Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who would you say is the best Point Guard the Hogs have had?

Started by hogsanity, January 09, 2006, 01:39:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TennesseeRaz

I think Mayberry over Beck, but I enjoyed watching Beck play too.

To the fellow who said Scott Rose, I actually was at the game where Scott Rose "muscled" one in through Hakeem and drew the foul.  The place went nuts.

Neither Moncrief, Boothead, nor Al Dilliard were PGs.

turbo2000

I liked Mayberry the most. But, Ron Brewer, Sr seemed to have a court presence that was unmatched.

Duffer

Corey Beck... end of thread.

... and for god sakes... Pat Bradley, Clint McDaniel, Boot, Dean and Al Dillard were 2 guards.  Moncreif was a 3.

Whataboar™

"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

bigt54

Does anybody know what Beck is doing with himself now?
"I was not the best cause I killed quickly, I was the best because the crowd loved me."

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Ugly Uncle

Alvin Roberson...Mayberry...Beck.

Alvin was the best all around.  Mayberry was the better shooter.  Beck was just a winner.  I think I would still take Alvin.
Retired Radio Host

HF_Mudd

For everyone who keeps saying that Boot was not a PG, I don't get it.  The starters on that 78 team were Boot, Moncrief, Delph, Counce and Schall.  Who the hell was the point guard if it wasn't Ron Brewer?

Brewer was absolutely the point guard for that team, no doubt about it and unfortunately, I DO remember.  ::)
And so it is, my friend....

Flatfoot

Corey Beck was the best leader, Mayberry was the best shooter.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

hogmary

Beck and Mayberry...hard to pick one.  Beck was the toughest player and best leader we've had.
Mayberry was the best scorer.  Both showed up big time when it counted...they both hit 3's and free throws when we had to have them.  Great passers and didn't turn the ball over.  Reid was a good one, but he got a lttle wild with his passing...didn't have the talent around him that Mayberry and Beck did.  Reid also hit the 3's and free throws when it counted.
Those are the only true point guards I can remember.  Moncrief, Brewer and Delph were all guard/forwards and sort of passed it around. 

sage_dragoon

Hate on Kareem Reid all you want, but he is the school's carreer assist leader and is 2nd all-time in the SEC. 

That said, I would take Corey Beck if I had to win one game.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

hogfankb

He also ranks fifth in 3 pointers taken(just what pgs are suppose to do). At a fantastic 29%.

Collegehoops.net top 100 PG's of the modern ERA

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/columns/adamstanco/051121.htm

arkansas notables
91.K. Reid
44. L. Mayberry

In my quick look Beck doesn't even make the list?!?!!?!?

sage_dragoon

Quote from: hogfankb on January 10, 2006, 12:10:32 pm
He also ranks fifth in 3 pointers taken(just what pgs are suppose to do). At a fantastic 29%.

Collegehoops.net top 100 PG's of the modern ERA

http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/columns/adamstanco/051121.htm

arkansas notables
91.K. Reid
44. L. Mayberry

In my quick look Beck doesn't even make the list?!?!!?!?

I saw that list too and was thinking the same thing.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

Hawg414

Quote from: bigt54 on January 10, 2006, 01:44:31 am
Does anybody know what Beck is doing with himself now?

this is secondhand knowledge... so no i wont vouch for it myself... but i have heard he is a painter in memphis now... and is in the 280-300lb range.