Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 QB to take an official visit

Started by ricepig, March 02, 2016, 05:13:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

I see where the young man is apparently from Vero Beach, Fl.??? Anyone have any other background on this kid. :-\

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 02, 2016, 05:39:26 pm
I see where the young man is apparently from Vero Beach, Fl.??? Anyone have any other background on this kid. :-\

Here's his rivals listing. Offers list is at least wrong in that he has an offer from Buffalo as well. He has to be pretty smart to have an offer from an Ivy League school.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/171610

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2664290/carson-proctor
Go Hogs Go!

PorkRinds

I'm wondering if he may possibly be coming in as an athlete. I really don't feel like we need more QB's. Of course I'm not in the room, so I don't really know what we need.

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ricepig

VirginiaHog

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

JIHawg

Did he ever play D back in high school?

BoynamedWooPigSooie

If you've seen his picture you know the answer already.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Richard Davenport

HogNDas

Brown (FCS), Buffalo, and Southern Ill (FCS) are his 3 offers?   This perplexes me.  We have so many QB's, I don't' see us keeping what we have!

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: HogNDas on March 03, 2016, 09:20:38 am
Brown (FCS), Buffalo, and Southern Ill (FCS) are his 3 offers?   This perplexes me.  We have so many QB's, I don't' see us keeping what we have!

From the following, choose the one you can comprehend...

Walkon. WALKON. walkon. walkoN. WalkoN. wALKOn. WAlkON. wALKOn. WaLkon. wAlKon.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

HogNDas

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on March 03, 2016, 10:28:02 am
From the following, choose the one you can comprehend...

Walkon. WALKON. walkon. walkoN. WalkoN. wALKOn. WAlkON. wALKOn. WaLkon. wAlKon.
So!....still perplexing that an Ivy League caliber kid would W-A-L-K-O-N when we have NO NEED for him!!!   Walkon, or not!!!  Get a grip!...

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogNDas on March 03, 2016, 10:36:40 am
So!....still perplexing that an Ivy League caliber kid would W-A-L-K-O-N when we have NO NEED for him!!!   Walkon, or not!!!  Get a grip!...

Um, maybe you should get a grip dude.  He hasn't even stepped on campus yet.  A visit doesn't mean anything.  A walkon is a win/win.  He can run scout team, or if he's a decent athlete he can possibly switch positions.  But either way, we lost nothing by gaining a 3 star walk on.  Absolutely no negatives.

Hawgar The Horrible

Ever consider the fact that Ivy League caliber kid might want an education from the University of Arkansas?

ricepig

No need?? Do you want them tackling one of our other guys!! We had have a couple of others that were/are walk on QB's including a guy from Springdale, it obviously takes several.

HOGINTENNESSEE

The more you post the less sense you make

HogNDas

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 03, 2016, 10:46:12 am
The more you post the less sense you make
What doesn't make sense about the post?   
I don't understand, walk on or not, why a kid from FL who is only being recruited by Brown, Buffalo, and the Saluki's of Southern IL would consider us when we are presently overstocked at his position?   Is there a tie somewhere that we don't know about?  Family member attended on the Hill? 
So you fully understand this scenario?  There is nothing about it that seems odd to you?  Okay, I guess you're right, makes PERFECT sense!!!!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HogNDas on March 03, 2016, 10:49:25 am
I don't understand, walk on or not, why a kid from FL who is only being recruited by Brown, Buffalo, and the Saluki's of Southern IL would consider us when we are presently overstocked at his position?   Is there a tie somewhere that we don't know about?  Family member attended on the Hill? 
So you fully understand this scenario?  There is nothing about it that seems odd to you?  Okay, I guess you're right, makes PERFECT sense!!!!

This is exactly what I was posting about

WooPig90

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 03, 2016, 10:53:48 am

Losing battle. He must think this is the NFL and the kid just got an invitation to training camp.

HogNDas

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 03, 2016, 10:53:48 am
awesome response....guess I made my point...this situation doesn't make a lotta sense....if anyone has more info that would help explain, that would be great...

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: HogNDas on March 03, 2016, 11:08:49 am
awesome response....guess I made my point...this situation doesn't make a lotta sense....if anyone has more info that would help explain, that would be great...

The kid is checking out Arkansas because HE has hopes of walking on and EARNING a position on the team.

Is it likely? Probably not at QB. Is it HIS choice? Damn right it is. Does it detract in any way, shape or form from those already on scholarship? Nope. So what is the Sam Hell is so difficult to understand?

LA Football fan

Why does it have to make sense for YOU!!!!  If it makes sense for the kid and this staff then that is all that really matters.  It really doesn't matter if we need him or not, the kid plays a critical position, seems to be very smart, has the size you look for in a qb, and seems to be interested in our program.  He may be a sleeper and end up being better than rated out of high school.  He can come here, get GREAT coaching in GREAT facilities and possibly end up working himself into a chance to make the roster.  WIN/WIN it seems to me for us and for him.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on March 03, 2016, 12:43:17 am
Walkon

Watch his videos, this kid makes all the throws, good height and strong arm. Enos may have found a crown jewel in the rough, especially as a walk-on. After a redshirt year on the scout team, I can see him competing as a redshirt soph, after a winnowing out of some of our prima donnas, in a couple of years.

factchecker

Who freaks out over a walk-on?

Can you name all of our current walk-ons?  I'm sure you can name a couple, especially the ones who have made an impact (Kevin Richardson) but there are plenty more who are merely scout team practice players. 

Does anyone  know the name of the walk-on quarterback who joined the team in 2014? 

Troy Allison from McGregor, Texas.  What was his connection to the staff?!?  Why did he join the team?!?

They recently moved Troy to wide receiver.  Maybe this walk-on will take his place as scout team quarterback.  Regardless, whats the harm.  Worst case scenario, the kid never rises above being a scout team player and he transfers.  Best case scenario, he becomes some ESPN story of the year who leads us to 4 National Titles.  The realistic scenario, he will simply be on the roster .  He should at least help boost our GPA, seeing that the kid is IVY league material.

What I figure is that some are taking this as a sign that a quarterback is going to transfer.   Whether or not this kid joins the team will have little impact on someone leaving the program.  He's not gonna be fighting for the starting position anytime soon.  If someone transfers it will be because they want a shot to start now.  We have 4 quarterbacks who will fight for position. Cole Kelley will also provide some competition in the coming years but he will be redshirted.  SOMEONE is going to transfer regardless of how many WALKONS you bring.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RedyorNot

Good looking tape, he's got a nice release

cardinalandwhite

Maybe he wants to coach one day and thinks he can get a good start at it walking on here. Who knows?
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

factchecker

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on March 03, 2016, 11:46:53 am
Maybe he wants to coach one day and thinks he can get a good start at it walking on here. Who knows?

Some people will scoff at that reasoning but it actually is a good reason.  The collegiate coaching profession is a fraternity within itself.  It's hard to break in the ranks without a connection.  Walking on and being part of a Division 1, SEC squad is a great way to get your foot in the door. 

You don't have to play college ball to be a college coach but your chances are much more improved if you do.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24679811/ranking-fbs-college-football-coaches-by-playing-career-1-128
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Uncommon

Quote from: factchecker on March 03, 2016, 11:55:07 am

Some people will scoff at that reasoning but it actually is a good reason.  The collegiate coaching profession is a fraternity within itself.  It's hard to break in the ranks without a connection.  Walking on and being part of a Division 1, SEC squad is a great way to get your foot in the door. 

You don't have to play college ball to be a college coach but your chances are much more improved if you do.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24679811/ranking-fbs-college-football-coaches-by-playing-career-1-128
Yep.  If you're interested in coaching and are good enough to at least walk-on to a Power 5 program, I'd try to impress the coaching staff on and off the field to maybe get a GA spot in the future whether it be at the place I walked on or elsewhere.

MP24

January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

WooPig90

Quote from: HogNDas on March 03, 2016, 10:49:25 am

His coach and Coach B are friends...there you happy now? My god

FATHAWG08

Hopefully the QB we take in 16 is Powell.
I love off season Football!!

WooPig90

HogNDas

Quote from: WooPig90 on March 03, 2016, 12:18:01 pm
Why didn't you say so to begin with!...durn, like pulling teeth! LOL, thanks!!!

younghog

From Todays ArkDemgaz

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/mar/03/florida-qb-visit-hogs/?latest

--begin
Quarterback Carson Proctor may decide to walk-on at Arkansas after his March 8-10 visit to Fayetteville.

Proctor, 6-4, 212 pounds of Vero Beach, Florida turned down some scholarship offers, including Buffalo to explore other options.

"I was close to committing there," said Proctor of Buffalo. "I was on a visit there the weekend before signing day but I knew... I kind of didn't feel right. I knew I had some possibilities as a preferred (walk-on) in the SEC. "

As a senior, he completed 180 of 280 passes for 2,515 yards and 23 touchdowns while throwing only 7 interceptions this past season and was named to the Class 8A First Team All State by FloridaHSfootball.com. He was also named the Florida Dairy Farmers Class 8A Player of the Year.

Vero Beach Coach Lenny Jankowski and Coach Bret Bielema are friends.

"My coach knows coach Bielema pretty well and I knew that could be an opportunity and I didn't want to pass that up," Proctor said.

ESPN rates him the No. 28 pocket-passer in the nation and No. 107 overall prospect in Florida.

Proctor, who's been communicating with Bielema, has a 4.3 grade point average and is planning to major in business. He sees his talents fitting in at Arkansas.

"I feel like I'm a kid that can make every throw and do all the things you need to do as a pro-style quarterback," said Proctor, who has also had interest from Alabama and Georgia. "I'm not going to break off a 60 yard run, but I can get the first down."

--end

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

ricepig

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on March 03, 2016, 12:19:20 pm
Hopefully the QB we take in 16 is Powell.

I can think of 3 I'd take before him, but the odds aren't great.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 02, 2016, 07:09:34 pm
I'm wondering if he may possibly be coming in as an athlete. I really don't feel like we need more QB's. Of course I'm not in the room, so I don't really know what we need.
We don't need to be going after any of the DB's in that senior video.  Those receivers were wide open all day long.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: WooPig90 on March 03, 2016, 12:18:01 pm

You guys are wasting your time.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

southarkhog06

Quote from: texas tush hog on March 03, 2016, 11:21:52 am
Watch his videos, this kid makes all the throws, good height and strong arm. Enos may have found a crown jewel in the rough, especially as a walk-on. After a redshirt year on the scout team, I can see him competing as a redshirt soph, after a winnowing out of some of our prima donnas, in a couple of years.
do you have any info to suggest any QB on our roster or that will be soon is a Prima Donna or are you just bashing for the sake of bashing?

RazorPiggie

No problem with taking a walk on that has other D1 offers. You can NEVER have too much competition at the QB position.

Grizzlyfan

I'll admit my ignorance here again.  #28 pocket passer in the country?  There are 1000's of QB's playing high school football.  Wouldn't you think the # 28 pocket passer would garner more attention than Buffalo and Brown?  I know pocket passers aren't in vogue in college recruiting, but still.  What am I missing?

ricepig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on March 03, 2016, 01:19:32 pm
I'll admit my ignorance here again.  #28 pocket passer in the country?  There are 1000's of QB's playing high school football.  Wouldn't you think the # 28 pocket passer would garner more attention than Buffalo and Brown?  I know pocket passers aren't in vogue in college recruiting, but still.  What am I missing?

Only thing I can see is relying on recruiting rankings.

Uncommon

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on March 03, 2016, 01:19:32 pm
They hate gingers?

factchecker

Footage of drill work from the MQA:

MQA = Mastrole Quarterback Academy

http://mastrolequarterback.com/
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

MuskogeeHogFan

http://247sports.com/Player/Carson-Proctor-80583

So how does a kid with good numbers as a QB who appears to have good footwork, a good delivery and has a good INT to TD ratio in the highest classification of football in Florida (10-1 record) and who is also a 3 star according to 247 Sports, go under-recruited and/or under-evaluated and not have more offers from bigger schools? What's the catch?
Go Hogs Go!

HOGINTENNESSEE

HogNDas

Quote from: factchecker on March 03, 2016, 03:44:34 pm
Footage of drill work from the MQA:

MQA = Mastrole Quarterback Academy

http://mastrolequarterback.com/
Kind of favors Opie Taylor....

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HogNDas on March 03, 2016, 07:42:35 pm
Kind of favors Opie Taylor....

Yeah, Opie if he had as good footwork and as good of an arm.
Go Hogs Go!