Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FHS QB Powell and DL Byers

Started by Rzrbk63, February 25, 2016, 06:34:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 04, 2016, 10:21:07 am
Understood.  But I would think if grades are the issue, offer him on the condition that he gets his crap in order.  If he can't, we move along.  No one is going to get upset with not keeping a spot for a kid that is going to end up JUCO.

There's still a "why" that requires more time to flesh out. Why does he not have the grades?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

PorkRinds

RME

Understood.  But I would think if grades are the issue, offer him on the condition that he gets his crap in order.  If he can't, we move along.  No one is going to get upset with not keeping a spot for a kid that is going to end up JUCO.

There may have never been an actual verbal statement of this, but you have to safely assume that this is an understanding between Byers and the coaches. They may not have "offered him on the condition," but surely Byers understands why he hasn't been offered and knows that once his stuff gets in line, the offer will come.

No sense in verbally making a conditional offer based on contingent factors.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 04, 2016, 10:26:21 am
Also, see the interview with Coach Lunney.

already have.  changes nothing about the conversation

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on March 04, 2016, 10:28:35 am
There may have never been an actual verbal statement of this, but you have to safely assume that this is an understanding between Byers and the coaches. They may not have "offered him on the condition," but surely Byers understands why he hasn't been offered and knows that once his stuff gets in line, the offer will come.

No sense in verbally making a conditional offer based on contingent factors.

I would disagree.  But it's not my decision.  Hopefully, at his age, he understands the process that this staff uses and doesn't see it as a lack of faith in him.  I'm sure Patton would help in this respect

Vantage 8 dude

You're apparently making the assumption that: A. The coaches haven't already discussed this with him and alerted him to the issue(s) and/or B. They're not intelligent enough to recognize the (assumed) grade issue and therefore spoken with him about it already. In either situation you're ASSUMING something that I suspect you, nor any of us, know for sure. In the end, the coaches are under no obligation (other than by some on this site) to make anything public or to make some type of pronouncement of an offer, whether outright or conditional.

WooPig90

How do you know we havent already told him that?

The_Boot_stops_here

I'm not assuming anything.  What I'm saying is that I wish they would go ahead and offer the kid under the understanding that the offer doesn't hold if he can't meet the conditions.  It's not assumption that this hasn't already happened.  It's fact.  If it had happened, everyone would know about the offer. 
Now, an assumption would be that they haven't discussed an offer, or the conditions under which one will be made, at all.  And of course, I would have no idea if that is the case although I would be shocked if it isn't

PorkRinds

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 04, 2016, 10:45:45 am
I'm not assuming anything.  What I'm saying is that I wish they would go ahead and offer the kid under the understanding that the offer doesn't hold if he can't meet the conditions.  It's not assumption that this hasn't already happened.  It's fact.  If it had happened, everyone would know about the offer. 
Now, an assumption would be that they haven't discussed an offer, or the conditions under which one will be made, at all.  And of course, I would have no idea if that is the case although I would be shocked if it isn't

Vantage 8 dude

The_Boot_stops_here

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 04, 2016, 10:45:45 am

Well, they aren't going to do it your way, so I guess we'll constantly be reminded of it, though.

Vantage 8 dude

The_Boot_stops_here

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on March 04, 2016, 12:10:44 pm
Well, they aren't going to do it your way, so I guess we'll constantly be reminded of it, though.

yes, I imagine that until the top in-state recruit is offered, it will be a somewhat regular topic of Hogville conversation

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 04, 2016, 01:03:12 pm
No! Can't be! He's mad at the coaches for no offer!

where did you hear he was mad at the coaches?

The_Boot_stops_here

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 04, 2016, 01:33:00 pm
good news.  not that I need to state this but, I hope he receives an offer while there

He will if he's fulfilled their 3 A's.

PorkRinds

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 04, 2016, 01:32:27 pm
where did you hear he was mad at the coaches?

I thought the entire argument for offering early when everyone else is offering was that the kid could feel slighted and upset about not getting an early offer.   ???

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 04, 2016, 01:57:16 pm
I thought the entire argument for offering early when everyone else is offering was that the kid could feel slighted and upset about not getting an early offer.   ???

Sure, I think that's a concern for many.  Its just that you stated so definitively that he was mad about no offer.  I thought maybe you had some insight into the situation. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 04, 2016, 02:04:20 pm
Sure, I think that's a concern for many.  Its just that you stated so definitively that he was mad about no offer.  I thought maybe you had some insight into the situation.

Evidently it's an overcautious concern. 

songofthesword

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on March 01, 2016, 05:14:36 pm
If it was the business world, and the largest and most powerful company in the US came in to hire someone, it doesn't make sense for the small, local company to be slow in offering the job to that person. With our connections, we should be ahead of the game and our competition, not behind the 8ball. Especially when our job pool is so limited. It's just bad business.

this is a great analgy execpt for the fact that it's god awful and makes no sense lol

a more adpt analogy would be that you are a mid sized tech firm in arkansas, and google sends you a letter in the mail saying they want you to come work for them. you haven't interviewed for the job but darn, apparently i'm that good lol to where they know who i am lol and it's google. so you relocate to San Francisco, go in for your orientation class only to find out, that what they sent you was just to get you out here FOR an interwove lol and you aren't actually hired lol, you still have to pass the FINAL interview meanwhile the place you just left not only is pissed off at you, has replaced you,b ut i mean, who is going toi give a darn that google sent out a few flyers lying to people about jobs, they made google voice bro lol