Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UCLA's Ben Howland:Official Thread, All Thoughts, Discussion Here Please

Started by mmhogs17, March 19, 2011, 12:12:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

Ben Howland is never going to coach one day at the UA...we have a better chance at Self, which is NO CHANCE
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hoggish1

Pig Worshipper

The Ben Howland can't recruit in the Mid-South region because he's a West Coast guy doesn't hold water to me. Bobby Petrino had very little experience recruiting Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas and he has done very well so far and has used his experience to get guys from more regions of the country than any previous U of A coach. If you are smart and hire the right people, work hard in a methodical fashion you can be successful NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE. Ben Howland is a basketball version of Bobby Petrino. He can get 'em and he can coach 'em. Also, I love Mike Anderson, but he has never been an ace at recruiting. He gets mostly good, not great recruits and teaches them how to play in his system.

Break & Run

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 22, 2011, 03:30:54 am
Ben Howland is never going to coach one day at the UA...we have a better chance at Self, which is NO CHANCE

We all always believed you were the smartest poster on here ;)  lol

We have a MUCH better shot at pulling in Ben Howland then we do Bill Self.  And it's not even close. lol
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

oldman1015

Quote from: freedomcounty on March 22, 2011, 01:38:55 am
You're saying UCLA's head coach called Jeff Long personally? I'm assuming while his team was still in the tournament? Your sources are dynamite.
don't put words in guv's mouth. he said howland drove for hours walked into long's office and threw his hat into a ring.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

firejunky

Quote from: oldman1015 on March 22, 2011, 08:37:59 am
don't put words in guv's mouth. he said howland drove for hours walked into long's office and threw his hat into a ring.
I wonder why Long has a ring in his office. Sounds a little fishy to me.
A closed mouth gathers no feet.