TNhawgfan

Most seem to think he was their best recruiter. Curious to see what he can do
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

jgphillips3

opineonswine

Wildhog

Quote from: opineonswine on February 12, 2016, 12:03:29 pm
Definitely an improvement.

Major upgrade.  CBB finally hired a recruiter.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Hogg_Phan

Almost seems over qualified. ;)  Although, there was no mention of Special Teams experience. I wonder who will be over this next season?

I like the hire and hope his recruiting efforts help land some more elite prospects.
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

Joe Hog

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

ThisTeetsTaken

Where has his primary recruiting territory been?

kibster

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 12, 2016, 12:26:51 pm
Where has his primary recruiting territory been?

DFW Metroplex, Illinois, Kansas, and MO
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Wildhog

Quote from: kibster on February 12, 2016, 12:28:08 pm

Also has Georgia, Okalahoma and Florida ties.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: kibster on February 12, 2016, 12:28:08 pm
Quote from: Wildhog on February 12, 2016, 12:28:51 pm
Also has Georgia, Okalahoma and Florida ties.
OK, well give him a plane and turn him loose.

The_Boot_stops_here

At the very least he is someone who will likely stick around, provide some stability.  At most, maybe he turns out to be exactly what we've been looking for/needing

redeye

Quote from: Hogg_Phan on February 12, 2016, 12:15:42 pm
Almost seems over qualified. ;)  Although, there was no mention of Special Teams experience. I wonder who will be over this next season?

I like the hire and hope his recruiting efforts help land some more elite prospects.

I believe we already have a couple on staff with experience coaching special teams. 

jgphillips3

If he could recruit to Kansas, he can sure as hell get them here.

TexasRazorback

Welcome to the Family Reggie. Glad to have you on board. WPS  :razorback: :razorback:

greenie

Hard for me to judge this guy.  Recruiting at KU is very different than at a football-first school, much less an SEC school.  Some might say its harder due to lack of facilities, tradition, and fan support.  Some might say its easier since there is relatively less pressure to perform well and since you're primarily competing for recruits with non-P5 schools (they've only signed 1 4* since 2010).  On the bright side, the running game has been the best part of their offense for quite some time.  Regardless, I tend to think that this guy will be good for us.  He obviously understands the importance of recruiting (he's been a recruiting coordinator at more than one school).  He likely will bring stability to the staff (this guy is not a transient).  He appears to have done a decent job coaching RBs at a place with marginal RB talent.  Finally, CBB doesn't miss too often.

hei5manhog

Is being Kansas' best recruiter like the tallest midget? Sorry, I just like that joke. I'm pumped. Sounds like the perfect fit for our recruiting needs.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

trphog

Go look up his recruiting history. In 2009 he signed 5 **** in one class to Illinois.

Atlhogfan1

He will have an opportunity at Arkansas to recruit and coach a higher level of talent at RB.  Arkansas gets interest and sometimes signs highly ranked/recruited RBs.  This isn't KU or Illinois.  And he has experience recruiting to programs at a comp disadvantage. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

greenie

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 12, 2016, 01:28:35 pm
He will have an opportunity at Arkansas to recruit and coach a higher level of talent at RB.  Arkansas gets interest and sometimes signs highly ranked/recruited RBs.  This isn't KU or Illinois. And he has experience recruiting to programs at a comp disadvantage.

This is a good point ^^^

hei5manhog

Quote from: greenie on February 12, 2016, 01:32:10 pm
This is a good point ^^^

And that doesn't change here. We aren't the Kansas of the big 12  as far as our success goes but we are always bottom third-ish in recruiting in the SEC. I wonder if this guy could have got Porter out of Texas ?
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

greenie

Quote from: hei5manhog on February 12, 2016, 01:37:39 pm
And that doesn't change here. We aren't the Kansas of the big 12  as far as our success goes but we are always bottom third-ish in recruiting in the SEC. I wonder if this guy could have got Porter out of Texas ?

Totally agree.

You've got to wonder what influence Chris Vaughn had on Porter, Cuffee, and Jones. 

Is there a PC announced yet to introduce the new coach?  I'm anxious to hear more about Reggie.

Hawgzinbowlz

Welcome to Razorback Nation Mr. Mitchell.

" GO HOGS "

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

whippersnapper

I like that he is older. That temptation to want to move on to the pros or up the ladder may have passed already. Now he is at RBU and the top conference in college football.
Welcome the Hill Coach Mitchell!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: greenie on February 12, 2016, 01:20:00 pm
Hard for me to judge this guy.  Recruiting at KU is very different than at a football-first school, much less an SEC school.  Some might say its harder due to lack of facilities, tradition, and fan support.  Some might say its easier since there is relatively less pressure to perform well and since you're primarily competing for recruits with non-P5 schools (they've only signed 1 4* since 2010).  On the bright side, the running game has been the best part of their offense for quite some time.  Regardless, I tend to think that this guy will be good for us.  He obviously understands the importance of recruiting (he's been a recruiting coordinator at more than one school).  He likely will bring stability to the staff (this guy is not a transient).  He appears to have done a decent job coaching RBs at a place with marginal RB talent.  Finally, CBB doesn't miss too often.

Easier to judge as he his recruiting as it was great at Michigan State and Illinois.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Wildhog on February 12, 2016, 11:42:35 am
I like this hire.

Kansas fans are devastated.
http://www.scout.com/college/kansas/forums/2485-gridiron-talk/14543316-a-huge-loss-to-the-staff
You're right about the majority of KU fans. Yep, most of them are as suicidal as some of the HV posters. Maybe they can form a club of malcontents. ::) ???

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: whippersnapper on February 12, 2016, 01:52:11 pm
I like that he is older. That temptation to want to move on to the pros or up the ladder may have passed already. Now he is at RBU and the top conference in college football.
Welcome the Hill Coach Mitchell!

I agree.  Good to have a mature recruiter content on being a position coach to mix in with a staff of younger coaches looking to move up in their career. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 12, 2016, 02:04:56 pm
You're right about the majority of KU fans. Yep, most of them are as suicidal as some of the HV posters. Maybe they can form a club of malcontents. ::) ???

how does Kansas fans being upset that they lost Mitchell to Arkansas make them malcontents? 

FraggleHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 12, 2016, 01:04:16 pm
If he could recruit to Kansas, he can sure as hell get them here.

This X 1,000
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

FraggleHog

Calling the Hogs from DFW

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ArkansasI

Bret's recent hires infer that he may intend for Arkansas to pursue low hanging fruit in northern states.  If a recruit in Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Illinois or wherever is worthy of an SEC offer, then they may be more inclined to accept an Arkansas offer than some of the players down south in Texas or south Louisiana.

This may be very wise.

TheRazorback500

Happy you're a Hog, coach Mitchell! Woopig.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

hei5manhog

Quote from: greenie on February 12, 2016, 01:42:09 pm
Totally agree.

You've got to wonder what influence Chris Vaughn had on Porter, Cuffee, and Jones. 

Is there a PC announced yet to introduce the new coach?  I'm anxious to hear more about Reggie.

Is he at Texas, now?

kibster

Quote from: hei5manhog on February 12, 2016, 04:39:49 pm
Is he at Texas, now?

He was until he resigned due to the investigations at Ole Miss.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

greenie

Quote from: hei5manhog on February 12, 2016, 04:39:49 pm
Is he at Texas, now?

As of this week, he's out at Texas.  As stated above, his previous shenanigans at Ole Miss caught up with him.

imtad16

I wonder if Texas will try to come after Clay Jennings?

Wildhog

Quote from: imtad16 on February 12, 2016, 05:02:59 pm
I wonder if Texas will try to come after Clay Jennings?

They're supposedly hiring Taver Johnson.
1909/1964/1965/1977

imtad16

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Joe Hog on February 12, 2016, 12:18:03 pm
Kansas?
Well as several have wisely pointed out: If you can recruit to Kansas you can recruit anywhere. Wise words.  8) 

greenEGnHAWGS

Very excited about this hire. We don't need a coach per se. The system and emphasis on Oline takes care of our success at the RB position. What we NEED is someone who can bring in the horses.  And that's what I think we got here.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Vantage 8 dude

February 12, 2016, 05:33:08 pm #47 Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:31:17 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 12, 2016, 02:42:21 pm
how does Kansas fans being upset that they lost Mitchell to Arkansas make them malcontents?
A club of malcontents such as in those unhappy with how things are going (at least in their eyes) with their respective universities. Make sense enough for ya' now ??? 

rustr

We got a recruiter; that makes me very happy. Welcome aboard Reggie.

secneahog

He coached Rashard Mendenhall in college. That guy was a beast. Mr. Mitchell has tons of experience.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!