Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 11:58:25 pm

Derrick Munson (rumour thread)

Started by RME, February 24, 2016, 06:30:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RME

ricepig

He might be talking about his girlfriend, lol.

RME

Quote from: ricepig on February 24, 2016, 06:31:40 pm
He might be talking about his girlfriend, lol.

Ha, maybe so. If he is, he fooled the guys at 247Sports, too, because they have him decommitted now.

https://twitter.com/dmunson90/status/702643603546382336

woodhog14

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 24, 2016, 06:33:59 pm
Ha, maybe so. If he is, he fooled the guys at 247Sports, too, because they have him decommitted now.

https://twitter.com/dmunson90/status/702643603546382336

What could he be possilby disrespected by? These recruits are getting more dramatic and out of touch with REALITY more and more every year.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: woodhog14 on February 24, 2016, 06:41:45 pm
What could he be possilby disrespected by? These recruits are getting more dramatic and out of touch with REALITY more and more every year.
Perhaps he's referring to the rating service(s) in terms of his current star ranking. Otherwise I'm not sure exactly what he'd mean by this. And while it makes most feel real good when you have a bunch of commits at this time of the year, obviously for many of these kids it means virtually nothing some 11 months or so prior to the next NSD. Oh well, move along.

bulldog04

Not hog related.  He posted that hog fans need to calm down

ricepig

RME

Quote from: bulldog04 on February 24, 2016, 06:47:44 pm
Not hog related.  He posted that hog fans need to calm down

Yeah, just saw that too. Fooled me and the guys at 247Sports, plus RD retweeted the original tweet so I thought it may be something.

Mods, delete if you wish.

ricepig

Richard Davenport

FWIW, Derrick told me he wasn't talking about Arkansas in the free agent tweet. Nothing would surprise me.

factchecker

February 24, 2016, 06:58:54 pm #11 Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 07:25:31 pm by factchecker
Danny West just deleted his tweet.... 

Danny said there was miscommunication

-or-

did Derrick really decommit but now is having second thoughts

gotta love social media  ;)

edited for fairness to Mr. West
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Just let me know when the fax comes in next February.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Richard Davenport

Quote from: factchecker on February 24, 2016, 06:58:54 pm
Danny West just deleted his tweet.... 

so did Danny lie about talking to Derrick when he was actually using/interpreting Twitter as a source

-or-

did Derrick really decommit but now is having second thoughts

gotta love social media  ;)

I guess there was a misunderstanding. He told me the tweet wasn't about Arkansas.

The_Hog_Father

February 24, 2016, 07:01:25 pm #15 Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 07:13:13 pm by Pigs in Zen
I have no clue, but found this tweet. And read some not so great things on 24/7, though there is no telling what's up. But I will say, it's best for Hog Fans to give the kid some space.

I guess Danny West pulled his previous tweet... West just tweeted this...

Ricepig posted it below... Thanks man. +1

ADavisTheGOAT

I don't have VIP for 247 sports, but Otis said he was far too busy to play games LOL
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on February 24, 2016, 07:00:12 pm
Just let me know when the fax comes in next February.

Agree.

We've had kids flip.

We've flipped kids to us.

We've had kids flip then flip back to us. (Jared Cornelius)

February 2017 is a long long ways away.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

factchecker

Don't believe it until Richard confirms it.

Young people today tweet everything on their mind.  I don't follow recruits but I do follow current players.  You have to realize they don't think about football 24/7.  They will tweet vague negative tweets about their girlfriend, parents, or about a bad grade.  Biggest thing is to leave em alone.

Even if they do de-commit, tweeting them isn't going make them reconsider.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on February 24, 2016, 07:10:38 pm

Young people today tweet everything on their mind.  I don't follow recruits but I do follow current players.  You have to realize they don't think about football 24/7.  They will tweet vague negative tweets about their girlfriend, parents, or about a bad grade.  Biggest thing is to leave em alone.

Lol, I don't follow recruits or players, just the recruiting guys and our staff. Truthfully, I had to look him up, I didn't remember him.......

Richard Davenport

Quote from: factchecker on February 24, 2016, 07:10:38 pm

Danny reported what the kid told him. I reported what the kid told me.

Can't fault Danny. We'll have to see how long this goes.

Uncommon

We starting twitter interpretation way too damn early for this class.  We didn't even make it out of the month of February.

factchecker

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 24, 2016, 07:13:39 pm
Danny reported what the kid told him. I reported what the kid told me.

Can't fault Danny. We'll have to see how long this goes.

Yeah.  I'm not too worried about it.  It's February.  We are gonna have someone de-commit this cycle. 

I know social media is the main form of communication today but it leaves a lot of room for interpretation. 

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Derrick, let's put the decommitment rumors to rest. What was the tweet that you put out there? What did it say?

"I posted something like "decommitted free agent." I got that off a movie."

What was the text in reference to?

"I made a tweet about my ex. About my relationship with her and people took it the wrong way."

Shows how careful one has to be with social media. Was there any lessons learned from this dustup?

"I guess next time I'll keep it to myself."........cont

http://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/interview-derrick-munson-clarifies-decommitment-from-arkansas-rumors/

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

I don't see CBB being a fan of this regardless if it was a mistake or gf problem. Then the kid asked for hog fans to text him about a good nickname for him and put his phone # out their. lol.

southeasthog

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on February 24, 2016, 09:37:59 pm
I don't see CBB being a fan of this regardless if it was a mistake or gf problem. Then the kid asked for hog fans to text him about a good nickname for him and put his phone # out their. lol.
I agree. I also don't see CBB being ok with fans taking something a teenager posts on social media and interpreting as the worst possible scenario, then start running around like their rear end is on fire. 

immahog

17 yr old egos, social media and passionate fans is normally never a good mix.......social media has put the two together and created a very bad drug
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Whiskeyhog

cc

I saw a tweet recently that was misread all the way to New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN and FoxNews all because nobody clicked on link in tweet.  The defacation hit the rotary blade to say the least.

PorkRinds

Yikes.  It's stuff like this that has me nervous about twitter.  A few more fans feeling spurned and talking noise at a kid really could cause problems. 

southarkhog06

jeez, lets give it at least another 9 months before we start the freak out over 17 yo guys tweeting stuff.

jry04

I don't follow the kid, but Danny said after the tweet went out his twitter bio changed from Arkansas commit. Supposedly he removed that, and tweeted what he tweeted. Danny asked if he decommitted from Arkansas, and he replied "yes." Danny even posted a screen shot. I don't blame Danny for thinking he was decommitted.