Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mallett missing from Texans practice.....

Started by hoglady, August 27, 2015, 12:46:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Quote from: BenDial on August 28, 2015, 05:39:39 pm
Starting QBs that I believe he is better than:
Bortles
Fitzpatrick (Actually beat him out last year)
McCown
Carr

Not a long list, but you asked for one. There are four.

That said, RM shouldn't have acted out. He's in good position to either take the job when the Texans inevitably fall way behind the Colts in the division and quickly fall out of the Wild Card race or get traded. This didn't do him any favors.

Too bad Al Davis is dead. Mallett has the kind of arm that Davis loved.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Cresthog on August 28, 2015, 12:43:27 pm
LOL.

Dude is still such a punk moron. Only getting what he deserves.

All of you who think BO has it "out for him" are ridiculous. If this kid ever wants to be taken seriously, stop being a baby with a stupid eminem accent and grow up.

Hoyer is 10-6 as a starter in the NFL. Thats a pretty solid record and the better guy got the job.

The homerism is laughable. Petrino doesn't develop NFL QBs and I don't expect Mallett to be any different. Just doesn't have it between the ears.
Not sure if serious or sarcastic, but I agree with you regardless. 
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Quote from: BenDial on August 28, 2015, 05:39:39 pm
Starting QBs that I believe he is better than:
Bortles
Fitzpatrick (Actually beat him out last year)
McCown
Carr

Not a long list, but you asked for one. There are four.

That said, RM shouldn't have acted out. He's in good position to either take the job when the Texans inevitably fall way behind the Colts in the division and quickly fall out of the Wild Card race or get traded. This didn't do him any favors.
Good list but I would take Bortles and Carr off of it
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 31, 2015, 07:26:14 am
Not sure if serious or sarcastic, but I agree with you regardless. 

He's serious. I remember Crest's insights into the essence of Mallet from the era.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Fatty McGee on August 29, 2015, 10:15:11 am
Never trust NFL contract numbers. Only the part that is guaranteed. The reat is largely illusory.

The Texans could cut him now and be out $1.75 million that was guaranteed in his 2015 salary of $2.5 million. If Mallet is on the 53 man roster after the final roster cut down on 9/5 the he gets the full $2.5 million salary. Then for every game he is on the active roster he gets a bonus of $62,500 for a total of $1 m if he is active all 16 games.

I highly doubt the Texans would be willing to eat the $1.75 to cut Mallett, especially when on the field there is zero separation between him and Hoyer. They are one of the 3 or 4 teams in the NFL that enjoy the luxury of knowing if their starting QB goes down there will be no drop off......in fact they might get better. If they do cut Mallett they are cutting off their nose to spite their face.

That is certainly not the kind of maturity you want to see from a guy that could be leading your offense. Mallett expressed being angry about not being the starter on Tuesday then "oversleeps" for the next practice. Mallett let his emotions get the best of him and that is not good. I don't know what he said to O'Brien but they apparently have gone back to a working relationship with Mallett only spending one day as the #3.

Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Lieutenant Dan

Quote from: Cresthog on August 28, 2015, 12:43:27 pm
LOL.

Dude is still such a punk moron. Only getting what he deserves.

All of you who think BO has it "out for him" are ridiculous. If this kid ever wants to be taken seriously, stop being a baby with a stupid eminem accent and grow up.

Hoyer is 10-6 as a starter in the NFL. Thats a pretty solid record and the better guy got the job.

The homerism is laughable. Petrino doesn't develop NFL QBs and I don't expect Mallett to be any different. Just doesn't have it between the ears.

I'll never forget the day someone on here said the Auburn QB (Cam Newton) would be a better pro than Mallett.  I've never seen someone get so blasted for being so right by homer Hog fans.  Mallett has a great arm.  That's it.  I never understood how fans couldn't see that.......

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Lieutenant Dan on August 31, 2015, 04:58:17 pm

I'll never forget the day someone on here said the Auburn QB (Cam Newton) would be a better pro than Mallett.  I've never seen someone get so blasted for being so right by homer Hog fans.  Mallett has a great arm.  That's it.  I never understood how fans couldn't see that.......

Seriously?  Your crowing over Newton bring a good NFL QB?  When did this happen?  If Carolina wanted to win championships the first move they would make is to go get a QB to build a team around.  That's who wins championships almost 100% of the time.  That may have worked in college just like it did with Russell and Young but you need more than what those guy can give you in the pros.

hoglady

Until Mallett gets some consistent game experience I don't think anyone really knows whether he could be a good NFL QB.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hogarusa

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 31, 2015, 06:25:19 pm
Seriously?  Your crowing over Newton bring a good NFL QB?  When did this happen?  If Carolina wanted to win championships the first move they would make is to go get a QB to build a team around.  That's who wins championships almost 100% of the time.  That may have worked in college just like it did with Russell and Young but you need more than what those guy can give you in the pros.

Let's not be silly.  Cam is a good NFL QB, top 15 in the league. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

HiggiePiggy

Over 3k every year in passing yards. Over 500 rushing yards every year.  I would say he has done pretty good at Carolina.   They aren't a good team.  Takes more than a qb to win championships.   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hoglady

Cam is one of the very, very few running QB's who can actually pass the ball.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 31, 2015, 08:17:48 pm
Let's not be silly.  Cam is a good NFL QB, top 15 in the league.

I choose to pick this particular thing to be silly about.  Newton will never be anything but a stat that doesn't matter in the larger scheme of things.

Hogarusa

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 31, 2015, 09:56:11 pm
I choose to pick this particular thing to be silly about.  Newton will never be anything but a stat that doesn't matter in the larger scheme of things.

You be you
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 31, 2015, 09:56:11 pm

He may never win a super bowl, but he is still a pretty good qb.  If he ever gets good players around him then he might be in a super bowl one day.   Carolina though has to get the players around him to be better. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hoglady

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/177222/ryan-mallett-explains-himself-on-hard-knocks

Mallett explains what happened.
He was in deep doo - security sent to his house to check on him / OB says ____ that / then had to meet with GM.

Quote from: hoglady on September 02, 2015, 08:02:22 am
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/177222/ryan-mallett-explains-himself-on-hard-knocks

Mallett explains what happened.
He was in deep doo - security sent to his house to check on him / OB says ____ that / then had to meet with GM.
That was not a good look for Mallett.

JayBell

Quote from: Karma on September 02, 2015, 10:35:42 amThat was not a good look for Mallett.

Could've been a lot worse.  These days you've got to respect anyone that accepts blame.  He didn't blame anybody or anything else.  He said he screwed up and wanted to fix the situation.