Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Taylor Powell about to be offer by Arkansas

Started by razorback85, March 01, 2016, 06:48:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorback85

For everyone that is freaking out that we are not offering our instate kids looks like that will change soon for Powell. I guarantee we offer Brown this weekend too. Step back from the ledge people.

https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/704828650407874560

ricepig

Quote from: razorback85 on March 01, 2016, 06:48:51 pm
For everyone that is freaking out that we are not offering our instate kids looks like that will change soon for Powell. I guarantee we offer Brown this weekend too. Step back from the ledge people.

Well, that might be considered a little bit of a leap.

yraciv

Yeah I don't read that comment as an Arkansas offer is pending.  I know we've got 3 quarterbacks we've offered and like better. Now those guys might not be feasible and reciprocate the interest, but we're only taking 1 and as of now those are higher on the board.

Richard Davenport

I wasn't implying anything.   

texas tush hog

I can't see us offering Powell before we offer Byers with the logjam we already have at quarterback and the prospects looking at us from out of state.

HogNDas

I don't see all of our QB's being on the team after the 2016 season...attrition will occur....happens especially at the qb spot

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: HogNDas on March 02, 2016, 08:08:08 am
I don't see all of our QB's being on the team after the 2016 season...attrition will occur....happens especially at the qb spot

I've heard that for the past two Springs. You just officially made it a third.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HogNDas on March 02, 2016, 08:08:08 am
Not saying it's certainly not possible; however, thus far it hasn't, at least on the Hill. However, if you have ABSOLUTE proof and/or knowledge of such please feel free to share it with the group. I'm sure we're all dying to know just like you.

HogNDas

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 02, 2016, 08:55:49 am
Not saying it's certainly not possible; however, thus far it hasn't, at least on the Hill. However, if you have ABSOLUTE proof and/or knowledge of such please feel free to share it with the group. I'm sure we're all dying to know just like you.
If I had to predict (guess), I would say our homies, Austin and Ty are not going anywhere....

RME

Quote from: HogNDas on March 02, 2016, 09:31:25 am
If I had to predict (guess), I would say our homies, Austin and Ty are not going anywhere....

That's what predict means? I learn something new every day.

Why would Austin go anywhere? It's been said he's the clear #1 and it's his job to lose. If he loses the starting job, then yeah, he may get out. But at this moment, yeah, I would also say he's not going anywhere...

ricepig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on March 01, 2016, 10:08:45 pm
I wasn't implying anything.   

Most could see that out of your tweet, too many try to read between the lines when there isn't anything there.

southeasthog

Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2016, 10:07:25 am
Most could see that out of your tweet, too many try to read between the lines when there isn't anything there.
I remember a poster saying "People are trying so hard to see something that's not there, their eyes are in danger of popping out of the back of their head."

HogNDas

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on March 02, 2016, 10:06:58 am
That's what predict means? I learn something new every day.

Why would Austin go anywhere? It's been said he's the clear #1 and it's his job to lose. If he loses the starting job, then yeah, he may get out. But at this moment, yeah, I would also say he's not going anywhere...
Thank you!....Normally, when I put "predict", someone comes back and says, "where's the proof!?"....so I'm trying to dumb it down a little!.. LOL
No one said Austin was going anywhere (re-read the post)....he is NOT going anywhere!  Guess I'll have to make it clear what I am saying, I don't think Rafe will stay on the team when he realizes he is 3rd string.. just sayin!  (again, opinion so I do NOT have any PROOF!)

RME

Quote from: HogNDas on March 02, 2016, 10:17:03 am
Thank you!....Normally, when I put "predict", someone comes back and says, "where's the proof!?"....so I'm trying to dumb it down a little!.. LOL
No one said Austin was going anywhere (re-read the post)....he is NOT going anywhere!  Guess I'll have to make it clear what I am saying, I don't think Rafe will stay on the team when he realizes he is 3rd string.. just sayin!  (again, opinion so I do NOT have any PROOF!)

Forget it.

whosiskid

I think there is a chance someone could leave, depending on the QB rankings at the end of spring training. The brute and unpleasant truth is that a very, very good QB prospect is going to be ranked fourth on the depth chart. I have said before that I think the rankings will be based on seniority in order to try and keep anyone from bolting. I think the depth chart will be: Allen - Peavey - Storey - Town with our freshman redshirting.

Unless one of those guys clearly leaps wildly over the others, I just can't see that order changing. I know some see Town leaping over everyone, but at his NSD press conference Bielema clearly hinted that Town has some catching up to do just knowing the playbook. And then he has to clearly surpass two high school All American QBs.

The other reason I think Town will be last in the depth chart is that it would be moving him up that would be the only reason another QB might leave. it is possible that one of those guys might clearly distinguish himself over another, but I doubt it. Quarterbacking isn't entirely who has the strongest arm or quickest feet, but who is most comfortable running the offense. There are a host of intangibles. And all are making major transitions from HS. I don't think any of them played under center in HS. Peavey didn't even play with running backs on most plays (he was the sole back in an offense that ran the wildcat nearly 100% of the time - that is why his rushing stats were so huge in addition to his excellent passing stats).

Some of the QBs we are looking at look more like Duwop Wilson type QBs, great athletes who could be flipped to other positions if needed. Town could play WR if needed, Rafe might be able to play RB or receiver. Not saying either will move, but merely that there are alternatives to log jams, like Duwop moving other positions. Ty Storey seems to pretty be a QB. He isn't exactly immobile for a QB, but doesn't seem to have the quickness to play elsewhere.

One other huge thing to keep in mind: when he transferred to Arkansas Town promised that he wouldn't transfer elsewhere if he didn't like his place on the depth chart. That alone ought to let everyone know where Town will be on the depth chart. If he is last on the depth chart, all the QBs should be happy, or at least happy enough. If he is moved up, we could have some very distraught players. Besides Town, needs to show he knows the playbook before he can even legitimately claim even the #4 spot on the depth chart.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

HogNDas

Quote from: whosiskid on March 02, 2016, 01:40:05 pm
I think there is a chance someone could leave, depending on the QB rankings at the end of spring training. The brute and unpleasant truth is that a very, very good QB prospect is going to be ranked fourth on the depth chart. I have said before that I think the rankings will be based on seniority in order to try and keep anyone from bolting. I think the depth chart will be: Allen - Peavey - Storey - Town with our freshman redshirting.

Unless one of those guys clearly leaps wildly over the others, I just can't see that order changing. I know some see Town leaping over everyone, but at his NSD press conference Bielema clearly hinted that Town has some catching up to do just knowing the playbook. And then he has to clearly surpass two high school All American QBs.

The other reason I think Town will be last in the depth chart is that it would be moving him up that would be the only reason another QB might leave. it is possible that one of those guys might clearly distinguish himself over another, but I doubt it. Quarterbacking isn't entirely who has the strongest arm or quickest feet, but who is most comfortable running the offense. There are a host of intangibles. And all are making major transitions from HS. I don't think any of them played under center in HS. Peavey didn't even play with running backs on most plays (he was the sole back in an offense that ran the wildcat nearly 100% of the time - that is why his rushing stats were so huge in addition to his excellent passing stats).

Some of the QBs we are looking at look more like Duwop Wilson type QBs, great athletes who could be flipped to other positions if needed. Town could play WR if needed, Rafe might be able to play RB or receiver. Not saying either will move, but merely that there are alternatives to log jams, like Duwop moving other positions. Ty Storey seems to pretty be a QB. He isn't exactly immobile for a QB, but doesn't seem to have the quickness to play elsewhere.

One other huge thing to keep in mind: when he transferred to Arkansas Town promised that he wouldn't transfer elsewhere if he didn't like his place on the depth chart. That alone ought to let everyone know where Town will be on the depth chart. If he is last on the depth chart, all the QBs should be happy, or at least happy enough. If he is moved up, we could have some very distraught players. Besides Town, needs to show he knows the playbook before he can even legitimately claim even the #4 spot on the depth chart.
Yeah, what he said!....(great post)

PorkRinds

Completely agree.  CBB made a point in his presser the other day to praise every single QB on the roster.   I feel like he will at least try to convince them all to stay on at least one more year before transferring. 

Acer4

This kid is a GREAT H.S. QB.  With that being said I just dont see the upside.  He doesnt play any other sports and has been to every camp in America so I just dont know if he will improve that much.  Decent athlete but is 6-1 with smallish hands.  Remember I got killed on here when I warned Ty Storey would struggle to beat out either one of the Allen brothers.

RME

Quote from: Acer4 on March 04, 2016, 12:22:20 pm
This kid is a GREAT H.S. QB.  With that being said I just dont see the upside.  He doesnt play any other sports and has been to every camp in America so I just dont know if he will improve that much.  Decent athlete but is 6-1 with smallish hands.  Remember I got killed on here when I warned Ty Storey would struggle to beat out either one of the Allen brothers.

Quote from: Acer4 on February 26, 2016, 12:43:23 pm
Juan Day isnt an SEC back im afraid.  Maybe he can find a spot on special teams

Quote from: Acer4 on February 23, 2016, 02:12:18 pm
It would be insane to offer this kid right now.  And yea I think Lesser is insane.  I've seen Asdown play several times the last few years in junior high and high school and never heard of this kid until now.  Probably a late bloomer who needs evaluated.

Quote from: Acer4 on February 11, 2016, 03:01:56 pm
Storey wowed me when I saw him in the high school.  The guy was a man playing with boys.  But like I said he had a full man beard in 7th grade.  That is not always bad but most of the time its not a good thing for future success. I still think the kid is pretty good.  Just don't think he will ever pan out to be a great SEC QB

Man I didn't know we had legitimate scouts on Hogville

Acer4

Yep we do.  And I said Mallett would be a joke in the NFL and got killed on that....

yraciv

Quote from: Acer4 on March 04, 2016, 12:29:20 pm
Yep we do.  And I said Mallett would be a joke in the NFL and got killed on that....

Please tell me your old account where you said that because it wasn't on this account.  Would love to see what other predictions you have made.  You also said Kasey Ford is the best arm you've ever seen in HS. I'll have to be proven wrong on that one because he had no major offers, and appears to be banking on baseball.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Acer4 on March 04, 2016, 12:29:20 pm
A highly paid backup is not a superstar, but hardly a joke.

Acer4

Quote from: yraciv on March 04, 2016, 12:53:00 pm
Please tell me your old account where you said that because it wasn't on this account.  Would love to see what other predictions you have made.  You also said Kasey Ford is the best arm you've ever seen in HS. I'll have to be proven wrong on that one because he had no major offers, and appears to be banking on baseball.
are you honestly that dumb?  Petrino offered this kid when he was 16 then everyone found out he wants to play MLB.  He can throw a baseball 90 plus and a football 80 yards.  Storey and Powell around 60

Acer4

Ask any of the NWA coaches and they will tell you Ford had the best arm of any of these QBs.  Not even close

texas tush hog

Quote from: yraciv on March 01, 2016, 08:35:11 pm
Yeah I don't read that comment as an Arkansas offer is pending.  I know we've got 3 quarterbacks we've offered and like better. Now those guys might not be feasible and reciprocate the interest, but we're only taking 1 and as of now those are higher on the board.

According to Richard Davenport we just offered a 6'4" QB from Alabama, who runs a 4.62 forty named Daulton Hyatt who says we are at the top of his list. I would say this places Powell in a precarious position at best.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

sickboy

Quote from: ricepig on March 01, 2016, 07:28:25 pm
Well, that might be considered a little bit of a leap.

Clearly more of a long jump.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

riccoar

Quote from: Acer4 on March 04, 2016, 01:17:36 pm
Ask any of the NWA coaches and they will tell you Ford had the best arm of any of these QBs.  Not even close
Uncle Rico could throw one over a mountain.  What's your point?

draftkings33

Did I read this cleary?  Town could play WR and Peavy play RB?  Wow this has to be the dumbest thing I've read today

Pig in the Pokey

Town is , talent wise, the best on campus (excluding AA) among the back-ups , for sure. Wait until Fall and it will be clear. I do agree with whoiskid that it seems he is being kept 4th on the depth chart for, like, political reasons, though. That quote from BB isn't what you think it was. It's not some giant clue or something. Enos even debunked it, so...I bet Town is fine with his listed depth chart spot for now. The 3rd/4th place listings don't mean squat, though. If Austin struggles mightily, if we get off to a bad start and already feel like our goals are shot by mid season, or if AA is hurt, we will see the REAL Rick Town.

And, yeah, Storey will transfer to a small school eventually I bet. Don't want him to but it may be for the best if he wants to see the field. Not a knock on him, just Peavey, Allen, Town, and possibly Hyatt and Kelley are all more likely to play than Ty I'm afraid.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang