Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SB Game 2 at Notre Dame

Started by psycHOGlogist, April 29, 2017, 02:33:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

Game has been underway for a while - it's 1-1 in the B5. Arkansas got a solo shot from Kryzsko in T3 to start the scoring, but ND manufactured the tying run in B3 with a single, some small ball, and another RBI single.

We seem to be hitting into a lot of DP's today, fwiw.

Headed to B5 - Hedgcock is pitching for us and, while not totally shutting them down, has been effective.

psycHOGlogist

And just as I type that, CH gives up back to back singles after getting the first out in the 5th, and Warrick is coming in to relieve her.

psycHOGlogist

First batter Warrick faces singles up the middle, ND scores. 2-1 Domers, runners 1st/2nd, 1 out.

And then we get totally hosed.

Next batter lines out to Belans, who flips to Yannetti doubling off the runner on 2nd. Except she's called safe.

Inning should be over.

But next batter hits 3-run shot, ND leads 5-1.

Warrick K's the next batter.

Time for a rally - Hogs down 5-1, T6, top of the order coming up.

psycHOGlogist

Top of the order does it's job, with a walk to Russell and a single from Kryzsko followed by a barely-fair 3-run HR from Cooper!

5-4 Notre Dame.

That's it for the O, though, as Belans, Schroeder, and Yannetti go down in order.

Moll on to pitch.

psycHOGlogist

Moll gives up a run, but it's hard to get too mad at her. She got the first out on a grounder, then the 2nd batter hit a sharp grounder to the right side. Yannetti got her glove on it but couldn't make a play. Definitely a hit, not an E, but ... Yannetti has been pretty reliable at 2nd, but neither she nor Belans has great range through the middle. Has to be an opportunity for some youngster/new recruit to come in and play great infield defense.

Next batter K, but then ND hitter poked a good 2-2 pitch into the right center gap for a double, scoring the runner from first. Last out on a liner to 3b.

T7 - Hogs sending up the bottom of the order down 6-4.

More rally, please!!!

psycHOGlogist

April 29, 2017, 03:11:11 pm #5 Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:56:22 pm by psycHOGlogist
On a 3-1 count, Hiers swings at ball four and then gets rung up watching a ball that crossed the plate at her shoelaces. Unreal.

Diaz hits a flair just past first base and tries to stretch it into a double -- which is very dumb, considering that she really isn't fast, but she gets helped out by a seriously off-line throw and is in safe! Great slide. Bugarin in to PR.

Warrick ph in the DP slot for Box, who's been meh all day. She doubles and Bugarin scores - deficit down to 1!!!

Russell makes a bad swing and pops out to shallow LF - up to Kryzsko now. But she hits a soft nubber off the end of the bat to 2b and is out.

The DH split is the order of the day, as Hogs go down 6-5.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on April 29, 2017, 03:11:11 pm
On a 3-1 count, Hiers swings at ball four and then gets rung up watching a ball that crossed the plate at her shoelaces. Unreal.

Diaz hits a flair just past first base and tries to stretch it into a double -- which is very dumb, considering that she really isn't fast, but she gets helped out by a seriously off-line throw and is in safe! Great slide. Bugarin in to PR.

Warrick ph in the DP slot for Box, whose been meh all day. She doubles and Bugarin scores - deficit down to 1!!!

Russell makes a bad swing and pops out to shallow LF - up to Kryzsko now. But she hits a soft nubber off the end of the bat to 2b and is out.

The DH split is the order of the day, as Hogs go down 6-5.

thanks again!
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Game 3 of the series is officially cancelled due to rain.

Next action is a huge series next weekend hosting UGA.