Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When do find out about 2015 Softball signees?

Started by nwahogfan1, June 22, 2015, 10:25:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SEC Softballer1

2 solid recruits from GA de committed (2017 class) Dowell of GA Elite and Sampson of GA Impact...would have been two solid pick up's. Rumor is Dowell is now going to Auburn. Also sounds like some of the SoCal A's kids are waffling now....more to come if that. 

I wish the new staff luck and hope they surprise me..understanding whoever got the job needs 3-4 years

But the consensus among most college coaches is Ark could have done better. I hope they are wrong, but they are normally spot on.

I do think we have two pretty solid Assistants though.

coltseaver

One of them just finished middle school. Not a huge shock if she's changing her mind. Have people from the other kid's camp told you she's thinking of decommititng?

jackflash

Look guys we need to give this a rest. I am pretty sure Long offered the job to others and was turned down. Maybe this job was not good enough for others. Its not going to be a easy turn around. Many coaches who have a good job would not leave, it to take on this rebuild in the SEC.  As for as transfer do your really want someone be hear who doesn't want to be

coltseaver

July 08, 2015, 01:19:34 pm #53 Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:51:12 pm by coltseaver
Quote from: SEC Softballer1 on July 08, 2015, 11:51:16 am
But the consensus among most college coaches is Ark could have done better. I hope they are wrong, but they are normally spot on.

What an interesting statement.

So I'm looking at the last two classes of CSDs at Maryland (presumably hers.) Looks like she gets a couple of locals and a couple of kids from the top programs in the nation (Corona Angels, Cal Cruisers, East Cobb Bulletts) every year. Getting that caliber of player to go to Maryland is a heck of a lot tougher to get them to come play in the SEC at one of the finest universities in the world. I think you guys are seriously underestimating her ability to recruit.

SEC Softballer1

Hogg_Phan

Quote from: SEC Softballer1 on July 08, 2015, 11:51:16 am

Where did you get this from, was there a survey done? Do college coaches have a blog site of their own where they talk about this openly or did you call each one of them and ask? I am just asking because I doubt Most college coaches would be talking about how we could have done better. I would think that only ones who wanted the job or wanted one of their assistants to get it would make these kind of statements.
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

jackflash

I never been to a woman softball game. I am going to see some next season because I like this hire

softballdad2118

Quote from: Hogg_Phan on July 08, 2015, 07:48:24 pm
Where did you get this from, was there a survey done? Do college coaches have a blog site of their own where they talk about this openly or did you call each one of them and ask? I am just asking because I doubt Most college coaches would be talking about how we could have done better. I would think that only ones who wanted the job or wanted one of their assistants to get it would make these kind of statements.

I was in Colorado last week at the premier fastpitch event thus far and there is very little excitement around the program right now...she has work cut out for her...I wish her a lot of luck...she is gonna need it

coltseaver

Quote from: softballdad2118 on July 08, 2015, 09:11:02 pm

I was in Colorado last week at the premier fastpitch event thus far and there is very little excitement around the program right now...she has work cut out for her...I wish her a lot of luck...she is gonna need it

PGF had an event in Colorado last week? That's interesting. What event was that?

Scott7703

Quote from: coltseaver on July 08, 2015, 09:46:56 pm
PGF had an event in Colorado last week? That's interesting. What event was that?

Pretty sure it was a 15-16u event.

softballdad2118

Quote from: coltseaver on July 08, 2015, 09:46:56 pm
[/quote

softballdad2118

Guys, I meant the top event thus far not a PGF event..that's in a few weeks..sorry

coltseaver

Quote from: softballdad2118 on July 09, 2015, 02:39:01 pm
Guys, I meant the top event thus far not a PGF event..that's in a few weeks..sorry

So are you saying people just weren't talking about how excited they are about the program or did you speak to individuals who are specifically making negative commentary? Only reason I ask is that I was also at a top event in Co. this week, spoke to over 3 dozen coaches from the power 5, and apathy is about as bad as I got about the hires at Arkansas.

beringer62

Quote from: coltseaver on July 09, 2015, 02:56:29 pm
So are you saying people just weren't talking about how excited they are about the program or did you speak to individuals who are specifically making negative commentary? Only reason I ask is that I was also at a top event in Co. this week, spoke to over 3 dozen coaches from the power 5, and apathy is about as bad as I got about the hires at Arkansas.quote]

Any news about recruits the new coach may bring with her?

softballdad2118

Quote from: coltseaver on July 09, 2015, 02:56:29 pm
So are you saying people just weren't talking about how excited they are about the program or did you speak to individuals who are specifically making negative commentary? Only reason I ask is that I was also at a top event in Co. this week, spoke to over 3 dozen coaches from the power 5, and apathy is about as bad as I got about the hires at Arkansas.
[/quot

No, players arent excited, they dont know who CSD is..never heard of her...contrast that with the OSU hire, alot of excitement there....he is parlaying his Florida championships which obviously are fresh on 2017, 2018 and 2019 kuds minds. Now, obviously I havent talked to ecery player but have talked to kids representing some of the best organizations in the country. All this means is she is going have to be relentless and far more aggressive than others, she can win over recruits but it will take a lot of time.

coltseaver

You talked to some of the best orgs in the country and they have high profile, uncommitted, 17s? That tells me all I need to know.

softballdad2118

Who said high profile?? Not every kid that plays for Marty is high profile, not every kid is Shay Knighten...yes, there are uncommitted 17s...I got news flash for you, CSD isnt getting top 100 kids right now unless they happen to live in Arkansas and there are I think 4 of those and Arkansas got none. Hey, since your so connected tell me the 2016 pitcher out there in boulder that everyone was after? Left there with Missouri, Oregon, Cal and Wahington offers...

coltseaver

Quote from: softballdad2118 on July 10, 2015, 06:49:17 am
Who said high profile?? Not every kid that plays for Marty is high profile, not every kid is Shay Knighten...yes, there are uncommitted 17s...I got news flash for you, CSD isnt getting top 100 kids right now unless they happen to live in Arkansas and there are I think 4 of those and Arkansas got none. Hey, since your so connected tell me the 2016 pitcher out there in boulder that everyone was after? Left there with Missouri, Oregon, Cal and Wahington offers...

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I would submit that if a kid plays for Marty, they are high profile. I realize they all can't go to Oklahoma, but they do play for the #1 team in the country for a reason. My point was that if a kid plays on one of the "best organizations in the country" and is still uncommitted as an incoming junior, why are they not interested in playing in the SEC?

Not going to argue whether I'm "connected" or not or play games to prove it. I'm ok with being viewed as not connected at all. I'm just a regular guy who loves Arkansas. My comments were designed to get solid information that I don't know and I assume the board doesn't. If you have some, please share.

You know for a fact CSD won't have a top 100 kid? (There aren't 4 in any given class from Arkansas, so let's just talk out of state kids.) Like, she has made offers and was turned down? All of the top 100 commits from the previous regime have decommitted?

softballdad2118

Didn't say top 100 from 1 class..3 from 2015 and 1 from 2016

softballdad2118

Mike's top 100 kids were Maguire now going to South Carolina...Liz Jackson now playing golf...Glory kid I believe still going and I'm not sure about he Mississippi  kid..he didn't get Bishop, Kindrick, Neal and Burnside..all top 100 kids in state

flippinhogmana

Quote from: softballdad2118 on July 10, 2015, 08:50:32 am
Didn't say top 100 from 1 class..3 from 2015 and 1 from 2016

Quote from: coltseaver on July 10, 2015, 08:39:35 am
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I would submit that if a kid plays for Marty, they are high profile. I realize they all can't go to Oklahoma, but they do play for the #1 team in the country for a reason. My point was that if a kid plays on one of the "best organizations in the country" and is still uncommitted as an incoming junior, why are they not interested in playing in the SEC?

Not going to argue whether I'm "connected" or not or play games to prove it. I'm ok with being viewed as not connected at all. I'm just a regular guy who loves Arkansas. My comments were designed to get solid information that I don't know and I assume the board doesn't. If you have some, please share.

You know for a fact CSD won't have a top 100 kid? (There aren't 4 in any given class from Arkansas, so let's just talk out of state kids.) Like, she has made offers and was turned down? All of the top 100 commits from the previous regime have decommitted?

Have you two established which of the two can pee harder/farther yet?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

softballdad2118

beringer62

Are there any new kids that the coach is bringing with her? New recruits you are hearing about?

coltseaver

Quote from: flippinhogmana on July 10, 2015, 09:28:30 am
Have you two established which of the two can pee harder/farther yet?

Quote from: coltseaver on July 10, 2015, 08:39:35 am
I'm ok with being viewed as not connected at all. I'm just a regular guy who loves Arkansas.

Nope, but I've never been with anything less than a nine...so fine.

coltseaver

Quote from: beringer62 on July 10, 2015, 09:35:16 am
Are there any new kids that the coach is bringing with her? New recruits you are hearing about?

We won't be hearing anything official until probably mid-August on 2016s and younger (and any transfers/new 15s). The 2015 signees/releases have all been covered in the other thread. (I think)

What about the 16/17 class?  I know we've said the 2 GA kids are out and the 16 that committed to Wisconsin is out. Anyone know the status on the others?

budweiser35

I am not connected and definitely not savvy when it comes to social media but Tony Rico recently followed her on twitter.  She is one of only 36 that he follows.  You obviously can't read too much into that and I guess it really means nothing but I would think if he thought that lowly of her he wouldn't add a follow to her. 

I believe they are in Illinois this weekend for the big event.  Time will tell on recruiting.

psycHOGlogist

July 11, 2015, 12:57:01 am #76 Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 01:07:20 am by psycHOGlogist
Goldfastpitch lists a 2019 verbal for Arkansas from an infielder from So-Cal Athletics Mercado -- I can't swear to it, but I don't think this kid was listed before Mike left (I could be wrong, but I looked at this list a lot.) Is that the new staff's first commit, or is that one of the ones now alleged to be waffling? Long way off, of course, but interesting.

coltseaver

jdlittle

Interest in Arkansas softball is rising;  that is a first!!  Talk with a few on the travel circuit and the kids at least in Arkansas,  know they have a coach at Arkansas!! I will be attending my first Razorback Softball game next year!! Have been a football ; basketball ticket holder in the past.  didnt know where the softball field was til recently.  I also love high school and college softball!!

Go Hogs!!    Those that dont like the hire ,  dont go to the games!!

jackflash

I don't expect her to get top talent right away. I expect her to work hard and improve the team. Out side of us fans that like everything about Arkansas. I think its going to take a major job of selling this program. Recruits are going have to see what it could be not what it is now

psycHOGlogist

beringer62

So coltseaver, any good news regarding 2015 softball?

nwahogfan1

Quote from: budweiser35 on September 01, 2015, 01:35:29 pm
new 2017 commit

http://www.flosoftball.com/2015/09/01/mary-haff-how-i-committed-to-an-sec-school/

Good report.  Thanks.  She is from Florida so I guess our coaches knew this recruit from their Maryland job.  Two more years before she can come to Arkansas though so I betcha the recruiting war for her signature will intensify as she gets older.

Woo Pigs.

budweiser35

2016 Pitcher had originally committed to Maryland now to Arkansas

http://www.flosoftball.com/2015/07/06/video-t-statman-with-caroline-hedgecock/

Master Verbal Commits List

Caroline   Hedgcock   P   2016   Illinois Chill   Arkansas

nwahogfan1

Quote from: budweiser35 on September 02, 2015, 08:29:04 am
2016 Pitcher had originally committed to Maryland now to Arkansas

http://www.flosoftball.com/2015/07/06/video-t-statman-with-caroline-hedgecock/

Master Verbal Commits List

Caroline   Hedgcock   P   2016   Illinois Chill   Arkansas

Another great report.   

Thanks

jackflash

two commits 2016 and 2017 both pitcher interesting.  wasn't this Arkansas weakness  good way to start