Started by RebelW, September 06, 2016, 08:31:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgTide

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Sportster365

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: oldman1015 on September 06, 2016, 11:29:58 am
we still are.
Are you serious with this? WR is one area where we have plenty of depth. Try again.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

SquidBilly

Noticed they had him calling plays from the sideline also.  Kirby Smart must have heard about the elevator incident.  Glad it was in the dome though and not outdoors at Sanford, otherwise he'd need a few GAs following him around with gravy boats to catch his sweat and another to carry the defibrillator.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Sportster365 on September 06, 2016, 10:45:59 am
Who recruited that incredible FRESHMAN arm? Who decided to start that incredible FRESHMAN arm? When Chaney was here we had two NFL RBs in Collins and Williams, one of the biggest O-Lines in the country. Look the buck starts and stops at the foot of the head coach.

Wow some people pop off at the mouth (fingers here) way before they think.  Eason was recruited and committed to Richt, then took a step back when Smart took the job, but they held on to him. 

If you actualy watched the game, you saw a lot of the Oline troubles we had here.  They could not get push, when they needed a yard to two, even chubb seemed to run right into a Oline's ass that was pushed back a yard immediately.  Chaney did not have Chubb or Eason here when he was here.  I see someone brought stats to this before I did as well, to call out RebelW and the other few nearsighted

Cinco de Hogo

It's just bothering me to have a thread titled "Chaney".

That's all!

factchecker

I was surprised that Georgia gave up 4 sacks.  Now granted, it's against North Carolina, but that's a lot for a Pittman coached offensive line.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

supersaint

He was ok as an equipment manager.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: RebelW on September 06, 2016, 08:31:05 am
I'm not bashing Coach B or anything, I'm just curious... Do you think CBB didn't let Chaney call pass plys as much as he wanted to because of CBB love of running the ball? Watching the UGA vs NC game, Chaney called a well balanced game and makes me wonder why didn't he call that here? Maybe we didn't have the reciever talent yet?? Just blows my mind why he couldn't have called plays like that during his tenure here, unless he was on a short leash??? Blows my mind. Did anybody else think this when they watched that game? I don't want him back or nothing, I love  CDE's plays and ply calling he has installed. It's perfect for Arkansas but I guess I was just shocked when I watched the Georgia game. But... It is just 1 game

Well if you think that was the case with Bielema then it is also the case at Georgia with Kirby Smart. Take note that in Georgia's first game Georgia ran the ball 52 times (poor Chubb, they are going to wear him out, 32 of the 52 rushes belonged to him). On the other hand they attempted passes just 20 times. 72.2% of their 72 offensive plays were rushing while only 27.8% of their plays were dedicated to passing attempts. 61% of their yards came from rushing while 39% of their yards came from passing. Balanced play calling? Not sure where you got that but that is far from being the case based on real numbers as opposed to perception.
Go Hogs Go!

Hog N Bama

And I can also report GA fans are all giddy after 1 game. Boy are they in for a let down.

Laughing Hog

I warned my GA buddies about Jabba da Chaney and his play calling when they hired him. They kinda tried to defend the hiring a little bit, but basically said under baited breath they hope it works out "ok". They heard me on Mondays bitching about what he did or didn't do while he was here.

Well, the texts started coming in Sat as my phone blew up with a lot of stuff I can't say here. Today, the bitching got a little louder in person. My guess is that the pitchforks will be out by the end of the season.

Now back to our regular scheduled programing......... the Arkansas Razorbacks running backs (all 5 of'm) get a gazillion yards against TCU (I think we can run the ball against them) and the secondary shuts down the TCU passing game and our d line gets 17 sacks (fingers crossed behind my back with a lot of prayers on the last 2 items on my list)
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Bubba's Bruisers

Cheney is now at a program with elite talent.  Much easier situation.  Like when Ash bolted to tOSU.  Coaches usually follow the talent whenever possible.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 06, 2016, 08:13:03 pm
And I can also report GA fans are all giddy after 1 game. Boy are they in for a let down.

As long as they can get 30+ carries a game out of Chubb, they will probably do o.k. The problem is that the next most carries by any RB not named Chubb was 7, then 3, 1 and 1 and then 4 carries combined by the QB's. How long can Chubb take a beating game after game? His back up Herrien looked good with 7 carries for 59 yards and 1 TD, but if Chubb goes down again from over-use, do you really want a true freshman lugging the rock the same number of carries as Chubb? Only the first game so we will see how they progress but it is apparent so far that Smart is trying to emulate the Alabama philosophy.
Go Hogs Go!

onebadrubi

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 06, 2016, 08:31:50 pm
As long as they can get 30+ carries a game out of Chubb, they will probably do o.k. The problem is that the next most carries by any RB not named Chubb was 7, then 3, 1 and 1 and then 4 carries combined by the QB's. How long can Chubb take a beating game after game? His back up Herrien looked good with 7 carries for 59 yards and 1 TD, but if Chubb goes down again from over-use, do you really want a true freshman lugging the rock the same number of carries as Chubb? Only the first game so we will see how they progress but it is apparent so far that Smart is trying to emulate the Alabama philosophy.

Smart is giving Chubb the Henry treatment.

HardingHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 06, 2016, 11:59:09 pm
Smart is giving Chubb the Henry treatment.

Only problem is that Henry wasn't coming off a gruesome injury before last season

MissippHog

I'm not bashing Coach B or anything, I'm just curious...blah blah blah blah... It is just 1 game
Anytime someone starts off with "I'm not bashing Coach B,"  I automatically think they are bashing Coach B.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HardingHog on September 07, 2016, 12:45:00 am
Only problem is that Henry wasn't coming off a gruesome injury before last season

That doesn't mean he won't run him in the ground. Henry last year for Saban was a true workhorse. The game doesn't see that often, I'd actually put Alex Collins right up there as well, but we won't see two backs that can take the. Eating those two did every year. Look how Bielema brought back R Williams, he didn't get his first hit till "lahhhhhh tech".  Smart will ride whatever it takes to win, no matter health I believe.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Kevin on September 06, 2016, 10:40:14 am
cannot wait for that reverse inside the ten yard line

Then someone will need to sticky that pay in GIF format just so we can actually enjoy that play this time.
This is my non-signature signature.

Prestworthy

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 06, 2016, 08:54:13 am
Hmmm well balanced? I must be looking at a different box score than OP. UGA ran the ball 52 and passed for 20. Also rushed for 289 while only passing for 185.
This is what the hogs need to be doing this Saturday @TCU.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Prestworthy on September 07, 2016, 08:21:26 am
This is what the hogs need to be doing this Saturday @TCU.

If they did just that though and lost by 4 you'd be in here bit**ing about someone new wanting their backup.

Hoggish1

Quote from: ifghog on September 06, 2016, 09:24:10 am
Yeah the GA game definitely was not well balanced but who cares...they won.

I care.  I want them to lose.  Can't stand that coaching staff!

lasthog

I'm not bashing Coach B or anything, I'm just curious... Do you think CBB didn't let Chaney call pass plys as much as he wanted to because of CBB love of running the ball? Watching the UGA vs NC game, Chaney called a well balanced game and makes me wonder why didn't he call that here? Maybe we didn't have the reciever talent yet?? Just blows my mind why he couldn't have called plays like that during his tenure here, unless he was on a short leash??? Blows my mind. Did anybody else think this when they watched that game? I don't want him back or nothing, I love  CDE's plays and ply calling he has installed. It's perfect for Arkansas but I guess I was just shocked when I watched the Georgia game. But... It is just 1 game

Man, I feel your pain and am also perplexed at this.

Just like I can't understand why my one-armed  neighbor never claps his hands.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 06, 2016, 08:49:28 am
I'm starting to think Bielema is too conservative early in the season to the team's detriment.  Uses older, less talented players.  Leans on running game/short, safe passes (again, using guys like Kody Walker/Cody Hollister instead of guys like Devwah Whaley/Jordan Jones).  Tells QB not to run and throw the ball away if he doesn't have anything (although AA kind of has more gunslinger in him).  Plays bend-but-don't-break defense with plenty of cushion for the WRs because we don't want to give up the big plays.

To me, it just sets us up for failure more than success early.  I know some of it needs to happen.  However, sometimes I feel like we could play some more talented youngsters, open up the offense a little more, and play more aggressive defense.  We might give up a big play or two, but we might get a few turnovers that lead directly/indirectly to points.  We might have a turnover or two on offense (like we did Saturday) if we open up the playbook a little more, but we also probably score a lot more.

Hopefully, Bielema will insert/play some of the younger, more talented guys more against TCU.  If we do more of the same against TCU, we will get killed.
He went for it on 4th down like 4 times and gets called too conservative.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

factchecker

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 07, 2016, 08:24:48 am
If they did just that though and lost by 4 you'd be in here bit**ing about someone new wanting their backup.

Or how Bielema has taken over the offense and forced Enos to play conservative.

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 07, 2016, 11:46:59 am

Crazy isn't it?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Jim Harris

Quote from: Sportster365 on September 06, 2016, 10:45:59 am
Who recruited that incredible FRESHMAN arm? Who decided to start that incredible FRESHMAN arm? When Chaney was here we had two NFL RBs in Collins and Williams, one of the biggest O-Lines in the country. Look the buck starts and stops at the foot of the head coach.

The decided to start Greyson Lambert over the FRESHMAN, but that's neither here nor there, I guess. They also decided to put Lambert back in for the final, clinching drive (which was a big play run by Chubb, one of several, but again, neither here nor there).

Are you suggesting that Alex or JWill, while great for UA and now having made the NFL, are still in Chubb's ballpark? The point of what I was saying is, Chaney has way more many tools at Georgia now, having just joined the staff (and recruiting? You think he will be recruiting?) than he ever did at Arkansas. Biggest OL? Did you see what Georgia did to that O-Line in the first half in 2014 in LR? Any coach is going to want to work where there is more talent on hand to work with. It's why, even if Chaney had been on the staff again last season, he and Pittman would have jumped to Georgia when Kirby offerred. I'd be willing to bet that if Enos did not have the noncompete, he'd be there.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Fatty McGee

Quote from: King Kong on September 06, 2016, 08:35:26 am
When Chaney has elite players he is a very good play caller.

I would think that any coach looks better when they have better players than the other team.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

King Kong

Quote from: Fatty McGee on September 08, 2016, 12:16:30 pm
I would think that any coach looks better when they have better players than the other team.

Yeah, Cam Cameron looks great

The Hogfather

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 07, 2016, 11:46:59 am

He basically HAD to because of the situation.  It is my contention that the games might not be as close if he was a little less conservative early.

Paul

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 06, 2016, 12:03:52 pm
You mean double reverse
was it really a double reverse?  I've watched the play a dozen times & it looks like a single reverse.  It starts as a toss to Morgan who went in motion who then hands off to Hatcher

sigpooie

I smell a troll starting this post. Chaney is med level at best. Still living of purdue. Enos is a real OC and will be way ahead of the curve vs chaney, no matter how much talent he has.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Jim Harris

Quote from: RebelW on September 06, 2016, 08:39:55 am
Jonothan Williams and Alex Collins should equal a Chubb.

JWill, Collins, Whaley, RWillIII and Korliss Marshall combined don't equal a Chubb, much less separate
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hobhog

Am I the only one that doesn't think offense/scoring is our problem?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hobhog on October 11, 2016, 03:55:28 pm

There are problems, not our biggest problem though! 😉

Jim Harris

Quote from: hobhog on October 11, 2016, 03:55:28 pm

there are problems on both sides. We expected offense to lag behind because of three new starters in the offensive line, Austin taking over for Brandon, etc. Red zone offense has been seriously deficient. Turnovers were in Arkansas's favor though until Alabama.

Defense is just atrocious. Offense should not have to score 40-plus points to win, and against the strongest teams on the schedule, it's maybe not enough.

factchecker

Lost to Vanderbilt.....

Called a toss play to the receiver on 4th and 1.....  to the boundary.... and

Lost to Vanderbilt.

https://twitter.com/MickeyRyan1045/status/787372322873221120
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

grayhawg

Quote from: factchecker on October 15, 2016, 02:44:11 pm
Lost to Vanderbilt.....