Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jack Lindsey, Legacy recruit walking on...

Started by FBREW000, February 10, 2016, 10:21:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

COCHISE

"Arkansas has another option to potentially replace the outgoing Brandon Allen next fall,"

Talk about a stretch.  ;D

Vantage 8 dude

February 10, 2016, 10:52:08 am #2 Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:37:27 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: FBREW000 on February 10, 2016, 10:21:46 am
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/arkansas-legacy-commits-for-2016-as-preferred-walk-on/
Would really love to see this kid do well, especially if he has the same kind of "fire" and "grit" his grand daddy did. Jim was one tough hombre as well as being one heck of a leader!!

The_Iceman

I love Legacy recruits that will do anything to be a Razorback.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 10, 2016, 10:54:01 am
I love Legacy recruits that will do anything to be a Razorback.

I'd prefer they be 5*!     8)

outlawhogeywells

Potosihog

Wow.  I thought Lyndy Lindsey was Jim's son.   Wouldn't this be Jim's grandson?

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Potosihog on February 10, 2016, 11:10:41 am
Sounds more reasonable.

ricepig

1highhog

Anyone know what kind of speed he has or if he played any other position in High School?  With our QB depth there's no way he's going to break into the rotation there.  But maybe he can fit into another position if he's up to the challenge.

yraciv

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2016, 11:36:00 am
He's a grandson, but still a legacy as Lindy played.

I would say a son or grandson would qualify as a legacy. Welcome aboard Jack!

yraciv

Quote from: 1highhog on February 10, 2016, 12:20:31 pm
Anyone know what kind of speed he has or if he played any other position in High School?  With our QB depth there's no way he's going to break into the rotation there.  But maybe he can fit into another position if he's up to the challenge.

I don't know his speed, but he did not run hardly any at Springdale.  Appears to be a 3 sport athlete though.

Hoggish1

bennyl08

We had a walkon qb a while back who was pretty good for our team. Brian Beuhner (sp?) He actually looked pretty good during spring games and was the holder for us on special teams while providing some good scout team qb'ing.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

tophawg19

can the kid play well enough to see the field at some position ? special teams maybe ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

lstewart

Jack is Lyndy's son, Jim's grandson. He is tall and slim at this time. Probably can add 20 lbs pretty easily with the Hogs training program. He took a pounding playing QB at Springdale, as he did not have much talent around him. Very tough kid.... I saw him take blindside shots in the pocket that I could not believe he would get up from. Felt kind of sorry for him during the season, since it was not really much he could do with the huge talent gap between Springdale and the other 7A West schools. Seems to be an athletic kid. Starts on the basketball team and is a good 3 point shooter. I assumed he would be a solid DII prospect for someone like Ark Tech or UAM. Certainly has the DNA to develop in a few years. Probably not fast enough to make an impact at another position for the Hogs, but probably as athletic as most of the other Hog QB's. Give him a couple of years in the weight room and he might be an athletic 6 3, 210 qb. Glad to see him get a shot.

afhogfan1980

Got to keep the Lindsay money in the program jus saying
"Even Lance Armstrong Won Without a Nutt"

Acer4

Watched his highlight tape.  To me he has some upside.  Is he a late bloomer?  How long has he been 6-4?  His offensive line might have been the worst I have ever seen

lstewart

I agree that he might very well be a late bloomer, and might grow. His dad is huge and looks like he could still play tight end today. Agree that he had no help at Springdale, so I don't really know what he would look like in a better offense. He could very well grow into a prospect with a little time and weight training. All I learned from watching him at Springdale is that he can take a hit in the pocket. He pretty much got blasted every time he dropped back.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: lstewart on February 11, 2016, 03:45:37 pm
I agree that he might very well be a late bloomer, and might grow. His dad is huge and looks like he could still play tight end today. Agree that he had no help at Springdale, so I don't really know what he would look like in a better offense. He could very well grow into a prospect with a little time and weight training. All I learned from watching him at Springdale is that he can take a hit in the pocket. He pretty much got blasted every time he dropped back.
Does make you wonder under the circumstances what the kid might have done if he'd actually had some talent and help around him. Just from that standpoint I like to see him succeed on the Hill.

SamBuckhart

Would love to see him do well.  Wooo Pig!    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Potosihog on February 10, 2016, 11:10:41 am

I thought the same thing.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: afhogfan1980 on February 11, 2016, 02:30:14 pm
Got to keep the Lindsay money in the program jus saying

Don't worry. They get plenty from their renters to spend................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cinco de Hogo

2018, is there real competition for the starting QB job or will it just be handed to Lindsey?  LOL controversy brewing already.

Anyway like that choose to walks vs going to some small college...as if a Lindsey would do that.

hei5manhog

Coached by Zak Clark there at Springdale. His first HC gig. I'm neighbors with his folks in Conway.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?