. I really think Tennessee is going to be a pushover for our team regardless of the venue. Unless Butch and co make some historic leap forward, The Vols are just not built to play our type of football. Miss St is much more evenly matched. Tennessee has a few stud players but are basically still a card house.
Because we beat Texas convincingly in our last game. The last game you play is always the one you remember most vividly....and most are convinced that trend will carry on into SEC play.

Fact is, Texas was one of the worst teams we played all season, and when it comes to actual legit SEC competition, there are still a lot of questions with this team....the offense/qb position in particular. We had some key losses on defense, how will that affect us?

Still yet, with that schedule, I think 8 wins isn't out of the question. For myself anything under 8 wins this season will be a disappointment.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

MTBrookHog

To me, it goes back to the to the SWC days. Back then, we could take next years schedule and confidently pick wins.

Now in the SEC, we cannot do that. There are no Rice's, Texas Tech's, or SMU's (other than the best team ever bought). We have to play our best week in and week out. There are no gimmies. I still cannot believe many on this board discount Mizzou. We have only beat them once in the recent past. Oh, I'm sure many will give excuses like it was "party time Dallas style" when To-ny Tem-ple ran all over us.

I believe we can beat anyone we play but I'm not going out on a limb and mark down automatic wins in the conference.

HF#1

Every time I see this schedule, I get more and more optimistic.  9,10,11 wins all possible
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

rhames

Winning all home games should be the goal
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 05, 2015, 12:29:18 pm
not a game on the schedule we can't win.
agreed...and we will beat Alabama at the Capstone....book it
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Lake City Hog

We have 5 or 6 people that either think or hope that we won't win a single game next year! Is it really that common for people that really dislike a team to follow their message boards?

Hawg_Thai'd

Perhaps I am too overly optimistic about the upcoming season and my predicted results seem to be unresonable to some, but I really do feel that this years team is going to shock a lot of people. Mainly due to folks only looking at our past records at not our game-by-game improvements as well as listening to what CBB has to say about different situations and how adjustments have been made to close the gaps of our areas of shortcomings. While I have trusted Coach B to build a winning team since early on in his time here, I have come to believe more and more that he has a great mind for the game and the ability to select the right tools in which Arkansas needs to succeed. We are very fortunate to have him as our coach. There are a few more things that I see about 2015 that gives me more hope in greater success.

The schedule.  The 2014 schedule was by far the most brutal schedule I can remember Arkansas playing. We have played greater teams in the past (USCw comes to mind), but as far as a full schedule, 2014 was packed full of good teams. 2015 will be an easier schedule. For starters, we get TT in Fayetteville this year. 2nd, we switch from GA to Tenner this year. I am  not going to be so bold as to say they will be easy to beat, let alone a given win, but I don't think they will be nearly as tough as GA was this last year. Missouri comes to Fayetteville this year. They better bring their best game of the year with them, because our last game could very well determine whether or not  we play in a BCS bowl or not, in addition to the memory of last years result. Auburn comes to Fayetteville this year in the middle of the season after playing Kentucky the week before while we are coming off a bye week. At that point in the schedule, their game plan will have been figured out and the neccessary preperations will be made. Texas A&M will again be at Cowboys Stadium where we have always played good. I think that they are going to be depending on a new QB and Coach Smith will rattle his cage with our D. As far as the two Mississippi teams go, their impressive 2014 season will not repeat itself in 2015. State will be losing quite a bit of experience and Ole Miss will return to being mediocre. Two teams that I look at on our schedule as being the ones to beat are LSU and Bama. LSU is usually a close, hard-fought game year-in and year-out. We did a number on them this last year, but with us going down there and in all likelyhood, them being a better/more experienced team, we will have to do well in all areas of planning and playing to secure a win in Baton Rouge. One thing to think about, though, is LSU goes to Bama the week prior to us, so they should be playing with a few bruises already. Bama will be Bama. I can't tell if they are just trending down as a program or they just had a non-dominating 2014 team (for Bama standards), but Saban is a good coach that has some very talented players and they will be at home this year. A win is not impossible, but the 3 weeks prior to playing them, we will have faced TT, A&M, and Tenn. Bama will have played Ole Miss, ULM, and will have gone to GA the week prior to us. Hopefully GA will be a very physical game for them and they will be partially fatigued.

Roster and Depth Looking at our 2015 roster knowing that we have a huge number of players returning that have game experience as well as the fantastic redshirts that will be sliding into the rotation and some massive Freshmen that look to step right in and contribute should give fans a good satisfaction as to the depth and quality that Coach B will be working with in his 3rd year. I think so many people tend to forget many of those in the Redshirt program and the potential they possess. Defense was great in 2014, but if we have suitable replacements for Flowers and Spaight, our D could be even better. The Auburn game last year hurt our overall stats, but we got much better throughout the  season, as I expect we will start out with a better understanding and knowledge, while again improving as the season goes on. Coach Smith will have had much more time to teach our defense what needs to be done and he and Coach Jennings will have our secondary in a position to disrupt our opponents passing games.

Offense Brandon Allen will be in his 3rd year as a starter. He has been getting slightly better in some areas of the game and will be better adjusted to his receivers and vice versa. Our passing game will be our key to success, IMO. If we can get our opponents to respect us enough to keep defenders out of the box and still be able to make plays with our passing, we will continue to control the clock and move the ball down the field. I really think that the health of Brandon, JWill and Alex will have a big impact on our success on the field.

Special teams While our kicking game was not entirely impressive in 2014, it wasn't horrible either. The times that we did not convert points from field goals or extra points ended up costing us potential wins. Many fans were upset over many issues, such as our Freshman kicker being redshirted to laying most of the blame on Coach Seagrest and his perceived ineffectiveness in coaching ST. I formed the opinion that Coach B was very well aware of what was going on and it was ultimately him that made the decisions that he did based on what tools were available at the time and also looking ahead to the 2015 season and beyond to ensure that he did not cause a shortfall later on down the  road. If that one year of getting stronger and better prepared leads to points and possible wins in the 2015 season and beyond, then perhaps folks will look back at Coach B's decision with a different understanding. The punting game is an unknown at this point. We lost a pretty dang good punter in Irwin-Hill. Hopefully Johnson will be able to step in and give our defense a good field to work with.

The Hogs I am optimistic towards the 2015 season because I believe in the Razorback football program and the direction its headed and know that in the SEC, on any given Saturday, we have a chance to beat the best, because Coach B has a vision for the program and has had time to get many of the key elements in place for our success. I feel that if we have a low injury rate like we did in 2014, our team definately has the ability to become a championship level team. We have a great program and we as fans should take great pride in all that it is; from the caliber of coaches that is on staff to the players we have have that are not only top-notch athletes, but ones that we can be proud of as students and young men in the community. We are only bringing in the best and it is starting to show.

WPS and Root Hogs Root!!!    :razorback: :razorback:

Vildsvin

Quote from: Lake City Hog on January 25, 2015, 03:08:00 pm
We have 5 or 6 people that either think or hope that we won't win a single game next year! Is it really that common for people that really dislike a team to follow their message boards?

It's not so much people hoping or thinking we will not win a single game.. It's a few people in a sea of homers that are trying to temper expectations so that when reality sets in and we only go what is reasonably par for the course .. maybe we can limit the torches and pitchforks that come out and we dont start saying things like "FIRE COACH ______".

Anything more than whats reasonably par for the course should be considering an added bonus, not an entitlement

jswineberiaskirk

secneahog

Quote from: popcornhog on January 05, 2015, 03:33:58 pm
I think we can win and might even be slightly favored, although Tenner will likely be favored by about 1.5 at home. But to mark that game down as a sure win? You must not have watched them this year. They played like 20 freshmen who improved every week and Butch has a very good class coming in.

Outside of Bama, UT will likely be our toughest game. I Wouldn't be surprised to see the Vols in Atlanta in 2015.

I watched them play this past year. They had a young team and so did we. I think our style is going to match up very well with tenner. Their offense reminds me of ole piss offense. 

We have a good class coming in also.
I remember before the start of the season people saying.
3 wins total..
Texas Tech in Lubbock will be tough..A loss..
We might not even beat n. Illinois ....

We was very very close in a few games...

Teams offenses better be mixing it up and being explosive because our defense is going to be BEAST.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

grayhawg

[/quote]We beat Texas Tech in Lubbock last year, we beat them in Fayetteville this year.

Misread your post, sorry

secneahog

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on January 25, 2015, 04:19:27 pm
Perhaps I am too overly optimistic about the upcoming season and my predicted results seem to be unresonable to some, but I really do feel that this years team is going to shock a lot of people. Mainly due to folks only looking at our past records at not our game-by-game improvements as well as listening to what CBB has to say about different situations and how adjustments have been made to close the gaps of our areas of shortcomings. While I have trusted Coach B to build a winning team since early on in his time here, I have come to believe more and more that he has a great mind for the game and the ability to select the right tools in which Arkansas needs to succeed. We are very fortunate to have him as our coach. There are a few more things that I see about 2015 that gives me more hope in greater success.

The schedule.  The 2014 schedule was by far the most brutal schedule I can remember Arkansas playing. We have played greater teams in the past (USCw comes to mind), but as far as a full schedule, 2014 was packed full of good teams. 2015 will be an easier schedule. For starters, we get TT in Fayetteville this year. 2nd, we switch from GA to Tenner this year. I am  not going to be so bold as to say they will be easy to beat, let alone a given win, but I don't think they will be nearly as tough as GA was this last year. Missouri comes to Fayetteville this year. They better bring their best game of the year with them, because our last game could very well determine whether or not  we play in a BCS bowl or not, in addition to the memory of last years result. Auburn comes to Fayetteville this year in the middle of the season after playing Kentucky the week before while we are coming off a bye week. At that point in the schedule, their game plan will have been figured out and the neccessary preperations will be made. Texas A&M will again be at Cowboys Stadium where we have always played good. I think that they are going to be depending on a new QB and Coach Smith will rattle his cage with our D. As far as the two Mississippi teams go, their impressive 2014 season will not repeat itself in 2015. State will be losing quite a bit of experience and Ole Miss will return to being mediocre. Two teams that I look at on our schedule as being the ones to beat are LSU and Bama. LSU is usually a close, hard-fought game year-in and year-out. We did a number on them this last year, but with us going down there and in all likelyhood, them being a better/more experienced team, we will have to do well in all areas of planning and playing to secure a win in Baton Rouge. One thing to think about, though, is LSU goes to Bama the week prior to us, so they should be playing with a few bruises already. Bama will be Bama. I can't tell if they are just trending down as a program or they just had a non-dominating 2014 team (for Bama standards), but Saban is a good coach that has some very talented players and they will be at home this year. A win is not impossible, but the 3 weeks prior to playing them, we will have faced TT, A&M, and Tenn. Bama will have played Ole Miss, ULM, and will have gone to GA the week prior to us. Hopefully GA will be a very physical game for them and they will be partially fatigued.

Roster and Depth Looking at our 2015 roster knowing that we have a huge number of players returning that have game experience as well as the fantastic redshirts that will be sliding into the rotation and some massive Freshmen that look to step right in and contribute should give fans a good satisfaction as to the depth and quality that Coach B will be working with in his 3rd year. I think so many people tend to forget many of those in the Redshirt program and the potential they possess. Defense was great in 2014, but if we have suitable replacements for Flowers and Spaight, our D could be even better. The Auburn game last year hurt our overall stats, but we got much better throughout the  season, as I expect we will start out with a better understanding and knowledge, while again improving as the season goes on. Coach Smith will have had much more time to teach our defense what needs to be done and he and Coach Jennings will have our secondary in a position to disrupt our opponents passing games.

Offense Brandon Allen will be in his 3rd year as a starter. He has been getting slightly better in some areas of the game and will be better adjusted to his receivers and vice versa. Our passing game will be our key to success, IMO. If we can get our opponents to respect us enough to keep defenders out of the box and still be able to make plays with our passing, we will continue to control the clock and move the ball down the field. I really think that the health of Brandon, JWill and Alex will have a big impact on our success on the field.

Special teams While our kicking game was not entirely impressive in 2014, it wasn't horrible either. The times that we did not convert points from field goals or extra points ended up costing us potential wins. Many fans were upset over many issues, such as our Freshman kicker being redshirted to laying most of the blame on Coach Seagrest and his perceived ineffectiveness in coaching ST. I formed the opinion that Coach B was very well aware of what was going on and it was ultimately him that made the decisions that he did based on what tools were available at the time and also looking ahead to the 2015 season and beyond to ensure that he did not cause a shortfall later on down the  road. If that one year of getting stronger and better prepared leads to points and possible wins in the 2015 season and beyond, then perhaps folks will look back at Coach B's decision with a different understanding. The punting game is an unknown at this point. We lost a pretty dang good punter in Irwin-Hill. Hopefully Johnson will be able to step in and give our defense a good field to work with.

The Hogs I am optimistic towards the 2015 season because I believe in the Razorback football program and the direction its headed and know that in the SEC, on any given Saturday, we have a chance to beat the best, because Coach B has a vision for the program and has had time to get many of the key elements in place for our success. I feel that if we have a low injury rate like we did in 2014, our team definately has the ability to become a championship level team. We have a great program and we as fans should take great pride in all that it is; from the caliber of coaches that is on staff to the players we have have that are not only top-notch athletes, but ones that we can be proud of as students and young men in the community. We are only bringing in the best and it is starting to show.

Very good post. What's your guess on the final record?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Joe Hog

Vildsvin

Kudos on the effort you put forth writing all of this. However you must admit the majority of your post is completely biased.

While it doesnt appear to be a very popular concept.. their is a lot to be said for trying to remain as unbiased as you can even if you are a die hard Hog fan.

Vildsvin

Quote from: jswineberiaskirk on January 25, 2015, 08:27:32 pm
call me crazy I picked 10-2

That would be a great season.. shouldnt be expected

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: secneahog on January 25, 2015, 08:34:09 pm
Very good post. What's your guess on the final record?

If we stay healthy and the new OC is going to improve our offense, I would think that we win 9 wins minimum. If things progress in the offseason and throughout next season, 11 is attainable. I'll straddle the fence and say we win 10.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: Vildsvin on January 25, 2015, 08:58:32 pm
Kudos on the effort you put forth writing all of this. However you must admit the majority of your post is completely biased.

While it doesnt appear to be a very popular concept.. their is a lot to be said for trying to remain as unbiased as you can even if you are a die hard Hog fan.

Of course its biased. If I wanted to give you all the facts, then I might have included things like statistics. But that was my perception going forward.

woodhog14

Ole Miss will still be pretty decent and historically we don't play well in Oxford. I don't count that as an automatic win. State will fall back to a 7-5/6-6 team...I do agree with them going back to mediocrity.

elksnort

Quote from: JaketheSnake on January 24, 2015, 07:39:39 am
Tex A&M went to Tuscaloosa and beat them with a mediocre team, we can go in and beat them with a good team next year.  Why is everyone so afraid of LSU?  What are they gaining this off season that we are not?  They will have home field advantage but we run a style of offense that can take their fans out of the game.

There is no ceiling next year.  Worst case scenario (barring significant injuries at key positions) would be 8-9 wins IMO.  The time of the Hog is here
Texas A&M's team might have been mediocre, but they Heisman trophy QB that gave Bama fits.

We've defeated LSU only twice at Baton Rouge (since 1992) if I remember correctly.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Steef

I don't see a 'certain' loss on our schedule.

Do I think we WILL go undefeated? No. Is it possible? Yes.

First thing...a road win vs. a conference opponent. Second thing, a positive conference record. Third, beat Nick. Fourth, beat Gus.

That would be a good 2015.

Vildsvin

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 31, 2015, 10:06:20 pm
15-0!

Plus a Heisman trophy and a National Championship! Anything less than that will be a disappointment and we should fire all our coaches

1highhog

I honestly see us losing only two at best, and it's not the kook-aid talking.  I see us losing to Alabama and LSU but no one else.

Vildsvin

Quote from: 1highhog on February 01, 2015, 04:09:54 pm
I honestly see us losing only two at best, and it's not the kook-aid talking.  I see us losing to Alabama and LSU but no one else.

Only two at best? What do you have at worst?

pigbacon

Have us 10-2, losing at TN and LSU.

FreshHog

scruf

Not sure how Auburn wins in Fayetteville this year without a running QB. They are going down. Hard.

Vildsvin

When looking at our schedule and attempting to determine a reasonable, unbiased par for the course.. do any of your guys try to look at each game from the other team's perspective?

Most of us know tons more about Arkansas than we do about any of these other teams.. not only that, we love this team. We just assume this team that we hold so high is going to beat these other teams that we know only so much about. Our ignorance and lack of emotional investment in our opponents is what allows for these huge assumptions.

For each one of our opponents that we play.. I try to think like a fan of that team and I try to build a case for why they might beat us. I go through their players and stats just like I would for Arkansas .. in the end, if I still dont see them beating us, then I mark it a win for us.

I wish more Arkansas fans were at least a little more reasonable with their expectations for our team. We are often way too optimistic for our own good and we often get way too irrational when our Hogs fall short of our lofty expectations.

There is a sweet spot between pushing for success and allowing for a little failure that I wish we could get closer to.

BENTON PIGGEE

Get out of here with your objectivity and logic. You're in the wrong place!

1highhog

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on January 05, 2015, 02:23:47 pm
9 and3 .. Losses to Auburn, Bama, Lsu .. Get invited to Capital one bowl or Cotton

I'd make a bet with someone willing to wager that this team will not lose to Auburn next year.  I see us perhaps losing to Bama, LSU, Tenner.  But only have two losses.  So either I'll take Tenner or LSU, hadn't made my mind up yet.

jkstock04

Quote from: Vildsvin on February 01, 2015, 08:35:16 pm
When looking at our schedule and attempting to determine a reasonable, unbiased par for the course.. do any of your guys try to look at each game from the other team's perspective?

Most of us know tons more about Arkansas than we do about any of these other teams.. not only that, we love this team. We just assume this team that we hold so high is going to beat these other teams that we know only so much about. Our ignorance and lack of emotional investment in our opponents is what allows for these huge assumptions.

For each one of our opponents that we play.. I try to think like a fan of that team and I try to build a case for why they might beat us. I go through their players and stats just like I would for Arkansas .. in the end, if I still dont see them beating us, then I mark it a win for us.

I wish more Arkansas fans were at least a little more reasonable with their expectations for our team. We are often way too optimistic for our own good and we often get way too irrational when our Hogs fall short of our lofty expectations.

There is a sweet spot between pushing for success and allowing for a little failure that I wish we could get closer to.
You obviously haven't been around here long. Objective reasoning is few and far between.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Großer Kriegschwein

Each game is played individually. But if you look at the conference, the difference between 7-5 and 11-1 is pretty slim. I would say slimmer than anywhere else. FSU squeaked by their conference schedule this year, Alabama avoided some near misses, MissState hung on and hung on until they couldn't anymore.

We're in good shape. Our defense will be top 10 next year. Hopefully we perform on offense better in 4th Quarters with the added depth in the OL.
This is my non-signature signature.