Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How good of a recruiter was Jennings?

Started by razorbackfanatic, February 17, 2016, 02:48:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wachhog

How are "recruiters" supposed to establish relationships if they are from outside the area and are only here a yea

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: wachhog on February 18, 2016, 10:40:30 pm
How are "recruiters" supposed to establish relationships if they are from outside the area and are only here a yea

The same way they do it everywhere. That is not unique to here.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hei5manhog

I've never bought the line about players should choose the school above the coach. But with something like 66% of staff turnover in all of power 5 football since 2010 (just heard this on radio, so the year may be off a little, but it's a huge number %) it really may be true. Your head coach may be there for the duration of your playing time, but maybe not. And it's almost guaranteed your position/ lead recruiter won't be. It may really be smart for these kids to just go 'play for the helmet' and maybe overall scheme/philosophy. The rest of it doesn't seem to matter.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?