Hogfaniam

FYI

[attachment deleted by admin]
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

phadedhawg

Toledo had an "interesting" performance last night.  Hope some of those kids graduate.

Hogfaniam

JaketheSnake

Tennessee, Alabama, LSU may be our toughest games next season.  Ole Miss is questionable, MS State loses a lot, Auburn loses some but I like facing them after an open date, Mizzou and A&M are who they are.  We should be able to reach double digit wins next season IMO...

Of course, that is all dependent on improved QB and WR play and finding serviceable replacements at LB while keeping Philon.

phadedhawg

CattleCorn

bigdaddyhawg

9-3.

Best case 10-2.

Worst case 8-4.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hogfaniam

Somebody thinks we lose the first three but beat UT Martin.  Smdh.

sooeey pig pig pig

I see 2 guaranteed wins and then Missouri.  After that I see about 5 we have a good chance at, some better than others.  Then about 2 that will be very tough contests.  Than another 2 that will be extremely tough. 

It's not an easy schedule IMO.

Wildhog

Quote from: sooeey pig pig pig on January 05, 2015, 12:40:43 pm
I see 2 guaranteed wins and then Missouri.  After that I see about 5 we have a good chance at, some better than others.  Then about 2 that will be very tough contests.  Than another 2 that will be extremely tough. 

It's not an easy schedule IMO.

Well, it's never going to be an easy schedule.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

I say we take all 4 OOC games along with Ole Miss, aTm, Missouri, Miss St, and Tennessee.

beansandtaters

10-2 with losses at TN and AL

hogcard1964

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 05, 2015, 12:42:33 pm
I say we take all 4 OOC games along with Ole Miss, aTm, Missouri, Miss St, and Tennessee.

We won't lose to both Bama and LSU next year either.

The_Iceman

Tennessee is going to be tough. They'll be very good next year.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Hogfaniam on January 05, 2015, 12:32:05 pm
Somebody thinks we lose the first three but beat UT Martin.  Smdh.

Oop, they changed utep

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 05, 2015, 12:44:37 pm

I dunno.  We play them both on the road IIRC.  They'll be tough games.  Both of their seasons may depend on how they fill their QB positions.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 05, 2015, 12:47:39 pm
I dunno.  We play them both on the road IIRC.  They'll be tough games.  Both of their seasons may depend on how they fill their QB positions.

I think it's a good bet that Bama will do a much better job of doing that than LSU will.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

TommyTwoHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 05, 2015, 12:44:37 pm
You're into that Bieleva kool aid early today, eh?

The_Iceman

Quote from: TommyTwoHog on January 05, 2015, 12:50:44 pm
You're into that Bieleva kool aid early today, eh?

And you've been hitting that Troll Juice early and often as well.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 05, 2015, 12:51:58 pm
And you've been hitting that Troll Juice early and often as well.
Yeah, trying a little too hard on his first, and more than likely, last day.

sooeey pig pig pig

You can bet on a bounceback year for LSU.  Tennessee will be a very tough game, very tough.  Ole Miss will be tougher than Auburn IMO just because of home field advantage, but you can bet that Auburn comes in to Arkansas needing that win, badly, and hungry for it.  Miss St. as far as I know still retains Prescott, since he's said he'll only declare if he's a projected 1st rounder, which he won't be. That will make MSU very dangerous and not to be overlooked, even though they beat us this season.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: phadedhawg on January 05, 2015, 12:14:25 pm
Toledo had an "interesting" performance last night.  Hope some of those kids graduate.
According to the ARDemGaz the entire starting offensive line last evening are seniors.

hogsanity

I checked 8 wins. TN, Bama, Old misses and LSu are my 4 toss ups. I don't think they win them all, but I don't think they will lose the all either. A lot with old misses depends on who ends up as their QB.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

sooeey pig pig pig

I just remember being snakebit by prognostications of grandeur in the past, so I try to take the realistic approach that, in the SEC, nearly anyone can beat nearly anyone on any given Saturday.  We've got as good a chance as most.  Maybe not as good a chance as a few teams, but not far behind them.

HOGINTENNESSEE

I had 7 after I finished. Next season success depends our ability to win on the road

phadedhawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 05, 2015, 12:54:29 pm
According to the ARDemGaz the entire starting offensive line last evening are seniors.

Good deal!  Thanks for the info

+1

scruf

Auburn at home will see the Tigers get ran out of the stadium as they break in a pass first QB that the Hogs get two weeks to prepare for. Tennessee will be the tougher game despite what this poll, which has all the Gussites out in full force, indicates.

ricepig

Quote from: scruf on January 05, 2015, 01:51:34 pm
Auburn at home will see the Tigers get ran out of the stadium as they break in a pass first QB that the Hogs get two weeks to prepare for. Tennessee will be the tougher game despite what this poll, which has all the Gussites out in full force, indicates.

That pass first QB did pretty good against us last year in the first half......

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Seebs

9-3  Losses to Tenner, Bama and LSU
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

secneahog

Quote from: Seebs on January 05, 2015, 02:07:42 pm
9-3  Losses to Tenner, Bama and LSU

We will not lose to Tenner.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Hawghiggs

12-0 b!tches. Its the offseason.

razorbackchamps94

9 and3 .. Losses to Auburn, Bama, Lsu .. Get invited to Capital one bowl or Cotton

code red

I have no clue but I'd take 9-3 in a heartbeat.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hoginsavga

January 05, 2015, 02:53:20 pm #37 Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 03:08:28 pm by Hoginsavga
I think we will take a significant leap up with our offense. That's assuming BA stays healthy and the wide receivers pan out. Will be more difficult to improve on defense since we lose some key players. Nevertheless, I think we go 10-2 with losses to Bama (makes me sick to say it) and Auburn (want to puke).

Oops, forgot to check the wins on the poll before my original post. I may be the dog that is considered the troll.

GB-Razorback

As of 96 votes (looks like some troll votes for us to be 0-12):

UTEP -       99%

Toledo -    99%

Texas Tech -    99%

Texas A&M  -    92%

@Tennessee -    64%

@Alabama -    12%

Auburn -    78%

UT Martin -    99%

@Ole Miss -    73%

@LSU -       41%

Mississippi St -    94%

Missouri -    96%
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

Tusks

10-2

hate it but bama and lsu on the road.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

EastexHawg

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 05, 2015, 12:48:48 pm
I think it's a good bet that Bama will do a much better job of doing that than LSU will.

Miles apparently likes having QBs who can't function in a passing game more sophisticated than 8th grade level.

mizzouman

Why are so many afraid of Tenner?  They are like Notre Dame.  A bunch of hype only to lose games.  They were the hottest team in the SEC with Dobbs starting at QB when little ole' Mizzou went into Knoxville this year and beat them. 

Arkansas will have no problems with Tenner.  Over rated.

Wildhog

Quote from: mizzouman on January 05, 2015, 03:12:11 pm
Why are so many afraid of Tenner? 

I'm not.

I'm pretty confident in all of those games, sans @Bama and @LSU.
1909/1964/1965/1977

gmarv

10-2   toss ups bama lsu ole miss tenn.we split with these 4.i,m thinking we beat tenn and ole miss.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 05, 2015, 03:12:45 pm
I'm not.

I'm pretty confident in all of those games, sans @Bama and @LSU.

Yep, my way too early prediction has us at 8-4, losing all of our road conference games. Hopefully, that's a hurdle we clear with ease next season.

scruf

Quote from: ricepig on January 05, 2015, 01:53:09 pm
That pass first QB did pretty good against us last year in the first half......

So did Texas Tech's QB but it's a two-half game and our defense against Auburn wasn't close to what it was over the last 4 games. Plus, the coaches had to install two game plans: one for Johnson and one for Marshall. Hogs will cruise.

popcornhog

I think that the range of realistic predictions is a minimum of seven and a maximum of ten regular season wins.

Anything less than seven would make any reasonably fan sour on CBB. Anything over ten would make him automatic National COTY.

We could lose all three of the below. I suspect we'll win one or two of them though.

@Tennessee
@Bama
@LSU

WPS

Wildhog

Quote from: popcornhog on January 05, 2015, 03:27:31 pm
I think that the range of realistic predictions is a minimum of seven and a maximum of ten regular season wins.

Anything less than seven would make any reasonably fan sour on CBB. Anything over ten would make him automatic National COTY.

We could lose all three of the below. I suspect we'll win one or two of them though.

@Tennessee
@Bama
@LSU

The minimum for me is eight wins.  Anything less than that will be disappointing.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkSoda

Quote from: Wildhog on January 05, 2015, 03:28:28 pm
The minimum for me is eight wins.  Anything less than that will be disappointing.
I hope for at least 8, but it is the SEC, and nothing is guaranteed.  If we aren't continually improving, we are falling behind.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

popcornhog

Quote from: secneahog on January 05, 2015, 02:11:00 pm
We will not lose to Tenner.

I think we can win and might even be slightly favored, although Tenner will likely be favored by about 1.5 at home. But to mark that game down as a sure win? You must not have watched them this year. They played like 20 freshmen who improved every week and Butch has a very good class coming in.

Outside of Bama, UT will likely be our toughest game. I Wouldn't be surprised to see the Vols in Atlanta in 2015.
WPS