Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What methods are used to search out true talent thats under radar?

Started by Ben, February 26, 2016, 11:48:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

I always am curious about the recruits that slip underradar and become big
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

PorkRinds

Many times they'll stumble upon them while recruiting another kid at the school, or an opponent.  It happens lots of different ways.  Kids send out their own videos to schools, networking with high school coaches, seeing offers from smaller schools starting to build up.  There's no one specific way, but the coaches we have are so darn connected in football channels that they have tons of different ways of finding talent.

JIHawg

A lot of times, coaches are looking at game film of one recruit, and notice another on the other team or same team who may not be on the radar-yet.

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

tusksincolorado

So currently we have what on this Staff?

3 present and past ncaa head coaches

1 ex-nfl defensive coordinator

1 ex-nfl offensive line coach

1 badazz Louisiana crootin' WR coach

2 very good Texas crootin' RB/DB coaches

What recruit wouldn't want to pay for the Hawgs?  :razorback:

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

bennyl08

The main things have already been. However, I'd add luck. What is the difference between a Drew Morgan or a Korliss Marshall? Luck. One was a hard worker who bided his time and jumped at opportunity when presented. Korliss didn't. Coaching staff saw potential in both kids. Both were under the radar prospects. Most of those guys never pan out, some do. Largely depends on the internal character of the kid and if they want to reach their potential or not.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HogBreath

Quote from: Ben on February 26, 2016, 11:48:38 am
I always am curious about the recruits that slip underradar and become big
The best method, used by most top coaches, is, the flying under the radar recruit detector.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?